Dealing with Depression ~ A Personal Point of View

Started by Rhedyn, January 21, 2011, 12:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oreo

*blushes fiercely at Sybl's comment* ::) I actually cried a bit.

Quote from: Night Stalker on July 17, 2011, 12:08:15 AM
*blushes* Perhaps that day will come, need to overcome the years of mental anguish from all including parents(both deceased) who I never seemed to measure up to what they expected of me.
*hugs* I know that feeling all too well. Plus tack on twelve years of stupidity in a verbally abusive relationship that left me further thinking I was worthless. From what I have seen here, you're pretty awesome ;) We'll keep telling you so until you believe it too!

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Night Stalker

Quote from: Oreo on July 17, 2011, 12:56:05 AM

*hugs* I know that feeling all too well. Plus tack on twelve years of stupidity in a verbally abusive relationship that left me further thinking I was worthless. From what I have seen here, you're pretty awesome ;) We'll keep telling you so until you believe it too!

I am sorry you have to endure all of that *hugs back and blushes* thank you.
Ons and Offs           NightStalker's Role Playing Requests - Reprised.          A/A's - Updated        
I stalk the night, looking for her
My next victim to take away from here
She will be the prize to my collection
A joy for me to hold and use at my discretion
I belong to the night, stalking it and surveying
taking what I need to suffice my desires
I am the NightStalker

Sybl

Quote from: Oreo on July 17, 2011, 12:56:05 AM

well...
Quote from: Night Stalker on July 17, 2011, 08:06:21 PM
I am sorry you have to endure all of that *hugs back and blushes* thank you.

I guess what I need to do on my good days is spend it on the keyboard, sending out hugs, and encouragement to every one..

you can consider me that pesky little sister who doesn't understand what buzz off means  XD  ::)  :P

*leaves hugs for all who need or wants them...*
Have you looked in your mirror today? Smile.. I am watching you ;)

Night Stalker

Quote from: Sybl on July 17, 2011, 09:06:36 PM
well...
I guess what I need to do on my good days is spend it on the keyboard, sending out hugs, and encouragement to every one..

you can consider me that pesky little sister who doesn't understand what buzz off means  XD  ::)  :P

*leaves hugs for all who need or wants them...*
Have you looked in your mirror today? Smile.. I am watching you ;)

Yes spending time online during good days would be beneficial to all.
*hugs back*

Leaves hugs for all who may need or want them.
Ons and Offs           NightStalker's Role Playing Requests - Reprised.          A/A's - Updated        
I am the NightStalker

Night Stalker

Quick fly through Hugs to all who need or want them.
I am the NightStalker

Sybl

Quote from: Night Stalker on July 20, 2011, 10:20:16 PM
Quick fly through Hugs to all who need or want them.

always wants hugs.. they're fun in good times, and needed always.
thank you Night Stalker..
*returns same, for you and all.*

Oreo

*sweeps through with hugs for all* Hugs are always welcome, Night Stalker.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Izzy1337

This is such an awesome place! Just look around!

There are hugs stocked on store shelves, hugs that were left from a drive-by, air-dropped hugs, sweeping hugs, dropped off hugs, just left lying around hugs, and now (with my addition) canned hugs! (They pop out like the snakes in a can.)  >:)

*Good wishes to all, and best of luck for your day*

--Izzy
Fire is my Element, and I love to play with it; Water is my Passion, and I live to play with it.

Night Stalker

I am the NightStalker

Izzy1337

Ok, Izzy's had a bad day again. I hope nobody minds me venting a little bit. I'll try to keep the content as clean as possible. Sorry if I bother anyone.

