Deviations: The Outbreak (Superhero Semi-freeform) (Recruiting OPEN - 1/24/13)

Started by Adonis, November 02, 2013, 02:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adonis

MightofAMouse, I have no issues whatsoever with him :) Go ahead and move him over and say hello in the OOC!
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

Mister Grimm

@Aiden: in response to what Adonis said, you have an open center tag that you forgot to close around where the image is and just before where you have the header Character centered.
I've got all the things I need. It's the nature of my breed.
I'm independent, s m o o t h and confident.
Always in command with a graceful element and a tasteful compliment.
Do you know who I am?
I'm a deadly handsome man.

Benen

hey adonis.. still working my guy out, I am interested.. just been busy trying to write out the sheet.

Adonis

You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's

Kokaine

If anyone coming in wants a connection I have a girlie - Sinara - who'd be open to some whether its setting up history or plotting future run ins. Won't lie, her romantic history (and present and future) is pretty wide open too :/

/shameless pimpin' 8-)
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Aiden

I know you and Loves have characters who work for the press.

Maybe its not a huge story (considering what is going on plot wise)

But the story of John Doe will develop into quite a scandal when the origins of him start to surface. (Discussed it with Adonis)

Aiden

Quote from: Mister Grimm on November 28, 2013, 08:34:33 AM
@Aiden: in response to what Adonis said, you have an open center tag that you forgot to close around where the image is and just before where you have the header Character centered.

And thanks!

Amelita

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

kckolbe

Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Adonis

O/O's

kckolbe

Character:
Name: William Holden
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Sex: Male
Relationship Status: Single, but seeking a relationship with Cinnamon
Previous (Or current) Profession:

Appearance:

Hair: Brown
Eyes: Hazel
Skin: White
Weight: 185
Height: 6'1"
Other:

Information:

Personality: William is an irritable man.  Some of that is due to him not being able to get what he wants (though some desires are more feasible than others) and some the result of his new symptoms.  Also, his rebellious tendencies have only strengthened given his new situation.

Background: William's parents divorced at a young age.  Aside from that, he had a fairly charmed upbringing.  Things were pretty quiet until his mom decided to remarry when he was 15, and William found himself with two unwanted step-sisters.  The new middle child had been quiet enough, but the youngest (Alana Peterson-played by RampantDesires) had been a pain, the kind that never seemed out of energy.  Given the difference in age, he was temporarily rid of the whole bunch after a couple of years when a scholarship meant four years away at college, where he majored in political science.

Upon coming back from college (about six years ago), he noticed that Alana had developed impressively well, and her bouncy, energetic nature and frequent affection became a lot more welcome.  He started fantasizing about sharing other types of affection with her, and very cautiously tried testing the waters a couple of times.  While she didn't seem to pick up on what he was looking for, she also didn't seem interested in becoming a little closer.

About two years ago, William started seeing a girl named Cinnamon (played by Imogen).  Their relationship started off well enough...very well, in fact.  Unfortunately, he soon learned that he wasn't the only one with such a relationship with her.  Over time, they've become a little closer, and he believes that he is the only significant relationship in her life, but she has not yet agreed to settle down with him. 

The vaccine was fairly uneventful at first.  He hadn't cared either way about receiving it.  On Saturday morning he noticed his new symptom, and he has since been unsure how to proceed from now on.  He doesn't want to give up this new ability, but he knows he can't remain a government employee for long and keep it a secret.

Symptoms: SL-1 Telekinesis.  He is able to throw a small parking lot's worth of cars at an opponent, provided they have "matchbox" written on them.

Hobbies and Interests: William is fond of sudoku, a daily habit he used to maintain to keep his mind sharp, though since his vaccine, he mainly does while manipulating the pencil telekinetically to improve his concentration as well.  He also enjoys screwing with the police by assaulting them with debris, though he makes a point to be careful about it.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Emmykins

Character:
Name: Poppy Evans
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Sex: F
Relationship Status: Single
Previous (Or current) Profession: Boxer, Circus Performer - Knife Throwing

Appearance:

Hair: Black
Eyes:Green
Skin:White, pale.
Weight: 129lbs
Height:5'4
Other: Plenty of scars, a very interesting tattoo involving tally marks on her thigh, septum piercing (normally kept flipped up and hidden.)

Information:

Personality: Poppy is about as British as someone could be, down to her choice of slang. Extremely crass and often mistaken as rude, Poppy is unapologetic in the vast majority of her interactions with other people, including her friends when stressed or agitated. Though she angers easy, she is slow to go past verbal confrontation, and is actually extremely patient, preferring to taunt her opponents into recklessness and use it against them. Even though she is an extremely resilient, stubborn, and sometimes cold person, she is quick to right her mistakes and takes amazing care of her friends. A beautiful monster, to put it eloquently.

