Welcome To The Seat of The Stars [MxF] (Updated 28/01/2021)

Started by Starcaller, August 18, 2018, 07:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starcaller

A humble greeting...

Have the stars led you here? Come, then, wary traveler, the gates are open. Care to listen for a moment? I may have some words to speak, so make yourself comfortable. You're my guest now.

So, who am I, you're wondering?

I'm a lover of stories. So tell me yours. Or do you prefer to hear mine, first? Fair enough. But you will owe me one next time we meet. I am Starcaller. I could tell you everything about myself right here, but the fun is in the mystery. Isn't it?

All you need to know is that I love stories. And that I love writing, though, not by myself. It's always better when I have a partner whom I can play with. Will you be that partner? Only time will tell, I suppose.

I've been writing for ten years or more. I'd like to think I'm a pretty good writer, but that is for you alone to judge after you have a good look through everything I've written on here so far. However, there is a lot of room left for improvement, so if you could help me in that regard, I'd be grateful. I strive to improve. Criticism will not ruin me, as long as it's in good taste, obviously.

In regards to writing...

I enjoy writing detailed. Detailed to very detailed and beyond, sometimes. However, post length doesn't mean everything, not in all cases. Sometimes, writing a little less and telling a little more can be crucial. As such, I will not set a post length standard. I will say, however, that I don't enjoy one-liners or very short posts. A look into my post history can tell you more about my capabilities as a writer and about what I generally expect of a future partner. It's very simple, we're here to find entertainment, so let us entertain each other! However, grammar is a big thing for me. I suppose I am a perfectionist by nature in that regard so I will make sure that every one of my posts is grammatically correct, without even using the spell check feature.

Do be warned, though, that I am still only human and humans, sometimes, make mistakes. Forgive and be forgiven.

I cannot promise daily posts. In fact, I will not promise anything in regards to posting, however, I will announce that I have an open line of communication on Discord if you are into talking a lot between writing. Just ask and I will provide you with my name and tag! I do promise not to disappear without saying a word, though, and I hope you can say the same! But even if it does happen, I won't hate you for it. Life is life.

As about what gets me going...

I have here the thread  explaining everything that you need to know. Do peruse it, please.

Of plots, stories and prompts...

It's what you are here for, is it not? I could probably guess you're excited to see what I have in mind. And what if it's not what you enjoy? Well then, no worries, come back anytime and you may find something that is actually suited for your tastes. So, let's not waste any more time and get on with it.

Plots And Concepts

The Phoenix Project
Premise: In the year 2050, a possible key to immortality is in development. A corporate project meant to extend the capabilities of a human life indefinitely, or rather, overcome the problem of an aging and dying process. Codenamed "The Phoenix Project", it promises to soon have the capability of a full personality transfer into a new host body. With heavy testing underway, the project is the real talk of the town, although as of yet, no completely successful personality transfer has been made. Still, progress is being made.

Plot: Two years back, Muse A had a lover. Unfortunately, however, after a tragic event, the lover spent nearly one year in a vegetative state, and then, one day, they were pronounced deceased, although in rather strange circumstances. Nowadays, muse A lives their life as usual, either alone or with someone else. On the day that marks the passing of their old lover, they go to the apartment/house where they used to live if only to light a candle in remembrance, only to be met with a stranger already standing there, contemplating. The stranger (muse B) has never been here before and yet, they seem drawn to this place like a moth to the flame. And when they see muse A's face, something stirs within, a deep sentiment of familiarity that is impossible to fight. Almost as if the two of them knew each other in another life.

Celestial Archive

Herein you will find plots that are no longer of interest to me, and which I may or may not be ready to give up for adoption. All it takes is a message stating which plot you wish to take and why, and I will most likely accept, as long as credit is given where credit is due.

An unlikely partner
In a dystopian metropolis of the year 2055, the police have long since lost control of the streets. Crime runs rampant, corporations with shady interests dictate everything and work hand in hand with the most notorious underworld figures. But a new initiative might just prove helpful: pairing up criminals with very long sentences to serve with officers in teams of two, on the promise of reduced sentences for each case solved. And so, MC and YC get paired up and have to work together. To what end?

Note: I can play either the officer or the criminal, depending on what role you wish to take! This is a very vague idea which I really want to discuss!

