Empire of the Indigo Star -- Sci Fi political intrigue freeform original setting

Started by Niferbelle, November 10, 2015, 08:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caela

Quote from: Kokaine on November 29, 2015, 07:49:45 PM
Oooh! If people are wanting to help with face claims I'd love some help >.>

She needs to be urm... Caucasian and look like she's 20 - 30 and err... not like you could push her over with a stick *cough*

She will be a Chainer, if that helps ::)

Adriene Padalicki

Anna Silk

Cote dePablo

Jaimie Alexander

Just a few thoughts.

Kokaine

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on November 29, 2015, 08:02:56 PM
Ronda Rousey?

http://celebrityhive.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/RondaRouseyFF703.jpg

28 years old, caucasian, can kick ass with the best of them?

*is getting flashbacks of Ilona* xD

She's in my possibles list though I don't see her blending in as a "proper daughter" like even for pretend, lol
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Kokaine

Quote from: Caela on November 29, 2015, 08:12:22 PM
Adriene Padalicki

Anna Silk

Cote dePablo

Jaimie Alexander

Just a few thoughts.

Ooh, hadn't considered Anna Silk... or Cote.
Adrianne was like the very first one I considered but since I was intending to play Mockingbird elsewhere originally I crossed her off the list... >. <

Hmmm... I shall ponder a bit more while at work. Thanks for the jumpstart GMC and Caela.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Caela

Anytime Koka...feel free to look through the other folders in the photobucket account for ideas...those were just the first four that came to mind with the whole, not looking like she could be blown over comment lol.

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Kokaine

My O/Os

Ontan

Quote from: CurvyKitten on November 29, 2015, 06:59:58 PM
I am going to be playing a Novari, and wanted to find something that works with what is already established.

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on November 29, 2015, 07:14:44 PM
The person I chose to be my character's face and body is Indian.  He is going to be a Novari.  Meaning he has dark hair, dark eyes and dark skin.  Well, darker than your average caucasian, anyway.  Is this a problem?

More Novari!

Curvy and I have just been ironing out a few details regarding House Novari's family structure. I'll shoot you a PM soon. For now, though, can I ask what relation you were thinking of playing? Younger brother, distant cousin, etc. There's no right or wrong answer, of course, I'm just curious.

Niferbelle

Not to speak for GMC, but I think he's decided on playing a cousin -- a son of the Duke's younger brother who married a Lady of Orozone.

I vote for Jaime Alexander, Koka. I love her eyes. I think she looks even cooler with short hair.

Emjay

Quote from: Niferbelle on November 29, 2015, 11:10:47 PM
Not to speak for GMC, but I think he's decided on playing a cousin -- a son of the Duke's younger brother who married a Lady of Orozone.

I vote for Jaime Alexander, Koka. I love her eyes. I think she looks even cooler with short hair.

I agree with Niferbelle on this one. Jaime Alexander really looks like a Chainer with that short hair.
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Cyrano Johnson

Whew! My last post (for now) in the OOT thread is up. Bit of a sprint, but strike when the muse is hot. Thanks Flower for letting me play a bit in the Prawomir sandbox.

I'm enjoying watching the game evolve. Nice work with Jalen, Ontan, it looks like he'll be rollicking good fun!

Great to see you back, Niferbelle!
Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

Aiden

Hah, I love how Emjay pictures the Chainers already. I wonder if that has anything to do with them being created by me. (also, she ain't wrong) If she wasn't so damn skinny, I am really digging Krysten Ritter, But that was since "Dont Trust the B in apt 23."

Ontan

Speaking of Chainers, I was hoping to give Jalen a few connections to their House. I figured he’d probably get along with a bunch of troublemakers, rebels, and borderline insane comet miners… but just in case, I wanted to run it by everyone (particularly Aiden and Kokaine) before mentioning it in-game.

In keeping with the Chainer’s habit of distancing themselves from the other Houses, Jalen’s history with them would be as non-political as such visits can possibly get: he drops by now and then in his capacity as rake and an adventurer, rather than anything to do with official House Novari business. Following leads for his next expedition, indulging in the dubious pleasures of Deadman’s Port, and refitting his ship with whatever 'exotic' equipment they have to offer would be his main reasons for dropping by, but he wouldn’t be adverse to joining them on the occasional foray if there was ever occasion to collaborate.

Let me know what you think!

Giantmutantcrab

Ontan, if it is ok with you, I will write a little something about my character and Jalen and PM that to you to see if it is ok, ok?

Ok.

:)

Kokaine

I think I will roll with Jaimie Alexander and see what I come up with. She should be sent in either late today or tomorrow!

