Troubleshooting thread

Started by Vekseid, August 14, 2014, 07:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

This is a list of technical problems with the site itself that you might have. Feel free to reply with questions or comments, but remember that this thread will get pruned as its purpose is to be informative.

Help, the shoutbox won't stay disabled (or remain enabled)!

You may need to go to the theme selector in your profile and choose from one of the elliquiy2 dropdowns (for some reason, 'default' won't work).

After setting it manually, the quick theme selection should work for you.

Pages aren't changing when I know they should!

First, make sure your computer's clock is set correctly, along with the time zone. Lots of stuff on the Internet is going to break these days if your clock is out of sync.

If you know that's right, you can use the clearcookies script, below, possibly with clearing your browser's cache as well.

With us forcing https now, dealing with proxies is no longer a problem. Woot.

How do I clear all of Elliquiy's cookies?

Click here: https://elliquiy.com/clearcookies.php

This is a bit better than 'clearing cookies' as it will also purge server-side session data for you, and leave other sites' cookies intact. This also makes sure your local session cache is purged, which can fix a lot of weird problems.

Some replies in this thread are missing / the board has the wrong number of pages

You can contact any staff member and they have access to the fix scripts. Not all staff are familiar with using it, so it may not be an immediate fix, but your posts are not 'gone' gone, and can be recovered.

I deleted a PM label and-

Don't do that. Rename them instead, or if you feel adventurous, delete them from bottom to top. They are implemented horrifically, and you are gambling when you delete a PM label.

I'm having issues with my PMs (possibly caused by the above)!

If it's being told you have new PMs and you don't have any, sometimes this is just the cache getting out of whack - the software wasn't designed with caching in mind. It should resolve itself either when you get a new pm or after a few minutes, depending.

Otherwise, send me a PM about it, or post a thread in the help! forum and I'll get directed to it. I need to make manual database adjustments for this.

I may throw a "Fix my PMs" script together, if it becomes a common problem.

The custom BBCode doesn't work on the custom parts of the site

SMF has this 'innovation' called 'multiple sources of truth', which causes problems all over the place. I sometimes make a go at fixing it but obviously it hasn't worked so far.

Ultimately, when making changes to the code of the site it's a question of "Is this really worth the time involved compared to working on the new software?" there are some things that don't take me very long at all, some things have hidden surprises (like 'Why does the quick theme select work for some people and not others?'), but the entire SMF code base is an unholy mess. A lot of seemingly trivial things are not so.

I'm a Knight/Dame/Champion/Mentor/etc. and cannot use the Wiki

Access to the wiki is determined by having the Lord/Lady/Liege title in your main or additional groups. Any staff member can make sure you have the appropriate additional group and get you sorted.

I have some other technical issue with E

First, try the clearcookies script, above.

Make a post in this thread or in the Help! forum, staff and I will collate/cull answers as needed.

consortium11

I think this should probably be stickied so it doesn't fall too far down (and/or eventually off) the first page.

Oreo

Wide screen and darkblue skin wont work at the same time.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

MzNurse

I've tried several times to make the green skin my default. I can't get it to save. If I log out of E for any reason, when I log back in I have to reset and try to save again.
Mz's O.O   Mz's Downtimes   Story Ideas  Open for a few new rps. PM me.

Vekseid

Quote from: MzNurse on September 28, 2014, 10:34:58 AM
I've tried several times to make the green skin my default. I can't get it to save. If I log out of E for any reason, when I log back in I have to reset and try to save again.

You're using the 'elliquiy2' dropdown, right?

MzNurse

Yes. Dim Hon told me to use that one this morning. I did, made sure to hit save before I left my profile. Logged out to take my dad to breakfast and logged back in to the blue Elliquiy default.
Mz's O.O   Mz's Downtimes   Story Ideas  Open for a few new rps. PM me.

Ember Star

Okay. Two problems. The first isn't a big deal since I'm not that into the different colors. But I too am having difficulty getting a different color than "normal" to set and stay.