When The World Goes To Shit - Closed
It's hard to say that this is a proper plot. It's more of a concept than anything else, but I hope to find someone to expand upon. I'm in the mood for something apocalyptic. Not post-apocalyptic, at least in the very beginning. I want to put two characters (or more, can't have a proper story without side characters) through absolute Hell and let them witness how the world is slowly going down the drain at the hands of... what? Zombies? A disease? Parasite?

I would like to put two characters who come from very different walks of life, most likely opposite, and have them need to survive together and build some form of mutual trust. A convict and a prison guard, for example, as their convoy gets attacked during a prisoner transfer in the midst of alerting news about something tearing the city nearby to pieces. Or a police officer and an offender. Or maybe just an unsuspecting civilian? Honestly, anything that spells "opposite" works in my book. So come at me with ideas, and stuff, and let's brainstorm a bit!

Prince and the Mercenary
The Kingdoms of Gweviel and Zenkar, the two most powerful kingdoms in the known world, had been at relative peace for two hundred years. Following recent disturbances and events, however, tensions began arising between the two nations as the King of Zenkar began enacting unfair laws and regulations upon the non-human denizens of his kingdom over claims of non-humans attempting an insurrection. With Gweviel's predominant non-human populace, the Kingdom soon began taking measures and demanding Zenkar, and the King, to reconsider his actions. However, Zenkar's king was known for being stubborn, and soon enough, the two nations found themselves on the verge of war. In a tactical move, the Queen of Gweviel attempted to take control of the situation by abducting the King's most precious relative: his son. However, the Queen's men only returned to her bearing not a prince, but a princess. Upset over the failure, the Queen however resorted to holding the Princess hostage, threatening to have her killed if the King did not listen to her demands.

A while passed and the Prince of Zenkar, tired and frustrated over his father's stubborn ways, decided that it was time to take matters into his own hands. Knowing that his father would never allow him to go, he instead chose to sneak out of the Kingdom and make his way to Gweviel, in a foolhardy attempt to save his sister alone. And though the Prince wasn't a stranger to fighting, it would still be difficult for him to survive out there, all alone, and remain undetected. But what happens when by chance he meets a mercenary? A woman selling her sword skills for gold? And what if this woman is an elf, of all things, and recognizes him? What would she do? Would she take him to the Queen of Gweviel? Would she feel despise towards him for his father's actions in regards to non-humans?

A return to glory

He (MC) was once a warrior, serving proudly in an army, participating in two wars, and subsequently becoming a mercenary. Now, he's a drunken man spending his days loitering in a tavern, telling stories to whatever travelers are ready to get him something to drink and eat. He isn't yet so old as to be retired from adventure, yet for some reason, his fire for it had died a good while ago. That is until she (YC) comes along. She is on a quest of her own, and she needs help, however, help is not easy to find. Not until, through some happening, she witnesses the drunkard putting to use skills that to her immediately speak of experience. Can she convince him to join her in her adventure?

Cyberterror on the loose
Welcome to the future. It's the age where technological progress is the greatest endeavor, the time when visionary dreams have been accomplished and new ones are being born, and the time when society is at its best and also, at its worst. Below the flashy neon lights and the skyscrapers, there is darkness, and in it, people stumble blindly. It's the age of cyber enhancements, sometimes taken to the absolute extreme with people blurring the lines between human and robot. A time of prosperity and strife, where crime runs rampant and the authorities are overwhelmed.

In the past two months, one city in particular was stricken with a strange series of suicides and murderous rampages committed by people who have one particular trait in common: an obsession with cybernetic enhancements. The police are in a struggle to find the culprit, all to the point where they are just about ready to enlist the help of anyone. There's a suspicion of cyberterrorism and hacking, but beyond that, everything is a mystery and there's dire need of the ones to solve it.

The Amnesiac Prince
MC is the young prince (20-25) of a kingdom. When a neighboring kingdom wages war on his, the prince fights valiantly beside his father, the king, and an entire army, yet their forces are defeated and his father is killed in battle. The prince, too, suffers injuries that are nearly fatal, and it is one of the knights most loyal to his father that saves him from death, and helps him escape a battlefield that now turns into a complete slaughter. The knight doesn't survive, and a badly injured prince rides two days and two nights towards an unknown fate, caught in a struggle between life and death. At last, the prince fall off his horse as he treks a muddy swamp, and remains there, unconscious and on the verge of death.

