Isle of the Damned - Recruitment Thread - Always Open

Started by GnothiSeauton, September 09, 2014, 04:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GnothiSeauton

Well, I'm glad to see this has taken off a hell of a lot quicker than I anticipated...

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=213235.0

Game Information above!

Included is some general information on the world and the various kingdoms/nations, information on the various religions, face claims, character sheets, etc.

If you would like to create your own religion, please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM about it.  I'd gladly add it to the religion section.

I'd ask that you submit your characters here, in the Interest Check/Recruitment Thread, or via PM to myself and Black Howling, who has accepted my offer of coming on in a GM capacity to help me run things.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Aiden

Can I make a face claim without a sheet? Want to make sure I lock him in for my dastardly pirate.

I would like to reserve Mad Mikkelsen

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Aiden on September 10, 2014, 09:48:20 AM
Can I make a face claim without a sheet? Want to make sure I lock him in for my dastardly pirate.

I would like to reserve Mad Mikkelsen

To tell you the honest to God truth, someone messaged me already with a claim for Mads Mikkelsen
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 10, 2014, 09:57:44 AM
To tell you the honest to God truth, someone messaged me already with a claim for Mads Mikkelsen

Who claimed my hubby?! *is now immensely curious and wants to PM for plottiness*

PS: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=213235.msg10476982#msg10476982 I want one.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Aiden

GnothiSeauton

Face Claims can either be posted here, or sent via PM.  It's first come, first serve.  If you claim a person, and it goes over a week without a character sheet, or no progress shown towards creating the character, the claim will either be given to next in line, or opened up.

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

Also...  For those who are having trouble finding a playby or needing some inspiration...

Some pretty cool tumblrs that I've checked out a few times to get some ideas and inspirations for characters and settings.

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Aiden on September 10, 2014, 10:03:00 AM
Damn I knew he would be a hot commodity, I will find someone else!

If he drops the claim, or if time runs out a week from today, I'll hit you up and see if you'd like to put a claim in on him.

Seeking New Stories

Devilyn Sydhe

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

~ ~ ~  Baela  ~ ~ ~

Writer Name:  GM NPC

Character Name:  Baela

Alias / Nickname:  The Dark Priestess.  The Darkness.

Face Claim:  Kathleen Robertson

Blood Status:  Magical Human

Sellsword/Mercenary Company Name, Vessel Name, OR Country of Exile:  Exile of Malum

Country/Kingdom of Birth:  Malum

Physical Description:  The seductive five foot ten form of Baela, Priestess of the Dark, is almost always clad in dark fabrics.  From raven feathers, to black jewels of obsidian and garnets, she at times appear to be a noble woman.  Her dark hair matches her dark eyes, with ancient runes of dark spells inked into her skin at a young age across her chest.  Few scars litter her back, lash marks of a life long ago.

Personality:  A quiet woman, she can be cryptic at times.  A dark and morbid sense of humor lays beneath her silence.  She has been known to be a cold woman at times, unafraid to kill and maim if necessary.  To some, she has been known to be a gentle sort, willing to offer comfort and solace when needed.  When it comes to the politics and troubles of the island, she has no care and pays no mind, for her mind is set upon another task, with far more important consequences in the world.

Profession:  Priestess.

History:  Baela was born a slave, bought at a young age for her magical abilities and trained into becoming a priestess of the Darkness.

She grew up without a mother, without a father.  The only family she had were the priests, clad in their black robes, who were more strict than loving.  The scars upon her back are the evidence of that, the marks of the lash which would never leave her skin.  A slave was all she was to them until she learned, until she became the master of her abilities.  She rose within the ranks of the Holy Darkness, becoming a priestess to be admired and feared by other priests and acolytes alike. 

For years she trained others in the darkness of the Holy Dark, training others like her that had been pulled up from the dredge of the world, with the darkness burning within.  She helped others realize their potential, to harness and control their powers, while at the same time becoming another harsh, cruel master of the whip.

She has been sent to Effugios on a secret and sacred mission, chosen for her looks and her abilities.  As others had been sent out to other lands, she is sent in search of the key to bringing the true power and strength of magic back into the world.

Religion:  The Holy Darkness

Weapons:  A dagger of onyx and steel.  Various smoke bombs, some capable of producing a thick, black, choking smoke.  Various powders and poisons.

Sexuality:  Bisexual

On's and Off's:  Open to anything.

Well, I want one of these, always a sucker for a lady on the darkside :)

I would like to put in a claim for Jason Momoa if he is still available

Aiden

Thanks, I will be gone a week from today, BUT I hope to have something started before then.

I need to find a RL equivalent to this.

