The Na'aruse Tyranny (Pathfinder, looking for up to 6 players)

Started by Angie, March 17, 2017, 02:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Here goes my charsheet;

Sex: Male
Race: Human, Dugura Horseman.
Class: Unchained Barbarian, Hurler archtype
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Faction: Other: Dugura. Allied to Gradia and Saniki Dissidents. Opposed to Na'aruse.
Goals: Reunite with Altina and Temudai; Overthrow Na'aruse and liberate Saniki; return from exile to the Dugura.

Background
Toqto'agie, or just Toq to his friends, was born as youngest son to Hasi clan chieftain and to his youngest wife. Toq grew to be strong, passionate and favored of the gods with his ability channel his emotions and passions into raw power. Hasi clan is bit more unusual in approach of combat; they favor using heavy weapons close combat and they prefer throwing weapons over bows and they usually throw weapons before they dive recklessly to melee combat. So even if they are skilled as riders go, they do not consider 'calvary' tactics and more skirmish hit and run tactics where they close in, throw weapons, strike with close melee and then splinter off. Also they have strong tradition of young warriors proving themselves going alone to hunt a dangerous animal and eat it's heart and thus accept the animal spirit part of them and become their guide and mentor.

Toq's case he faced off against a lone dire wolf in his own trial, he defeated it, ate it's heart and took it's skull as trophy which was turned by skilled taxidermist into a solid decorative shoulder pad armor piece. For this deed he earned nickname Wolfson, a title which was stripped off from him as he was exiled. He met Alitna and Temudai in childhood during one grand gatherings, as young, reckless and boastful he challenged Temudai into contest of wrestling (over for dancing with Alitna). Which happenstance he lost, challenged him for arm wrestling which he won but then Temudai challenged him...they challenged each other entire day and neither got winning score and both were too tired to dance with Alitna at that point. Since then he considered Temudai as his brother, as all his blood kin brothers were much older than him and none of them played with him during childhood. After they got exiled he did blood oath with Temudai and thus are blood brothers by oath.

Temudai is well aware how reckless and easy to provoke he is, so he lets Alitna or Temudai make tactical decisions. But when he is calm he can be surprisingly cunning. During the job where they were meant to kill some bandits and instead faced horde of greenskins Toq got split from Temudai and Alitna during the battle; his horse got injured by greenskins and so he was forced dismount and let horse make own escape as he fled by foot to make figthing retreat until at riverbed he beat goblins hounds by diving underwater and swimming underwater to shake off their scent from him. He then walked to the meeting point (while his horse limbed besides him)....but no one was there. He then few days his horse healed and then he rided to only place which he thought Temudai would head to besides meeting point; to Saniki.

Vergil Tanner

May I suggest that, given the recent Mythweaver crash, having everything on there without a backup is...risky?
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Vergil Tanner

BUT! That being said, I like the looks of him! I like the differences in Hasi Clans approach to raising the warriors, too :P

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Kathyan

Sorry for the delay, had a busy weekend and a hard time deciding on what character to play but I finally did :-) and while I finish her sheet here is her story, hope it is fine

Motoko Risanaku

Sex: Female
Race: Half-orc
Eyes: Yellow
Skin: Grey
Hair: Bloody Red
Languages: Common, Orc
Class: Mesmerist  (Dreamstalker)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Faction: Na'aruse (defector)
Goals: Reunite with her lost friends Hiro and Hana (might not be defectors as her), get revenge on Goro Isuna and Na'aruse for her lost of Sergi.

Backstory

Having been sent to the city of Saniki prior to the invasion Makoto spent several months as a spy with several others gathering information that would serve Na'aruse to conquer the small city. Of course she knew some of the other people sent with her, that would allow them to exchange information and easy their job, Hiro a soldier, Hana a shopkeeper and of course her best friend Hiriko the dancer were the ones she was the closest to while she got herself a job as a street performer. Thanks to that and to being a half orc as wel she got to know a local band of thieves and even joined them so for a while she ended having a second "job" one that allowed her to earn a little more money and of course know more people.

It was like that she, while running away on the streets to a safe point after one of these "jobs", met him. It was a casual encounter, Makoto bumped against a young man and she dropped her loot which was quickly picked up by one of her burglar friends but they were still being chased and the man, to protect Motoko, pulled her against his body and quickly turning around pressed her against the wall hiding her from her pursuers making her blush in the process. It was the first time a man had taken her like that and even when she wanted to resist she shouldn't at that very instant besides she somehow enjoyed it. She wouldn't admit it quite yet until she met him again at the bar where Hiriko worked, being so close to her, Motoko's friend realized about her hidden feelings about Sergi and she took the freedom of arranging her a date with. Motoko refused at first but when was faced to him she wasn't able to deny anymore.

Motoko would try to save Sergi after she dated him for so long so when the it was for the invasion she spoke to Goro Isuna, her immediate superior, hoping he would understand. Her initial orders were that she was to return to Na'aruse before the invasion started but now she was told to wait at one the camps, did that meant he would be safe, she couldn't wait to see him again, she could protect him from the new order imposed in Saniki she thought but when she returned to the city she found Sergi already dead. Motoko never returned either to the provisional camp or to any of the ships her only concern being revenge, to the high officer that had denied her of her request and to the country that had caused his life to be lost. Looking around for Hiriko she decided she would stay in Saniki and start over.

