News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Wandering (NC, Extreme) *RECRUITING*

Started by Lipstick Epitaph, February 21, 2014, 04:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lipstick Epitaph

THE WANDERING
a post-apocalyptic survival story seeking female lead characters.
male side characters welcome

Listen close; you might only ever get to hear this once.  Things are different now. They say it began in the Arctic Ocean, up past the wastes that used to be the Canadian wilds. An oil drilling and refining company discovered what they said to be a new deposit of fossil fuel – the blood of the old world. The international groups made up of the old nations debated feverishly over whether or not extraction should be allowed – but at the end of the day the wild life preservation initiative lost out to the commercial industries. It wasn’t only years later that we found it that it wasn’t oil. The drilling teams had discovered something.  Something that had been there beneath the ocean floor for a long, long time. The old nations leaders masked the discovery and convinced the citizens of their territories that the work being done in the Arctic would mean more comfortable lives for everyone, but they could only hide the truth for so long. The first incident occurred in an area called Toronto, Canada and spread down through the United States of America in a number of days.  It was the first swarm of the Wandering. You’ve fought them.  You’ve seen what they can do, but you might not understand what they really are. Listen close and tell the people that come after you. There aren’t many of us left. The Wandering are a sort of creature that were here a long time before we were. You have probably figured out by now that they get inside you. They get inside your body and they change you. They control the minds and the bodies of men. It’s different for women; something in the chemistry. Sometimes, we can fight it. Sometime we can win. The Lost… they’re not human anymore.  They used to be, but not anymore. You can never get them back, not ever. Not just people – animals too. It’s in the eyes. Look for the eyes. That isn’t the worst. They can change things inside you – breed with anything. There are nests in the old cities where they keep women… Stay away from the cities. I don’t know when or where you’ll be listening to this, but by now there can’t be much left. The soldiers tried to take war to them, but that sort of thing didn’t work. Once we woke them up, they used our sewers and our water. They were everywhere at once. There is no front line. There is no war. Things are different now, but we’re different too.

Stay away from the oil.
Never stop fighting.

The story revolves around four women who travel together, moving from camp to camp, survivor colony to survivor colony, on their way to New York City.

CHARACTER ROLES TO FILL
It often takes an event so extraordinary that many must perish in order to find those few who are extraordinary, themselves.

Lead Story Teller: Lipstick Epitaph
Guest Story Teller: EMPTY

London: Played by Lipstick Epitaph

London is a strong leader and ambitious woman who has taken it upon herself to do more than survive in a world of monsters. She has decided her life to liberating the women kept as breeding stock by The Wandering in the ruins of old New York City. Though she was only in high school when the creatures first appeared, survival in a dangerous world has made her into a resourceful and resilient woman. She has developed strong skills with a variety of firearms and in hand to hand combat. She remains calm while in danger and prefers caution, but is unafraid to take risks for the well being of others.

Paris: OPEN

Paris is a French woman who survives upon the kindness (more often the predictable desires) of strangers. The gorgeous blonde is alive because of her ability to manipulate the emotions of others, and feels no shame (or at least enough to die over) in using the appeal of her body to garner the protection of others and get them to do her fighting for her. She seldom goes hungry or sleeps alone in a group or community. Though frail, she is not entirely without the capacity for violence, but depends upon being in an advantageous position before ever considering violence to get what she wants. She is traveling to NY in order to find her father, the one and only person she can really love.

Vegas: OPEN

Vegas is an American who manages to be alive, despite seeming to have a death wish. The pink haired teenager might not see much to purpose in life, but the good news is that she hates The Wandering more than she hates herself. This girl grew up in The World After, and does not remember that much of the Old World. She gets her thrill from sex and violence, and isn't afraid to dive head long into a situation that often seems like suicide. Vegas is sexually promiscuous and bounces emotionally from obsession to the next. She is traveling to NY because it is believed that there is an un-detonated nuclear warhead in the city. She has been tasked with detonating it.

Charlotte: OPEN

Charlotte is an American country girl who developed strong survival skills at an early age and used those skills to keep herself alive. She grew up on a farm and in the forest, knows how to hunt wild game, set snares and traps, grow food, and find water with more proficiency than many others. Blessed with extraordinarily good eyesight, she keeps and maintains a rifle she inherited from her father, after he was infected by The Wandering, raped her, and she was forced to kill him in order to survive. Charlotte is a romantic at heart, and hopes to find love despite the world she lives in. She is traveling to NY with London because she owes her a debt.

Marconi Drake

Looks like a fun idea. I'd be up for playing any male side characters you might be in need of.

Lipstick Epitaph

Quote from: Marconi Drake on February 21, 2014, 09:17:31 PM
Looks like a fun idea. I'd be up for playing any male side characters you might be in need of.

Thank you for the interest!

persephone325

This is an interesting concept. I might be up for playing one of these characters.

It's outside my norm to play non-Asian characters, as that's what I'm most comfortable playing. But I'll see what I might be able to come up with.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Hollin

Hi there!

