What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Just started the new Splinter Cell. Give me this over the older ones any day!

Mendtos

Dwarf fort (newest release)

Penumbra

Daimon de Broken Hearted

Halo: ODST
Star wars: Clone Wars animated
Star Wars Old republic 1

Heart Owned By None, It is a broken shell of what once was. Its Light died.

I have some things going on right now with health, I am sorry replies come slow.
Love is a circle of Trust and Caring, all into both becoming One, in Completion. This is like a Ring, or a Collar.
Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

Sabby

Your behind an amusement park shooting stand. On the other side are four men, three watching what they think is the only way into that area, and the last patrolling around a smaller caravan behind them. There is a fifth man who is around the corner that the others are watching, exactly where you are.

You swiftly disarm him and place him in a hold, alerting no one, and then, you knock him unconscious and throw him out into the area that they are watching. The men immediately voice their surprise, and tentatively begin to close in to find you, but by this point, you have already slipped under the caravan and into the employee area behind the fake guns.

Before anyone can even turn to face you, you have dispatched them with a silenced round each. At this point, the final man has made his patrol and exclaims as he see's the bodies. He runs to investigate, and you vault over the stall, land behind him, place you hand at the back of his neck, and bring his face down on the wooden box in front of him hard, knocking him out.

This. Is. Awesome. Splinter Cell Conviction is how stealth should be <3

Heaven Sent Blossom

Hanging grabs and split jumps or it just isn't Splinter Cell. Plus they need to take the multi-player back to when it was awesome:-<

Currently playing Blood Money. Only professional difficulty, no restarts without death, no mission replays and no buying out notoriety. Occasionally I add "procure weapons on site" but that always falls by the way side once I get dual pistols. I'm pretty convinced this is very similar to how the devs envisioned the game should be played, the experience is a lot more interesting anyway.
It's the same as accepting death in a Fire Emblem game and trying to make do with the second-string characters, completely changes the game for the better.

LadySheikah

Lets see right now I'm playing Call of Duty: MW2

But I have also been playing Final Fantasy 13 and Heavy Rain.
llRequest & Parings O& Osll A&AsCurrent Storiesll

ღ My Group RPs ღ

ღRP Stats ღ

CLOSED! ONLY DOING GROUP RPs! (Sun, Sept 05, 2010)

WyldRanger

Trying to make time to get into Final Fantasy XIII and Mass Effect, having much more success with FF13 at the moment  ::)

Sabby

I adore Blood Money ^^ its another side of stealth. Conviction is all about speed and trickery, where as Hitman is slower, more methodic and open ended. Actually, I see Hitman as being painting, where you shape it, and Splinter Cell as being a puzzle, where you simply need to solve the linear situation in front of you.

Both work, just differently.

Heaven Sent Blossom

And one used to have split jumps but doesn't anymore:-<

Seriously though, Blood Money is such a good game. Even more so because it's the point where the Hitman series finally reached a level were it was genuinely delightful, rather than just a bundle of awesome ideas and possibilities that you want to love being held back by technology and the lack of understanding of the developers of how to realise their own ideas. Sadly instead of doggedly chasing the improvements of Blood Money and creating another step on the road to the promised land with a timely sequel(Or a second bite at Freedom Fighters, I would accept that even), they decided to make Kane & Lynch--not just one Kane & Lynch either, but two of the bloody things.
Granted they claim we're getting the fifth game in this years fourth quarter, but you never trust a publisher--you trust them even less if that publisher is Japanese and responsible for Kingdom Hearts.

Samael

I adore Hitman myself.
If you like that game, try out "The Saboteur". Sure, it is yet another game set during the WW2, and that can get tiresome after a while, but it is actually pretty fun. Love blowing stuff up, stealing uniforms, and assassinating people without anyone being the wiser that I was there in the first place.

I wish we had -more- stealth games. Nothing is more satisfying than killing someone at a difficult spot and then slink away, unseen.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Sabby

Xenophile

I'm back on Mass Effect 2 again. Playing a Renegade Femshepard Soldier.

Mmmm.
Ons and Offs
Updated 2011 June 5th A's and A's

GolGol

Just got myself the game "The whispered world". It's very nice indeed!
My game ideas: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=75040.0

Ons and Offs, the updated list,  and pictures. Updated 29/10: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4506

Discord: Plasmapudding#3339

Inkidu

Metro 2033 has some stealth in it too. It's actually quite helpful in some places. You can acquire trowing knives and a crossbow/bow and arrow (I don't know which I don't have it yet). Sure it's pretty basic and it but any guy you can take out without using a bullet is good. Basically shooting bullets in that game shooting money. Doubly so with the 4.45 prewar FMJs. 
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

Metro 2033 had the worst stealth I have ever seen in recent years >.> Its clunky and antiquated.