Sheet

STR 18, DEX 14, CON 12, INT 10, WIS 8 CHA 16
HP=27
AC 19 (4armor+2shield+3dex)   touch 13, flat footed 16
Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +4
BAB +2
Falchion Attack +7
Sap, Whip Attack +6
Darts, Sling Attack +5

Feats

Power Attack: –1 penalty on melee CMB to gain +2 bonus melee damage, +3 if using a two-handed weapon, additional +1 when BAB reaches +4 and every +4 thereafter.
Enforcer: When dealing nonlethal melee weapon damage you can make an Intimidate as a free action to make target shaken for a number of rounds equal to the damage dealt. If attack was critical target is frightened instead.

Skills

Bluff (Cha)      3+3+3+1+1=+11
Diplomacy (Cha)      3+3+3+2+1=+12 (+2 vs Na'aruse people)
Disguise (Cha)      3+3+3=+9
Intimidate (Cha)   1+3+3+1=+8 (+2 vs Na'aruse people)
Perception (Wis)   3+3-1=+5
Perform (dance) (Cha) BG   2+3+3=+8
Perform (string) (Cha) BG   1+3+3=+7
Sense Motive (Wis)   1+3-1=+3
Sleight of Hand (Dex) BG 3+3+2=+8
Stealth (Dex)      3+3+2=+8
Use Magic Device (Cha)   1+3+3=+7

Class Features

Consummate liar: +1/2 level to bluff
Hypnotic stare: swift action -2 to will
Somnomancer Tricks: Chain of Eyes, Slumber hex
Dreams of Pain: once per round add subdual damage +1/2 lvl damage to one attack, if it is own attack also add +1d6/3 level
Sleepless: immune to sleep and +1 to fatigue and exhaustion saves but loses it when can't provide emotion component
Touch of Night: standard action, or swift if used on self, remove fascinated, fatigued or magical sleep
Bold Stare: Psychic Inception

Spells

known spells: 6L0, 4L1
prestidigitation, mage hand, message, ghost sound, detect magic, dancing lights
L1 slots: 4 , DC: 14 +1 language dependent
beguiling gift, unnatural lust, sow thought, vanish

Racial Traits

ability score increase: +2str
burning assurance: +2 diplomacy
sacred tattoo: +1 luck bonus to all saves
weapon familiarity: proficient with greataxes, falchions and treat orc weapons as martial
darkvision 60'
orc: blood   count as human and orc
Favored class bonus: +1/2 level to painful stare damage

Traits

Charming:+1 bluff and diplomacy to anyone who is or could be sexually attracted by you, and +1DC to language dependent spells
Fate's Favored: +1 to any luck bonuses

Equipment

Masterwork Falchion
Sap
Scorpion Whip
Sling (20bullets)
Darts x10
Battle Mask
Leather Parade Armor+1
Buckler+1
Wand of Divine Favor 10ch
Entertainer Outfit
Bard's Kit: backpack, a bedroll, a belt pouch, a common musical instrument (Harp), a flint and steel, ink, an inkpen, an iron pot, a journal, a mess kit, a mirror, rope, soap, torches (10), trail rations (5 days), and a waterskin.
39gp 8sp

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on March 20, 2017, 09:07:06 PM
May I suggest that, given the recent Mythweaver crash, having everything on there without a backup is...risky?

I know it's risky, but it was also exceedingly rare event. I still hold faith for Mythweavers which had worked fine for years minus recent hiccup. Glad you liked bit tribal culture difference on Hasi clan ;)

Vergil Tanner

Vergil Tanner

Also! Forgot to mention:

Kathyan! Your little lass looks VERY interesting, though I have to admit...I have never even heard of a "Mesmerist," so colour me intrigued to see what she can do! XD

Kathyan

I found it casually a while a go while looking around options for spellcasters but haven't played one yet, I decided to go basically melee with her thus half orc, she uses her stare to weaken her opponents and hypnotizes her allies to grant them bonuses and has a few enchant, illusion spells.
I just put her stats so you can check them

Also Angie I dont know if I should invest in Linguistics for an additional language or maybe it is not needed at all, and I went with a parade armor, not sure what material it is made of I'm guessing leather with some sort of ornament plate but not sure with an emblem but not sure, but what I really wanted to ask is about which country should it be based, I'm guessing Saniki instead of Na'aruse but wanted to know your opinion.

Vergil Tanner

Yeah, it looks like an interesting mix of abilities...so we have a Mesmerist to attract attention, a Barbarian to harrass the flanks, and a Ranger to snipe and kite. And a dancer to....dance. I guess ( ;) :P ). Looks like we have a rather diverse party! :D

Kathyan

Well Motoko despite being melee focused is also a dancer and not so much attracting attention but the opposite, you know stealth, disguise, and other options as well as infiltration, bluff, diplomacy and chain of eyes to perceive through other senses ^^

Zaer Darkwail

Also my barbarian got +10 on stealth, so he is sneaky for a big man :P

Vergil Tanner

Actually, so does Tem. +10 to Stealth for everybody!

