DemiGods -Camp Halfblood Interest Check!

Started by Amelita, August 13, 2016, 11:28:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag

I was thinking of making a guy, but it'll have to wait till my hand is a little better. A CS is more typing than my hand can handle right now.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Emjay

Quote from: Jagerin on August 20, 2016, 07:12:17 PM
I was thinking of making a guy, but it'll have to wait till my hand is a little better. A CS is more typing than my hand can handle right now.

Aww I hope you feel better soon
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Writersblockade

I've been having a hell of a time with my face claim lol. That has thrown me off on character creation
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Timeless

Hope you'll recover soon, Jagerin! ;__; That cut sounds so extremely painful too. >3<;;

Also, Writersblockade, would you, by any chance, seen the link Emjay posted a short while ago? She linked a Tumblr filled with potential faceclaims. Here's the link if you're interested.

Writersblockade

I did, but I was looking for a certain something. Then I remembered a guy, so I figured I'd use him lol. I should have a sheet by tomorrow, methinks
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Moon Hound Hati

I'm struggling a bit with my sheet. It's mostly that I have several ideas for him and can't decide what route to go. I'll try to make up my mind soon.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Amelita

If all else fails, MHH, remember you can have two characters ;)

Looking forward to it, WB :)

And speedy recovery, Jag <3

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Writersblockade

Name: Anthony Jacob Davis (Most call him AJ)
Played by: Writersblockade
God or Goddess Parent:Demeter
Claimed or Unclaimed:Claimed

Background Information: AJ was left on his father's doorstep as a baby, during the harvest. Ironically, a great time to reap what you sowed. He didn't get a chance to know this until sitting besides his dying father as he tried to unload years of his burden onto a son that couldn't understand, because the very idea of it was so foreign, but it did explain a lot. In fact, the more he thought of it, especially while on the field in camp, the more he couldn't see how else it could have gone.

To hear his father tell it, his mother was beautiful. She was curvy, though he had the good bearings to explain it softer, AJ knew what he meant. His mother was a knockout...as some of the older guys would call her - a brick shithouse. A storm had come in hard and fast, and she'd requested help from the men at the near-by watering hole to help her reclaim a lost calf. From the way his father told him, the others weren't in the volunteering mood to risk life and limb for some baby calf, but his father. He was different.

To him, things just happened. Predators got a hold of animals all the time. A river could take them, and they'd never be seen again, but while there was a chance...he figured that calves represented a farmer's future, and the future was worth risking his life for. Of course, if he believed anything else, AJ would most likely not be at camp at all...they went out there in the kind of rain that looked like God was just pouring buckets on the just and unjust alike, but they found the calf. His daddy had to get waste deep in mud and who-knows-what to do it, but they got out, and then they got cover.

The waterline had crept up so fast, that they had to hold up in some old barn up the road, instead of heading back. His daddy got a little grey on the rest, but AJ just figured they spent the night being as much of a comfort to each other as possible. His daddy awoke to find her and the calf gone, and the clothes he wore spotless and patched. Even as he coughed up blood, the wonder never left his face. He whispered 'it was the damndest thing...' before continuing his story. Seems that one he got a good stretch back to his own farm, he couldn't even remember whose barn they used. He wanted to at least be good about making amends, but there wasn't any barn there. He'd asked around, and most thought he'd gone batshit crazy.

His old man chalked the barn to maybe just a bad memory for everyone, but she was real...she had to be. His father told him flat out that he didn't have the imagination to create a woman that fine. Still, no one at the bar that night remembered her, and being who he was, his father thought best to leave well enough alone. If it was a dream, then let it be the best damn dream he ever had. It wasn't until the harvest that he'd found his son wailing away in his mother's arms. AJ was a gift to him. A son strong enough to brave the dangers of tomorrow...a future that he thought he'd never have. His father was infertile, and at first took it as some con to take advantage of him, but when he looked into her eyes...he saw something that made him take the child without another thought. He never told AJ just what that was.