As far as connections, over all house connections I'll leave to Aiden but I'm open to connections for the Lady Jeska (and/or her alter ego :P). I kind of wanted her to have someone close who knew what all she got up to and either came right along for shenanigans or just helped cover for her but I think there have been a ton of requests for companions and the like so I'll leave it alone for now.

My O/Os

Niferbelle

Quote from: Cyrano Johnson on November 30, 2015, 01:50:18 AM
Whew! My last post (for now) in the OOT thread is up. Bit of a sprint, but strike when the muse is hot. Thanks Flower for letting me play a bit in the Prawomir sandbox.

I'm enjoying watching the game evolve. Nice work with Jalen, Ontan, it looks like he'll be rollicking good fun!

Great to see you back, Niferbelle!

Really well done, Cyrano. I was impressed with all of it, but especially the way you captured the atmosphere and the culture of the place.

Ontan and Aiden, I still think the youngest Chainer guy would be a good acquaintance for Jalen.

ANNOUNCEMENT!

I have decided to let people have one secondary character or NPC. You do not have to create one but the option is there. The NPC will be treated a bit differently. When it comes to your main character, I will be plotting for them and trying to bring them into the big storylines in some way or another. If you create an NPC, they will not have the same focus. They would be primarily for RP purposes, for furthering politics in the House, for reacting to the events that occur. This is not to say if they happen to stumble into something they can't get involved but they won't be getting the same amount of attention from the GMs. Does this make sense? Same as before, if you get an idea, please PM Aiden and I before tackling the sheet so we can avoid any stepping on toes ;)

Caela

Quote from: Kokaine on November 30, 2015, 10:54:11 AM
I think I will roll with Jaimie Alexander and see what I come up with. She should be sent in either late today or tomorrow!

As far as connections, over all house connections I'll leave to Aiden but I'm open to connections for the Lady Jeska (and/or her alter ego :P). I kind of wanted her to have someone close who knew what all she got up to and either came right along for shenanigans or just helped cover for her but I think there have been a ton of requests for companions and the like so I'll leave it alone for now.

Just a thought for connections Koka, will your girl have fostered somewhere, or been raised pretty much solely on Chainer space stations? Fostering is a good way to make connections outside your own house. :)

Aiden

She was sent to Guild Guarra  (Military) at age 15, until 19, after or before that, she was able to do what she wished. More so after 19, when she has more access to ships and such.

Koka, you can change the name also btw, Jeska was when she was a NPC, I am almost down with the extra info on House Chainer, I sorta got away.

Those awaiting connections will be contacted as well when I make my PC Chainer.

Aiden

Volcas - Home of Guid Ferra

Titan's Bane - The Largest Platform
within Chainer Space

House Chainer doesn't have other Houses under its banner like others in the Empire. They are broken down into "guilds". Guilds are mini factions under Chainer rule that specialize in different skills.

Guild Terra - Are the guild of Miners and Engineers who are responsible for mining comets, planets and anything they can land a "Suicide" jet on. Currently a Chainer holds rank as Head Engineer.

Guild Ferra - "The Foundry"- This guild is a collective of Welders, Smelters and Iron Workers who take the rich ore from the Terra guild and smelt it down into the rich Steel that will eventually be used by the Vulcan Guild.

Guild Vulcan - "The Smiths" This guild are the elite craftsman who take Steel and turn it into plating for space ships and other projects.

Guild Chanaan - The Merchants and traders of House Chainer, typically the most intelligent (education wise), this guild is responsible for keeping the Economy of House Chainer in the black and its trades and alliances healthy. Duke Chainer sits on the board of the Chanaan Guild but he is wise to trust his advisers in the economical matters of his house.

Guild Guarra - The Military of House Chainer, Duke Chainer is the acting Commander but has relinquished all power to his eldest son and current Admiral of the Fleet.

Smaller Guilds - Arts, Music, Drama etc (Smaller guilds, a "renaissance" is blossoming within House Chainer as cultures from other houses linger and are adopted, creating a artistic movement within its people.)

---

Expectations of Women, Children and the Elderly -

All children are expected to serve Guild Guarra if capable for a minimum of 4 years entering their 15th year. In this time, their skills and abilities are sorted into the others guilds or are given the option to make the military a life long career. Men and Women train side by side, equal in every way despite the laws of the empire.

Women who chose to raises family are given the full support of the empire and given other jobs, from medical to administrative duties. The elderly or disabled also serve in these positions if capable.

----

"High Castle"  Chainer's Royal Palace

Deadman's Port

Chainer land holds various planets with very little hospitable space, massive cities stand in their place but the majority of the population live and thrive on the growing space platforms that orbit the various planets. Chainer's Castle is a Platform/Orbital Station that serves as a military station.  The various Space Platforms, Ships and Space Stations of House Chainer are always moving within their air space/territory. The volatile part of the galaxy has a constant influx of comets and meteor showers which requires constant vigilance. While other houses may boast pilots and/or navigators.  Pilots from House Chainer are known to be the most "insane" or "damn right stupid" due to their reputation of steering into danger and never away from it.

