GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Interdiction of words on September 10, 2014, 10:47:39 AM
OK I will make a human that seems like a dwarf

I have no problem with that.  Can't wait to see what you have in mind
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Bloodied Porcelain

Current Ideas:

• Pleasure slave (possibly one who is also a skilled assassin/spy)
  • Brothel Madam/Whore Extraordinaire who collects/sells information from her various clients (IE she who is always aware of who is fucking who and who hates whom and who had money problems and where the next shipment of X is going/coming in from, etc)
  • Adventurer/Dungeon Delver/Explorer type intent on exploring the various wild places and ruins around the island. Reasoning as to why they want to risk their life I'm currently undecided on.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 10, 2014, 11:13:57 AM
Current Ideas:

• Pleasure slave (possibly one who is also a skilled assassin/spy)
  • Brothel Madam/Whore Extraordinaire who collects/sells information from her various clients (IE she who is always aware of who is fucking who and who hates whom and who had money problems and where the next shipment of X is going/coming in from, etc)
  • Adventurer/Dungeon Delver/Explorer type intent on exploring the various wild places and ruins around the island. Reasoning as to why they want to risk their life I'm currently undecided on.
I've got some ideas on the island interior. I was thinking that there'd be some houses/huts/dwellings in the jungle interior.  A sort of suburbs.  Dense jungles.  Ruins.  Caves.  Volcano.  Etc.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 10, 2014, 11:33:50 AM
I've got some ideas on the island interior. I was thinking that there'd be some houses/huts/dwellings in the jungle interior.  A sort of suburbs.  Dense jungles.  Ruins.  Caves.  Volcano.  Etc.

Yeah your info on the ruins being rumored to be like... the birth place of magic and stuff made my muse perk up and now I have this girl from Malum brewing in my head. Gonna have to find another play by for her though, cause Tia is definitely a slave. >.>
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Interdiction of words

Posts are currently: Medium
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

Oh my, I haven't posted on our thread? PM me or check out my A&A

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Interdiction of words on September 10, 2014, 11:46:48 AM
Sent my character

I noticed!  I went ahead and forwarded it to my co-GM, Black Howling, on this, just to get his feedback.  I'll look at it more in depth later today or tonight and get back to you.

Seeking New Stories

Rel Mayer

Although I'm a huge fan of A Song of Ice and Fire, I think I'm going to stray away from building a character too focused around a particular house. (Although part of me really wants to make something of a female Robert Baratheon or something similar to Littlefinger.)

But...I'm actually thinking about playing a pirate that goes to exotic places outside of the particular areas with a team that captures exotic slaves to be sold into slavery? Would there be an option for something along those lines? Obviously if I make my character female, she won't be the leader of the group, but I figure she could have an influential part.

...Let me know if it doesn't fit, but that's the sort of 'pirate' type image I'm thinking of.

If you want something closer to the books, then I can easily come up with something along those lines. :D

Aiden

I'm making a pirate captain. Working with DF, she will be some sort of witch following a god.

My crew/captain will be pretty ruthless. Rel is that appeals to you, than you can sign up on my ship.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Aiden on September 10, 2014, 12:24:27 PM
I'm making a pirate captain. Working with DF, she will be some sort of witch following a god.

My crew/captain will be pretty ruthless. Rel is that appeals to you, than you can sign up on my ship.

Yes! This is completely what I'm looking for. I don't want to be a captain, but I'd like to play an influential member of the team.

Flower

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 10, 2014, 10:09:15 AM
Also...  For those who are having trouble finding a playby or needing some inspiration...

Some pretty cool tumblrs that I've checked out a few times to get some ideas and inspirations for characters and settings.

Thank you for these links. I've been bouncing back and forth between face claims so it's helpful.  :-)

Bloodied Porcelain

I'm not sure what would be considered "exotic" by this game's standards, since it seems to be all over the place influence wise, but perhaps my slave (Tia face) could have been captured during one of the most recent runs Aiden/Rel/DF's characters did?

