Heroines in Peril, Gloating Villainesses, and Comics!

Started by NileGoddess, April 16, 2013, 03:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NileGoddess

Ongoing Issues and Stories
Index of Characters and Issues

Readers, writers, and roleplayers of Elliquiy,
I am starting a writing project with esclavage that explores the themes of comics and superheroines, with just about every campy cliche in between. The idea is to explore a range of short stories, or 'Issues' a la a comic series that will encompass a variety of themes of a team of superheroines and their battle against evil. A central theme will involve a wide variety of characters in perilous situations with bondage, like an ode to classic damsel in distress themes. Themes like the defeated heroine strapped to a sawmill conveyor belt as she is inched closer to the spinning blade, watched over by a gloating villainess, or the heroine trapped in an air-tight room filling with water after being baited by a cunning opponent. Sometimes they may be saved in the nick of time, or perhaps their fate will be left ambiguous and up to the reader to interpret...

Not all of the heroines are quite up to par in being peacekeepers. Some have an ideal, but naive, sense of justice, or are inexperienced. Some are just cowled vigilantes who happened to be in the right place at the right (or wrong) time. A few are genuinely interested in fighting crime, others are more interested in looking perky in a leotard for the cameras and all the attention. Others are distracted by rivals within the group, and are willing to take heedless risks to come out the best. Their opponents are crafty villainesses, bent on world domination, and in one way playing with a loaded deck. Perhaps the heroines don't so much as fight them as they are allowed to fight them, simply for the sake of enjoyment as if their victory is inevitable. Still other times, they just happen to get it right, and justice prevails...at least for a while.

At its core, this idea would be driven and written by the two of us, but there is room for more interested parties, hence my posting this in the group section. What I'd like to hear from readers is how interested they would be in following along with this concept. Esclavage and I were discussing the option to bring in some reader involvement within the Issues themselves. This would entail voting on which heroine/Issue is to be written next based on a set of choices on what we have planned ahead. It could also involve offering suggestions for different scenes and scenarios, as well as chances to suggest a heroine/villainess type to see featured in an Issue, but that would depend on how popular this is with other people. However, it wouldn't be dependent on voters or participation, either; this is a project that we really want to do, regardless of any player feedback, so you don't have to feel that your participation, or lack thereof, will cripple the game.

Feel free to voice your questions, intrigue, or suggestions here. Once we are set to go with our special initial Issue that sets up the overall story, I will post all relevant links here. It will consist of a character index page, with full bios and background of the ever expanding roster of heroines and villainesses, and one main thread that will house all the Issues, all linked together for easy access and reading. Perhaps there would be room for a general chat thread for people to talk about the overall concepts and themes if there is enough participation. If you would rather not participate, then you may just simply bookmark the threads and dig in to any fresh stories that our hapless heroines might find themselves in.

Blinkin

Sadly, this sounds more like something I would enjoy writing than observing. Were you intending to use original characters, or cannon from whatever sources? I find that I prefer to read about originals and/or participate with them than the shortcut of using someone elses intellectual property.

I'm sure that I would enjoy reading, but if there was a chance of actually writing, I would kiss toes. ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

NileGoddess

Quote from: Blinkin on April 16, 2013, 06:02:13 PM
Sadly, this sounds more like something I would enjoy writing than observing. Were you intending to use original characters, or cannon from whatever sources? I find that I prefer to read about originals and/or participate with them than the shortcut of using someone elses intellectual property.

I'm sure that I would enjoy reading, but if there was a chance of actually writing, I would kiss toes. ;)

Characters were made using a variety of inspiration. A lot stem from images of existing characters from comics through the use of cosplay, but some are also entirely original. Some also bear some slight similarities to their inspiration.

vin26m

Character suggestions:

Basically, heroines who use their hotness.

Stunner - Hand-to-hand combat, gymnast.  Uses tonfas or nightsticks that stun.

Bombshell - When she runs into or hits things, she has an explosion around her that she is immune too.

Hottie - Flame projection, flight.

The Flash - Can run really fast, but has to be naked.

Blue Streak - Can run really fast and talk really fast, but has to be naked for the running.

Vixen - A literally foxy babe.

Damsel in Distress suggestions:

Stunner is beaten, held down, spread opened.  Her costume is torn, and the leader of the gang has one of her stun sticks.  He approaches her with it, his eyes glued to her crotch.

He works the stunstick inside her slow, gradually.  She's stretched to her limit.  He reaches for the switch to activate the stun...

He finds her other stun stick, then has his goons flip her over to examine her from behind...

Muse

Nile Goddess, i'd love to read your stories. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

esclavage

Quote from: vin26m on April 17, 2013, 09:23:55 PM

Stunner is beaten, held down, spread opened.  Her costume is torn, and the leader of the gang has one of her stun sticks.  He approaches her with it, his eyes glued to her crotch.

He works the stunstick inside her slow, gradually.  She's stretched to her limit.  He reaches for the switch to activate the stun...

He finds her other stun stick, then has his goons flip her over to examine her from behind...

Hey all,

I am esclavage and the other writer to this little idea.  I hope that both Nile and my writing serves as good entertainment to anyone who ends up following our little stories.   :-)

vin26m, I quoted you because we already have a few character concepts that match what you suggested.  As for the DiD scenario, I hadn't thought about it but we are certainly can explore it as a scene in one of the Issues though I plan to largely defer to Nile in the final decision making process.

Quote from: Muse on April 18, 2013, 02:18:56 AM
  Nile Goddess, i'd love to read your stories. 

Great to hear it, Muse.  We would love to have you as a reader.  Like Nile said, if there is enough interest, we can have a variety of Issues we could produce and we would let the reader pick what they want to read about next. 

I saw pale kings and princes too // Pale warriors, death-pale were they all;
They cried—“La Belle Dame sans Merci hath thee in thrall!”  -- John Keats, 1884 

Writing Drabbles - Sampler Platter
Plot Ideas -  Darkstalkers, League of Legends, Drow, X-Men, Avengers, Pokemon!!!
Posting Order -  Check Here If You Write With Me!

NileGoddess

Quote from: vin26m on April 17, 2013, 09:23:55 PM
Character suggestions:

Basically, heroines who use their hotness.

Bombshell - When she runs into or hits things, she has an explosion around her that she is immune too.

Hottie - Flame projection, flight.

Blue Streak - Can run really fast and talk really fast, but has to be naked for the running.

Vixen - A literally foxy babe.

As esclavage said, we have already come up with our initial roster. User input might come later, depending on what we have and how it caters to readers. There's still a few options we haven't explored yet, but down the road, we might poll readers on a more detailed idea for a heroine, provided a similar character doesn't exist.

And while there will be plenty of sexual scenarios, all of them won't end in rape. Some might contain very little sex at all.

NileGoddess

To all interested parties, esclavage, and I will beginning shortly. The character index is up, and the main thread that will contain all stories is up. We will be starting with Issue 0 and going from there. Please watch this thread if you are interested in any developments or updates, or just PM me.

Ongoing Issues and Stories
Index of Characters and Issues

minerva7790

Oooh, this sounds like an interesting concept, plus, your stories are always good, Nile! Will be reading this one, for sure!
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

NileGoddess