Daimon de Broken Hearted

Fire Emblem Ds
Fire Emblem Advanced
Fire Emblem Wii and Gc
Bleach the rpg for Ds

Someones mother.

Heart Owned By None, It is a broken shell of what once was. Its Light died.

I have some things going on right now with health, I am sorry replies come slow.
Love is a circle of Trust and Caring, all into both becoming One, in Completion. This is like a Ring, or a Collar.
Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

Rhys Ander

Right now the only game I'm playing any significant amount of is Company of Heroes, easily the best RTS I've ever played with great multiplayer action.

-Rhys

Sabby

Tomb Raider Legend. I felt that Underworld was a lot better.

Splinter Cell Conviction. I don't get what most people have against the plot... its not that unrealistic :/ White text following to keep spoilers away, highlight to read.

The Vice President is in league with terrorists who have taken over EMP research facilities, to make three very large weaponized EMP's. The point of this is to set them off in DC and therefor render the entire area powerful and in a massive state of confusion. At this time, the president shall be assassinated. It will appear to be a terrorist attack on DC, with the murderers appearing to be the good guys who tried to save the president. The Vice would be the new President, and the same faceless evil faction that has existed in American government ever since X-Files would be running the show

That's not so silly, right?

Hitman: Blood Money. I like the little hints it gives you about the political state of the world, and how cloning is the new stem cell research, a controversial topic that is ruffling feathers but has some undeniable medical advantages. That, and throwing a kitchen knife between someones shoulders as they is just damned cool.

Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion. I really wish that people would stop naming games and movies "Shadow of" >.>

Shadowsteel

Guild wars
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced
Fire emblem Shadow dragon
Sworn to the Oath of Drake

Shadowsteel's theory on the transitive property of handcuffs - through association, especially by physical contact such as hug-piles - legitimate reason is given if you have reasonable reason to apply handcuffs to one particpant, you have reason (excuse) to apply handcuffs to all of them.

OOC's Beware! Because really, when is it not
an acceptable time for handcuffs?

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on May 06, 2010, 08:13:57 PM
Metro 2033 had the worst stealth I have ever seen in recent years >.> Its clunky and antiquated.
Oh yeah, no doubt bare bones basic but it's useful for setting up. It's not a stealth game though so I don't hold that against it. At least the shooting is great and Artyon can look up. I like it for the story and the virtually hud-less display and the immersion that so many FPSs overlook (I'm talking to you Halo)

Just picked up Conviction and I like it. Mark and Execute is awesome and not over-powered at all. I like the LKP system too. It helps in flanking. Overall they made it much more dynamic. It's better than learning guard patterns. I wish they hadn't eighty-sixed the non-lethal options though. Small gripe.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

Unfortunately, Metro 2033 has a karma system that takes stealth sections into account >.> not a lot of people realize that killing anyone in a stealth level is an evil action. So unless you have a lot of patience, and don't go blazing through those levels, your going to get the evil ending. Thats what pisses me off the most. I got the evil ending because theres only so many times that I can reload a checkpoint before I say "Fuck it" and nail a grenade to a Nazi's back.

I would be playing Crimson Skies and Ultimate Spiderman, but updating my Xbox 360 without Live is just one huge hassle. The Xbox website has US, Eng, and Aus, each regional site has a completely different update, one 3 megs, another 13, and another just over 90, which all claim to do the same thing. One won't boot at all, the second gives me one flashing red light and the error message, and I'm about to try the last one now.

Skyara Snow

Half Life/Half Life 2
KotOR1/2

Xenophile

UFO: Alien Invasion is my new guilty pleasure. It's a nigh complete rip-off from ye olde UFO: X-Com. It has a free source code and it's free to download.

Google it and enjoy a viciously hard micromanagement, alien ass-kicking Turn-Based strategy game.
Ons and Offs
Updated 2011 June 5th A's and A's

Wolfy

Lately:

Halo Reach Multiplayer Beta...and damn is it awesome. o-o..Legendary Edition is a must buy for me.

WoW, of course.

Record of Agarest War

LittleBigPlanet.

And tommorow, I get to pick up 3D Dot Game Heroes! :D

And maybe after that, I'll be picking up the limited edition of Alan Wake..not sure yet.

Sabby

Resonance of Fate.

All the bullshit of a FF game with the over the top flip flopping, whirlybird shoot outs of John Woo. Kind of liking it... just feels pointless with no plot. Their last game, Star Ocean, which I really liked, actually had a plot... it was a bit confusing sometimes and the characters were kind of annoying with how long they would dwell on the current situation, but at least there was a story there o.O RoF, you get this impossible opening cutscene where both main characters have about a 90% chance of dying... then it cuts to a year later and their calmly watching tv and suiting up for bounty work. And you get nothing else for about 50 hours, apparently.