I would definitely like to express my interest in joining this idea if it gets started!  The character I'd like to throw my hat in the ring for would be Charlotte.   She seems like a character that suits the roles I like to play (I'm a Southern girl myself, so that's a plus! :) )    I can see her as a bit of a dreamer (lots of time alone on the farm or in the woods while hunting), still a bit scarred from her encounter with her father  Shocked by the twin horrors of both being violated by him, the only man she loved in her life...and as much by having to kill him afterwards.   Not sure if you had an idea for what the debt she owes, but I could see it being that she was saved from being taking to one of the breeding warrens when she had wandered into a city, not truly understanding the extent of the horror that had gripped the world at large.

Just let me know if you'd like more information!  Hope it works out!

Kokaine

I could be interested in the role of Vegas...

What information would you need from me?
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Nymphadora

Sounds very cool.
I'll be keeping an eye out.
Would love the Charlotte character myself but Hollin was first to the punch. ;-)

My take:
I definitely relate to Charlotte the most as a believer in the good and right. She is can live off the land and teach others the same survival skills that kept her going through life. Killing her father was hard, almost as hard as what he did to her, but Charlotte knew she wasn't killing her pop, he was already gone to her as it was. It made her strong and let her know what she was made of was solid, like the earth. I wonder if her debt to London might be that it was London that pulled her father off of her, ended the deed before the worst could happen. But it was Charlotte that put him down.

Second in line again, I'd also be interested in Vegas, I'd rather purple hair though. ;) I can relate to Vegas as well, the sort of freakish, trying to always prove she can do anything attitude. She seems to have a death wish but I think it might mask a strong will to live. She'd never admit it though.

Still kind of noodling with both character concepts.  Really like the whole idea though!!
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

MaiMizzu

Yeah Charlotte was the one I was gonna claim too. But to late lol
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Lipstick Epitaph

I believe we have...

Hollin for Charlotte.
Kokaine for Vegas.

Persephone, Nymph, and MaiMizzu interested, but undecided in terms of character.
You are MORE than welcome to create your own characters.
Shanghai perhaps?

These were all rough archetypes I created.
The obvious theme being that each girl is named for a city.

Kokaine

Awesome ^^

For Vegas I was thinking something like this:

Her hair fluctuates between red and dark pink in her pictures but essentially it changes very little, heh.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

persephone325

I'll make a character from Japan or the surrounding Asian area. Once a character sheet is up, I'll know more.

Maybe name her Shiga, or Mie. Ohh. Miyagi is good, too.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Chreestafer

so what are the restrictions for male characters? as I am very interested :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Lipstick Epitaph

Quote from: Chreestafer on February 27, 2014, 07:59:47 PM
so what are the restrictions for male characters? as I am very interested :)

There will be several male side characters within the story at different points.
Those characters will need players.

They will not be persistent characters that travel with the group, but will come in and out of the story as needed.

Lipstick Epitaph

In terms of a character sheet, I wasn't planning on much of a template for that sort of thing.
I care most about writing style and the story developing as we play.

Details of a characters history can be revealed during the story, rather than given all at once.
Each player can give as much or as little as they please before-hand. There's nothing wrong with some mystery.

Lipstick Epitaph

We have our Charlotte and Vegas.
I believe we are looking at an Asian character?

The only stipulation is that each girl must be named after a city.

Julles

Well, I am just getting back into writing. Most of my characters fluctuate in characteristics and such, so I am a pretty comfortable playing an assortment of different characters. The character of Paris sounds very interesting to me, and I would like to throw my name in the hat to play alongside you wonderful people. :)

Lipstick Epitaph

Quote from: Julles on March 03, 2014, 01:05:44 PM
Well, I am just getting back into writing. Most of my characters fluctuate in characteristics and such, so I am a pretty comfortable playing an assortment of different characters. The character of Paris sounds very interesting to me, and I would like to throw my name in the hat to play alongside you wonderful people. :)

She's all yours!

MomoPeach

This sounds really interesting! I'd like to make my own character since Vegas is taken if that's alright.

Julles

Hazy Sky

Put me down for male side characters. I'm definitely interested by post apocalyptic settings, so these seems very cool so far.
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Dashenka

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Lipstick Epitaph

Quote from: Dashenka on March 10, 2014, 03:57:32 PM
I'm still up for this. If you want me.

Welcome back! You are definitely welcome to join this reboot.

Lipstick Epitaph

Quote from: Julles on March 04, 2014, 03:13:08 PM
Yay! Exciting. :) Quick question, how old are the girls?

I think anything between teenage to late twenties should be fine!

Julles

Quote from: Lipstick Epitaph on March 13, 2014, 06:49:13 PM
I think anything between teenage to late twenties should be fine!

Awesome! Thanks.

Lipstick Epitaph

Quote from: Julles on March 04, 2014, 03:13:08 PM
Yay! Exciting. :) Quick question, how old are the girls?

Oh, to clarify this - Paris is in her early twenties.
Vegas is the only teen-aged character in the cast, at least as of now.