News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Making a mockery of the current political system

Started by Aludiana of the Dusk, February 07, 2011, 07:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aludiana of the Dusk

I was going to post this elsewhere, but since it involves politics I thought here was maybe the best place. Feel free to move it or lock it or whatever if this isn't the place for such things.

I for one, am fed up with the direction politics have taken in this country. I hate how it's polarized people and how radical and hateful the rhetoric has become and how hateful and violent people are behaving. It's disgraceful. And its already 2011, people are going to start campaigning for presidential nomination this year, and then president. And they'll promise they'll run clean campaigns and not to point any fingers, but they will. And I've had it. I was ready to wash my hands of the whole voting thing, and then it occurred to me,  that isn't fighting back. Politicians like voter apathy, because if you don't vote, you can't vote against them. So I'm fighting back by making a mockery of the political system.

During the recent hung parliament debacle in England, one of the Daily Show's commentators, John Oliver mentioned that one of the Queen's corgis would be appointed interim prime minister if a decision couldn't be reached by the candidates. (You can watch that clip herehttp://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-may-10-2010/clustershag-to-10-downing---hung-parliament) One of my friends linked me that clip in a recent conversation, and that gave me an idea. We exchanged several comments along the lines of "really how badly could a corgi mess things up? it couldn't get any worse than it is now." Then it hit me. I have my way to fight back against a political climate I find more and more intolerable each day.

I can create a farcical political party, name a candidate and post campaign ads on youtube. And that's what I intend to do; to create a Welsh Corgi centric political party, nominate my Welsh Corgi as the party's presidential candidate and create campaign ads with a camcorder and post them on youtube. And, I can do it without smearing mud across the names of the other candidates. I can also poke fun at some of the ridiculousness that happens in politics (such as people who are on their 3rd or 9th spouse campaigning for family values)
~On Hiatus Indefinitely~

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Aludiana of the Dusk

Quote from: Oniya on February 07, 2011, 07:26:03 PM
Precedent:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-Night_Party

Haha! That is all kinds of awesome. It never occurred to me that people might actually cast votes for Ein (my corgi). Although it would be cool.
~On Hiatus Indefinitely~

Oniya

The fact that he is both Welsh (and I am a Cymru-phile) and named after the Welsh corgi in Cowboy Bebop already gives him awesome points.  I'd still have to hear how he stands on the issues, but the other candidates are already playing catch-up.  ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Aludiana of the Dusk

Ein is Pro-spaghetti; Ein will never take away your right to enjoy spaghetti.

Ein believes in family values, and that in the center of every family is a dog.

Ein also believes in education reform, and will see to it that all domestic pets have the right to a high school diploma.

Ein is a green candidate. Seriously, he was briefly dyed green with kool-aid and came to appreciate the difficulties of being green.

Ein believes in creating jobs by convincing people to adopt pets, because if you pet a dog, you'll have a job for life.

Ein believes in controlling the pet population by having your pets spayed or neutered.
~On Hiatus Indefinitely~

DudelRok

Quote from: Aludiana of the Dusk on February 07, 2011, 08:32:30 PMEin believes in controlling the pet population by having your pets spayed or neutered.

If Ein isn't, himself, that could cause some serious scandal. :O

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Oniya

Aludiana of the Dusk

Quote from: DudelRok on February 08, 2011, 04:04:26 PM
If Ein isn't, himself, that could cause some serious scandal. :O

Oh, Ein is.

Quote from: Oniya on February 08, 2011, 04:32:39 PM
What is Ein's position on cats?

You know, Ein has always really LOVED cats, especially kittens. So I asked him what his position on cats was; and I got
"Cats are good friends."
~On Hiatus Indefinitely~

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on February 08, 2011, 04:32:39 PM
What is Ein's position on cats?

Lightly grilled in a red wine sause with A1 on the side. Crispy on the outside but still red in the middle. :D