Problem logging in

Started by LilyOfTheGalley, December 01, 2018, 12:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PixelatedPixie

Quote from: PennySludt on January 28, 2020, 09:51:33 AM
Wow! I KNEW my computer had a virus but Norton deep scan kept saying there was nothing. Malwarebytes found over 2,000 things!

It's worth noting that most of what Malwarebytes found is probably tracking cookies and potentially unwanted programs, not viruses.  So more privacy violation issues and increased security risks than traditional viruses.  Not to say you wanted them on your computer, but (generally) not as scary/dangerous.

Vekseid

Quote from: KieraJade on January 30, 2020, 12:52:11 PM
This issue is currently also happening to me.

Lily had a VPN she wasn't using that was still injecting itself in places. I don't know if her problem is fixed, but you can try what I said above and I can look through the logs.

Amaris

Another friend of mine mentioned having this problem on another site. It was only happening on Chrome, though. So I wonder if it's a chrome issue? Like a recent update? She also has a relatively old computer. She tried all the above things.

Vekseid

There are way too many variables at play without knowing the exact errors.

AmberStarfire

I don't know if it's connected, but when I access here (Elliquiy) on my phone, I keep getting certificate warnings.

It says it's valid from tomorrow, rather than from today.

I'm using a really out of date browser on my phone though and it probably needs restarting, which I'll do later. (I'm waiting for a call so need to keep it on).

Vekseid

Can you install something more modern like Dolphin or Firefox?

Is your phone's clock set correctly?

AmberStarfire

I could, yeah.

I think I found the problem. I'd been in Australia and I had the timezone still set incorrectly (but the time itself was correct).