Skull & Shackles: Pirates of the Skies [Pathfinder | Now closed]

Started by Heady Dionysus, November 29, 2017, 02:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eBadger

I'll have a character up tonight.  The Odessey is impacting the Little Mermaid in a quirky way inside my head. 

Muse

She's sexy. 

It does look like no one has aplied with a rogue or other trap-springer? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Heady Dionysus

Also to note, Background skills are permissible (a thank you to Muse for reminding me)
Discord ID: Heady Dionysus#8726

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Daril on November 30, 2017, 11:38:22 AM
I'm interested, though I'm not that familiar with the setting.  I was thinking of trying to come up with a roguish "robin hood priestess" sort of character, but it looks like you already have a cleric.

Nothing wrong stacking up, as domains and archtype picks (and feat picks) create diversity between clerics. Or pick another divine class like warpriest or oracle. But as Muse said; she looks pretty/sexy :)

Quote from: Heady Dionysus on November 30, 2017, 01:05:42 PM
Also to note, Background skills are permissible (a thank you to Muse for reminding me)

Yay! Saves some points :)

Ixy

Hi... I'm messing around with an Aquatic elf rogue with a vengeance backstory. Not completely satisfied with it and might try some other ideas first. Do you have a cutoff date?

Kathyan

Name: Shanna Goldenbrook / Sharrihe character sheet in progress
Sex: Female

Race: Skinwalker (Seascarred)
Class: Vigilante
Alignment: social NG / vigilante CN

Background:
Born to a merchant that brought his good overseas the details of Shanna's born had been kept a mystery to her by her parents, thing like know she was conceited or that she had been on the sea where subjects unknown to her and she didn't know that she was not a human most of her life or why would she would feel more confortable at sea than and on land nor why the fish seemed to do whatever she wanted whenever she sailed but she did know there was something different in her.

It came so suddenly that she couldn't just believe, one day just out of nothing she was all alone on the deck looking at her reflection on the sea when she noticed a menacing shark looking at her. Scared as she was something else got her attention and prevented her from fleeing, this shark was wearing clothes and not just any clothes but ones that looked exactly like hers...It was then that she looked at herself and realized that she had been looking at her own reflection. How could this be, was this why her parents never spoke about her early childhood? She run to speak with them and they told her the truth or at least part of it, the part they knew, that she had marked for a greater destiny by the goddess of the sea. They hadn't told her because they hoped this would never come to be truth and because they wanted to protect themselves from whatever it could mean.

Wanting to find out more about what she had been told but also with the desire to keep her parents safe Shanna decided that she wouldn't let anyone find out about this and developed a secret identity.

Personality:
Shanna is a curious but shy girl who wants to find out about her destiny, abandoning her home and rather comfortable way of living she told her parents not to worry about her and and in order to protect her parents from whatever she could do she decided to develop a secret identity. She isn't too smart but still managed to learn several useful things that would be helpful to her, she was always watching how her father's men were sailing and, being a little of a voyeur, liked to sneak unnoticed into the cargo where her desire to know its contents lead her to learn how to bypass its locks. She does prefer to avoid trouble though and to that end she would always do what she is told though it seems she always getting into trouble anyway.

On the contrary her other persona, Sharrihe is strong headed and rebellious and likes to do whatever she pleases. She likes taking a direct approach at problems but also loves messing up with people and fooling them out either making them uneasy by showing them her teeth (quite literally when she is in her hybrid shark form) or by teasing them out be it a regular maid in a bar or the hardiest of the sailors. Not demure at all she also likes to drink and eat without moderation and is pretty confident in her abilities and is not afraid to go through with whatever happens to her.

Will finish my character sheet later

Vergil Tanner

Huh. Not many men being pitched. Will we be having the Femme Fatale Pirate Group? :P
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Revelation

I think Chula is making a guy, but otherwise the only other males are Zaer and myself as far as applicants go.

kingmaster1

Vergil Tanner

Oh, Ari is bisexual. She doesn't mind being on a crew of sexy women :P

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

kingmaster1

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on November 30, 2017, 08:27:37 PM
Oh, Ari is bisexual. She doesn't mind being on a crew of sexy women :P

Tiddies galore

Plus Camilla is quite the shortstack :-P

Ixy

Wow, I haven't played a male character in a while. As much as I adore a good primarily-lesbian romp, I might enjoy playing a pansexual guy, if no one objects.  I should have a proposed draft tonight.

Chulanowa

Looking at my dude options, i'unno, might just go either way, with someone who would go either way  ;D

All i know right now is that I don't wanna make a rogue or a bard. 'Cause i always make those things!

Vergil Tanner

How about a Skald? Basically a Viking Bard. Come on! Our pirate crew NEEDS a Heavy Metal Bard! :P

kingmaster1

Chulanowa

Ziether

I'm considering throwing my name in the hat. I'm not the least experienced player, but have never played anywhere a PG-13 rating wasn't enforced.

I would like any feedback on the idea of a character that is highly sexually inexperienced/clueless. I'm thinking male. Class/role undetermined as of yet, as I am comfortable with about anything other than hard arcane spellcasters. I would enjoy writing from the perspective of entirely new experiences for the character in the event of arriving upon adult content.

