The Sky Knights of Aard - D&D 5e CLOSED

Started by pdragon, March 31, 2023, 03:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdragon

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 31, 2023, 04:22:39 PM
Before I submit something pdragon, would you accept the Oath of Love Paladin by Pointy Hat?
Looks good to me. Setting wise there are several Gods that would work well for love: Ava, Madama Muerta, Ardora, Lun, Mopheus & Bellarm, Yora, and of course Aardia as the most widely worshipped in Aard.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Hexed

16, 14, 6, 14, 15, 11

Well. Looks like the dice liked me this time. Even with the 6 it's a very nice set of rolls. :D

Time to find a pic and go through lore.

AribethAmkiir

Wow, so much interest already.  Not sure if you already have 10 or not.  I'd be interested in running a cleric if there's still room for submissions.

pdragon

For clarity on submissions.

Quote13. You do not need a full character sheet prepared to apply for the game. However your application will not be considered until you have at least a basic concept, race/class, and image picked out for your character.

By that criteria only 3 people have posted fully qualified submissions so far.

Request Thread

Angie

Concept: Aspiring performer who never quite made it and fell into thievery. Harbors guilt over all the thefts he did to get by, masks it with cheer and bravado. Figured "eh, why not" and asked to join the Sky Knights, showed a knack for fighting, figures this is better than stealing and he can still play his little flute.
Race/Class: Lightfoot Halfling, Rogue Swashbuckler

I started with "I wanna make a character who's super bubbly and cheerful", then it became "I've never done a halfling, can I do one of those?" and then to "Look at this little dude with his flute I love him!" I also decided to go with Entertainer background, and after trying to work in a travelling circus or performing troupe and realizing that was more Bard than Rogue, I got rid of the troupe and decided on him trying to make a living as a solo performer but never quite having enough to cover what he needed so he picks a few pockets there, swipes a few coins here, but he just always felt so guilty every time he stole coin in order to eat or have a bed. Joining the Knights was more of a "I don't really lose anything if I wash out" decision, figuring he'd at least get fed during the training, and he just ended up showing some real skill so "they let me stick around". He would never admit it, but nowadays he really wants to be a Sky Knight for both a measure of atonement, because Sky Knights get to travel a lot, and doing good just feels good!

I kinda get the feeling that characters who do good things just because that's who they are fits the feel of this world and campaign, some of the details might get adjusted but I'm definitely going "charming rogue with a regretful past" on this one.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Rummy Tum Tum

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: pdragon on March 31, 2023, 04:36:23 PM
Looks good to me. Setting wise there are several Gods that would work well for love: Ava, Madama Muerta, Ardora, Lun, Mopheus & Bellarm, Yora, and of course Aardia as the most widely worshipped in Aard.

It's either love of a true and beautiful woman, or the bromance of the party my knight shall be sworn to. Who wants the bromance?

At 2023-03-31 18:39:31, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k1a3 Result: 9
At 2023-03-31 18:39:26, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k1a3 Result: 6
At 2023-03-31 18:39:21, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k1a3 Result: 9
At 2023-03-31 18:39:16, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k1a3 Result: 6
At 2023-03-31 18:39:10, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k1a3 Result: 9
At 2023-03-31 18:39:00, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k1a3 Result: 8

Okay dice bot of Elliquiy what the actual fuck!?

FoxgirlJay

dicebot's on strike or something i swear to god

Laughing Hyena

This thing hates me a lot. :) I should respond in kind.

Rummy Tum Tum

An Oath to party friendship is wholesome as hell, ngl

...Oh my god those rolls o.o

Angie

Quote from: Rummy Tum Tum on March 31, 2023, 06:06:31 PM
Aw I love that concept and art!

Happy someone likes it!

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 31, 2023, 06:30:07 PM
It's either love of a true and beautiful woman, or the bromance of the party my knight shall be sworn to. Who wants the bromance?

At 2023-03-31 18:39:31, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k1a3 Result: 9
At 2023-03-31 18:39:26, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k1a3 Result: 6
At 2023-03-31 18:39:21, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k1a3 Result: 9
At 2023-03-31 18:39:16, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k1a3 Result: 6
At 2023-03-31 18:39:10, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k1a3 Result: 9
At 2023-03-31 18:39:00, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k1a3 Result: 8

Okay dice bot of Elliquiy what the actual fuck!?