Until YC comes along. She is the daughter of a nearby village's healer, and she is out searching for herbs her mother had sent her to fetch. She comes across the prince, and while her village is relatively walled off from strangers and almost secluded from the rest of the world, she can't resist and can't let herself leave the young man to die. She manages to take him in and bring him back to her mother, much to the dismay and anger of the rest of the villagers who don't enjoy the thought of a stranger being there, especially one carrying a dagger with a strange golden hilt. The girl is all too curious to learn more about this stranger, and so, she sits by his bedside day by day, until he awakes. And yet, her excitement soon turns to dust when the young man doesn't seem to remember who he is, or anything about what happened previous to that moment for that matter.

Wings of Steel
MC is a member of a biker club. Fresh out of prison for aggravated assault, he comes back to a radical change. The chapter's new president has dreams of turning the unruly club into a full-fledged criminal empire, and the first step is to expand territory by driving out or assimilating the two other clubs in the city, by any means.

YC is part of one of those clubs, and she is an old friend of MC, possibly even old lover, if only even on occasion. How will they keep their bond among this newfound rivalry?

The Warrior And The Bard
A warrior famed and feared for ruthlessness and brutality is camped near a forest road for the night. Along comes a bard, and they, too, seek to camp for the night. And what better place is there than a famous warrior camp? But can they find it in them to ask the warrior for a place by their fire? And what if the bard isn't nearly as innocent as they seem?

Your Wish Is My Command
Your character is a woman, whether of noble birth or commoner, a spoiled little noble or an intrepid adventurer in search for glory and gold, who happens upon a strange artifact painted with words of magical nature. Curiosity overtakes judgement and thus, she tries to use the artifact, or learn more of it. Yet nothing happens, at first, and only days later does she happen upon a strange man who seems to know just about everything related to her. A man who speaks in riddles and is ever so careful with words, and who reveals that he could fulfill any of her desires, however far-fetched they seem. Riches? She may have them all. Love? No other woman in the world would be as loved as her. Life eternal and beauty that would not wither? He can grant all, provided she asks it. Yet there is a price to pay, he warns, but not too great. First of all, however, will she have the courage to speak her innermost desire?

Oh, you've reached the end. Already? Won't you stay for more?

It was a pleasure to have you as my guest. If you think we could work together, please, send me a message! I'm eagerly awaiting!

Starcaller

Added a new pairing and plot idea: Thief/Rogue and Warrior.

Starcaller

Starcaller

Re-worked the thread, added new idea. (Into The Badlands)

Starcaller

Starcaller

Starcaller

Starcaller

TAKEN!

Plot: A Debt Of Honor

Plot setting: Medieval Fantasy

Plot type: Story

Plot layout:

Dark forces are on the rise again, seeking to drive evil through the lands. Kingdoms are in peril, cities and villages are destroyed and the entire world is in great danger. As the sizeable and nigh unstoppable army lays siege and commands destruction on the capital city of a kingdom, the princess seems to remain the last to fight. Her father, the King, disappeared in the battle that ensued, presumed dead, and the army now breaking through every wall of the citadel, the princess takes it upon herself to fight until her dying breath. Yet as she prepares to make a stand, an odd ally rises. The man helps her fend off attackers while trying to convince her to give up the fight and leave the city with him. Or... whatever is left of the city, as it is all but ashes and ruin.

As they finally escape the onslaught, they set out on a journey towards the kingdom's nearest trusted ally, where the princess hopes to be able to warn the king in time about the incoming threat. And where she hopes she might find help in reclaiming her father's kingdom in his name. But what about the mysterious man at her side? He'd told her, among other things, that he owes a debt to her father. What debt would that be?

Plot notes: I want this to be a story. Smut and sex scenes will ensue but I don't want this to be a smut fest, or for our characters to go at it from the first night. What I seek here is to create a world and a story to match! So if you wish to write a story, I am waiting for you!

Starcaller

Taken!

(Old) New craving!

This is a story that I've attempted to write sometime last year on another site. It was not my initial idea and sadly, it didn't go far, but now I suddenly feel like trying to play it again and seeing if it goes somewhere this time.

My character and your character have been together since, well, forever. They grew up together and they stuck with each other for the most part of each other's lives. However, at some point, my character ends up in prison, found guilty of a murder that he did not commit. Your character, loyal as she is, promises to stay by his side no matter what and yet, as the sentence is for life, it's difficult. My character eventually decides to cut any ties with yours, not wanting her to torture herself this way, and in spite of any pleas she might have, he makes the decision a final one and refuses to receive any more visits or packages from her.

