A Band of Brothers of Sorts.. Kinda.

Started by Lirliel, July 26, 2010, 01:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lirliel

Anyway, the title must have caught your attention or you wouldn't have crept into this thread.

What I want to create is this:
A group who knows the Warhammer Fantasy 'universe'
To make a varied band of people of many trades, though all humans, though they may be from Tilea, the Empire or even distant Araby.
This won't be a stat-based game for everyone's information.
And no fear of the gory stuff.

Now the meat of the thing (Yes this will require some of you to know about the whole Universe):

(A bit of an intro part)

A hand reached out, it's fingers still shining with the linger of strength. Hands touched but not made brittle by the test of time, Karl Hoffland stared at the dagger in his hand. "An old gift from an older friend", a voice said that lingered in the air, as always the man had come without warning and without announcing. A darkened figure loosened itself from the room at it seemed to grow colder as it eyed him, clad in black breeches and a fire-blackened vest the man's appearance was frightening enough. "Indeed it is Venico, I require your.. assistance once again", the man's lips split, the beard around them forming outward with the lips. "Indeed", it said, a bit of mirth in it.

Both men discussed long and hard and finally the deal was set, once again a contract was written and Venico carried it into the cold morning. In his pocket a fair bit of gold and a call for men and women of mettle, for Karl Hoffland had something in mind for them. The wizened warrior smiled as he stepped into the tavern and pushed out the call to come to the township of Wurtsbad where a good deal of gold was to be made.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Passionate Ink

Hello Lirliel,

I might be interested in this. Even though I'm not an expert , I'm rather experienced with the Warhammer Fantasy Universe.
I'll definetly keep an eye on this, or two whenever I can spare them  :D
Passionate Ink has requested an indefinite account restriction as of 2 September 2010.

Odin

I Am interested... But what is the plot? I Don't really get it, unless I am missing something.

Lirliel

Plot is to be discussed in game, I don't want to lift the veil to much. Provided, you'll require many a fighter some skill with words and a dose of faith.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Odin

Okay, well, what armies are we looking at? Imperials, Sisters, Space? Or just randoms formed together with their own gear and stuff?

Passionate Ink

Neither I'd assume, since I read something about 'Warhammer Fantasy' and 'Tilea'  ;)
Passionate Ink has requested an indefinite account restriction as of 2 September 2010.

Cal1496

Kinda walked into that one Odin lol

And to the Liriel, totally interested and equipped with plenty of knowledge.  As stated by My Giant ass Rule Book and Codex's for Wood Elves, Dark Elves, High Elves, Chaos, and Bretonnia.

Oh ya, I know how jealous you are of my nerdness ;)

Actually though, this hobby lead me to meeting an insanely beautiful woman who I then bedded.  I say bedded because suddenly I fell the need to talk like that.

Scya

I would be interested, either as a lowranking member of the Amethyst  or the Light order  or if that does not suit the intended playstyle a former ratcatcher.
A&A https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=78650.0

A bit braindead at the moment so please excuse longer wait times then usual.

CmdrRenegade

I'm getting into Warhammer Fantasy and have been reading alot of fluff.  I'd love to be part of this.
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Lirliel

All right ya'll.

I am looking for Fantasy, so no 40k

And while I am looking for a long list of people I'm also looking for people wanting to play as people who could be considered mercenaries or at the very least I don't want people, like mages and the like (though that may come with time) people who should be employed by Dukes/Counts etc.

zothab

I'm interested, with a couple of thoughts.

One, a Bretonnian questing knight who's a bit of a brute.

Two, some sort of pistol toting vivant. Lots of pistols. Possibly a Witch Hunter, but it'd probably be more fun to be from somewhere like Marienburg.

Lirliel

The first I'd definitely allow after all, but he'd better have a good reason to join up.

The second, a pistol toting crazy from Marienburg, yup I'll allow it.