[1x1] DUEL. Not a regular RP! Come fight me, if you dare. ;)

Started by Acid, May 13, 2012, 10:49:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acid

There's a SEVERE lack of Dueling RPs in the 1x1 section.

Two of Elliquiy's greatest gladiators step into the Virtual Reality Coliseum (ver. 2.0), but only one will step out and be allowed to fuse with the Queen.
The VRC is perhaps mankinds greatest invention and also its most folly invention - the VRC has led to the downfall and enslavement of Humans. Unwilling participants of the Hivemind's games duel in a virtual reality coliseum and fight to the death.

The Hivemind, humanity's overlords, use the VRC as a form of punishment and perverse technocratic entertainment. The VRC crafts a virtual arena for the two warriors to duke it out under very specific conditions. 

That's the setup and I'm just looking for a 1 or 3 Round duel, essentially following Gaw's Laws. (if you don't know what Gaws Laws are, basically it just means don't God Mod/Cheese Whizzing. Although this is a 1x1, I'll be taking on whoever signs up for this RP. The VRC2.0 will dictate the setting, weather conditions and weapons available in our duel, but you will be RPing what the VRC gives you, although you do get to pick what kind of warrior you are.

The Duels will work something like this:

Quote//ROUND 1: //Acid vs. //[insert RPer here]

//VR SETTING: //Tron/Matrixey world.
/WEAPONS ALLOWED: All.
/WEATHER CONDITIONS: Mild summer breeze.
/OBSTACLES: One of those huge swinging axes that you have to cross in video games separates the virtual world into two sections.
Arena

Cross between that.
Various raised square columns are seen going up and down. Several flat moving platforms are hovering overhead.

----------------
//ROSTER
//Player 1: Acid
Opening Profile...

//ACID
//LEVEL: 5
//HP: 80/80
//MP: 100/100
//Age: 28
//Gender: Male
//Class: White Mage
//Weapon: Medieval Crossbow
//Special Skill: /Holy Cleansing, a divine light rains upon its opponents and the opponent's eyes are covered in soapy suds, causing extreme discomfort and a stinging feeling in the eyes. The opponent is unable to see, thus rendering them blind temporarily.
//COMBAT STYLE: //Artistic Flair /MOVESET

Quote from: CHARACTER SHEET//Player 2: (your username)
//LEVEL: (5 by default)
//HP: (Leave blank for now)
//MP: (Leave blank for now)
//Age:
//Gender:
//Class:
Class List

+Non-Magic Classes
Warrior
Monk
Samurai
Dragoon
Thief
Ninja
Dark Knight
Paladin
Hunter
Viking
Valkyrie
Pirate/Corsair
Berserker
Mystic Knight
Onion Knight
Machinist
Gunner

+Magical Classes
Black Mage
White Mage
Summoner
Green Mage
Sage
Alchemist

+Mixed Classes
Red Mage
Blue Mage
Geomancer
Bard
Beastmaster
Dancer
Gambler
Mime
Puppet Master
//Weapon:
//Special Skill: /Name, description
//COMBAT STYLE:
MOVESETS

//Barrage.exe: Non-stop flurry of not-very-damaging attacks. Keeps your opponent on their toes and doesn't give them a break, wearing down their endurance.

//Artistic Flair.exe: More attention is paid to functionality, detail and looking good, rather than physical strength. Very nimble movement. Heavy Showing-Off of skills is a side effect of the //Artistic Flair Moveset. Enemy taunting and tormenting is common among Artistic Flair users.

//SMASHSMASHSMASH.exe: HIT STUFF HARD! But slow.

PM me your CS or post it here. CS shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to fill out. First Duelist to fill it out gets to fight in the first Round.  ;)

Acid

Still looking to do this with another literate and violence prone Lord.
Or maybe I'll be surprised and get lucky and some Lady will try out dueling.

Galactic Druid

Dude!! I have an awesome idea! I've been wanting to do a few more fight scenes to strengthen my writing for acting scenes when I'm GMing, so I'd be happy to take up your request. In regards to your Matrix, world, take a look at my recent request thread:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=140702.msg6305608#msg6305608

If we could combine the two ideas somehow, I'd be a pretty happy camper!
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!