Seeking RPG Game Table Top/Any

Started by Aikochan, June 20, 2011, 02:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aikochan

I think there is a new chart in the erata.

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 24, 2011, 11:43:50 PM
I think there is a new chart in the erata.

Ah, okies. I'll check that. :)

Hmm, if there is one in the errata, I'm not seeing it. :(

avorae

Hello I was wondering if there is still room for players in this  game. I would love to play a good game of Exalted and I am pretty familiar with both the first edition and second edition of the rules.

Oh and as for your question about merits and flaws they are in the scroll of heroes for second edition and in players quide for first edition.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Aikochan

of course its open still! I was just waiting for anyone else to speak up. I am just about ready to sit down and fix out kuje's character a bit more. I just got a little more to wait.. prolly tomorrow.

The only thing I am not allowing for players in this are syderials.

If you play another race other than solar then keep in mind the game is about solars so except them to swore and you not after awhile..

I am going to give bonus stuff for other races to have them a bit more par for characters...

Fairfolk is another one I will not allow for a player based game unless everyone wants to play fairfolk.

avorae

I know that power-wise it will be weaker than a Solar at the beginning but I was looking to play a Half-caste Martial artist who hopes to one day actually have the honor of actually impressing the the Unconquered Sun enough to be blessed with Exaltation.

If that is not acceptable then I will go with a Dawn-caste Martial artist (basically what the character would have become after her exaltation.)

Aikochan

hrmmm thats an interesting concept... What would the half caste be exactly? 2nd ed rules are a bit different when it comes down to half castes now. Its mostly now that solar charms are so much better than anyone else's its assumed you won't want any other charms since only a half caste, and ecplise can even get them and there are some neat tricks other caste's get that no one else can do. Like god's blooded as a good example, or Fae-blooded.

Aikochan

Kuje are you still around? My friend wanted me to tell you to post your Instant Messenger link in your profile. They are interested in starting an exalted thread here soon, and all that. I can still run and such but we are trying to get a group going. If your interested.

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on July 01, 2011, 01:02:08 AM
Kuje are you still around? My friend wanted me to tell you to post your Instant Messenger link in your profile. They are interested in starting an exalted thread here soon, and all that. I can still run and such but we are trying to get a group going. If your interested.

If he/she is approved, they should be able to see my IM handles on the left of their screen, under my screen name. :)

Aikochan

Yuppers, their a Dame so :) Ok I will let them know. You umm have any questions for me about your character stuff? I have a few places we start the game at.

There is my area I cooked up by north east of lookshy.
There is a regular area in the game.
I'd prefer we stay away from the west for now as its complicated for me to run. Its alot of ocean and sea monsters of all kinds. So really the only reason to play in the west is for dragon blooded, and if you want to do anything with a ocean boat. Pirates, Mercanary, Traders, etc, etc..

Also do you want me to make your Lunar Mate? Do you even want one? Um.. Or do you not want one till later? etc..

Trying to think....

Oh yes! Do you want the game by the book? My modified verison, and or do you want me to add in House Rules, etc..

Aka do you want this to be more story? Story + Dice Rolls? More table top like? Or a Mix between table top and story?

The difference:

Story = Its a story like Litoracy
Story + Dice Rolls = Story but instead of choosing what happens, you dice roll it out
Table Top = Its litterly as close as your going to get to a table top game. Story is more background and plot of the table top game, etc.. Of course dice rolls for everything minus minual tasks.
Table Top + Story = Table top with alot more story and can wing alot of what we do + dice rolls to help. We go more off character sheets are a guide line to what you can do in the story, etc etc.

I have no preference on the above question.

I think thats it... Oh yes..

Do you want if you go table top, do you want it to be more fighting like, and hardcore fights and everyone is out for themselves type of game or
Do you want more RP and not everyone is out for themselves :) (I prefer this one)

And this is just not Kuje to reply :) Its everyone that wants to do exalted.

Kuje

I'm open to where ever you want to start the game, I don't know enough about the world to decide. Same really with the game rules, if you have house rules, then if you want to use them, it's no issue for me.

What's a lunar mate? :)

Fighting is alright but I'd also like some RP and not a total hack and slash game.

avorae

Quote from: Aikochan on July 01, 2011, 12:59:43 AM
hrmmm thats an interesting concept... What would the half caste be exactly? 2nd ed rules are a bit different when it comes down to half castes now. Its mostly now that solar charms are so much better than anyone else's its assumed you won't want any other charms since only a half caste, and ecplise can even get them and there are some neat tricks other caste's get that no one else can do. Like god's blooded as a good example, or Fae-blooded.