Background: Raised in the poverty - stricken area of London, England, Poppy learned extremely quickly to rely only on herself. As things in her large, struggling family deteriorated, Poppy surged forward in life, suppressing and trampling the issues that directly affected her or her younger siblings underfoot. Dropping out of school as she neared highschool, Poppy took to working to build a life for her two sisters and brothers. Picking up work at a circus as an assistant, Poppy quickly discovered her innate ability of amazing accuracy - easily throwing well balanced knives a moderate distance with astonishing results. She also discovered that should could take an immense, brutal beating and still win the fight, never even knowing what she was doing. Eventually, the circus moved, and Poppy stayed with her siblings, now all in school.

Nearing her twenties, she recieved a call from the man who originally hired her. He put her in contact with a local man starting an illegal boxing ring, and having seen her after the punishment she had taken, he knew she should be involved. Barely feeding everyone working as a waiter at the time, she accepted the first fight simply for the upfront payment of 300 pounds, and the bonus gave her a goal. Hope, actually, and that was all she needed. She quit her job and borrowed money from dangerous men, promising to win the fight and triple their money for an immediate loan. They accepted, and she trained day on, and day off, until the fight. By the time she stepped into the ring, she was only a little more competent - but she was driven, cocky, and viciously sharped tongue, which she developed from defending herself and the rest of her family.

Taunting and dodging the much, much larger man - who was also the crowd favorite by crushing odds - she quickly tired him out. As his chest rose and fall in great heaves, her breathing remained highly controlled, only a slight sweat having started. Not long after that she had won; the cheering crowd silenced and in complete shock. The referee called for medical help, and Poppy collected her huge bonus and left, agreeing to continue. Having only been a few times during the fight, she returned home, unscathed.

That was the last time Poppy came home unharmed; as her manager pressured her into tougher and more brutal matches. As her siblings grew old enough to go out on their own, and she had taught them as much as she could, she gave them an immense amount of money and put them on a train. That night she participated in a fight against two men at the same time. Five years experience later, Poppy accidentially kills one of the two men, sending the other into a frothing rage she barely survives. Collecting her money and stumbling home, hardly able to see, she fled, knowing that was supposed to be her last fight.

Symptoms: SL1 - Endurance

Hobbies and Interests: Boxing, knives, drinking, sticking up for people, taken' the piss outta' people, watching T.V., working out, running, roughhousing, helping the destitute, dogs, circuses, saying the wrong thing, and a bunch of other things she'll never admit to enjoying.

OOC Ons and Offs: They're in my RP preferences, and there's a few notes on the link in my signature, too.

Adonis

Kc - The only issue I have with this sheet that needs to be changed is the last paragraph.

"The vaccine was fairly uneventful at first.  He didn't notice any symptoms, even once significant numbers started coming in.  Unsurprisingly, the mayor decided to take a hard line against those displaying them, and it was shortly after that decision that William noticed his own powers.  The decision was a pretty easy one.  He cleaned out the money in petty cash, stole some things from the mayor's office that could be easily pawned, and is now making his way a little differently."

The mayor has no knowledge in what is going on, nor any say in the matter. He is a non-entity for all intents and purposes.

Mouse, go ahead and move ol' poppy over for me into the correct thread, and enjoy!
O/O's

kckolbe

Intro Thread

AidenWhite

I have to say, it's been a while since an RP interested me to this point.

Mind if I toss my hat into the fray?

My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

Adonis

Kc, go ahead and move him over!

AidenWhite, youre more than welcome to submit a character :)
O/O's

Saric

Okay, I'm interested but have many questions...

First: Are the powers listed on the first page the only ones available or would you be open to more?

Second:(Note: Only applicable if the answer to the first question is 'yes'.) You warned against ripping off known superheros, would you mind if I ripped off the powers of, say, a webcomic or anime character that wouldn't be that well known and wouldn't necessarily be used in the same ways?

Third: Is active control a necessary aspect or could the power be triggered by instinct? Or even be controlled by a separate personality altogether? (Possibly two personalities struggling for control over the body or power so that only rarely is one in control of both, but often forced to work together for the sake of survival. Could also simply be a second personality controls the power but doesn't mind being a passenger, maybe even likes the dominate personality. Could even be closer to 'normal' schizophrenia in that the personalities are not both active at once and may be very different... possibly even in what powers they wield.)

