My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Started by Kunoichi, April 10, 2011, 08:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunoichi

So, regarding the recent new episode...

Zap Apples.  Awesome fruit, or Awesomest fruit?

sinfultictac

I know this sounds like an over thinker type of thing to think about but here it goes:
Celestia is their Queen but also their Goddess. Which means she rules not only through Political power but from religious power as well. Meaning that all of the Ponies live in a Direct theocracy. Basically the only example would be like living in country directly ruled by your deity of choice.
I am not sure if this is frighting or interesting.
This place marker is holding this place for a better sig

Sabby

This being MLP, if another divine being were to come along, with proven ability, equally as important as Celestia's (she runs the day side of things, right?) then I'd expect there to be reform to accommodate multiple deity's. Unless of course they wear black and have emotions, in which case, they get imprisoned on the moon for not liking their eternally shit job. 

Chris Brady

What do you think Princess Luna is, Sabby?  She rules the Night.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Sabby

And only Celestia has a throne? If so, fucking Theocracy xD why does it work?

Chris Brady

She has a throne during the day.  Who do you think has it during the night?

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Sabby

I'm aware of this :P Sinfultictac asked if the rulers being divine made this a Theocracy. I'm saying it wouldn't be if the ones in power accepted and made room for other such deities.

Chris Brady

As long as it's kept in the family why wouldn't it be?

And I can't believe I'm having this conversation over a girl's show!

Kunoichi

Actually, I'm reasonably sure that Celestia and Luna aren't worshiped as goddesses in Equestria.  They're merely well-liked, immortal rulers with incredible power.

Anyway, time for a funny video!

Ponies what are British

Sabby

GO GO POWER PONIES!

Power Hooves, eeyah!

Kunoichi

And this week on My Little Pony, we get a brief look into the intricacies of pony genetics, followed by an episode about babysitting.

Zeitgeist

I saw this today and it made me think of this thread I had perused briefly. Enjoy!

http://girls-gone-geek.com/2010/10/15/ponies-superheroes-delight/

I was especially fond of 'My Little Slave Princess'

Kunoichi

Huh.  So that's what happens when you break a Pinkie Pie promise.

Also, Derpy Hooves got some actual lines this episode! ;D

Edit:

Chris Brady

Another Female Pony?  And 'Derpy Hooves'??

Kunoichi

Yep, Derpy Hooves.  A background pony who wound up becoming bizarrely popular on the internet.

Kunoichi

And the moral of this weeks episode is...

Elkay

I'm looking at that picture of Applejack, and I can't help but wonder how she managed to write that so neatly.

Kunoichi

Lots of practice, probably. ^^ She does help run her family business, after all.

Of course, perhaps more entertaining is Celestia's reaction to receiving such a letter...

Celestia receives Applejacks letter.

Alysanthia

Yay Derpy!

Now if only Doctor Whooves could get some more screen time... x3

Kunoichi

Well, he did handle the hourglass during the cider-making competition in the most recent episode.  Maybe we'll see him again in a future episode...

Sabby

He's probably doing what Time Lords tend to do... using their incredible ability to go to any place in any time, and always ending up in friggen Britain.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Kunoichi on January 31, 2012, 02:57:16 AM
Well, he did handle the hourglass during the cider-making competition in the most recent episode.  Maybe we'll see him again in a future episode...
So he was handling the time, eh?

Alysanthia

Kunoichi

Oh yes, very nice. ^^

And it looks like CR over on That Guy with the Glasses has done a review of the most recent episode...

Chris Brady