So I woke up this morning to get ready for school, but I'm in the middle of my monthly, so my head hurts, I'm still tired, I'm cramping, and I feel nauseous and bloated. I take a Midol and get over myself, and go to school. Today is chemistry. My chem class has some of the most retarded people on the planet in it, I swear, and normally I can tune out or read over the book or something and not notice the idiocy surrounding me, but today it wasn't working. I have never wanted access to a shotgun more in my entire life. I have no idea whether I wanted to kill my classmates, the professor, or myself, but if I'd had one, somebody would've died. *Sends up a quick prayer saying thanks that I didn't have any kind of weapon.*
Anyway, survived class, but still felt icky and bitchy at lunchtime. It's custom for me to eat lunch with my boyfriend, so even though I wasn't all that hungry, we went to go eat. I had most of a sandwich from Panera. After lunch I went home and chilled out for a while, trying on some of the new clothes I had bought myself for my birthday. I found one I really liked, so I wore that one until my bf got home from work. He was decidedly unimpressed. The outfit consisted of a purple and black embroidered under-bust corset over a gray, stretchy t-shirt with a long, silver skirt. I'd thought that I'd looked damn sexy and hot and all that stuff, but all he said is that I needed a shirt to cover up my corset. He then went on to respectfully object to my suggestion for dinner, after asking for my opinion. We ended up going to Burger King, which I already don't care for, where I managed to pick out what has to be the worst chicken sandwich ever made in the history of mankind. The french fries they gave me were better, and I can't stand BK's fries. My bf has been walking on eggshells around me all night, but he hasn't tried to apologize; I'm not entirely sure he realizes he hurt me or why.
I don't know if it's just because I'm hormonal, or if it really was a crappy day, but I still don't feel great. I'm hurt and angry, and there's not a damn thing I can do about it. I'm just tired of today, and I'm tired of feeling like hell. I'm really hating right now how impossible to please my bf is being. *Asking for good thoughts and prayers, and hoping that everyone else is doing much better than I am.*

*Leaves some hugs to replace the ones I'm running off with*

Thanks, everyone!

--Izzy
Fire is my Element, and I love to play with it; Water is my Passion, and I live to play with it.

Night Stalker

Quote from: Izzy1337 on July 21, 2011, 08:57:18 PM
Ok, Izzy's had a bad day again. I hope nobody minds me venting a little bit. I'll try to keep the content as clean as possible. Sorry if I bother anyone.

So I woke up this morning to get ready for school, but I'm in the middle of my monthly, so my head hurts, I'm still tired, I'm cramping, and I feel nauseous and bloated. I take a Midol and get over myself, and go to school. Today is chemistry. My chem class has some of the most retarded people on the planet in it, I swear, and normally I can tune out or read over the book or something and not notice the idiocy surrounding me, but today it wasn't working. I have never wanted access to a shotgun more in my entire life. I have no idea whether I wanted to kill my classmates, the professor, or myself, but if I'd had one, somebody would've died. *Sends up a quick prayer saying thanks that I didn't have any kind of weapon.*
Anyway, survived class, but still felt icky and bitchy at lunchtime. It's custom for me to eat lunch with my boyfriend, so even though I wasn't all that hungry, we went to go eat. I had most of a sandwich from Panera. After lunch I went home and chilled out for a while, trying on some of the new clothes I had bought myself for my birthday. I found one I really liked, so I wore that one until my bf got home from work. He was decidedly unimpressed. The outfit consisted of a purple and black embroidered under-bust corset over a gray, stretchy t-shirt with a long, silver skirt. I'd thought that I'd looked damn sexy and hot and all that stuff, but all he said is that I needed a shirt to cover up my corset. He then went on to respectfully object to my suggestion for dinner, after asking for my opinion. We ended up going to Burger King, which I already don't care for, where I managed to pick out what has to be the worst chicken sandwich ever made in the history of mankind. The french fries they gave me were better, and I can't stand BK's fries. My bf has been walking on eggshells around me all night, but he hasn't tried to apologize; I'm not entirely sure he realizes he hurt me or why.
I don't know if it's just because I'm hormonal, or if it really was a crappy day, but I still don't feel great. I'm hurt and angry, and there's not a damn thing I can do about it. I'm just tired of today, and I'm tired of feeling like hell. I'm really hating right now how impossible to please my bf is being. *Asking for good thoughts and prayers, and hoping that everyone else is doing much better than I am.*

Thanks, everyone!

--Izzy

*offers more hugs and good thoughts sent your way that the days get increasingly better*
I am the NightStalker

Sybl

Thanks, everyone!

--Izzy

Offers *hugs* and a listening ear..
leaves more for all who need them at this time.

Athos

Thanks, everyone!

--Izzy

-cracks open a couple of those canned hugs and sends them your way, great idea by the way :D-

Current roleplay status:  Looking for new stories.