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 10, 2014, 12:28:31 PM
I'm not sure what would be considered "exotic" by this game's standards, since it seems to be all over the place influence wise, but perhaps my slave (Tia face) could have been captured during one of the most recent runs Aiden/Rel/DF's characters did?

That seems like an excellent idea to me!

Timeless

>___>;;;

<___<;;;

*inserts her interest in* .. I'll be working something out with DF and Aiden hopefully. Wheeeee~

Aiden

Very possible, I am still wrapping my head around it all. But arriving at port with a fresh batch of pillaged goods and slaves might be a good starter.

But has to clear GMs since it is basically starting the game with a lot of "resources" so now sure if that will be kept in check.

Interdiction of words

Smallish human looking for work as a Mercenary and a smith reporting.
Posts are currently: Medium
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

Oh my, I haven't posted on our thread? PM me or check out my A&A

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 10, 2014, 12:19:14 PM
Although I'm a huge fan of A Song of Ice and Fire, I think I'm going to stray away from building a character too focused around a particular house. (Although part of me really wants to make something of a female Robert Baratheon or something similar to Littlefinger.)

Yeah...  I think I subconsciously made two of my characters into different versions of Melissandre and Daenerys... 

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 10, 2014, 12:19:14 PM
But...I'm actually thinking about playing a pirate that goes to exotic places outside of the particular areas with a team that captures exotic slaves to be sold into slavery? Would there be an option for something along those lines? Obviously if I make my character female, she won't be the leader of the group, but I figure she could have an influential part.

...Let me know if it doesn't fit, but that's the sort of 'pirate' type image I'm thinking of.

If you want something closer to the books, then I can easily come up with something along those lines. :D

I definitely don't have a problem with that.  You could make it into a slaver if you'd like to do that. 

The map I made (which I will pat myself on the back for, since it's the first I've ever done on paint), is pretty much a reference to the major lands and points of interest.  The Shattered Isles could be a great place for more exotic and rare peoples.  There can also be some islands, small ones, that can be created and used.

Seeking New Stories

RampantDesires

I've been wanting to play a kind of rough and tumble brawler type for awhile now and you had me at low magic fantasy setting, pirates are just a welcome bonus.

Facey Type Claim: Modified Margarita Petrusenko

Character sheet in progress n'all that!

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Rel Mayer

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 10, 2014, 12:47:22 PM
Yeah...  I think I subconsciously made two of my characters into different versions of Melissandre and Daenerys... 

I definitely don't have a problem with that.  You could make it into a slaver if you'd like to do that. 

The map I made (which I will pat myself on the back for, since it's the first I've ever done on paint), is pretty much a reference to the major lands and points of interest.  The Shattered Isles could be a great place for more exotic and rare peoples.  There can also be some islands, small ones, that can be created and used.

There is nothing wrong with Melissandre and Daenerys. >.> They're pretty amazing characters, except I've lost a bit of faith in Daenerys and I'm ready for her to get her shit together.

I was thinking that my lady's role on the ship could be dealing with the slaves? I like the map and Shattered Isles could possibly be her specialty area? I was thinking that it's my characters responsibility to bring them to the brothel/buyers who want female/male slaves. Maybe even not just for the obvious sex answer, but for also labor within the castles or nobility as well. Sort of the source that brings them to the middle man too even?

I dunno. I'm just spatting out information from what I read from the background and history earlier. :P But that's how I sort of see my rough and tough pirate who lacks all sorts of morals.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: RampantDesires on September 10, 2014, 01:11:21 PM
I've been wanting to play a kind of rough and tumble brawler type for awhile now and you had me at low magic fantasy setting, pirates are just a welcome bonus.

Facey Type Claim: Modified Margarita Petrusenko

Character sheet in progress n'all that!

Just put her up in the pending claims for ya.

And here's the link, in case people have missed it...

