Charmed Next Generation (recruiting)

Started by Levi, December 12, 2017, 02:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaia

that's fine, I went through and looked.  I'm working on it, but I haven't followed it beyond the show, so I'm having to look at descendents and what not.  fan stuff :)

~ Who cares what and who we are as long as we no longer break ~

SithLordOfSnark

Can someone at first glance tell me if either Ryan Reynolds or Johnny Depp have been claimed as faces?
Always looking for roleplays, just keep in mind that I' m not a fast poster.

On's & Off's | Request Thread | A & A

Buffy the Vampire Slayer CYOA |
Eternal Nights (VtM) Interest Check  | Buffy: After the End Interest Check

Levi

Quote from: SithLordOfSnark on December 25, 2017, 01:59:38 PM
Can someone at first glance tell me if either Ryan Reynolds or Johnny Depp have been claimed as faces?

Not johnny Depp that's for sure!
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Norsegod1839

SithLordOfSnark

I'm claiming one or the other.

Unless someone wants to make Lyndsy Fonseca for me, in which case I'll make Shane West. ;)

Kaia

So how much does the whitelighter play into their powers?  I'm working on my girl now

Norsegod1839

what do you mean? like my guy as a whigte lighter or how you would be as a white lighter?

White lighters powers are very simple they can orb (teleport) and heal! That kind of is their main and only powers

Kaia

Like, okay, Wyatt and Chris have whitelighter powers.  How much of those do their kids get?  Maximum of two powers...should that include one witchy, one whitelighter?

Sessha

Actually White Lighters have a bit more powers than one might actually think. It's just orbing and healing are the two most visual. Most of their powers are supportive in nature so to speak. Here is the full list of powers they do have.

Here is the Wikia link or you can read below. http://charmed.wikia.com/wiki/Whitelighter

General Powers: Scrying: The ability to find a lost person or object by holding a crystal over a map.
Potion Making: The ability to brew and make different potions and vanquishing potions.
Orbing: The ability to teleport a being with the use of orbs.
Healing: The ability to heal physical wounds and different injuries.
Cloaking: The ability to hide yourself or others from magical detection. Limited to charges.
Sensing: The ability to locate and find their charges.
Glamouring: The ability to change one's appearance to look like another human being.
Immortality: The ability to live a long lifespan and an arrested aging process.
Telekinesis: The ability to move objects and people with the mind and/or hand
Photokinesis: The ability to create and manipulate light and orbs.
Thermokinesis: The ability to mentally control and manipulate heat.
Reconstitution: The powerful ability to pull yourself back together again after being blown up.
Omnilingualism: The ability to understand, speak, and read any language without training in it. Limited to the language of charges

Also I have an image for my Whitelighter character. https://imgur.com/lrcJz
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Miss Kaia on December 25, 2017, 04:34:02 PM
Like, okay, Wyatt and Chris have whitelighter powers.  How much of those do their kids get?  Maximum of two powers...should that include one witchy, one whitelighter?

I would say one witchy one white lighter

For instance Paige gets the witch power of telekensis but it ties into her white lighter power she can call out for an item and bring it to her via orbing

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Sessha on December 25, 2017, 04:36:49 PM
Actually White Lighters have a bit more powers than one might actually think. It's just orbing and healing are the two most visual. Most of their powers are supportive in nature so to speak. Here is the full list of powers they do have.

Here is the Wikia link or you can read below. http://charmed.wikia.com/wiki/Whitelighter

General Powers: Scrying: The ability to find a lost person or object by holding a crystal over a map.
Potion Making: The ability to brew and make different potions and vanquishing potions.
Cloaking: The ability to hide yourself or others from magical detection. Limited to charges.
Glamouring: The ability to change one's appearance to look like another human being.
Reconstitution: The powerful ability to pull yourself back together again after being blown up.
Omnilingualism: The ability to understand, speak, and read any language without training in it. Limited to the language of charges

I am not sure about the thermokinesis! Its been a year or two since I watched the show but I do not remember them being able to control the heat and stuff

And for the telekensis and again I might be wrong... but that was only paige that could do that. I dont remember Leo or the other white lighters being able to call things to them via orbing! Again I could totally be wrong on that score! At the very least I knwo the omni one is right!

