Harry Potter 7th year A/U (Closed)

Started by LamentingQuill, August 20, 2013, 12:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LamentingQuill

Harry Potter A/U group roleplay

The search for horcruxes and the war is going to delayed a year, so we can attend the final year of Hogwarts :)

At the end of his sixth year, Harry discovers he has a twin sister named Zelda, the two of them parted after the death of their parents in effort to make it harder for Voldemort's followers to find them both. (I am open to more logical suggstions for the separation).
Transfering Zelda to Hogwarts for her final year of schooling, Harry and Zelda will embark to Hogwarts for new adventures with friends both familiar and new

I will be playing Zelda Potter and I'd like whom plays Harry to Co-GM with me. Don't like my OC? No one is forcing you to play in this game and there will no hard feelings if you do not want to, so please, no negative comments. Thank you :)

You may request a canon or you may submit here a filled out profile for an OC to be approved. Students absolutely must be seventeen or just turned eighteen for romantic relationships to take place.

I will be more than happy to NPC Dumbledore and McGonagall if no one wishes to play them, that's no problem. If anyone can think of useful things to add, please let me know.

I have no problem with tons of OC characters, but let's try and get some key canons filled too, such as:

Harry

Ron

Hermione- played by Katiana

Snape

Draco

Any other Canon you may like to request as well that I was too lazy to list, lol, just toss me a PM :)

Original Character Sheet:

Name:

House:

Appearance:

Personality:

Background:

Ons-please list the sexual even if virgin, so people know what you like and wish to have.

Sexual:

Non-sexual:

Offs- please list the sexual even if virgin, so people know what you don't like and will not do.

Sexual:

Non-sexual:

Talents:

Extra information:

(Character list and OOC coming soon- Link Navigation will be right here when threads are finished being constructed)

LamentingQuill

LamentingQuill

Katiana

LamentingQuill

Awesome, we have a Hermione now. Hopefully we can get some more canons as well as some original characters :)

Katiana

Looks like it is going to be loads of fun.

Wajin

I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

LamentingQuill

Wajin

"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

LamentingQuill

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on August 21, 2013, 02:29:56 PM
That you can :D

Feel free to submit on this thread a profile for your OC, I will approve it and you can put it on the character thread when it is made.

Wajin

Name: Masamune no Abe

House: Gryffindor

Appearance:

Background: Masamune is a wizard hailing from Japan, he's an exchange student at Hogwarts, enjoying his last school year by going to England. He is from a family of renowned Onmyōji, Japanese court wizards. He was raised getting told of his lineage, a lineage that goes all the way back to Abe No Seimei, the japanese equivalent to Merlin. During his upbringing he was taught divination and magic even before coming to school, thereby gaining a head start to most everyone else. When he was 10 his right eye was burned out by unholy flames, making it unable to regenerate. The magical creatures of Japan are much more aggressive than those of Europe, and as such the Japanese are taught a more offensive for of magic. He grew up attending the Japanese school of magic Mahoutokoro (official pottermore name :D ). When he still attended Mahoutokoro he was one of the star students, one of the most gifted wizards ever to attend the school. He opted to go to England after he was offered the position by the Headmaster of Mahoutokoro. He studied English fiercely for the next year to be able to speak relatively well with his fellow students. As a gesture of adoption, when he arrived at Hogwarts he was sorted, the sorting hat found him to be mostly fit to go Ravenclaw, his unwavering courage and loyalty to his friends though, made the hat sent him to Gryffindor. Since then he's gotten along great with the rest of the 7th years.

Personality: Masamune is a friendly guy, he likes spending time with his friends, but also values solitude. He is willing to go above and beyond for those he like and can often be found helping others with their homework. He can seem a little distant till you get to know him since he's really aware of his accent and different appearance.

Ons

Sexual: Blow jobs, long foreplay, kissing

Non-sexual:Humour, Smarts, cuteness, kindness.

Offs

Sexual: He doesn't know as he's only had sex twice, which was really plain stuff, which he loved

Non-sexual: jerks, bullies, impoliteness, rudeness against women

Talents: Masamune possesses extraordinary abilities within the disciplines related to Onmyōdō, those being Potions, Divinination and Defence against the dark arts. Likewise due to his fascination with shape-shifters and animagi he is quite good at Transfiguration, but it is only enough to get Exceeds expectation. His skills in defence against the dark arts are to such a degree that he can perform a full body Patronus, his patronus taking the shape of a Chinese style dragon. Due to being taught magic before he had a wand, Masamune is unusually skilled in wandless magic. One of the special disciplines taught in Japan that isn't taught in the west is the art of Sword Magic, a type of offensive magic that projects magic through a katana.