I was thinking of a Solar half-caste but she does not really know who her Solar parentage is nor there actual caste. All she really knows is that they where a great champion in the village that she grew up in and that they disappeared never to return just after she was born.

Having grown up on the stories of  their exploits she decided to follow in their footsteps and began to train as a martial artist and when she came of age she set out from her village to improve her skills and to see if she can find out what truly happened to them.

avorae

Here is the basics of my character. Let me know what you think and anychanges/ mods you feel I should make.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name:     Esmerelda
Version:  1
Player:   Avorae 
Type:     Half-caste 
Concept: Traveling warrior
Motivation: To find her true parents
Intimacies:
Experience: 0

ATTRIBUTES
Physical
  3  Strength   
  4  Dexterity 
  3  Stamina   
Social
  2  Charisma
  2  Manipulation
  5  Appearance
Mental
  2  Perception   
  2  Intelligence   
  2  Wits                

ABILITIES
(Indicate caste/favored with * in front of ability name)
Dawn
  0  Archery
* 4  Martial Arts
  1  Melee
  2  Thrown
  0  War
Zenith
  1  Integrity
  0  Performance
  1  Presence
  1  Resistance
  2  Survival
Twilight
  0  Craft (air)
  0  Craft (Earth)
  0  Craft (Fire)
  2  Craft (Water) 
  0  Investigation
  2  Lore
  0  Medicine
  1  Occult
Night
* 3  Athletics
  1  Awareness
  2  Dodge
  1  Larceny
  2  Stealth
Eclipse
  0  Bureaucracy
  2  Linguistics
  -Low Realm
  -Riverspeak
  -Tribal [Kul-te'k]
  -Tribal []
  -Tribal []
  -Tribal []
  0  Ride
  0  Sail
  0  Socialize

BACKGROUNDS
  5  Inheritance
  3  Resources   
  2  Artifact [Discreet Essence Armor]
  1  Artifact [Sling of Deadly Prowess]

THAUMATURGY

TRAITS
Virtues
  2  Compassion
  3  Conviction
  2  Temperance
  2  Valor

5  Willpower

2   Essence
  38  Personal
  00  Peripheral
  08  Committed

CHARMS

GEAR

ATTACKS
Sling of deadly prowess - +5 speed | +3 att | +5L dmg | +x def | 2 rt | 200 rng
Weapon- +x speed | +x att | +xL dmg | +x def | x rt | x rng

DEFENSES
Discreet Essence Armor - +7 B | +7 L | 0 mp | 0 ft | Hardness[ 3 L/3 B]
Item - +0 B | +0 L | 0 mp | 0 ft | Hardness

COMBAT
3  Join Battle (wits+awareness)
Defense
4 Dodge DV
6 Parry DV
5 Dodge MDV
5 Parry MDV 
Penalties
0  Mobility Penalty
0  Fatigue
Soak
10 Bashing (sta+armor)
8  Lethal  (1/2 sta (round down) + armor)
7  Aggravated (armor)
Move
08  Combat (1/2 of run, round down)
16  Run (dex+12)
32  Sprint (dex x 3)+20
03  Combat Vertical Leap (1/2 of V leap, round down)
06  Combat Horizontal Leap (1/2 of H leap, round down)
06  Vertical Leap (Str+athletics)
12  Horizontal Leap (Str+athletics)X2

Wounds
0  []
-1  [][]
-2  [][]
-4  []
Inc []

POSITIVE MUTATIONS
Night Eyes [1]
Stone Hands [1]
Hereditary Position [2]
Material Resonance [2]
Caste Affinity [4]
God-Blooded Prodigy: Athletics [4]
Immortality [4]
Essence Abundance [6]
Perfect Healing Factor [6]

NEGATIVE MUTATIONS

MERITS
Acute senses (hearing, smell)

FLAWS

BP SPENT
--------
12 Essence 2
1  Acute senses [Smell]
2  accute senses [sight]
4  Stat [appearance]
1  skill [Martial art]
1  skill [athletics]

Aikochan

I talked to a friend of mine that knows exalted better than me. You can't do a solar half caste. Your better off making a straight solar. Because I am running this when solars just came back to the world. So there really is no solar's that could be your parents. You need a solar at essence 4 minium so no thats not happening, there are only 150 solars at the moment, and well you may not get a solar that has 4 essence yet, unless you want to start in the far future of the game setting, otherwise, You really want me to add in more higher essence solars 4+ for you handle in the game and they do gain experince as experince is given out too. So the world does advance as well :)

I am not trying to be rude, or anything. I am just giving you an explanation of why this won't work.

