Shadowfist High School [Interest Check/Recruitment]

Started by Ciosa, July 17, 2016, 08:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: consortium11 on July 19, 2016, 01:23:28 PM
Certainly interested; just thinking about some character concepts.

*squees and pounces* Yay! Darling! <3
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

yesiroleplay

Name: Darla Nance

WIGU: Spy*.

Class Year: Freshman

Personality: Darla is bright, bubbly, inquisitive, and very, very chatty.  She’ll talk your ear off if you let her, and then talk the other ear off when you turn away.  She’s interested in people, and very caring.  She can seem fearless, or maybe she’s just so out of touch that she doesn’t realize she’s in danger.  While she doesn’t want to hurt anyone, she can be very feisty defending her friends or the helpless against someone being ‘mean’.  And she really tries not to be jealous of pretty, smart girls that have it way too easy.

Ciosa

New face claims are up, though I don't expect more work on the wiki tonight.   (Sorry, very long day and two hours of sleep.)   Going to trundle off to bed for nap or a possible coma.

Aida Rose

Name: Noah Beliveau
WIGU: Sifu
Class: Sophomore

Personality: Noah's all sunshine. She has a constant smile and a gentle, disarming aura. She's a little serious and very bullheaded when she gets an idea in her head. She believes there's a truth and it's her job to find it. This might be because she often feels starved for it, given her upbringing. She doesn't take failure well, especially moral failings on her part. Which can be tricky, given her rigid view of morality. She can be a little hypocritical, though. While she won't get a fake ID, she doesn't turn her nose up at booze offered from someone with one. She tends to get along with people, probably because she has her mother's empathy and comforting presence.

consortium11

Name: Vicount Charles Broun-Ramsay
WIGU: Ex-Special Forces

Charles is the epitome of a young English gentlemen. Unfortunately for everyone else that's a young English gentleman from 1850 and, as such, comes with a heavy dose of elitism, arrogance, smugness, casual racism, sense of his own superiority and emphasis on standing and being of noble birth. Moreover it's the epitome of a young English gentleman who's never actually been to England, instead having been born and raised in the then East India Company controlled India, and who even before he came through the portal to Shadowfist was a soldier and a killer.

Don't let that entirely put you off though. Charles can be a real charmer when he wishes, is fiercely loyal to his friends, is riotously (somewhat literally) good company when the drink starts to flow, has a deep intellectual streak and you'll find few better with either a sabre or a pistol... and certainly very few better with both. Yes, he may be the sort of upper class bad boy cad who populate Jilly Cooper novels... but there's a reason such bad boy cads have proven popular.

Now well established (and still alive) at Shadowfist High Charles is the leader of "The Harlequins", an unofficial drinking/social society that are seen as the "jocks" of Shadowfist. They form their own social elite (with Charles at the top of the mountain), throw the best parties, know all the best people and have the influence to make life either miserable or far easier for those who catch their attention. In a high school where every other pupil is some form of elite killer or athlete the traditional "jock" focus on athleticism is of less importance and instead just as much attention is paid to being socially and culturally proficient in areas that have absolutely no relevance to day to day life... if you want to become a 'quin you'd better know your Timocreon from your Archilochus and be able to explain the differences between Herodotus, Thucydides, Plutarch and Xenophon.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: consortium11 on July 21, 2016, 09:28:49 AM
Name: Vicount Charles Broun-Ramsay
WIGU: Ex-Special Forces

Charles is the epitome of a young English gentlemen. Unfortunately for everyone else that's a young English gentleman from 1850 and, as such, comes with a heavy dose of elitism, arrogance, smugness, casual racism, sense of his own superiority and emphasis on standing and being of noble birth. Moreover it's the epitome of a young English gentleman who's never actually been to England, instead having been born and raised in the then East India Company controlled India, and who even before he came through the portal to Shadowfist was a soldier and a killer.

Don't let that entirely put you off though. Charles can be a real charmer when he wishes, is fiercely loyal to his friends, is riotously (somewhat literally) good company when the drink starts to flow, has a deep intellectual streak and you'll find few better with either a sabre or a pistol... and certainly very few better with both. Yes, he may be the sort of upper class bad boy cad who populate Jilly Cooper novels... but there's a reason such bad boy cads have proven popular.

Now well established (and still alive) at Shadowfist High Charles is the leader of "The Harlequins", an unofficial drinking/social society that are seen as the "jocks" of Shadowfist. They form their own social elite (with Charles at the top of the mountain), throw the best parties, know all the best people and have the influence to make life either miserable or far easier for those who catch their attention. In a high school where every other pupil is some form of elite killer or athlete the traditional "jock" focus on athleticism is of less importance and instead just as much attention is paid to being socially and culturally proficient in areas that have absolutely no relevance to day to day life... if you want to become a 'quin you'd better know your Timocreon from your Archilochus and be able to explain the differences between Herodotus, Thucydides, Plutarch and Xenophon.