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=213235.msg10476949#msg10476949

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 10, 2014, 01:16:07 PM
There is nothing wrong with Melissandre and Daenerys. >.> They're pretty amazing characters, except I've lost a bit of faith in Daenerys and I'm ready for her to get her shit together.

Lady Melissandre has to be one of my favorite female characters in the book.  Arianne is tops, but Melissandre's backstory and how badass she is awesome.

QuoteI was thinking that my lady's role on the ship could be dealing with the slaves? I like the map and Shattered Isles could possibly be her specialty area? I was thinking that it's my characters responsibility to bring them to the brothel/buyers who want female/male slaves. Maybe even not just for the obvious sex answer, but for also labor within the castles or nobility as well. Sort of the source that brings them to the middle man too even?

I dunno. I'm just spatting out information from what I read from the background and history earlier. :P But that's how I sort of see my rough and tough pirate who lacks all sorts of morals.

Originally I had thought of the Shattered Isles sort of like the Doom in A Song of Ice and Fire, and at one point did up a description for it.  But lately in the past few days, I decided against that, and instead made the Shattered Isles more of a open world type thing, where writers can create their own island, nation there, home, culture, etc.  I saw them as a bunch of independent, scattered island nations and countries, etc.

I personally don't have a problem with your concept.  I think that sounds really interesting, and could be a lot of fun, actually.  Very interested to see more.

Seeking New Stories

Ebb

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 10, 2014, 01:16:07 PM
I was thinking that my lady's role on the ship could be dealing with the slaves? I like the map and Shattered Isles could possibly be her specialty area? I was thinking that it's my characters responsibility to bring them to the brothel/buyers who want female/male slaves. Maybe even not just for the obvious sex answer, but for also labor within the castles or nobility as well. Sort of the source that brings them to the middle man too even?

I'd be happy for my character to be the buyer for whatever you and your crew bring back in the hold. Perhaps he has a contract with you for right of first refusal on interesting finds?

Bloodied Porcelain

Trying to come up with a concept for my adventurer and her armor/fighter look...

It would help if I could make up my mind what kind of fighter type I want her to be...

Timeless

I'm having my assassin/rogue character based on a cosplay picture of Thief. >3>

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Woot, so excited!

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Ebb on September 10, 2014, 01:27:48 PM
I'd be happy for my character to be the buyer for whatever you and your crew bring back in the hold. Perhaps he has a contract with you for right of first refusal on interesting finds?

I'm excited! That sounds like a great idea and it seems like a lot of this is coming together! I wonder, what they're doing is probably legal, but possibly frowned upon? Considered sort of 'dirty work'?

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 10, 2014, 01:24:52 PM
Lady Melissandre has to be one of my favorite female characters in the book.  Arianne is tops, but Melissandre's backstory and how badass she is awesome.

Originally I had thought of the Shattered Isles sort of like the Doom in A Song of Ice and Fire, and at one point did up a description for it.  But lately in the past few days, I decided against that, and instead made the Shattered Isles more of a open world type thing, where writers can create their own island, nation there, home, culture, etc.  I saw them as a bunch of independent, scattered island nations and countries, etc.

I personally don't have a problem with your concept.  I think that sounds really interesting, and could be a lot of fun, actually.  Very interested to see more.

I was actually thinking about making my character from the Shattered Isles, which is why she knows so much about it. So the fact that it's an open world thing we I can basically create my character's own culture and back story seems awesome! I imagine the people where she is from probably feel as if she's betrayed them. Or something along those lines.

Oh oh oh!! Getting so excited! I've already been looking at so many pictures of lady pirates.

We're doing all real images right? No art?

And Arienne and sand snakes are my favorite...which makes me think! We're allowed more than one character? I think it was two or four max? :D!!

@ Timeless:

I'm excited to get to play with you again!

Timeless

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 10, 2014, 01:42:07 PM@ Timeless:

I'm excited to get to play with you again!

And here I was thinking you forgotten about me! ;_____; LMFAO.

But I'm excited too! <3333 Also, really glad to see you around.

Aiden