Big Image

Dancing Flower said she will help me find something, so I shall return!

Lady Lunarius

Craig Parker!!!

Cause who else can look bad ass cuddling a kitten...while playing an evil bastard!!!

Gnothi I figured this be the Advisor/Bodyguard for your Exiled Queen. <3 The one who chose to go with her. Hope you don't have any complaints.

LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Aiden on September 10, 2014, 10:18:23 AM
Thanks, I will be gone a week from today, BUT I hope to have something started before then.

I need to find a RL equivalent to this.

Big Image

Dancing Flower said she will help me find something, so I shall return!

Euron Greyjoy <3

I;ll check around and see if I can find anything that might be a fit.  This might not be too bad.

Seeking New Stories

Bloodied Porcelain

I uhm. I don't have a last name for her, but I want to claim this lovely for my PB:

NSFW

Her name is Tia. That's all I know about her. I may make a few more from that series of lovelies. >.<;
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Interdiction of words

Posts are currently: Medium
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

Oh my, I haven't posted on our thread? PM me or check out my A&A

Aiden

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 10, 2014, 10:26:27 AM
Euron Greyjoy <3

I;ll check around and see if I can find anything that might be a fit.  This might not be too bad.

Ohh this is not a bad one. I plan on being one mean son of a bitch, so I am looking for a certain kind of grit to him.

Side note- Euron is my favorite Greyjoy. I don't expect people who exclusively watch the show to know about him. But yea, the guy is awesome!

"I am the storm!"

Ebb

I'm interested.

I'm looking to play a slaver, someone who was once a slave himself, won his freedom, and now has risen to a position of power.

For a face claim, I'm thinking Vin Diesel:

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Interdiction of words on September 10, 2014, 10:32:15 AM
So dwarfs are still not accepted?

Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, etc., type dwarfs, no.  Not presently. 

Game of Thrones, Tyrion Lannister, yes. 

In the future, if the game becomes very large, and it is expanded to the various kingdoms, I will allow for other races.  For now though, I'd primarily like to stick with humans.

Quote from: Aiden on September 10, 2014, 10:33:13 AM
Ohh this is not a bad one. I plan on being one mean son of a bitch, so I am looking for a certain kind of grit to him.

Side note- Euron is my favorite Greyjoy. I don't expect people who exclusively watch the show to know about him. But yea, the guy is awesome!

"I am the storm!"

Euron is pretty bad ass.  I love the description of his ship.  The Silence is a bad ass name, and love the figurehead. 

But out of him, Damphair, and Victarion, he's the bottom.  I <3 Victarion.

Also, this one might not be a bad choice either...

http://www.seriesweb.com/actores/foto_ampliada/Alan-Van-Sprang-3-grande.jpg

Seeking New Stories

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Ebb on September 10, 2014, 10:38:09 AM
I'm interested.

I'm looking to play a slaver, someone who was once a slave himself, won his freedom, and now has risen to a position of power.

For a face claim, I'm thinking Vin Diesel:

*quietly kidnap's Ebb's character*

consortium11

Just putting together a character sheet now.

Face claim: Travis Fimmel (Ragnar Lothbrok from Vikings)

On the "real life version of Euron Greyjoy" question, I've seen a couple of people used as standins. Unfortunately most of them seem to end up being the already claimed Mads Mikkelsen in a variety of roles.

Another option would seemingly be Richard Armitage from Robin Hood:

If you're desperate for an eyepatch I can certainly try to do something passable in photoshop for you.

Aiden

Victarion is awesome, the entire. "I wear armor because I don't fear drowning" is pretty bad ass.

Off topic sorry, its just rare anyone (outside the books) actually appreciate how awesome the Greyjoys are. They shall see!

Ebb

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 10, 2014, 10:39:50 AM

*quietly kidnap's Ebb's character*

I think you might have that backwards...

Also, when it happens it won't be quiet.

Bloodied Porcelain

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Aiden on September 10, 2014, 10:42:49 AM
Victarion is awesome, the entire. "I wear armor because I don't fear drowning" is pretty bad ass.

Off topic sorry, its just rare anyone (outside the books) actually appreciate how awesome the Greyjoys are. They shall see!

I loved that part.  The Greyjoys are one of my favorite families/houses from the books.  I can not wait to see what happens in the next book when he goes on his "mission" of sorts.  From the previews and excerpts, it sounds like it's going to be bad ass.

Alright!

Claims from the time of this post have been taken and added to the Claims - Pending section!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=213235.msg10476949#msg10476949

Seeking New Stories

Interdiction of words

Posts are currently: Medium
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

Oh my, I haven't posted on our thread? PM me or check out my A&A