Extra information: His wand is made from Cherry with a tail feather from a Hōō, a japanese phoenix. He has a fake eye like Moody's but doesn't use it as it feels "Icky" to him. He talks in his sleep. He owns a Firebolt, but rarely uses it as his preferred position in Quidditch is Keeper where the speed of the broom is a little too difficult to control. When the students are in Hogsmeade, he smokes

LamentingQuill

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on August 22, 2013, 06:24:29 AM
Name: Masamune no Abe

House: Gryffindor

Appearance:

Background: Masamune is a wizard hailing from Japan, he's an exchange student at Hogwarts, enjoying his last school year by going to England. He is from a family of renowned Onmyōji, Japanese court wizards. He was raised getting told of his lineage, a lineage that goes all the way back to Abe No Seimei, the japanese equivalent to Merlin. During his upbringing he was taught divination and magic even before coming to school, thereby gaining a head start to most everyone else. When he was 10 his right eye was burned out by unholy flames, making it unable to regenerate. The magical creatures of Japan are much more aggressive than those of Europe, and as such the Japanese are taught a more offensive for of magic. He grew up attending the Japanese school of magic Mahoutokoro (official pottermore name :D ). When he still attended Mahoutokoro he was one of the star students, one of the most gifted wizards ever to attend the school. He opted to go to England after he was offered the position by the Headmaster of Mahoutokoro. He studied English fiercely for the next year to be able to speak relatively well with his fellow students. As a gesture of adoption, when he arrived at Hogwarts he was sorted, the sorting hat found him to be mostly fit to go Ravenclaw, his unwavering courage and loyalty to his friends though, made the hat sent him to Gryffindor. Since then he's gotten along great with the rest of the 7th years.

Personality: Masamune is a friendly guy, he likes spending time with his friends, but also values solitude. He is willing to go above and beyond for those he like and can often be found helping others with their homework. He can seem a little distant till you get to know him since he's really aware of his accent and different appearance.

Ons

Sexual: Blow jobs, long foreplay, kissing

Non-sexual:Humour, Smarts, cuteness, kindness.

Offs

Sexual: He doesn't know as he's only had sex twice, which was really plain stuff, which he loved

Non-sexual: jerks, bullies, impoliteness, rudeness against women

Talents: Masamune possesses extraordinary abilities within the disciplines related to Onmyōdō, those being Potions, Divinination and Defence against the dark arts. Likewise due to his fascination with shape-shifters and animagi he is quite good at Transfiguration, but it is only enough to get Exceeds expectation. His skills in defence against the dark arts are to such a degree that he can perform a full body Patronus, his patronus taking the shape of a Chinese style dragon. Due to being taught magic before he had a wand, Masamune is unusually skilled in wandless magic. One of the special disciplines taught in Japan that isn't taught in the west is the art of Sword Magic, a type of offensive magic that projects magic through a katana.

Extra information: His wand is made from Cherry with a tail feather from a Hōō, a japanese phoenix. He has a fake eye like Moody's but doesn't use it as it feels "Icky" to him. He talks in his sleep. He owns a Firebolt, but rarely uses it as his preferred position in Quidditch is Keeper where the speed of the broom is a little too difficult to control. When the students are in Hogsmeade, he smokes

Don't go overboard with the sword magic and Masamune is approved.

Wajin

Seeing as he has a wand I was thinking it was just something he did to show off or at very special occasions, not like... he constantly walks around with a sword :P

LamentingQuill

come on people, some of the most coveted canons are still available ;)

Julles

-peeks head up- I would be interested to play a character, but most likely not a canon.  :P

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Julles on August 22, 2013, 04:07:59 PM
-peeks head up- I would be interested to play a character, but most likely not a canon.  :P

Well, you know where the application is. Have at it.

himawari

i'm up for it. oh ho ho.

my HP OC is Draco's girlfriend and Hermione's best girlfriend.. >w<
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Himawari’s Fields of Ideas

LamentingQuill

Quote from: annarose on August 23, 2013, 09:44:57 AM
i'm up for it. oh ho ho.

my HP OC is Draco's girlfriend and Hermione's best girlfriend.. >w<

Actually, I'd rather you didn't set up pre-arranged relationships with canons when that canon is not yet casted and the writer of said canon may not be agreeable to it.