When you said half caste though, I thought you meant before your exaltation, and I thought you were going to do a half-caste other species that exalts into a solar too.. so I didn't think you were just going just a straight solar-half caste.

I do have house rules for half caste other exalted.

Not saying your idea can't be done period.. It just means I have to change the game setting I was going to do. I had to ask a friend exactly how solar half-caste's work. I only knew half-caste solars for 1st edition.

avorae

I can easily  change it to another half-caste or even make it a full Solar which ever works best for you.

Aikochan

well ok, I will explain castes and my house rules for it afterwards, if your kewl with house rules.

Half Caste Solar won't work at all unless we do a future thing and I would have to wing the entire game period... So if you want me to wing the whole game thats fine... I can do that and is kinda easier but then you gotta realize nothing will be canon then.. Nothing will be by the book at all minus most rules.

So I will leave the decision up to you, If you want to change half-castes. kewl pick one a race and will give you my rulings. If you want to go full solar go for it. But if you decided you want half caste, then you need to ask Kuje if he is ok with this. :)

Pick from the list of exalted I gave.

avorae

Well lets see going over the list of exalts it looks like the breakdown is this...

Dragon Blooded: Not a viable half-caste

Lunar: destroyed with the Solar during the purge meaning not going to be any able to sir a half caste.

Sidereal: Plenty of them survived which makes them feasible as a half-caste

Fair folk: Not viable as you stated no Fair folk unless we all agree to play one

Abyssal: I don't do evil characters but could be interesting to have one that is going against her nature.

Infernal: Same as the abyssal

So that leaves me with three choices: Sidereal, Abyssal, and Infernal. Of course this all depends on if Kuje is ok with me playing a Half-caste or if he is fine with the game being set further into the future.

As for me I may be familiar with the rules but as far as the fluff is concerned I never really paid any attention to it so it really won't bother me if you decide to go with a future/alternate timeline.

As for house-rules I have no problem with them and would love to see what they are.

Kuje

It don't matter to me, my char's history is vague enough that it can fit anywhere. So, sure, anything works for me.....

Aikochan

Quote from: avorae on July 02, 2011, 11:19:49 AM
Well lets see going over the list of exalts it looks like the breakdown is this...

Dragon Blooded: Not a viable half-caste

Lunar: destroyed with the Solar during the purge meaning not going to be any able to sir a half caste.

Sidereal: Plenty of them survived which makes them feasible as a half-caste

Fair folk: Not viable as you stated no Fair folk unless we all agree to play one

Abyssal: I don't do evil characters but could be interesting to have one that is going against her nature.

Infernal: Same as the abyssal

So that leaves me with three choices: Sidereal, Abyssal, and Infernal. Of course this all depends on if Kuje is ok with me playing a Half-caste or if he is fine with the game being set further into the future.

As for me I may be familiar with the rules but as far as the fluff is concerned I never really paid any attention to it so it really won't bother me if you decide to go with a future/alternate timeline.

As for house-rules I have no problem with them and would love to see what they are.

Ok. For hast-castes the list goes

Solar = Future only
Fae-Blooded = This is fine
Beastman = I am not sure what they get out of it and not sure if its considered half caste. I don't know if there is a lunar half caste)
Godsblooded = This is fine
dragonbloofed = I think its called that yet again not sure if you can do that as a half-caste
Abyssal, Siderial, Infernal - I am not allowing as half castes..

Do you knows of any others and if you know of what all the half castes are? or what book they are in? or what page if you two can help me out I am sick atm

avorae

Yea I can tell you exactly what they are and the book it is in.

The book is called Scrolls of heroes and the list of half-breeds is like this:

God-Blooded: The children of Gods and Elemental

Demon-Blooded: Children of the Demons

Ghost-Blooded: Children of the Ghosts

Half-Caste: Children of the Exalted [Unconquered Sun, Luna, The maidens, or the Abyssal lords]

Fae-Blooded: Children of the Fair folk

Aikochan

ok great. :) thanks much. Now pick one of those..

The only thing I am uncertian of is really going as an abyssal and infernals.. You'll have to really impress me with story as to why their not corrupt.. and why they would exalt as an exalted.

avorae

Well seeing as Kuje doesn't mind doing a future setting and you mentioned that it would be a little easier on you I really would like to play the one I have sent with any modifications that you feel are needed.

Of course that is if both of you are still ok with it that is....

Kuje

Totally doesn't matter to me. :) As I've said, I don't know enough of the setting to say yay or nay and I made my background vague enough that it could fit any where, I think.