Very simple System for Roleplaing wanted...

Started by Fulgrim, April 18, 2011, 09:45:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulgrim

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I'm looking for a rather simple System I can use for my games.
Basically it only has to cover random events (say "two lovers are having fun, will the husband catch them?"), maybe considering chances (I mean there's a higher chance to get hit by a car running along the highway then walking in the park  ;) ).

I thought of using a custom sytstem yet, but I wanted to be sure that there isn't already a system that covers my needs.

Thanks in advance

Fulgrim

HairyHeretic

If all you want is to cover random events, you don't need a system, just the dice roller.

Use, for example, a single roll of a 100 sided dice.

There is an X% chance this will occur. *rolls* Ok, it did / didn't happen, and on you go.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Fulgrim

First of all, thank you for your quick help.
Well, I guess "system" wasn't the right term. But for me as freeformer everything using a dice is kinda 'stem'. Sorry about that.
Concider me eccentric, but it doesn't feel completely like fate to me when I say "1-10: I get busted, 11-100: I get away"...that's why I am looking for a 'system'.
Let's say something where I choose the likeliness (very likely - very unlikely) than  and get my 'yes' or 'no' without getting to see all the "maths".
It may sound stupid, but at some point in my life I have chosen letters over numbers and now I'm trying to avoid numbers as good as I can (in case they're mad at me) ;D

But don't trouble yourself, guys. If someone happens to know something like that, great...if not - meh - I think I'll survive  :-)

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

HairyHeretic

How about this?

http://www.fudgery.net/omnium-gatherum/random_df_roller.html

The results available for each dice are + (positive), - (negative) and blank (neutral).
Think of the event you want, hit the button and you can get a result ranging from - - - - (horribly bad) to + + + + (incredibly good).

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Fulgrim

Hairy, you truly are a god fo E!
The Fudge Dice Roller is great!  ;D
Thanks a lot man

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die