WoW: Cataclysm. Can you wait? o3o

Started by Wolfy, July 03, 2010, 02:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryven

Quote from: Aiden on December 29, 2010, 11:02:39 AM
A little while back Battle.net introduced the RealID system, think of it as a way to bundle all your blizzard products together.

It ties your wow account to any other blizzard games (you own), Sc2, diablo2, war craft 3 etc

When you friend someone (Like if it is a messenger)
You can see and talk to them cross server/faction and even game, it's pretty awesome.

Ooooh, okay.

Well, I guess I could try playing alliance. >.>  I just don't like playing solo all the time.  Apart from not being able to do some of the quests that require more than 1 person, it gets lonely. :(

Aiden

I wish there was more options to play with players on E, but we are all spread out over the vast amount of servers.

If you do end up playing horde one day and go to Velen, I can hook you up with gold.
On Thunderhorn (josi's server) It is rough since I started totally fresh.

But with all the changes in cataclysm, there is lots of stuff to make leveling easier, the game does not even have that many group quest anymore.

Ryven

Quote from: Aiden on December 29, 2010, 11:32:41 AM
I wish there was more options to play with players on E, but we are all spread out over the vast amount of servers.

If you do end up playing horde one day and go to Velen, I can hook you up with gold.
On Thunderhorn (josi's server) It is rough since I started totally fresh.

But with all the changes in cataclysm, there is lots of stuff to make leveling easier, the game does not even have that many group quest anymore.

Well, I've been playing horde since I started way back in the day.  I still have all my horde characters on my other servers.  I just don't have any on Velen.

I've noticed leveling is easier.  I made it to my low 30s in a matter of hours.

Edit:  Made a Draenai on Thunderhorn.

The Golden Touch

Quote from: Aiden on December 29, 2010, 10:31:45 AM
I abuse the crap out of the broadcast system with my friends.

He really does. >>;; Its bad.  My worgen is just sitting there. Gah...

-Flails-

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Vincent

So, has it come time for us to gather once moar?
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.
Douglas Adams

Proud Owner of what is His.

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Ryven

Now I need names to facilitate the socializing.

Quote from: Vincent on December 29, 2010, 05:38:46 PM
So, has it come time for us to gather once moar?

Mebbe :O

Vincent

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Ryven

Quote from: Vincent on December 29, 2010, 05:43:46 PM
* plants Horde banner, goes troll.*

Hey mon.  Stay away from da voodoo.

The Golden Touch

Vincent

Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Aiden

What is your name in game Ryven?
I'm
Ulfrick on Thunderhorn, I can invite you to the guild me and Josi are in 

Ryven

Quote from: Aiden on December 29, 2010, 06:15:02 PM
What is your name in game Ryven?
I'm
Ulfrick on Thunderhorn, I can invite you to the guild me and Josi are in

I have a level 10 paladin named Elvegast.

Aiden

Flower

*gigglefit at the How Bad is Your Guild*

Flower

I found this one funny since I have ran into all the types of people he describes in the video.

World of Warcraft: How to Win at Pugs and Gearscore (WoW Machinima)

Lyell

When DPS says 'go' when I'm tanking I take longer to start the pull on purpose.
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.

Flower

I just hate when tanks do not want to wait while I regain mana. It makes me grumpy  :-\

The Golden Touch

I usually ask if the DPS wants to tank when they start bitching.

Lyell

I'm something of a bitter tank. I spent years as a paladin, watching everyone's bars, monitoring the threat situation, using every tool in my kit AND assigning CC (save for the end of Wrath when we were conditioned to believe heroics should be steamrolled) for situations that demanded it. That Cataclysm demands that kind of coordination and management isn't lost on me.

Healers love me because I always wait for some kind of ready signal on their part: Earth Shield, Bubble, Lifebloom or Beaconing. That's it. The healer's mana regen sets the pace, tank plans the encounter and DPS CCs and watches casters for interrupts. If you run into a group that understands those concepts you're set for a successful run, barring the occassional boss with an 'I win' button.
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.

Saerrael

Healer here. *waves hand*

People who scream GOGOGOGO, just don't get healed. Period.
People who stand in aoe when there is room to stand somewhere else. Same. Or they get LoFed to me *laughs* Funniest Holy spell I have. Always leaves them completely disorientated <3 (and out of harms way, of course)
Tanks who don't allow CC to be used because 'they can take it', will find themselves dead, too.

But.. I do dps, as well. I quite like shadow in Cata.
When I get a bad pug, I really just do my own thing. If a mob is wacking the healer, I MC it and dps/ heal with that mob instead.

Pugs are horrible at the moment because 99% of players you encounter still think HCs in Cata are the same as HCs in WotLK.
No, you can't faceroll an HC. And I quite like you can't. *shows off his knowledge of his class* ;)

Lyell

I kid you not, this actually happened to me in the dungeon with the grounding fields. Myself (tanking) and the healer are both pallys. Have a Rogue, Mage and a Hunter.

Rogue says "dude, you have to pull the group first. Mage can't sheep the healer in there."

My response "We don't need the mage to sheep it, just stealth in and sap it."

Rogue; "...do what now?"

/facepalm

Me: "You know what? Forget I said anything. Hunter, throw an icetrap in front of the left healer."

Saerrael

Quote from: Lyell on January 01, 2011, 11:08:29 PM

Rogue; "...do what now?"

/facepalm

Bwuahahahah! E-bay? ;D

I wonder if he went to look up what the hell stealth is or what the hell sap is, later. xD

SinXAzgard21

Well... Cata is just a disappointment for me. 
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Shjade

Quote from: Lyell on January 01, 2011, 11:08:29 PM
I kid you not, this actually happened to me in the dungeon with the grounding fields. Myself (tanking) and the healer are both pallys. Have a Rogue, Mage and a Hunter.

Rogue says "dude, you have to pull the group first. Mage can't sheep the healer in there."

Rogue; "...do what now?"

/facepalm

Me: "You know what? Forget I said anything. Hunter, throw an icetrap in front of the left healer."
I use the +80 seconds sap glyph on my rogue when in grouping spec.

My last Halls of Origination group (non-heroic - I'm still 2 ilvls short of queing for heroics, which annoys me to no end because I'm held back by a damn ilvl 289 trinket I haven't found a replacement for yet, but I digress) the tank refused to use CC. And by refused I mean that I noticed which mobs were doing the most group damage and giving us trouble (hint: shadowlancers) so I strolled out and sapped one in the next group...which the tank then proceeded to Heroic Leap onto.

I stopped trying to sap things. That run didn't go very well, as you might imagine, though we did at least get Rajh, so yay, 70 JP...but still. :|

<--still thinks of heroics as BC heroics; always took LK heroics more seriously than they really deserved.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

KikuLei

I'm too cheap for WoW :'o xD , but no seriously ever since I dumped the bf I've been wanting to play. :/ Now I can't since it was his account and the password was changed. So! I don't know when or if I will come around to getting my own account. =/ I am excited for Forsaken World though.