Not as much as my RL Campaign Kitsune Ninja. +13 to Stealth and +24 to Disguise, bitches. XD

Marie Reynolds

Hey Hiriko  does not just dance she can throw bombs and stuff when needed! Also  has some skill with enchantment magic and a little bit of illusions.lol

Angie

Is this a bad time to mention I'm a Shadowrun player and know exactly how to counter a stealth based party?

Quote from: Kathyan on March 21, 2017, 11:35:52 AM
I found it casually a while a go while looking around options for spellcasters but haven't played one yet, I decided to go basically melee with her thus half orc, she uses her stare to weaken her opponents and hypnotizes her allies to grant them bonuses and has a few enchant, illusion spells.
I just put her stats so you can check them

Also Angie I dont know if I should invest in Linguistics for an additional language or maybe it is not needed at all, and I went with a parade armor, not sure what material it is made of I'm guessing leather with some sort of ornament plate but not sure with an emblem but not sure, but what I really wanted to ask is about which country should it be based, I'm guessing Saniki instead of Na'aruse but wanted to know your opinion.

Most countries speak "Common", though there are regional dialects, it's more to do with slang or certain pronunciations. As for the emblem, it may have started as a Na'aruse emblem but I can't help but think you may have had it repainted or a new one made after the whole defection thing. It can even be a personal emblem if you prefer, symbolizing how you've chosen your own path now.

(Also, the constant use of "not sure" leaves me very confused, I think you're asking about the emblem but I can't tell, so if I've answered the wrong question correct me)
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Kathyan

Quote from: Angiejuusan on March 21, 2017, 01:53:02 PM
Is this a bad time to mention I'm a Shadowrun player and know exactly how to counter a stealth based party?

Most countries speak "Common", though there are regional dialects, it's more to do with slang or certain pronunciations. As for the emblem, it may have started as a Na'aruse emblem but I can't help but think you may have had it repainted or a new one made after the whole defection thing. It can even be a personal emblem if you prefer, symbolizing how you've chosen your own path now.

(Also, the constant use of "not sure" leaves me very confused, I think you're asking about the emblem but I can't tell, so if I've answered the wrong question correct me)

Oh sorry I erased part of what I was initially writing and left an extra "not sure" :P

Well yeah I was actually unsure of the parade's armor material which I'm assuming leather and about which country it should be based I asked as she is from Na'aruse where she is supposed to have fought before as to have a Na'arusian armor but if she was sent as a spy so she could as well have Sanikian armor, still she was not spying in armor but she could have had that option. I ask it because the parade armor grants bonuses against people from a particular country, guess either would be useful but maybe you can give me hint on which one would be a better choice.

Marie Reynolds

Alright Back ground has been added to my character sheet!

Angie

Na'aruse is going to be the primary antagonist. Of course, then things will happen. There's a reason this is pathfinder and not another system, let's leave it at that.

Kathyan

Ok I feel it does make more sense if her armor depicts as Na'arusian so I'll go ahead an specify that on her stats block. ^^

And it's not that we are a stealth base party it's just we have that option xD also noticed that both of the Duguran 'gentlemen' are more stealthy than both of the ladies lol

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, we big ugly men have to hide so pretty ladies can have their spotlight :P. But then again neither of us are rogues in traditional sense (but we both can lay down good ambushes which is good).

Snake

I'm interested. is it too late to join in?

And if I can get in: can I use the Advanced template for a Gradian Monk? 

Seeing as they can't use magic; advanced gives +4 to all stats +2 nat AC but -1 full level  (since it's a CR+1 template, meaning they'd start off as a lvl 2 character instead of 3 like the others.)  It's in the Pathfinder SRD on it's site under "templates"

Marie Reynolds

@ Snake:  Hi  good to see you in another game. Hmm are green ronin published books considered official Paizo products? Also if your looking for a non magic monk character  there is the Fighter archetype Unarmed fighter.

Snake

Marie Reynolds

Cool, I have not read up on the unchained stuff.  So not familiar with what they do.

Angie

Quote from: Snake on March 22, 2017, 01:35:59 PM
I'm interested. is it too late to join in?

And if I can get in: can I use the Advanced template for a Gradian Monk? 

Seeing as they can't use magic; advanced gives +4 to all stats +2 nat AC but -1 full level  (since it's a CR+1 template, meaning they'd start off as a lvl 2 character instead of 3 like the others.)  It's in the Pathfinder SRD on it's site under "templates"

No.

-1 level does not justify +4 to everything and +2 AC. This will be one of the few times I will say "I don't care if it's official, you can't have it."

Snake

Full Bab
d10 HD
Better class feature balance and more options
Better Flurry of blows (granting you  a scaling bonus attack per turn as a full atk action at your highest base attack)
altered saves so their more fort/ref based rather than being the stonewall of saves.

@ Angie: Well...crap. That character's out. No big deal though I have busloads more that can easily be made to fit ^^.