The scrying and potion making our part of being a witch and or warlock thats why I did not include them.

Kaia

I've been trying to read the wiki all day.  It gets huge and I only get maybe half the page and it hurts my head so thanks.

Sessha

Quote from: EroticLiteracy on December 25, 2017, 04:43:12 PM
I am not sure about the thermokinesis! Its been a year or two since I watched the show but I do not remember them being able to control the heat and stuff

And for the telekensis and again I might be wrong... but that was only paige that could do that. I dont remember Leo or the other white lighters being able to call things to them via orbing! Again I could totally be wrong on that score! At the very least I knwo the omni one is right!

The scrying and potion making our part of being a witch and or warlock thats why I did not include them.

Well to be fair the potion making and TK are more than likely things that came about in the comics that came after the series ended. Which I believe the show's creator has stated that whatever happened in the comic books was considered cannon and such. But I think the potion making is part of it as I believe in one or two episodes we see Leo making a potion himself and as we do know he wasn't a witch in his former life in the least.

Levi

A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Elf

I may be wrong here is my take on White Lighters I got from watching the show, I fairly recently binge watched the entire 8 seasons on Netflix.

When a mortal becomes a White Lighter they automatically get:
Orbing
Healing
Immortality
Sensing their charges
and Omnilingualism

In my opinion things like scrying and potion making are more skills developed making use of magical energies.

The other powers come with experience as they build up to possibly becoming elders.

Sessha

Yeah they were never real clear on what sort of powers WhiteLighters were capable of. The wikia does offer several pictures of them using their powers. I know they also have the whole levitate and manipulating light particles thing. Here are two examples of it. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/charmed/images/3/38/Leo_caught_hovering.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20061203032745

and the light manipulation thing. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/charmed/images/2/27/LightManip.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100601181306

Now I don't have Netflix so I can't go back and verify these correctly myself. If I could yes I would do so., however if someone else wants to verify these please do so.

Norsegod1839

I have been tempted to get back into the series myself! Maybe after I finish Friends

Honestly my favorite seasons was teh Chris season personally  if I remember correctly Chris was able to use spells which freaked teh girls out until he explained he was part witch

So the whitelighters can't use spells correct?

SithLordOfSnark

Quote from: EroticLiteracy on December 26, 2017, 04:31:02 PM
I have been tempted to get back into the series myself! Maybe after I finish Friends

Honestly my favorite seasons was teh Chris season personally  if I remember correctly Chris was able to use spells which freaked teh girls out until he explained he was part witch

So the whitelighters can't use spells correct?

Only if they were what's commonly referred to as WitchLighters, like Paige was.

Sessha

Well going over the wikia, under the references section(Yeah cause none of us bothers reading that section most times) it seems like they reference each individual episode for powers. The glamoring effect power is described when Leo uses it to make himself look like Baltazar to help train the witches. Again if anyone wants to watch the episodes to confirm I'm all for it. Again cause I don't have Netflix.

SithLordOfSnark

Quote from: Sessha on December 26, 2017, 04:40:16 PM
Well going over the wikia, under the references section(Yeah cause none of us bothers reading that section most times) it seems like they reference each individual episode for powers. The glamoring effect power is described when Leo uses it to make himself look like Baltazar to help train the witches. Again if anyone wants to watch the episodes to confirm I'm all for it. Again cause I don't have Netflix.

It was removed from Netflix anyway, quite awhile ago.

Norsegod1839

I'm watching it right now

on netflix lol

Kaia

Charmed is totally on Netflix.

I'm working on a daughter of Wyatt.  Looking through powers and trying to see who her mom is O.o

Norsegod1839

Whoop whooop!

I look forward to seeing that! You could dig into his Arthur wilder of exaclibur history and make her the new merian or the daughter of the lady of the lake and Wyatt

Kaia

Norsegod1839

Might be fun! I believe the lady of the lake had her own power set from the TV show if I remember correctly!