LamentingQuill

Still need key canons like Harry and Ron, though I would hardly turn down others canons, need canons too badly.

PoppyHoneymeade

To be fair to Anna Rose, you haven't cast Harry and your OC is apparently his twin sister... so a bit of a stones in a glass house moment? Though I agree that you should be sure that the other player is okay with your plans before just saying "I'm his girlfriend and her best friend" the same could be said of "I'm his twin sister and we're all going to be great friends and go on adventures" and you didn't want negative comments about that...

I will say though that Hermione's best friends are Ron and Harry, followed by Ginny and Luna... I'd suggest playing a Ravenclaw and working on becoming friends with Hermione, maybe they haven't really spoken much til now but they meet through Luna (with various players' agreement) and hopefully hit it off? Ditto planning to be Draco's girlfriend, if the other player is interested in the possibility of a relationship maybe you could RP getting paired together in potions class or something. *shrugs* That's just my thoughts on the matter anyway.

Wajin

Quote from: PoppyHoneymeade on August 24, 2013, 03:01:17 AM
To be fair to Anna Rose, you haven't cast Harry and your OC is apparently his twin sister... so a bit of a stones in a glass house moment? Though I agree that you should be sure that the other player is okay with your plans before just saying "I'm his girlfriend and her best friend" the same could be said of "I'm his twin sister and we're all going to be great friends and go on adventures" and you didn't want negative comments about that...

When did she ever say that they were great friends? She just stated that she was his sister, and that they were gonna have fun, which is not that unlikely, with friends old and new. There's a huge difference between setting oneself up as a family member and a girlfriend. The girlfriend part takes the freedom of romantic choice away from whoever played the other canon, while the family part merely means they share blood, not that they in any way have a relationship or that they even like one another

PoppyHoneymeade

I very much get your point, there is a big difference between familial relationships and interpersonal relationships it was rather what I was hoping the GM would point out politely and concisely.

"Interpersonal relationships are probably best arranged between players and created during RP, but there's lots of ways you can achieve that." Might have been a little better.

I was mostly pointing out that it's easy for someone to see the GM going "I'm a canon character's sister" and think that means it's okay to do the same with any canon character and any form of relationship. It's not but the reasons why need to be explained so that people reading this can see that there is a difference and where the line is or it comes across as 'one rule for me, one for everyone else.'

LamentingQuill

I am very sorry everyone, it really breaks my heart to do this, but I cannot continue with this roleplay. It was something I was really excited and passionate about, but apparently accord to PoppyHoneymeade, I am committing a grievous crime by giving Harry a living relative that can help him get through his trials, relate to his feelings and understand him on a level thats others may not be able to.

I would have been more than happy to work with Anna if she had come to me and I would have explained why it wouldn't be right to give Draco a pre-arranged girlfriend without waiting for the character to casted and discussing it with the canon's writer.
No one however bothered to send me any messages to become more clear on the whole issue, which really bothered me when I find that the issues are not being addressed discreetly and privately as a courtesy to me and those involved, but publicly right here.

I do not know if I will ever bring back this rp, but if I do, I will let everyone that contacted me with interest know about it.

Katiana

I am disappointed that someone decided to troll here. Lamenting quill was neither rude nor mean in her message to Annarose. As the person who was to play Hermione I agree, I'd rather not have my character told who they have to like or dislike. I chose to play because I thought Harry having a twin sister was an interesting twist. She also did not say anyway how Zelda and Harry would interact leaving space for someone who wanted to play Harry to interpret him and the relationship in their own way.

If you decide to continue I will always be up for playing.

himawari

Imma sorry. QAQ
Didn't see everything till LamentingQuill PMed me.

I didn't know. I was just sharing about my OC. Could always change like the bio and stuff. Was just saying I was interested and just sharing it with everyone here. QAQ

It's my fault. m(_ _)m
Shouldn't have commented at all.
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Himawari’s Fields of Ideas