Forth: Reactions have been listed for powers used innocently, aggressively, or damagingly. What kind of response would an actively beneficial activity evoke? Such as saving someone from a burning building or stopping a bank robbery without harm to the hostages inside? What about attempts to 'spread the word', such as anonymously posted video or walking up to a news reporter and doing something impossible on camera? Some times the best defense against a quiet disappearance is to become too public to disappear.

That's all for now but I look forward to your responses and further discussion. *bows*
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Adonis

Quote from: Saric on December 01, 2013, 03:26:13 AM
Okay, I'm interested but have many questions...

First: Are the powers listed on the first page the only ones available or would you be open to more?

Second:(Note: Only applicable if the answer to the first question is 'yes'.) You warned against ripping off known superheros, would you mind if I ripped off the powers of, say, a webcomic or anime character that wouldn't be that well known and wouldn't necessarily be used in the same ways?

Third: Is active control a necessary aspect or could the power be triggered by instinct? Or even be controlled by a separate personality altogether? (Possibly two personalities struggling for control over the body or power so that only rarely is one in control of both, but often forced to work together for the sake of survival. Could also simply be a second personality controls the power but doesn't mind being a passenger, maybe even likes the dominate personality. Could even be closer to 'normal' schizophrenia in that the personalities are not both active at once and may be very different... possibly even in what powers they wield.)

Forth: Reactions have been listed for powers used innocently, aggressively, or damagingly. What kind of response would an actively beneficial activity evoke? Such as saving someone from a burning building or stopping a bank robbery without harm to the hostages inside? What about attempts to 'spread the word', such as anonymously posted video or walking up to a news reporter and doing something impossible on camera? Some times the best defense against a quiet disappearance is to become too public to disappear.

That's all for now but I look forward to your responses and further discussion. *bows*

The only symptoms that I am allowing for the moment are those that have been listed already. Active control isn't a necessity, no. Beneficial power usage would be defined under the "innocent" category for the most part. Attempts to spread the word would be met with the same consequences, no matter how large the action.
O/O's

Saric

Quote from: Adonis on December 01, 2013, 03:38:20 AM
The only symptoms that I am allowing for the moment are those that have been listed already. Active control isn't a necessity, no. Beneficial power usage would be defined under the "innocent" category for the most part. Attempts to spread the word would be met with the same consequences, no matter how large the action.

Thank you for responding so promptly. However I do still have some questions.

I must request further elaboration with regards the the 'active control' question, specifically your stance on the various examples given.

Also you mentioned the Symptoms beginning generalized, then getting more specific as they level. Could they become specialized in different ways then listed? What about inversion? (For example a Fire symptom user becoming able to freeze things?)
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Adonis

If it is an intended action, then it is an active control. It's not quite as hard as its being made out to be. The symptom paths listed are the ones that will be followed.
O/O's

BadForm

Character:

Name: Obediah Fenn
Ethnicity: White
Previous (Or current) Profession: Freelance hitman and torturer

Appearance:

Eyes: Green
Skin: Average
Weight: Light
Height: 5'11
Other: (physical defects/mutations, overall appearance): none

Information:

Personality:
Obediah is vicious, but far too smart to be a brute. Rather he is a sinister torturer and killer, loving nothing more than the look of terrified agony on his victims' faces as he looks for the thing that will cause them most grief. He never really feels loyal to anyone, seeing in all the potential for his rather unique brand of entertainment, but he is attracted to those who offer him the greatest opportunity for causing such pain. He hides his crimes, buf only in the most twisted way is this a survival instinct. Obediah figures he will be killed one day and he's fine with it, he is merely a hedonist who wants his pleasure to last as long as possible.

Background: [Three good paragraphs]
Obediah was always a violent boy, but never a mindless thug. He had far too much intelligence to attack people where he would be heard or seen, preferring to get them alone somewhere he could let his true self out to play. He killed for fun at the first time at age 8. Although initially merely beating on people was enough for him, he soon developed a taste for actual torture before death and has used rape, skinning and many other methods to improve his fun,

Over time, he became known to certain people who could use his talents and were willing to pay Obediah to kill for them. Some claimed to be mob related, some government related, some merely rich women who'd bern beaten by their husbands. Most of the time he doubted their stories, but so long as they were willing to pay him to do what he loved he really didn't care. For those who didn't pay... Well, there were ways to deal with that.

Obediah has built his other skills to support his lust for torture: research and investigation, knowledge of anatomy, physiology and victim psychology, knowledge of poisons and corrosives, etc. He has even paid his way through a double-masters in law and forensics. His skills have made him quite wealthy, although this has been faked as gambling, innocent work and gambling income and he quite loyally pays his taxes to keep below the radar. Many of his kills these days occur at a couple of private locations he has that are equipped with torture equipment, acids and even fairly small mills to grind bones. In short, this is not a nice man.