Three years pass and in a fortunate event, clear evidence arises that proves that my character is not, in fact, guilty of the murder, and so, after five long years in prison, he is released. Returning home feels bitter, especially since he doesn't think there's anyone waiting for him there any longer, yet what happens when he bumps into your character? And what happens if she never did give up hope, even if her heart was shattered?

Starcaller

TAKEN!

When two legends meet

They hunt monsters. It's all they've ever trained for. Contracts are always plenty, as every village and town seems to be dealing with all sorts of things. Bandits are sometimes part of their assignments, too, but the excitement lies in hunting and killing beasts that are dangerous even to them. They never stay in one place for long and so, they're quite famous across the world. They're legends in their own rights and the bards never tire of singing about them in taverns.

Yet they never met. Or perhaps, they had before but never sat down together. Not until now, when they met in the small tavern of a small village in the marshes. Their roads took them here and now they both reached for the same contract on the board. A blood mage seems to have a nefarious plan, one which only they could put an end to. Is this the beginning of a partnership, or rivalry? Could they both walk out with full gold pouches and seek out their next town to save together? And will there be something more between them?

Starcaller

Not interested at the current time!

Moon bases. Humanity's dreams come true at last. Yet the moon base serves now as humanity's last refuge. From it, the people residing there gaze at the beloved Earth and hope that one day, they can return to it. Many were born and have grown up in the moon base.

But what had happened to the Earth? In the year 2020, a dangerous virus was designed, fully experimental, with hopes of it being turned into a weapon of war. Yet it only took a minor accident for the virus to escape containment and spread into air, and from there, chaos ensued. The virus targeted any and all forms of wildlife and the results were disastrous. Insects and animals alike were affected and transformed, mutated into horrible creatures that soon ran loose into the population. Without an antidote yet developed, there was hardly anything for the governments to do than watch helpless as countless people, both civilians and military, died. Soon, they turned their eyes to the Moon, upon which a functional, inhabitable base had already been built. However, only so many people could be sent there and so, only those who could be of use were selected. Engineers, doctors, scientists and soldiers. And the rest? Left behind to survive or die in a world that was no longer theirs.

It has been twenty years now. The Moon base had thrived, developed, and now the first steps in reclaiming Earth were made. Troops are sent down on various missions, yet the primary one is to find and retrieve any data pertaining to the experimental virus.

Possible pairings for this plot:

a) My character and your character are both troopers, sent on Earth on a mission. At one point, either of them gets injured, and as the rules state clearly that any injured body should be left behind, the rest of the group wants to move on. However (depending on which of them gets injured) MC or YC stands strongly against it and decides to stay behind for the other, which constitutes desertion. Deserters are to be taken back to the base and punished according to martial law, and yet, something happens which saves them from such a fate. Again, multiple possibilities here. Either way, the two of them end up alone, on a hostile Earth. How would they manage? Can they ever make it back to the base?

b) My character is a trooper in one of the squads sent on a mission. Through some happening, they meet a group of survivors, a very small community that lives day by day in the midst of hell. And now, oh boy, let me lay out the options for this one!

b1) MC meets YC. She's one of the survivors, and they easily click. However, it is soon enough that the squad goes rogue and they take the people prisoners, rape the women and enact all forms of cruelty upon the small community. MC steps up and, as a result, he becomes a deserter. Eventually, after managing to kill off a few from the squad, the rest return to the base to report on his desertion. As for him? He remains with the survivors on Earth, out of necessity and also a sense of attachment to YC.

b2) MC and YC meet under the same circumstances, and they fall for each other. However, after a couple of days, the squad has to move on towards their objective and so, MC is met with a difficult choice. Desert and join the group of survivors or leave YC behind.
[/s]

Starcaller

Starcaller

Starcaller

Starcaller

Starcaller

Starcaller

Starcaller

Starcaller

Starcaller

Starcaller

1. Opened up the Celestial Archive section.

2. New plot concept: "When The World Goes To Shit".

Starcaller

Starcaller

Starcaller

"Vengeance is Mine" is once more available to play!

Starcaller

Hah, been long enough! "Your Wish Is My Command" is my latest craving! Check it out!

Starcaller

Starcaller