You messed up. You kept 1, and added three. So your 9s are rolls where one of your dice landed on 6, so the dicebot kept that one, and added three. Set Keep to 3 and Add to 0, and roll again.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Laughing Hyena

pdragon

For any interested, here's an example of one of the setting's custom races. Note a distinct disdain for anything approaching balance

Slimes

The original sapient life form, slimes were born from primordial ooze, shapeless and mindless. Over millennia the slimes have slowly developed higher mental functions until they became just as smart as other races, and then continued to develop until they've eclipsed all but the smartest individuals. All slimes originated from one original individual, who would continuously grow and divide themselves to reproduce. Each time they split the two resulting copies would retain all the memories and experiences of their originator, and as such each and every slime has a memory that stretches back to the very beginning of life itself

Ability Score Increase: Your Intelligence score increases by 3, and one other ability score of your choice increases by 1.

Age: All slimes share a single originator, and thus their consciousness is technically as old as time itself. Physically slimes are "born" when one's core is split into two, the two "new" slimes already fully formed and matured.

Size: Slimes vary in size, and can even adjust their size at will by taking in or expelling liquid from their bodies, but in general slimes are comparable in size to most other humanoid races. You my choose either Medium or Small for your base size. It is impossible for most slimes to maintain a stable form above Medium size, and at Tiny or smaller a slime doesn't have enough mass to create a humanoid form.

At level 8 you can increase your base size to Large, and at level 16 you can further increase your base size to Huge

Speed. Your base walking speed is 25 feet. You have a climb speed of 25 feet and can cling to sheer surfaces, even ceilings, without difficulty.

Ancient Wisdom. As you are a fraction of the original primordial lifeform, your memory stretches back to the origin of life itself. You may not have technically seen it all, but you've seen quite a lot, and while you can't recall every piece of information perfectly, you still have a deep well of knowledge to draw from. You have proficiency in History, and can choose to roll History at disadvantage in place of any Arcana, Nature, or Religion check.

Amorphous. Due to the fluid nature of your form, you can move through a space as narrow as 4 inches without squeezing. You leave behind any items you are carrying or equipped with that aren't small enough to fit through the space you're squeezing through.

Corrosive Form. A slime can suffuse their bodies with acidic digestive enzymes that can break down almost anything. Your unarmed strikes deal acid damage instead of the bludgeoning damage normal for an unarmed strike. In addition, you are resistant to acid damage.

Ooze Nature. Your creature type is both humanoid and ooze. When you sleep your core goes inert and your body reverts to a shapeless blob only loosely held together. By moving across surfaces you can break down otherwise inedible substances to garner nutritional value.

Absorbent. Slimes are able to store an amount of liquid equivalent to the maximum weight of their base size (8 gallons for small, 60 gallons for medium, 480 gallons for large, 3,800 gallons for huge). Their bodies act as a natural filter to remove contaminents from this liquid, however you take full damage from any poison it contains and have a chance to contract any disease it carries. Excess liquid can be expelled or absorbed at any time, but you cannot expel or absorb any amount that would shift your size category below small or above your highest base size.

You are also capable of storing a single potion within your body without immediately imbibing its effects. You can administer this potion to an adjacent ally as a standard action, or as a bonus action you can digest the potion within you to gain its effects.

Versatile Molds. slimes are known for the malleability of their forms, appearing tall and lean one day, then short and curvy the next. One day their "flesh" could be solid enough to repell arrows, and then the next soft enough for them to slide right through. At the end of a short rest, you can change simple miscellaneous details about yourself such as your "hair"'s length and shape, your facial feautrues, or make yourself a bit taller, smaller, wider or thinner. In addition, at the end of a long rest, you can gain a resistance to one form of non-magical damage (bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing). This resistance lasts until you pick another damage type with this trait.

Division. Any slime of an even character level can asexually reproduce through core mitosis. This process takes 8 hours, during which time your core will split in two and create two near identical clones of yourself. These newly spawned slimes both retain all of your memories and personality, and may even believe themselves to still be "you" in a sense, but your soul has been split between them to create two new unique entities (this process does not count as death for mechanical purposes). Both new slimes share all of your base stats, racial abilities, background traits, base proficiencies, feats and ability boosts. Each new Bahra is half your character level, adjusting your proficiency bonus accordinly, and class levels are divided evenly between the two (ex. a level 4 Bahra wizard will divide into two level 2 wizards, losing all the spells and class features they recieved from levels 3 and 4). If multiclassing makes it impossible to evenly divide class levels, you may choose to assign your class levels however you please so long as both clones have an equal number of class levels. Equipment and other items are not duplicated by this process. Once the process is complete you may take control of one of the clones and continue playing them as your character (the DM can further decide to grant you control of the other clone as well, or turn them into an NPC).

Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Ooze, a dialect of Primordial. Ooze to those that speak Primordial sounds like a butchered version of Terran and Aquan. To everyone else, it is a bubbling, slushing language that sounds more like boiling mud then it does a language. In addition you know a number of bonus languages equal to twice your Int modifier.

Request Thread

Rummy Tum Tum

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 31, 2023, 07:03:21 PM
You mean to tell.me my dice rolls were worse!?

*faints*

Nope, they were definitely better

17, 8, 14, 8, 13, 11

Revelation

I hope Foxgirljay doesn't mind but I am stealing borrowing her character presentation

Further images here. NSFW content included.
Lucia Kirst
Human (Variant) Hermaphroditic female.
Cavalier Fighter 3
Background: Soldier
Mount: Tevas, Wyvern.

Backstory

Born in Gaal Gundren, she was expected to follow in her family’s footsteps as a career soldier, and to that end, her early life was that of any other child, if perhaps a little more rough and tumble than most. She knew she was a strong girl, and it was expected that such strength would serve her well. Her life was like that of most early children in the city, yet it was when Lord Ryburn led a coup over the royal family that things changed drastically in her life. Her father had always told her that if she was to follow in his footsteps, that it was to fight for what she believed in – not for the ideas of another. While the young teen did not fully understand the meaning of these words, it was the gravitas her father said them with that made her hold on to them as she grew older. It was no surprise to her family that she did indeed follow her father’s footsteps, the early training having led to a budding but promising career as a soldier even if she was unlikely to see any immediate or direct action. The young teen had blossomed into a proper young woman (Even if a training accident led to the loss of an eye), and to all it seemed as if she’d have a promising career in the Gaal Gundren army.

Then, Ryburn extended his desires for power and conquest beyond the walls of Gaal Gundren.

Perhaps there were earlier signs of the impending war, but when prince Aslan and his allies waged a war to help the prince take his proper birthright, Lucia found herself conflicted. She had trained alongside countless men and women who had sworn their allegiance to Ryburn, and many of them were friends or at least people she had known from training and beyond. It was the right thing to fight alongside them, was it not? Why did it not feel like the correct thing? She took her weapon in hand, mustering herself out alongside those she called friends, yet she held no love for Ryburn or his ambitions. She likewise felt that the man likely cared little for those under his command, those who were now fighting and dying for him.

It was when the knights offered her and her friends mercy and succor that cemented Lucia’s actions. She didn’t want her friends to die for a cause she didn’t believe in. It was then that her father’s words rung true to her, and it was Lucia who first stepped forward, casting her weapon down and accepting said mercy. She would not fight for Ryburn, she wanted to fight for the people of Aard rather than some tyrant. Some of her friends joined her, others were ready to fight to the bitter end.

Given that she had shed no blood during the conflict and that she willingly surrendered, Lucia was spared in the aftermath. What she did learn however, was her father died fighting against the Knights himself. The reason why he fought was likely something she’d never truly know, but she believed he died fighting for something he believed in. The loss weighed heavily upon her, but even then – she was committed to her desires to protect the people of Aard. While some among the Sky Knights were skeptical of letting her train to become one, her passion and desire (Or perhaps their sparse ranks and desire for new knights), won enough over that she was given the approval to begin training.

That was two years ago, and she intended to prove her mettle no matter what it took.

Personality basics: Driven and loyal, Lucia has a surprisingly kind heart beneath it all. She wants to prove herself to the world and ensure the safety of her allies. Has a strong sense of justice.

Rummy Tum Tum

Hexed

Well Hyena's stats are certainly laughing at the rest of us. O.O

Laughing Hyena

I have no problem using my originally botched rolls in fairness. Especially considering Rummy and Angie helped sort them out.

pdragon

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 31, 2023, 07:30:13 PM
I have no problem using my originally botched rolls in fairness. Especially considering Rummy and Angie helped sort them out.
Nah dude, those are once in a life time stat rolls. Don't throw em away.

Request Thread

Revelation

Ah. As much as I slightly seethe with jealousy, I don't think your botched rolls should count against you. It's not often you roll awesome stats.

