Previous topic - Next topic

Lirliel

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on January 24, 2012, 02:54:33 AM
The Secret Window?

Correct.

At Les Man.

Something by Kevin Smith.

Dogma or Mallrats
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Shiny

Les Man: I  vote Donnie Darko.

Nothing great, but for someone to share their thoughts.

Lirliel

Time to reboot this methinks.

"Maybe I finally found it, way down here in the mud. Maybe from down here I can start up again, be something I can be proud of, without having to fake it, be a fake human being. "
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Dovel

Quote from: Lirliel on July 03, 2012, 09:03:16 AM
Time to reboot this methinks.

"Maybe I finally found it, way down here in the mud. Maybe from down here I can start up again, be something I can be proud of, without having to fake it, be a fake human being. "

Oh, that is from Platoon. I think ~smiles~  and now that I think about it I laugh because of that commercial with Charlie Sheen. "Don't re-enact scenes from Platoon with Charlie Sheen"...

I shall leave one also for those interested in guessing.

"I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life; my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die."
Now we live, tomorrow not
Enjoy your pleasures, lest they rot
Let not them pass this very day
For on the morrow regret may with you stay

gaggedLouise

Deckard in Blade Runner.

A businessman, sort of: "I'm talkin' about ethics. (---) Now, if you can't trust a fix, what can you trust? For a good return, you gotta go bettin' on chance - and then you're back with anarchy, right back in the jungle."

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Captain Maltese

No idea, I am just resuscitating the thread.

"I have a bad feeling about this."

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Love And Submission

Star Was.

What does one want when one is engaged in the sexual act? That everything around you give you its utter attention, think only of you, care only for you...every man wants to be a tyrant when he fornicates.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Captain Maltese

"Quills" maybe?

"I AM....in a world...of shit."

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

Lirliel

Full Metal Jacket - Gomer Pyle. Easy man.

"Game over man, game over!"

Captain Maltese

Ahhh.... Alien 2. One of my favorite movies.

"Do you want me to skip the kissing part again?" (probably slightly misquoted)

Sylk

Princess Bride

If you've not read the actual book, you should. It's even more hilarious than the movie

"Hey, how come yours is bigger than mine?"
"Genetics"
Never underestimate the power of a single look.
    My Role Plays:  Keeping the Duchess from Harm  Rebel of Her Heart     On Flightless Wings   Hunter or Hunted My Blog  Sylken Threads

Love And Submission

tango and cash.

“I am one in a row of specimens. It's when I try to flutter out of line that he hates me. I'm meant to be dead, pinned, always the same, always beautiful. He knows that part of my beauty is being alive. but it's the dead me he wants. He wants me living-but-dead.”

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Sylk

John Fowles, "THE COLLECTOR"

"I wish my hair smelled like corn silk"
Never underestimate the power of a single look.
    My Role Plays:  Keeping the Duchess from Harm  Rebel of Her Heart     On Flightless Wings   Hunter or Hunted My Blog  Sylken Threads

Lirliel

Rebooting this once more:

"Loneliness has followed me my whole life. Everywhere. In bars, in cars, sidewalks, stores, everywhere. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man... June 8th. My life has taken another turn again. The days can go on with regularity over and over, one day indistinguishable from the next. A long continuous chain. Then suddenly, there is a change. "

JoanathaRain

I do say, Madam that quote is Taxi Driver 1976, good movie. Lot's of interesting Mise-en-scene.

Lirliel

You are quite correct, feel free to choose your own.

JoanathaRain

It's a bit of a long one but it's a good one never the less.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. I'm not sure who the first person was who said that. Probably Shakespeare. Or maybe Sting. But at the moment, it's the sentence that best explains my tragic flaw, my inability to change. I don't think I'm alone in this. The more I get to know other people, the more I realize it's kind of everyone's flaw. Staying exactly the same for as long as possible, standing perfectly still... It feels safer somehow. And if you are suffering, at least the pain is familiar. Because if you took that leap of faith, went outside the box, did something unexpected... Who knows what other pain might be out there, waiting for you. Chances are it could be even worse. So you maintain the status quo. Choose the road already traveled and it doesn't seem that bad. Not as far as flaws go. You're not a drug addict. You're not killing anyone... Except maybe yourself a little. When we finally do change, I don't think it happens like an earthquake or an explosion, where all of a sudden we're like this different person. I think it's smaller than that. The kind of thing most people wouldn't even notice unless they looked at us really close. Which, thank God, they never do. But you notice it. Inside you that change feels like a world of difference. And you hope this is it. This is the person you get to be forever... that you'll never have to change again.

Bruja

Laura J Burns.... I had to google that....is that cheating?

My favorite :

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.

JackWhite

Quote from: Rapt on February 09, 2013, 08:40:51 AM
Laura J Burns.... I had to google that....is that cheating?
You are allowed to when the input stands longer than 24 hours.

Bruja

Quote from: JackWhite on February 09, 2013, 08:41:59 AM
You are allowed to when the input stands longer than 24 hours.

Oops.shouldve read the rules.....sorry

JoanathaRain

It wasn't exactly right though. It was from Everwood.

Bruja

Then google is a liar!....sad no one guessed mine :(

Of course I looked further and found it. Oh well.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far"

JoanathaRain

Quote from: Rapt on February 10, 2013, 05:35:25 AM
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far"

I do believe Roosevelt said that.

Trieste

The first one was Helen Keller - I didn't put up the answer because I couldn't think of a quote to replace it with.

Second one was Teddy Roosevelt (so as not to confuse with FDR) - think it was a little after he became president.

Quote from: JoanathaRain on February 10, 2013, 10:36:30 AM
I do believe Roosevelt said that.

Since you didn't add a quote after guessing, I hope you don't mind if I do. :)

If you're going to martyr yourself, Abbe, do it for God, not the chambermaid.

JoanathaRain

I had a quote in mind T_T I just wanted to know if I was right or not....¬

My quote was going to be this:

Quote“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you”