Plotting. It needs to happen. My girl's from 1850 too, but she's one of those damned colonials. :D High society though.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

yesiroleplay

One thing about the last two characters:  I think we are all freshmen no matter what our character's age? 
The first sentence in that post could be read that way anyway.  Not that it really matters.  We're all in different 'programs' so we aren't going to have many - or any - classes together, and probably won't be sparring/fighting each other during the semester. So almost all PC-PC interactions are likely to be outside the curriculum anyway.

Crash

No I checked with Ciosa and sent him a character sheet that is a Junior.  He is okay with non-Freshmen.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Aida Rose

Yeah ^^ All newly arrived students have to be freshmen, but not every student's newly arrived when the RP begins, I think.

yesiroleplay

It's not really a big deal.  Just my inner rules nazi is strong.
I like everyone's character so far.  I like some of them quite a lot.

Bloodied Porcelain

It's not a rule though. o.O You can create a character who isn't a freshman, they just had to have been at the school for a year or more by the time the RP starts.

consortium11

Quote from: yesiroleplay on July 21, 2016, 10:08:18 AM

Oh, I'm an equally bad rules Nazi myself when the mood takes me!

My understanding is that a new arrival, regardless of age, is a freshman but there's no requirement for a character to be a new arrival; my intention with Charles is that he's already been at the school for a while at the point the story begins.

Likewise also appreciating all the other characters so far.

yesiroleplay

I think we need a bar fight early in the game.  One "The Harlequins" likely started, and were certainly prominent in instigating.  Maybe over someone taking their 'reserved' table that is reserved only in their elitist minds or over some other equally turf-protecting or entitled pretext.

Other characters could be there just to relax, or by whatever other chi-driven reason, and get pulled into the fight at least as spectators/innocent bystanders, with most of us ignorant of not only what the fight is about, but what the sides are.

Aida Rose

Quote from: yesiroleplay on July 21, 2016, 10:08:18 AM

Quote from: consortium11 on July 21, 2016, 10:12:45 AM
Oh, I'm an equally bad rules Nazi myself when the mood takes me!

Lol, I was worried this game'd attract your kind.

yesiroleplay

Quote from: Aida Rose on July 21, 2016, 10:32:19 AM
Lol, I was worried this game'd attract your kind.
At least as far as I know, no one is building a Nazi character from a WWII-period pop-up juncture.
This is probably a good thing.

yesiroleplay

I tend to take things too literally.  It's part of my inner Nazi

She's a bitch.  But at least she's a hot bitch.

Ciosa

Quote from: consortium11 on July 21, 2016, 10:12:45 AM

My understanding is that a new arrival, regardless of age, is a freshman but there's no requirement for a character to be a new arrival.

Exactly correct.

Also, I'm intending to send out lists of classes that each character will be mandatorily enrolled in, and electives that they can be enrolled in.    I'll also be explaining how character progression will work inside of that context; juniors will have slightly more ability than sophomores, who will have slightly more ability than freshman.   Some characters will share classes; but I'll also detail other areas for them to interact.   Also, if there are requests for specific set pieces or places, put em here and I'll work them into the setting if I think they are appropriate.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: yesiroleplay on July 21, 2016, 10:37:35 AM
At least as far as I know, no one is building a Nazi character from a WWII-period pop-up juncture.
This is probably a good thing.

Speak for yourself. I happen to adore Nazi characters. *eyes consortium* he can speak to this. I've been trying to coax him in to playing one for me for ages.

yesiroleplay

I can't say what sort of villain consortium11 would be, but I can say that he plays the best anti-heroes EV-ER!

consortium11

You have no idea how close I came to meta-plotting this and deciding to play either a young version of either Walter Sinnett (a character Chiosa and yesiroleplay will know) or one of the Skolsung (characters BP will know) in this game.  :-)

Love the bar fight idea and more than happy to run with it; it seems very appropriate for the Harlequins.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: consortium11 on July 21, 2016, 10:56:51 AM
You have no idea how close I came to meta-plotting this and deciding to play either a young version of either Walter Sinnett (a character Chiosa and yesiroleplay will know) or one of the Skolsung (characters BP will know) in this game.  :-)

Love the bar fight idea and more than happy to run with it; it seems very appropriate for the Harlequins.

Hey, I was in Doomtown too. I know who Walter is. :p We just weren't writing at that point cause your novel posts gave me migraines. ;)

consortium11

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on July 21, 2016, 10:58:01 AM
Hey, I was in Doomtown too. I know who Walter is. :p We just weren't writing at that point cause your novel posts gave me migraines. ;)

*cough cough*

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on March 23, 2015, 09:34:50 AM
I don't know who Walter Sinnett is, but that's definitely Hardy as Sykes. o.O

;)

yesiroleplay

Quote from: consortium11 on July 21, 2016, 10:56:51 AM

Crash was in Doomtown too.  And I adored Walter.  He was such a great guy to openly fear/hate, and secretly admire/respect.

But more importantly, we need to make this bar fight happen. It will get us all into a raucous and (hopefully) non-lethal combat scene, and help us all figure out our archetypes combat abilities.
Plus, it will be way fun.

EDIT:
Quote from: consortium11 on July 21, 2016, 11:04:40 AM*cough cough*
Love that Italian girl on the Vespa.  Classic