"Piracy, Smuggling and all the fun things in life"

Piracy and Smuggling is a way of life in the empire, more so for House Chainer. While they do not officially endorse these criminal acts, House Chainer has been known to look in the other direction. Smugglers of high reputation know to pay "taxes" to House Chainer and in return are allowed to operate in their space.

"Official" Smugglers and Pirates have been known to work exclusively for House Chainer when diplomacy and trade agreements go south. The majority of smugglers operating within these lands happen to be veterans or former guild members. Some retired guild members or veterans have been known to join a crew to keep things "interesting", speaking to the hard working mindset of people in this part of the Galaxy.

Official Trade Convoys of House Chainer are always well protected and only fools consider attacking a Chainer Trading Vessel as that would result in the fleet responding with extreme prejudice.

For those looking to hide, trade their illegal (in other parts of the galaxy) goods or just in the mood to misbehave, Deadman's Port might be the destinations for you. The large space colony/station that was carved around orbiting land masses in the center of the rings that surround the planet Mors (a dead desolated planet that was harvested in the early days of the Empire) make it the best place to hide out or get lost if that is what you desire. Extra goods/weapons and contraband flood black markets of  Deadman's port. While there is no official government or ruling structure, a smuggler/pirate has taken control of the port and those who come to port know who is boss.

Rumors claim a Chainer is the "mysterious pirate king". Rumors resurfacing after few learned that Tiberius himself was a pirate in his youth after his service to the military when his brother was alive and expected to take the title of Duke. (Before the Guild Wars)

The Royal Family

Tiberius Kane Chainer

Tiberius Chainer

The only surviving son after the brutal "Civil Guild Wars" decades earlier. Tiberius claimed absolute control of House Chainer after his brothers went to war with one another after the death of their father decided who decided to split his holdings among all his children equally. Former pirate and seat holder of Guild Chanaan, he took control and reorganized the guilds and their structure so none could assemble their own armies/navies after seizing control and initiating a decadea long peace and is credited with its current cultural growth (compared to its stagnation during the "old ways").

Clint Kane Chainer

Clint Chainer
Tiberius's first son, he was raised like his father before him. He was sent to Guild Guarra like all other children at the age of 15th. His name was stripped and he was given a number like the others and lived, trained and fought with them. Clint saw plenty of combat dealing with pirates, smugglers and an occasional contract from the other houses when they called in for military support. Choosing to reenlist for life (the only way to become an officer), he quickly proved himself a leader and capable captain. Before age 30 he was captain of his own Behemoth Class cruiser, a few years later he became A Fleet Admiral with more than half a dozen war ships under his command.

After proving himself further, his father stepped down as commander-in-chief in of Guild Guarra and promoted his son to the rank, effectively making him the next duke. Guild Guarra is run by the Commander, 4 Fleet Admirals, 2 Generals of the Army and 2 Generals of the Air Force.

Raynor Tyranus Chainer

Raynor Chainer

The Second son, Raynor, like his siblings before him, was sent off to Guild Guarra at 15. Unlike his older brother, he was a mediocre solider but outmatched him as a navigator. With his interest leaning towards mining and space exploration, he transferred to Guild Terra and became an apprentice miner. His ability as a navigator began to shine during this time, when combined with his fascination in geology he fit in with the other guild members who devoted their life to mining and surviving the constant dance with death. Raynor became Head Engineer of the Guild a decade earlier and has structured the organization to streamline more apprentices in an effort to prevent casualties and increase their operations.

Dubbed "the silent son", Raynor is a practical and happily married man who prefers to work and tend to his family when he is not out on an expedition. While not overly close with his other siblings, he tends to be the one they all go to when they need help as he did not inherit Tiberius's temper.

Jeska Chainer - Koka - Wip
Tychus Chainer - Aiden's Char - Wip

Aiden

All done, The first 2 brothers will remain background NPCS, but I am willing to expand the Chainer Bloodline to add more if there are people interested.

I will work on my sheet soon, I will be going off to bed soon.

Giantmutantcrab

*cough*

Long Live the Novari

*cough*

^__^

---

Also, I am checking with top people to make sure that my character bio is ok before sending it out.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on November 30, 2015, 01:08:32 PM
*cough*

Long Live the Novari

*cough*

^__^

---

Also, I am checking with top people to make sure that my character bio is ok before sending it out.

I agree long live the Novari! LOL Random and no help to my face claim though :P

Giantmutantcrab