I am Thou, Thou art I....PERSONA! (Closed)

Started by Empyrean, December 30, 2017, 05:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soveliss

Quote from: Empyrean on December 31, 2017, 03:07:35 PM
Witold sounds like a good Persona, and as you said, there is precedent with Ishikawa Goemon and Captain Kidd. Another figure who fought injustice from captivity (and was also a real person) was Nelson Mandela. From mythology, what immediately comes to mind is Prometheus from Greek mythology. He was imprisoned for the crime of gifting humanity fire (which he stole from the Gods), and is generally well-regarded for it, except among the Gods.

I'll go with Witold, as he's relatively obscure today even though he should have a place in history courses. What he did was an act of incredible bravery. Since personas are metaphorical, I'll try to make a persona that makes it clear it's him but also works on a metaphorical level.
Winning against depression is possible, I know it, I've done it! I had help, sure, and couldn't have done it without help, but I still won!

"Work together as a team
Download douchey hats on Steam"
                                                        Brentalfloss

Starting an IC on E forums OOC on Discord experiment. If you're okay with discussing plot details and exchanging status updates on Discord while keeping RPs on Elliquiy's forums, you can ask me for my Discord ID.

Arcadia

Well this sounds really neat! I'll need a day or two to do a full write up, but I'm ruminating on a character of the Wheel of Fortune arcana: they ended up at the school for reasons beyond their control, after a series of unlucky breaks. No matter how hard they tried to correct course, things just went against them, over and over. At this point they're in their last year with no plans for college (because why bother, things will fall such that no one accepts them), resigned to a future of menial labor in a poor district, probably while being extorted by yakuza. Presumably, game events will change this and they'll start to fight for their own (and perhaps others?) futures; a character arc from "Prisoner of Fate" to "Shepard of Destiny."

I'm not really sure what to pick for a persona, though. Does anyone have any thoughts, especially in the realm of mortal "fate breakers", since there seems to be a trend towards ascended mortals for people's persona choices so far.

Also, when it comes to real people as persona, I've long thought Alistair Crowley or John Dee would make interesting persona. Probably Hierophant and Hermit respectively, and Dee would probably be a Navigator persona. They'd both also probably fit the theme of this game.

Empyrean

Wheel of Fortune sounds pretty good.

Remember, you don't have to go with an ascended mortal. You've got all of mythology, pop culture, and psychology to work with too. :)

Cythieus

Yeah she'll be a Nav, but will also be able to fight at the same time.

Empyrean

Okay. Well, if need be I can make up an NPC who's a full navigator (in keeping with the custom that there's usually a non-combatant character who focuses entirely on nav and support duties at some point, which would free up Tsumi to do more direct combat if you're interested). If I need to whip up this NPC, he or she wouldn't join at the start but come in later, also keeping with series tradition. :)

Gardsorm

That works out fine for now!

Other questions: If we don't all have our Persona from the get-go, how do we get them? Is travel to the other world the same as before? Are our Persona's invoked similarly to any of the games?

Empyrean

I was thinking that things start ordinary and there'll be an event that gives you all your starting personae.

Gardsorm

Works for me, I was keen on writing his awakening sequence rather than just bypassing it. xD

Well, after some edits, Yuuki's profile is finished! Mostly! I leave final judgment up to the GM and Co-GM.

Gardsorm

MiraMirror

Likewise for you! ^^  I'm trying to work on an appearance for the Persona. =3=;
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Gardsorm

I get pretty outlandish with designs but I do try to incorporate the myths. If I can help in any way, let me know! I like making them as descriptive as possible to invoke how cool, creepy or sexy they need to be. xD

Gardsorm

Sorry for the double post but I feel I should ask this question before anyone gets too invested in their characters because it may change things.

Will we be doing like the games and getting evolutions of our Personas later?

Empyrean

Ideally, yes you will be able to evolve your personas to a second form so I encourage everyone to come up with one. :)

Gardsorm

Oh good, so then i'm already covered, haha. Alrighty, thanks!

Gardsorm

I feel like I might be just a bit too much of a pest constantly replying all the time, so i'll try to get all my questions and concerns out in one go:

1) Is it alright if I list my starting Persona's skills? (In my profile, I listed his starters as Eiha and Sonic Punch)

2) We know you guys have some plot in mind for us but is it possible if we can maybe come up with a few ideas going for some of our characters personally? Little motivational guiders along their awkward journey, possibly antagonistic forces that have wronged them for longer than anyone else, ect?

3) Which forum will we be setting the game up at? So I can get an idea of what sort of content and interaction possibilities (In many senses of the phrase) we can expect.

4) How unusual can we be with weapons? I mean, P5 had a cat with a slingshot, a cutie with a grenade launcher, and someone else who used a Ray Gun and a Laser Sword. Can we expect similar levels of 'uh, what'?

5) About how long would everyone know each other? Or would that be more of a player case-by-case basis chosen by them?