Next, is a random problem and I don't know if it's me or the site. But the last one I got made me think it was the site. It isn't consistent or often, but I keep getting "Error 502: Bad Gateways"

Scene shot of last one
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Vekseid

Quote from: Ember Star on October 08, 2014, 12:52:42 AM
Okay. Two problems. The first isn't a big deal since I'm not that into the different colors. But I too am having difficulty getting a different color than "normal" to set and stay.

I think the solution people have with bookmarking their desired variant works best. : / The code to this forum software is so fucked at so many points.

Next, is a random problem and I don't know if it's me or the site. But the last one I got made me think it was the site. It isn't consistent or often, but I keep getting "Error 502: Bad Gateways"

Scene shot of last one

That's always the site. I believe I know what's going on, but it requires taking the site down for a minute or so to fix.

Blaed

Hello there help staff and tech members. Now I took a break before some of the changes happened, and getting used to the changes is fun. I enjoy the themes and everything. But the problem I am running into right now (pardon me if it is already a known issue or something that has just been taken out in one of the waves of changes) but I cant extend the window when writing a reply. Now I tried a few things to get this to work out, changing a few settings, and also using a different browser. I did get it to work, with only firefox. Chrome, and opera it did not want to work. I can always just use firefox to reply with everything because I enjoy the bigger window to see what I am writing, I just wanted to report the issue to help out.

Thanks.

Kye

Quote from: FallenAngelNajdan on November 03, 2014, 09:10:12 PM
Hello there help staff and tech members. Now I took a break before some of the changes happened, and getting used to the changes is fun. I enjoy the themes and everything. But the problem I am running into right now (pardon me if it is already a known issue or something that has just been taken out in one of the waves of changes) but I cant extend the window when writing a reply. Now I tried a few things to get this to work out, changing a few settings, and also using a different browser. I did get it to work, with only firefox. Chrome, and opera it did not want to work. I can always just use firefox to reply with everything because I enjoy the bigger window to see what I am writing, I just wanted to report the issue to help out.

Thanks.

I'm using Chrome and the little bar at the bottom of the reply box doesn't extend it, but the little tab in the bottom right corner does.  I'm adding an picture in case I'm not being clear.

Picture of tab

Blaed

Thank you, that worked out for me. I swear that I tried it a few times before, and it did not work. But it's working now, and that is all that matters.

Shia

Hi Vekseid,

It's been years since I was active on the site and now would like to get going again :-)

Need a little help, looks like... in the meantime most of my sections (profile, messaging) got inactivated.

Thank you, in advance  O:),

Shia

Beguile's Mistress

Welcome back, Shia.  It's good to see you here again.

Since you've been Deverified check out this link.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=63450.0

It will explain what happened and how to get your account activated again. :-)

Shia

Thank you Beguile's Mistress - mail was sent to the gods  ;)

~Greetings~

Shia

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on April 04, 2015, 03:47:10 PM
Welcome back, Shia.  It's good to see you here again.

Since you've been Deverified check out this link.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=63450.0

It will explain what happened and how to get your account activated again. :-)

Verasaille

I would like to ask if there is a way to get the font on all the pages a little bit bigger? It seems the normal font is hard on my eyes to read. And yes I am using glasses. In fact I just got new ones. I can read most things fine if the font is just the next size larger.

I hate to set my pc to larger font as this seems to make everything HUGE which I don't need. Any suggestions?
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

AmberStarfire

If you press ctrl and +, it should magnify the page for each time you press it. Then when you press ctrl and -, it should make things smaller again. If it throws things off a bit and you want to reset it back to the way it was, you should have an option like View > Zoom > Reset in your browser (such as Firefox has).

Oreo

::) Amber, is it possible to set the font larger in Stylish? That way the rest of the page would remain the same. Just a thought for those that have trouble with the standard font size.

I know the feeling about the Ctrl+ and -. I have it set to larger on Chrome and it is easier to read, BUT the pictures are freaking BIG.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Oniya

Oreo - check your View menu and see if there's an option for 'Zoom Text Only'.  Firefox has it, but I don't know about Chrome.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Oreo

My firefox page is fine. Chrome is the messed up one. I don't even like to mess with it. Looking at the options it appears that one can only zoom the whole page.