Symptoms:
(Randomly selected... Roll for category = 5, shapeshifting. Roll for symptom = 3, reptilian): Shapeshift to small reptiles

Hobbies and Interests:
All things that support his fetishistic love of torture from acting (to con) to law to history and psychology. An obsessive hedonist, if it supports his addiction he wants it and if mot he avoids it.

OOC Ons and Offs: what's an off?
[/quote]
Absences thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=202963.msg9924174#msg9924174

-----

Think you know your movies? How about their dialogue? Try the following silly movie caption thread:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200349.0

Adonis

O/O's

Spoons

Character:

Name: Derek Dinham
Previous (Or current) Profession : Theif, Heistman, Bankrobber, and Drug Dealer

Appearance:

Eyes: Blue
Skin: Light Tan
Weight: 175
Height: 6’2”
Other: A knife scar across his left pectoral

Information:

Personality: Derek is ambitious, smart, and scheming. Outwardly he seems charming and gentle, but his mind is always thinking of how he can profit from situations.

Background:

Derek Dinham was a 4.0 GPA student. Things always came easy to him in life. When he was in highschool he had no problem acing tests, getting girls, and being the popular kid. He scored high on his SAT and ACT. He was accepted into every college he applied for – but the man wanted more. Always a thrill seeker he decided that college was not the life for him.

Derek moved to Glenside under the pretense that he was going to school and do some internship. That’s what he told his parents, anyways. Derek believed that living life by the letter was far to easy. He wanted adventure and challenge. His moved to Glenside was to get far away from his parents so he could start his life as a common criminal – and slowly develop into something more. Atleast, that was the hope.

It is Derek’s farm belief that criminals in general are stupid. He believes that crime is easy, it just takes an intelligent mind behind it to make it work. His time in Glenside is devoted to the “highlife.” He lives in a large condo in downtown, bought from a few successful robberies. So far he has avoided being caught – just as he thought he would.

Symptoms: SL 1 - Darkness

Hobbies and Interests: Girls, Money, Cars, Clubs

OOC Ons and Offs: Most anything goes. Derek nor I like to submit, though! Scat/watersports are usually a no… Better be a good reason if we’re going to include it. Mostly story/character development driven.

Looking for CONNECTIONS in Deviations! Here are a list of my ideas!

kckolbe

Intro Thread

AidenWhite

Character:
Name: Thomas Walker
Relationship Status: Just broke up with his long time girlfriend; Single
Previous (Or current) Profession: College drop-out; works at a diner waiting tables

Appearance:

Hair: Brown
Eyes: Green
Skin: White, slightly tan
Weight: 160
Height: 5'9''
Other: None

Information:

Personality: Thomas, or Tommy, is a kid who always had big expectations but always failed to meet them. He had no passion to follow what his rich parents had in store for him so instead he mainly stuck to the streets and made friends and connections with the wrong people. Tommy is resourceful, cunning, and flexible. It is usually his sudden inventions that get his group of delinquents out of trouble. Due to his rich upbringing, he knows how to compose himself in the presence of other people. He is extremely charismatic and uses that to his advantage.

Background:
Tommy was born to a family with a rich background dating all the way back to the Industrial Revolution. Needless to say, his family was loaded with more money than anyone could imagine. His older brothers and sisters didn't mind and embraced all this money but Tommy had a different attitude towards this. He wanted to form his own path and find his own kind of fun, not the kind of fun that his parents had in mind for him. His parents wished Tommy to be like his older brother Charles, a rising patron who was always attending charities and lying to people for the sake of their family. Tommy had no passion for this.

Tommy broke bad and traveled around with a group of delinquents who were always getting themselves into trouble. As a result, he often dealt with the underground and made connections with the baddest of the bad. However, he didn't want to delve into drug dealing and crimes like bank robbing or just stealing in general, so he got a job as a waiter despite his parents reproaching. It was here he met a girl, Amanda, who would change his life for the better.

This whole situation was going well for Tommy until one day he needed to break his friends out of jail for a crime they did. He came up with an idea that involved manipulation of the jail schedule. For every invention or idea Tommy came up with, he leave his signature, a personal touch that showed that he conquered the area. It was an attempt to show superiority but also pride in what he had accomplished. Amanda had noticed these signatures eventually, became disgusted with Tommy, and left him. It seems she was only interested in his money. At the time he was also going to college, but he dropped out and moved out on his own in the city.

Symptoms:
SL 1- Darkness

Hobbies and Interests: Women, elaborate schemes, animals, living life to the fullest

OOC Ons and Offs: Just PM
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.