6) if I get too annoying, you wouldn't mind telling me to curb my enthusiasm, would you? xD

Soveliss

I guess the evolved form of Kimiko's Persona will be Prometheus, thanks for the advice Empyrean, basically because Prometheus has actually accomplished what he sought to do even if he paid dearly for it while despite trying, Witold never got the allies to aid in an attack/takeover of the camp.

Also, Gardsorm, I guess Takeda Kimiko and Mifunashiro Yuuki will bond pretty fast. They have similar life experiences. And maybe Kimiko could introduce him to her reporter contact that is the only reason Kimiko didn't completely break during her stint? :-)
Winning against depression is possible, I know it, I've done it! I had help, sure, and couldn't have done it without help, but I still won!

"Work together as a team
                                                        Brentalfloss

Starting an IC on E forums OOC on Discord experiment. If you're okay with discussing plot details and exchanging status updates on Discord while keeping RPs on Elliquiy's forums, you can ask me for my Discord ID.

Gardsorm

You think so? o: That would be fun but I think Yuuki is gonna have his reservations still. He feels betrayed twice already by friends snd doesn't want to risk the third time, so he keeps most others at arms length (plus he's not ready to start lashing out at the people that don't deserve it yet). But once he discovers the sinister circumstances surrounding his second friend's departure from the school, he'll start to open up a bit!

I do see him enjoying casual commentary with Kimiko though, and I feel like he'll have trouble remembering her nickname. xD

Soveliss

I'm pumped for this game personally, and yeah, it's probably gonna start with some general chit chat about what happens at the reform schooland in the news between Takeda Kimiko and Mifunashiro Yuuki, Kimiko being well aware that while some people in the reform school are bad news, some just got accused by corrupt people in power and she'd at least be willing to hear their sides of the story... If they're not intimidated by her scars and her attire that makes her look like she belongs in a biker gang at least.

"Work together as a team
                                                        Brentalfloss

Gardsorm

As long as Kimiko understands that Yuuki might be a bit of a brat sometimes. :3 He's just a jaded fellow but he'll learn to be better. o:

Most definitely, Yuuki knows that at least some  of the people in the reformation school don't deserve to be there, but like him just had people stacking the deck against them. He's got his sympathies for them, even if he doesn't show it too well through his behavior.

For the record, some of Yuuki's tastes are odd. He doesn't mind some scarring on a lady (he even finds them attractive, but of the many things he would not mind saying to anyone's face, that is one of the very few things he won't admit), and the outfit can only help that, lol. It gives her a strong girl image to him, and it's an image he appreciates. xD

As for him, he tries to keep himself physically fit, though he's been made to eat less over time and it's started to show on him, which is why his weight's a little on the low end for his height. Get him some good food and he'll probably be as loyal as a dog. x:

Soveliss

Quote from: Gardsorm on January 01, 2018, 11:31:54 AM
As for him, he tries to keep himself physically fit, though he's been made to eat less over time and it's started to show on him, which is why his weight's a little on the low end for his height. Get him some good food and he'll probably be as loyal as a dog. x:

Food could be arranged... After all, Kimiko does know a reporter that does some serious investigative work on general and government corruption which is why said journalist is stuck at some small time tabloid specialized in conspiracy theories and UFO sightings and why the Gov't hasn't cracked down on the tabloid (no one takes the tabloid seriously so if the Gov't cracked down on it it would reveal the conspiracy nuts were onto something) though they would love to know who had the guts to talk about what went on at the juvenile detention facility and then at the reform school... Wouldn't be too hard to convince said reporter to bring take out next time she sneaks in... If our GM's okay with that idea of course.  :P

"Work together as a team
                                                        Brentalfloss

Gardsorm

Sounds like Kimiko's reporter friend might need to be careful if they dig too deep. D: Sooner or later, they might ruffle the feathers of some corrupt bereaucrat with an itchy trigger finger in order to keep the project a secret. Worst case scenario, they meet the same fate Tetsuo did (needless to say, Yuuki is going to be very, very angry when he finds out what happened to his friend. Both at them and at himself)

Soveliss

Should the friend that kept Kimiko sane be eliminated... Well, if no one stops Kimiko, fertilizer companies are gonna get an unexpected windfall... Unless there would be a better way available for her to avenge her friend...

"Work together as a team
                                                        Brentalfloss

Gardsorm

Yuuki: ... That's kind of hot.

Bad jokes aside, let's hope it doesn't come to that. o= I imagine as a reporter, Kimiko's friend knows how to keep themselves on the downlow to avoid suspicion. Besides, it'll probably be up to us to do most of the heavy lifting and footwork to even uncover this stuff. We're probably more liable to draw the attention to ourselves when the government realizes we're screwing around with their current pet project. x: However long it takes them to realize anyway.

Soveliss

To be fair I wanted the journalist as a potential social link/confident.

"Work together as a team
                                                        Brentalfloss

Gardsorm

Ooh, so that was the angle you were aiming for! I didn't know if the GM and Co-GM were going to do that since the social links and confidants sound more fitting for a single player game than a group game like this, but if they can make it work here, then by all means go for it. o= I'm getting memories of the reporter lady from P5 now. xD