Blackwell Manor ☪ School for the Paranormal ☪ Interest and Recruiting!

Started by AliceInLace, June 21, 2015, 11:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Mellific

Quote from: Crash on July 24, 2015, 04:02:40 PM
Did a reverse search but you might have better luck than I.  I will post her when I get to a computer or figure out how to copy image locations on an iPhone. ;)

You're absolutely right. She's nowhere. I think this might be one of those genuinely authentic cases of a model on Deviant Art. I use Deviant Art as well, but I try to locate models who have a 'book,' if I plan on using multiple images for a group game. However, for our character sheet, you really only need one image! I only just remembered that now! xD

O/O | A/A | MM

Crash

Yeah I typically use models with multiple images too, but I wanted a real Polynesian model not someone that was like a 1/16 Hawaiian with blonde hair and caucasiod or Japanese features.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

AliceInLace

That's okay, I don't require face claims unless the person is really well known.
18+ RP Discord ♥ The Enchanted Inkwell | O/O & A/A Thread | Solo Request and Ideas | Status:  Active | Games: 2 | Posts Owed: 1

Usually Updated At The End Of The Night

Crash

Okay I only need background now.

Crash

Alice - Do you have any additional history of the school besides what is in this thread?

AliceInLace

Quote from: Crash on July 28, 2015, 10:52:26 AM
Alice - Do you have any additional history of the school besides what is in this thread?

Just what you see. Basically and small bits of history can be discussed throughout the members. The only main thing is that it is slightly into the future and other races are coming to light to live with in the human world. However there is a man who wishes to exterminate all of the other races. Thats pretty much it. I left it rather vague so people could come up with their own histories. Like for example, my character is a Blackwell, the most well known and oldest witch family in all of history. Her family is the ones that founded the school. Thats the only other major thing.

Also, great news! I got a new laptop!
18+ RP Discord ♥ The Enchanted Inkwell | O/O & A/A Thread | Solo Request and Ideas | Status:  Active | Games: 2 | Posts Owed: 1

AndyZ

Grats on the laptop! ^_^

If there's anything else I can do for IC, let me know.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

AliceInLace

Julles

LamentingQuill

Crash

I should have a professor submitted tonight.  Female though...sorry.

AliceInLace

Quote from: Crash on July 30, 2015, 03:27:31 PM
I should have a professor submitted tonight.  Female though...sorry.

Thats alright, the professors I'm not looking into a specific gender yet

Crash

Professor Kelani Alana
race:: Menehune
Sexuality:: Bisexual (Leans towards women)
powers:: Crafting, Artificing, Invisibility
played by:: Crash

They Call Me::. Kelani Alana
I was Born::. Female
I Look Great For My Age::. 25
I Happen to Be::. Menehune
I am Enrolled As::. Professor of Arts

I Got This... Blacksmith's Hammer, Assorted Magic Items
Look What I can Do::.
Crafting:
There is not an art or craft that a Menehune is not proficient in.  While the certainly specialize in a few crafts that they really enjoy they are fully capable of crafting beautiful pieces of art and architecture.  Menehune are incredibly fast at whatever project they are working on and when working with other Menehune they can build entire structures in a night’s time. 

Crafting Weakness: This increased speed only happens when non-Menehune are not looking.  Menehune are fickle with their projects and if they cannot finish it within a night’s time they lose interest and leave the project unfinished.

Artificing:
Menehune are magical creatures.  They cannot cast spells like a wizard or a witch, but they can imbue specially crafted items with magic that they use to cast spells.
Artificing Weakness: If a Menehune does not have the item on their person they cannot use the spell within.

Invisibility:
Menehune are shy creatures by nature and have the ability to turn invisible at will.
Invisibility Weakness: A Menehune can only turn invisible of another intelligent creature is not looking at it.

I am into::. Women mostly, but don't mind the occasional man if the mood strikes her.

Sometimes I can be::. Menehune are traditionally a shy race and really Kelani is no different in that regard.  She has certainly learned to work with others and even enjoys the company of other races, but still she does love to spend time alone working on her own projects and does not tend to seek out the company of strangers.  She is kind and helpful to her students, but a bit of a pacifist.  Kelani prefers to talk through problems instead of fight through them.  She will not attack another race unless she needs to protect herself or her students, in which case she pulls no punches even resulting in damaging magic if the situation is life or death.  Thankfully that has never happened.  Away from the classroom Kelani is inquisitive about any creative endeavor and enjoys the occasional prank or two on unexpecting faculty or college age students.

If You Must Know::. Kelani is wary of some of the more violently inclined races.  Her race has lived in hiding for much of their existence, it is a survival trait that has served them well, so putting herself near other potentially dangerous races goes against her long engrained racial memory. Kelani is more comfortable around humans and Fae, seeing the Fae races as being closely related to the Menehune.

We All Have Our Story::. Kelani’s family has old royal blood in her veins.  Most would think that it is from the ancient Hawaiian kings and Queens, but in reality it is much older.  The Menehune lived on the Hawaiian islands long before the people that would be Hawaiian’s pulled their Mālia’a onto the sandy beaches of the islands. Kelani is a member of the Menehune royal family.  Why those outside of Hawaii think that is a big deal she doesn’t really know, but it seems to mean a lot to the families that founded the school.