I'll look over the other character applications and work up something I think might be complementary if it seems like an acceptable idea.

Thank you in advance!
Under Emergency Maintenance

Vergil Tanner

Vergil Tanner

I've always loved Skalds. They're part Barbarian and part Bard, and they're always great fun to play. Hell, one of the best Skald Guides is literally called "How To Be Metal." xD

Saric

Is this still recruiting? And, if so, what do you have so far? I can play basically any role in some fashion.

On that note are Psionics allowed? I've got that book but haven't gotten to try any of the classes out yet! :P
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

eBadger

Chulanowa

Quote from: Saric on November 30, 2017, 10:29:59 PM
Is this still recruiting? And, if so, what do you have so far? I can play basically any role in some fashion.

On that note are Psionics allowed? I've got that book but haven't gotten to try any of the classes out yet! :P

DM says only Paizo-published stuff, so no DSP Psionics. However, there are the psychic things out of pathfinder's "Occult Adventures" book, so maybe that works!

Ziether

Name: Garren Bladreg
Age/Gender/Race: 63 (barely adult)/Male/Tiefling (Demon-Spawn variant heritage)
Class/Level: Bloodrager 1 (Abyssal bloodline)
Concept: Orphaned Innocent Fortune Seeker
Personality:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Garren is a fairly friendly young man, and will seek to ingratiate himself into any group. His words are honeyed, yet sincere, and he will talk a person's ears off given the chance. He is loyal to those who show themselves as allies, but can become very bitter towards anyone who gives him disdainful looks or worse. He is obsessed with women, and has a passing fancy for feminine men, but wouldn't know where to start on acting on it. Despite his knowledge that his anger gives him great strength, Garren is terrified of hurting people he cares about when lost to the call of his blood.

Garren has a strong stomach for blood, but cannot abide cruelty. A clean death is expected, and drawing out the killing blow or torturing a victim is unforgivable to him. Garren has great respect for his elders, whether truly older than him or simply those with demonstrable wisdom, and he goes to great lengths to show that honor to them.

PC's casual Ons: Freedom, financial stability, adventure
PC's casual Offs: Brutality, undue restrictions, racism
PC's sexual Ons: Well, getting some. He has only experienced masturbation.
PC's sexual Offs: He doesn't have any yet.
Background:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
The life of those whose blood is touched by the children of Hell or the Abyss is doomed to be difficult under normal circumstances, and Garren’s childhood was no different. Nobody knew who his father was, and that was honestly the most likely avenue for the tainted blood to enter the Kellid tribe into which the boy was born in southern Numeria. His mother was disfigured by the childbirth but survived, at least long enough to feed the child until he could be weaned. The very act of cutting off the infant’s access to his mother’s teats was responsible for manifesting his additional heritage, as deadly claws sprouted from his fingertips in a fit of utter rage. The baby could barely crawl, but in that moment of fury was able to rend his mother’s body from neck to the juncture of her thighs, flaying sections of her abdomen and turning the entire tent into a pool of blood. It took twelve hours to calm baby Garren sufficiently to remove him from his grip on the corpse.

The intervening decades of development managed to pass without Garren slaughtering any more of his tribesmen, although there were injuries every few years at the boy’s claws. He grew large and strong, although in normal situations he had no undue lust for blood. Only when roused to anger would he fly off the handle and swing his claws at whoever had managed to earn his ire. He learned the ways of the tribe and joined the raiding parties that took down Technic League enforcement teams roaming the landscape or Taldane caravans loaded with supplies. It wasn’t stealing in his mind, merely the only way his people knew to survive. That he killed others held no power over his conscience, as long as he did not slay one of his kin by accident. Garren learned skill at arms, and swathed his body in stolen steel, as by the time he began puberty he was the size of the average grown Kellid.

Puberty was quite the issue, however. Garren’s status as having been touched by the lower planes held no influence over his membership in the tribe. His strength and pleasant disposition were valuable, after all. What was an issue, however, was the potential for him to pass on his taint to future generations. As such he was forbidden from copulating with the females of the tribe, and was also forbidden from learning how to do so. He was not completely unaware, but without any demonstrations, he knew that any attempts would be fumbling at best.

Garren knew that his life among the Kellid barbarians was doomed to be unfulfilling, and as such he took his leave before reaching full manhood. With nothing more than preserved food, a few weapons, and his armor, Garren struck south and west across Avistan to seek his fortune. Skirting the orcish Holds of Belkzen, he eventually found his way to port. Without any formal training as a sailor, he was forced to fall back on his strength and blades. The call of piracy was strong, and Garren held no moral objection to the practice. Learning the proper discipline to respect his captain despite that captain lacking the proper bloodlines of leadership would be difficult, but Garren fully believed that a few years at sea would be perfect for him, and teach him much that his life in Numeria denied him.
Under Emergency Maintenance

Vergil Tanner

Saric

Quote from: Chulanowa on November 30, 2017, 10:31:21 PM
DM says only Paizo-published stuff, so no DSP Psionics. However, there are the psychic things out of pathfinder's "Occult Adventures" book, so maybe that works!

Didn't actually notice it was by DreamScared Press and not Paizo. Never mind the pisonics thing then. :P
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)