AndyZ

Roll Result: AndyZ rolled: 4d6, keeping 3 dice
Comment:
Result: 1, 5, 3, 2,
Total: 10

Comment:
Result: 4, 3, 3, 2,
Total: 10

Comment:
Result: 1, 4, 5, 6,
Total: 15

Comment:
Result: 4, 6, 3, 1,
Total: 13

Comment:
Result: 2, 3, 6, 1,
Total: 11

Comment:
Result: 6, 4, 5, 2,
Total: 15

I know I still need race/class and all.  Today has been awful and I'm just slowly catching up.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Rummy Tum Tum

Quote from: pdragon on March 31, 2023, 07:31:29 PM
Nah dude, those are once in a life time stat rolls. Don't throw em away.
Quote from: Revelation on March 31, 2023, 07:31:52 PM
Ah. As much as I slightly seethe with jealousy, I don't think your botched rolls should count against you. It's not often you roll awesome stats.

Agreed

shengami

Wow, things blew up over the night. I, too, stole Jay's format and updated my submitted character. Now, I have a bunch of gold to spend and, it seems, shit to sell back. But I might leave that for if I get accepted into the game.

/sigh, my love/hate relationship with rolled stats. As in, I just hate them. So, why do I even bother still rolling? I can't explain it. Every game I run, I use standard array. Blah. Why!!! hehe Cheers All.
Am I on the hunt for a story? - Not especially...
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Laughing Hyena

Very well. In that case I shall make use of thus and have the biggest numbers in the smallest body. Finding a male goblin who isn't Goblinating an elf, woman, or elven woman is harder than it looks.

Name: Dirk

Class: Paladin (Oath of Love)

Race: Goblin

Background: Soldier
Mount: Sunder, Wyvern

At 2023-03-31 19:04:42, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 17
At 2023-03-31 19:04:37, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 17
At 2023-03-31 19:04:31, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 16
At 2023-03-31 19:04:25, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 17
At 2023-03-31 19:04:19, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 16
At 2023-03-31 19:04:07, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 15

Str: 18 ; Dex: 16 ; Con: 18 ; Int: 15 ; Wis: 16 ; Cha: 18

Backstory: Once a young orphan, Dirk was born within the orphanages within Gaal Gundren. Even for a goblin he was different in his appearance. Born without the familiar color of green that blesses his kind, he bears the crimson red upon his being and born slightly taller do that he could not hide himself amongst the children. He had no name at first. He had to earn this name as well.

Many a child looks down upon a goblin but even amongst his own kind he was strange beyond appearance. He had a certain spark behind those yellow eyes, a measure of intellect behind them. Desiring to be worthy of adoption like the other young orphans, he saw each chore as a test to prove himself worthy of it. He paid attention to his lessons on how to speak proper and how to read and write. Yet none came for the goblin. None save for one woman.

By mere chance the Sky Knight Alaana Falk was seeking out willing orphans to try out as prospects. He was youngest amongst the youth hoping to better their fates. She did not want to take him thinking him too young but he was determined and spoke from his heart. "I want to be more than what I am seen as."

Reluctantly she put him through the paces. And was surprised by how strong and quick this little red goblin was. He ran through the obstacle courses like he had everything to lose. And wrestled with the kids with understanding he cannot cheat. He earned every inch in the dirt and left no doubt of his convictions.

He earned his place amongst others seeking to pursue the position of Sky Knights. Finally he had something he could call family. And Alaana Falk was whom he considered his mother. But he did not sit on his laurels. He sought to become a knight and be one that Sky Knight Falk could take pride in.

Personality Basics: Courageous and loyal, there is nothing this small goblin won't do to protect those he calls family. He takes his training and vows as a sky knight seriously and throws his all into it. He views it as a privilege and one he must endlessly earn.

Goblin Quick Sheet
Ability Score Increase. When determining your character’s ability scores, increase one score by 2 and increase a different score by 1, or increase three different scores by 1. You can't raise any of your scores above 20.
Creature Type. You are a Humanoid. You are also considered a goblinoid for any prerequisite or effect that requires you to be a goblinoid.
Size. You are Small.
Speed. Your walking speed is 30 feet.
Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light and in darkness as if it were dim light. You discern colors in that darkness only as shades of gray.
Fey Ancestry. You have advantage on saving throws you make to avoid or end the charmed condition on yourself.
Fury of the Small. When you damage a creature with an attack or a spell and the creature’s size is larger than yours, you can cause the attack or spell to deal extra damage to the creature. The extra damage equals your proficiency bonus.
You can use this trait a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, regaining all expended uses when you finish a long rest, and you can use it no more than once per turn.
Nimble Escape. You can take the Disengage or Hide action as a bonus action on each of your turns.
Languages. Your character can speak, read, and write Common and one other language that you and your DM agree is appropriate for the character. The Player’s Handbook offers a list of languages to choose from. The DM is free to modify that list for a campaign.