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"

Izzy1337

Thanks so much, everybody.

Quote from: Athos on July 22, 2011, 12:34:10 AM
-cracks open a couple of those canned hugs and sends them your way, great idea by the way :D-

And thanks for that especially, Athos, I do have my funny moments, and try to share them with others. Glad you liked it. ;D

Athos

Quote from: Izzy1337 on July 22, 2011, 12:43:44 AM
Thanks so much, everybody.

And thanks for that especially, Athos, I do have my funny moments, and try to share them with others. Glad you liked it. ;D

-smiles- No worries, darling. I'm always a PM away if you need someone to talk to.

Current roleplay status:  Looking for new stories.

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"

Oreo

*hugs Izzy* Yes, hormones can play a big part of making everything seem worse. I used to become a veritable beast during my cycle. Knowing that this is part if the problem can go a long way to overlooking some of the hurt. Though, like opening up here on E, it might make you feel better to let him know your day has sucked. You didn't give the impression that he was being mean on purpose, just insensitive. Sometimes guys don't react the same way as we ladies. If I tell my hubby his sweater looks lame, he'll still wear it and say "I like it." :P Like his flashy, lighted Raiders cap. *nodnod* He wears that for special occasions. I just silently shake my head and thank the stars he didn't decide to wear it to our wedding.

I hope you feel better soon, more grounded. *leaps around, squealing and catching canned hugs*

Ariabella

*hugs all around*

Things don't seem to be any better here and spending time online doesn't help me at all. I go through the same thing online with people that I think are friends who abandon me or I find something I enjoy doing and the fun is sucked out of it, which leaves me tired of trying or doing anything.
Read my ons/offs. Want to one-on-one? PM with ideas

Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=42859.0

http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Ariabella

Night Stalker

Quote from: Ariabella on July 23, 2011, 06:35:20 AM
*hugs all around*

Things don't seem to be any better here and spending time online doesn't help me at all. I go through the same thing online with people that I think are friends who abandon me or I find something I enjoy doing and the fun is sucked out of it, which leaves me tired of trying or doing anything.

*hugs* Sorry to hear that.
Always just a pm/im or email away if you want an ear or shoulder.
I am the NightStalker

Ariabella

Read my ons/offs. Want to one-on-one? PM with ideas

Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=42859.0

http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Ariabella

Night Stalker

I am the NightStalker

Night Stalker

*sighs* loneliness can be the pits.  One is the loneliest number alright for a reason. 
Perhaps I am just too scary for anyone to get to know*shrugs*
I am the NightStalker

Sybl

Quote from: Night Stalker on July 23, 2011, 08:50:11 AM
*sighs* loneliness can be the pits.  One is the loneliest number alright for a reason. 
Perhaps I am just too scary for anyone to get to know*shrugs*

*hugs*

I don't believe you are too scary to get to know. Not for one moment.

Sybl

Quote from: Ariabella on July 23, 2011, 06:35:20 AM
*hugs all around*

*hugs Ariabella*

I feel as if I fail, if I do not make someones day better or brighter than my own. (Even on a good day)

in RL, I am very very shy, but once I get to know someone well, I try to hang on to the friendship.

I have heard that online friendships are phony.    I do not believe that for one minute.

Before the internet there was pen pals..
I love those who have taken time to get to know me, whether I meet them face to face or through a key board.

I am not a bot. I have blood, organs, am sensitive, I cry, I hurt, and I love..

I wish I could pass on the hopes I have to make just 1 person happier today.

*hugs* all.

Izzy1337

*Hugs, love, 'n' cuddles to everyone*

@Sybl -- Sis, you make my day better every time I see your posts. *love*

@Ariabella -- I'm sorry that people abandon you, it's not a fun feeling. Please remember that not everyone is like that, and that life still holds interest even in the tough times. *cuddles*

@Night Stalker -- I agree with Sybl, and I feel your pain. I've actually been told before that I'm too scary and creepy to be friends with. *hugs*

Night Stalker

Quote from: Sybl on July 23, 2011, 02:30:42 PM
*hugs*

I don't believe you are too scary to get to know. Not for one moment.

*hugs back* Thank you.
I am the NightStalker