It may seem strange that the Menehune, a notoriously shy species of supernatural creature would send one of their daughters to a school dedicated to bringing the existence of the supernatural to light in the modern day and you would be right.  Many of the Menehune felt it was a really bad idea, but Kelani’s parents argued that it was going to happen with their participation or without and it might be best to have someone they trusted attend and tell them what it was like.  Besides it is plenty far away from Hawaii and most people still think of the Menehune as folk and fairy tale.  Once her collective people calmed down, not an easy thing when an idea goes against a core reality of your existence, they allowed Kelani to attend the school.

She was of course a painfully shy student for her first few years, but gradually managed a few friends and ultimately enjoyed her time at the school.  Sure there were trying times and as expected there were groups of creatures that felt superior to others and the cliques were probably a thousand times worse than a human high school, but she survived and even thrived (with only one display of power to keep the worst of the students looking for easier prey). Through it all she remained a pleasant smile and happy demeanor and continued her college level courses at the school where the students were more mature and even more dangerous.  When Kelani graduated she felt the school needed a calming presence, one that did not breed paranoia among the most distrustful races or appear a threat to the softer, squishier races.  She applied for the positions of Professor of Arts and Professor of Charms.  Much to her surprise she was given both jobs.  This will be her first semester as a professor at the school, but many of the faculty and even some of the students will be familiar with her from her time as a student and grad student.

Just Their Smile::. None at the moment
This Is My Jam::. None
I Love These::. Black
Oh Don't Mind Them::. Crash

AliceInLace

Mellific

We're still in need of male characters. :-)

If anyone is interested, please feel free to ask questions here.

O/O | A/A | MM

Joel

herrmmmm.... i could make a male "professor".  he'd be non-academic.  i'm thinking along the lines of shop-teacher but more on the survivalist side of things than how to make lanyards and wooden boxes for your stash.  also he's probably a coach for some sport.  yes. -that- character.  (I love wolverine okay!)

Amarlo

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Joel

Mellific

Quote from: Joel on July 31, 2015, 05:33:31 PM
herrmmmm.... i could make a male "professor".  he'd be non-academic.  i'm thinking along the lines of shop-teacher but more on the survivalist side of things than how to make lanyards and wooden boxes for your stash.  also he's probably a coach for some sport.  yes. -that- character.  (I love wolverine okay!)

Hey Joel! I'm thrilled to see your interest in the game. What you've got thus far sounds promising and I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Alice is the GM, so she'll ultimately be giving the final say, but if you wanted to whip up a character bio, that'd be great. Is there any questions you have about the game, or anything that I could help you out with? ^^

O/O | A/A | MM

AliceInLace

I'm okay with another Male teacher. I think after yours.... I think that would be the last teacher.

Crash

WIP

They Call Me::. Max Ericsson
I was Born::. Male
I Look Great For My Age::. 20
I Happen to Be::. Semi-Demigod
I am Enrolled As::. Student

I Got This... Rune Covered Baseball Bat
Look What I can Do::.

God-like Body:  Max is a quarter God.  His father is the son of the Norse Goddess Skadi.  He is stronger, faster and can take punishment unlike any mortal person can.  He never tires and needs very little sleep.  Max can regenerate from terrible injuries over time and heals faster than mortals.
God-like Body Weakness: Max is not immortal and can be killed but it would take a lot of damage to do so.  His god-like attributes do not extend to the mind.  He is no more intelligent or observant than any other person.

Control Water:  Max can manipulate and control water in all of its forms. He can also breath in water.
Control Water Weakness: Max cannot create water only manipulate water that is in the same area that he is.

Super Athletic:  There is not a sport or athletic endeavor that Max does not excel in.  When he takes a serious interest in a sport there is no one better than he.
Super Athletic Weakness: Max can be beaten in sports that he isn’t training in.  He will still be one of the best players on the field in any sporting event, but only the one or two that he is currently training in are the ones that he just can’t lose in.  He is currently interested in Swimming and Surfing.

I am into::. Women

Sometimes I can be::. Max is gregarious and fun-loving.  He loves being active and is a huge sports fan.  He has been an extremely popular student at school and has a ton of friends.  Sure there are some people that are jealous of him and others that are rivals in sporting events or with the ladies, but this is more do to others insecurities than Max being a jerk.  He does have a bit of a hero complex and has issues with bullies.  He has been known to stand up for students that are being picked on even if it will cause him trouble later on.  Max isn’t much of an academic and often needs a tutor to help him keep up with his studies, this is something that he finds a little embarrassing.  Max is a sucker for a pretty face and a sad story and can be manipulated in that way.

If You Must Know::. Max is pretty much a live and let live kind of guy, but that being said the more human a person looks the more comfortable he is around them.  It may not be right, but that is the way it is.  He has heard to many stories from his father and grandmother about monstrous creatures and the end of days.

We All Have Our Story::. TBD

Just Their Smile::. Depends on the day.
This Is My Jam::. None
I Love These::. Black
Oh Don't Mind Them::. Crash

AliceInLace

Mellific

xD

Definitely looks good thus far, Crash. I can picture the girls swooning in unison already.

O/O | A/A | MM

Crash

Okay student has been sent.