She explain what he needed to do, and AJ spent his life blissfully ignorant of his place in the world. He helped his father on the farm and found that he was adept at fixing farm machinery. Grew up and grew strong, just like Demeter promised. He wanted to be on the farm more, but his father pressed him into sports. He excelled. Kept off of varsity football as a freshman, because they wanted to develop him, but they had plans...big plans. The way his satyr explained it, it was a miracle he wasn't found sooner. His father kept him off the farm as much as possible, to keep him from triggering his gifts. There was some traces, for sure, but they must have not known where.

He'd arrived in camp a mess and covered in his father's blood. That felt like a long time ago. He'd left camp and returned each time, instead of staying there. He explored. He kept moving and stayed a step ahead of the monsters that craved him. He'd met others like him. Some far more experienced, others on the run with no understanding as to why. He helped who he could, and while doing so realized that monsters took all forms. He'd nearly lost his life helping a group of farmers fend off a neighboring warlord. He'd surmised that it wouldn't be enough to be one person standing up to the raiders, and convinced the people to perform an elaborate ruse to convince the warlord that the entire village were granted plant-controlling abilities at the request of their goddess. While it wasn't planned, the warlord was in such a state of panic, that he accidentally caused his own death, which only strengthened the ruse itself.

While recovering, he was nursed back to health by an older woman. Filled to the brim with food, and picked at for his hand in helping the villagers, she'd finally asked him why he'd do such a thing for people he didn't even know. AJ couldn't answer her at first, but then he'd asked her his own question as an answer. He asked if it was necessary to know a person in order to do the right thing for them. The woman eyed him for a moment, then smiled. She didn't even bother answering. Her silence was answer enough. He returned to camp with a burst of vegetation in his wake and a golden sickle with wheat over his head. He'd been claimed. At that moment everything about his life up to that moment came back to him, and he cried like a big baby.

Fatal Flaw: Willing to put himself on the line for a friend or cause

Faceclaim: Mehcad Brooks

Physical Description:

Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

Amelita

Go ahead and send him to Aiden and/or myself in PM, Writers :)

~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~

Writersblockade

Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

Amelita

Aiden

CurvyKitten

BAH I am working on sheet today! Swear moving totally stole me away! I am soooo sorry for the wait!

Caela

Moving is rough work! Don't feel rushed.

Oxygen

Hey guys!

Thank you, but I'm going to have to withdraw from the game.

Good luck writing!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]

bubby

Amelita

bubby

Quote from: Amelita on August 26, 2016, 07:25:14 AM
Hi bubby ;D

HiHi! I'll have to check back when I get home to see if I can wedge myself in! ;D

Flower

Woot! It's been a while. It would be nice to write together again.

bubby

Quote from: Flower on August 26, 2016, 10:00:11 AM
Woot! It's been a while. It would be nice to write together again.

Hellz yeah!

JamesSureWould

This seems like an awesome game if there are spots still open!

I'd love to apply, though I am having some issues with a good faceclaim. If someone could help me out, I would owe you a thousand appreciations.

Cuchulainn

JamesSureWould

Quote from: Cuchulainn on August 30, 2016, 07:14:45 AM
What do you have in mind?

So the basic idea was a son of Aphrodite whose first exepronce with powers went alittle too good. He ended up having sex with someone that he still feels very guilty about (half sisters, step-mother, teacher, something like that). He didn't know about the powers though, he just thought there was something wrong with him. So he intentionally dempahsizes his attractiveness

Tldr: a guy who looks alittle awkward or uncomfortable in his own skin, but also has the potential to be a major babe.

Flower

There's a lot of potential for character development with that idea. ^_^ Plus, once he's around other Aphrodite kids, he might feel normal for once since they allure might cancel each other out.

JamesSureWould

Quote from: Flower on August 30, 2016, 07:50:26 AM
There's a lot of potential for character development with that idea. ^_^ Plus, once he's around other Aphrodite kids, he might feel normal for once since they allure might cancel each other out.

Mmhmm, alot of very fun ways it could go :)

The only problem has been finding a faceclaim. It's a bit hard to find someone attractive enough that also has a few shots of them looking uncomfortable with their beauty