Exalted freeform (closed to new interest)

Started by Guancyto, November 02, 2017, 11:37:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re Z L

I left Lotus's timeline relatively vague, she could have been in Wu-Jian for a while now.  Mostly she'll probably be keeping to herself while trying to enforce some kind of rule of law in the slums.

Her "hook" into the adventure will probably be trying to help keep the Silver-Haired girls hidden away, either by hiding them herself or confronting would-be hunters.

She'll likely frequent various bars/pawn shops/less friendly places to maintain contacts amongst the less vicious of criminals.  It's possible she might run into people that way.
A&A

HairyHeretic

Hey Andy, you good with both of us playing Night caste then? I can switch to another character if you think it might cause issues.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

AndyZ

We'll give it a shot ^_^ Hopefully it won't be a big deal.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

HairyHeretic

Looking over the characters, I may shift to Isbjorn anyway. It looks like we have enough nefarious types around as it is :)

Besides, it'd be fun to carry on like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCw_aAS7vWI

though since we are going freeform, I did always want to work up an Exalted gunkata type, though with essence projection weaponry rather than firedust. Those bracers might fit the bill, and would combine well with a brawl focus.

Hmm ....

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Guancyto

I will mention that having a whole pile of sneaks, thieves and ne'er-do-wells is something I'm super okay with. It means that the majority of problems to be solved can and will be resolved sneakily (in fact, sneaking only gets more effective as a strategy the more people can do it).

In fact the biggest problem with it is that there's one member that's not a sneak, thief or... well she's definitely a ne'er-do-well. Gabrielle doesn't mind being a big, flashy distraction, right? I guess Yang But A Man And With Laser Fists could also fit the bill, admittedly.

HairyHeretic

Having multiple options on how to handle things is always useful though.

Also, Heaven's Thunder Hammer looks too much fun not to use ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnDTU362bmY

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Guancyto on November 30, 2017, 11:25:20 PM
I will mention that having a whole pile of sneaks, thieves and ne'er-do-wells is something I'm super okay with. It means that the majority of problems to be solved can and will be resolved sneakily (in fact, sneaking only gets more effective as a strategy the more people can do it).

In fact the biggest problem with it is that there's one member that's not a sneak, thief or... well she's definitely a ne'er-do-well. Gabrielle doesn't mind being a big, flashy distraction, right? I guess Yang But A Man And With Laser Fists could also fit the bill, admittedly.

Man, you know that's what I play best. Big, loud distraction that takes hits and causes lots of chaos.

I will confirm, Heaven Thunder Hammer is one of the best martial arts charms. When you need to beat a motherfucker by punching him into another motherfucker.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

HairyHeretic

A Scion game I played years ago, I ended up beating a Minotaur down with another Minotaur  ;D

Technically the weapon the Minotaur was holding was doing the damage, but I was wielding the Minotaur, so it counts ;)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ShadowFox89

Would anyone be interested in doing some pre-game scenes to get character relationships established? Some quick, one to two scene stuff where we can nail down character quirks and how they interact.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

HairyHeretic

Sure, but I need to sort out a revised character sheet first, so to speak.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Guancyto

Wanted to note something about Wu-Jian and the 'plot,' such as it is.

An outsider would assume that specifically targeting silver-haired women wouldn't actually be a huge deal, even if the price were exorbitant. There really aren't many such people! But that would be missing a huge element.

That element being Grandmas.

One of the most stabilizing factors in the poor sectors of Wu-Jian is Grandmas. Dad and Uncle might be rotting in a prison or dead somewhere, but Grandma is there to look after the teahouse and keep the kiddos in line. Mom and Cousin might enjoy the same respect from kiddos as the dogs on the street, but you ignore Grandma at your peril. It's not a formal arrangement like the Tengese or Realm Matriarchs but they are, in very practical terms, the rock on which Jian society is based.

(And since this is a wuxia movie about a downtrodden people, badass old ladies are basically standard; they are landladies and ganglords as well.)

Yes, the bounty is for naturally silver hair, but when seventy years old you reach, who will remember what color your hair was? Your own social circle, yes, but certainly not a bunch of punk-ass kids looking for a way out of Wu-Jian. And if you're powerful people will be more hesitant to try and take you on, but at the same time the powerful always have enemies, and suddenly it gets really easy to recruit for a war against you because everybody's figuring on getting rich if you fall.

Won't somebody save the Grandmas?

Premier

As a kind of Grandmother (Don't ask about her family tree you'll be there all day), Fires is totally down for saving the badass Grannies.

AndyZ

Gonna admit I didn't think of the grandmas, but I'm sure Judgment has saved a few.

Maybe one of them baked Judgment a pie as a reward.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

HairyHeretic

Id just like to draw everyone's attention to Sir PTerry's Rule 1

"Do not act incautiously when confronting little bald wrinkly smiling men!"

Also applies to little old ladies too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5lanjFi6qo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbRfv4YksK0

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Guancyto

OOC thread is up!

IC thread is not yet because we still got some things to hash out! It will be posted either when I get impatient (and then people can join in a timeframe that suits them) or when everyone's good to go.

Probably the former if I'm even the slightest bit honest.