Final Fantasy Tactics (General Valter & Hiddenhart)

Started by Mr. Vyce, October 07, 2010, 11:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hiddenhart

Mr. Vyce

I'm good as well.
I remember you talking about how Mask had been paired with Agrias. How does your blind knight win over Princess Ovelia's most fervant protector and the Pride of the Lionsguard?

Hiddenhart

It was less a romantic relationship, more of a working relationship (i.e., both are doing the same duty). It was also more one-sided (from Mask's side, or so was thought). And it was her who I intended to cause the fight that caused Mask to abandon the princess. It was intended to involve his desire to do whatever he could to succeed and Agrias' more rigid sentiments.

And it's good to see you're okay.

Mr. Vyce

Quote from: Hiddenhart on October 07, 2010, 05:36:03 PM
It was less a romantic relationship, more of a working relationship (i.e., both are doing the same duty). It was also more one-sided (from Mask's side, or so was thought). And it was her who I intended to cause the fight that caused Mask to abandon the princess. It was intended to involve his desire to do whatever he could to succeed and Agrias' more rigid sentiments.

And it's good to see you're okay.

So it was Agrias's rigid Lawful Good mindset clashing against Mask's more lenient and even insolent Chaotic Good personality?

Hiddenhart

Basically, yes. Although they did respect each other even when he left.

Mr. Vyce

Quote from: Hiddenhart on October 07, 2010, 05:47:39 PM
Basically, yes. Although they did respect each other even when he left.

So no holy Judgment Blades from Agrias or whispered Firaga spells courtesy of Mask?  ;)

Hiddenhart

Let's just say things got testy for a little while...lots of fire and lots of sharp pointy things... ^^ But on the whole, they were intended to remain friendly.

Mr. Vyce

Interesting. From how you describe Mask, he seems to push all of Agrias's protective buttons (despite being able to fight with both sword and spell, he is still blind), yet respects the fact she's mostly business. Am I getting this right?
By the by, what is your interpretation of Meliadoul's personality, if I can ask?

Hiddenhart

Yes. He both serves to annoy/bother/tease her occassionally, yet he is respectful of what she does.

Meliadoul...is interesting to me. On the surface, she seems to be distant. But when you get closer/learn more about her, she seems more emotional. I also think she was never evil, merely pushing her ideals in the wrong direction. She seems to be a good person at heart...at least to me.

Mr. Vyce

Quote from: Hiddenhart on October 07, 2010, 06:02:06 PM
Yes. He both serves to annoy/bother/tease her occassionally, yet he is respectful of what she does.

Meliadoul...is interesting to me. On the surface, she seems to be distant. But when you get closer/learn more about her, she seems more emotional. I also think she was never evil, merely pushing her ideals in the wrong direction. She seems to be a good person at heart...at least to me.

Yes. Like Isilud and Milleuda, she seemed to be someone whose heart was in the right place. (It's a shame the first two weren't as fortunate as the Divine Knight to learn Ramza truly was a decent man.) And judging from her fighting style, she seems very precise and deadly when crossed. (I wouldn't be surprised if she was a high-level Monk or Samurai as well, given her code for honor.)
So, what genre are you in the mood to write? Comedy, romance (non-adult, of course), spiritual, drama, philosophical, etc.?

Hiddenhart

Quote from: General Valter on October 07, 2010, 06:13:15 PM
Yes. Like Isilud and Milleuda, she seemed to be someone whose heart was in the right place. (It's a shame the first two weren't as fortunate as the Divine Knight to learn Ramza truly was a decent man.) And judging from her fighting style, she seems very precise and deadly when crossed. (I wouldn't be surprised if she was a high-level Monk or Samurai as well, given her code for honor.)
So, what genre are you in the mood to write? Comedy, romance (non-adult, of course), spiritual, drama, philosophical, etc.?

She seems very well trained, I agree. Milleuda...there's a sad case.

Any genre works, though I am better at some then others. ^^ The only one I might not be good at is supremely dark ones

Mr. Vyce

Quote from: Hiddenhart on October 07, 2010, 06:16:10 PM
She seems very well trained, I agree. Milleuda...there's a sad case.

Any genre works, though I am better at some then others. ^^ The only one I might not be good at is supremely dark ones

I'm not very good at extremely dark stuff myself. So...something spiritual? ^^

Hiddenhart

Quote from: General Valter on October 07, 2010, 06:29:35 PM
I'm not very good at extremely dark stuff myself. So...something spiritual? ^^

Spiritual. eh? How would we do that? ^^

Mr. Vyce

Quote from: Hiddenhart on October 07, 2010, 06:32:02 PM
Spiritual. eh? How would we do that? ^^

Perhaps my OC (I don't know which of these names best suits him: Alex, Edward, Garin or Phillippe?) and Meliadoul staring up at the stars after a good sparring match (for some reason, I could easily see Meliadoul managing to trump him in hand-to-hand, despite his own innate skill), the night meaning something different to these former rivals-turned-friends with each sharing something from their past? It could lead to romance, angst, comedy or something else.

Hiddenhart

Quote from: General Valter on October 07, 2010, 06:36:17 PM
Perhaps my OC (I don't know which of these names best suits him: Alex, Edward, Garin or Phillippe?) and Meliadoul staring up at the stars after a good sparring match (for some reason, I could easily see Meliadoul managing to trump him in hand-to-hand, despite his own innate skill), the night meaning something different to these former rivals-turned-friends with each sharing something from their past? It could lead to romance, angst, comedy or something else.
That sounds good. As for a name, I like Edward or Garin.

I do like romance but you suggest the genre, as this was your idea ^^

Mr. Vyce

Quote from: Hiddenhart on October 07, 2010, 06:37:31 PM
That sounds good. As for a name, I like Edward or Garin.

I do like romance but you suggest the genre, as this was your idea ^^

I kinda like Edward as well. And this can well lead to the appropriate level of romance, if you want. But since this is my idea, would you like to set the stage in the appropriate forum? Or do you want me to lead off? (At this point, I'd say Edward has reached the vaunted Ark Knight class, choosing to have White Magic as a second move set.)

Hiddenhart

You can lead off, since it is your story ^^ Also, it'll help me figure out what to write, as this will be my first time RPing with a set character.

Mr. Vyce

Quote from: Hiddenhart on October 07, 2010, 06:46:05 PM
You can lead off, since it is your story ^^ Also, it'll help me figure out what to write, as this will be my first time RPing with a set character.

I started off here, and hopefully it's up to par: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=108.0

Hiddenhart

Mr. Vyce

(And now, my friend, I must be off so I can get some sleep. Do you want to continue this tomorrow? And are you enjoying this thus far?)

Hiddenhart

(Same here ^^ I want to continue. and I love the RP ^^)

Mr. Vyce

Quote from: Hiddenhart on October 07, 2010, 10:08:46 PM
(Same here ^^ I want to continue. and I love the RP ^^)

Likewise! I'll see you later then! Take care and have a good night!