I was asking more for Verasaille, since they are having trouble getting the font bigger without enlarging everything else.

Oniya

Well, now we know some more options.  :D  I didn't see a browser specified in Vera's post, so one of us is bound to have been helpful.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Oreo

TRUE. Verasaille, if you use Firefox there is an option to change the font size only. ;D

AmberStarfire

Quote from: Oreo on May 06, 2015, 09:11:13 AM
::) Amber, is it possible to set the font larger in Stylish? That way the rest of the page would remain the same. Just a thought for those that have trouble with the standard font size.

I know the feeling about the Ctrl+ and -. I have it set to larger on Chrome and it is easier to read, BUT the pictures are freaking BIG.

Sure, I could put together a theme on there no problem.

Is it all writing that would need to be resized or just post content, or certain bits and pieces? It wouldn't be hard to define the font and size.

Verasaille

Thanks for the help guys, I did find a way to make the font bigger, pictures are too, but it is fine. I have new glasses and it is hard getting used to bifocals. It's better in a way, but the thing is I have to move my head instead of just my eyes like I am used to.

I use Chrome.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Oreo

Completely understandable. I switched from bifocals to progressive lenses a while back. I thought bifocals were hard to get used to >.< , the progressive lenses were like trying to walk in a fishbowl.

You might want to try Firefox for E only. I do the opposite. I use Chrome for my email only.

Lord Rupert Everton

I can't access PM's and my account has been "de-verified" due to an issue with my e-mail account. I have followed the steps recommended and have not heard back from anyone that was supposed to assist.

Nico

Quote from: Lord Rupert Everton on September 02, 2015, 08:57:16 AM
I can't access PM's and my account has been "de-verified" due to an issue with my e-mail account. I have followed the steps recommended and have not heard back from anyone that was supposed to assist.
May I ask who you have contacted?

Lord Rupert Everton

Nico

LtSurge

For some reason Shoutbox isn't working for me, and Chat won't let me login, even though I'm using the same password

Oreo

The Chat and Shoutbox do not function for On Hold applicants.

LtSurge

LtSurge

So I take a time investment into this place, get along with practically everyone, and this is the treatment I get.

I would have some other place to vent, but I can't PM or use any means to discuss the matter privately.

Blythe

Quote from: LtSurge on September 07, 2015, 07:30:00 PM
So I take a time investment into this place, get along with practically everyone, and this is the treatment I get.

I would have some other place to vent, but I can't PM or use any means to discuss the matter privately.

There is a link in your introduction left by Lilias--follow it and create a new thread in that board should you wish to discuss the matter in a more private setting.

AmberStarfire

Maybe there's just a matter to sort out before it's resolved one way or another. On Hold looks like it's a temporary tag/categorisation while membership is decided. I'd say try and be positive, and not take it personally. It looks like those privileges aren't switched on for the temporary category you're in, so it isn't you specifically.

LtSurge

Quote from: Sherlock on September 07, 2015, 07:32:08 PM
There is a link in your introduction left by Lilias--follow it and create a new thread in that board should you wish to discuss the matter in a more private setting.

I made a Thread but it got deleted.

Quote from: AmberStarfire on September 07, 2015, 07:33:00 PM
Maybe there's just a matter to sort out before it's resolved one way or another. On Hold looks like it's a temporary tag/categorisation while membership is decided. I'd say try and be positive, and not take it personally. It looks like those privileges aren't switched on for the temporary category you're in, so it isn't you specifically.

Alrighty...

Blythe

Quote from: LtSurge on September 07, 2015, 07:34:35 PM
I made a Thread but it got deleted.

Your introduction is here, and the last post in-thread contains the link you need. There is no record of any deletions, from what I can see.

LtSurge

I figured after looking at the first Thread mentioning the decisions are non-negotiable and there would be no explanation given, why would they let a Thread like mine, asking what happened, exist in the subforum

Blythe

Quote from: LtSurge on September 07, 2015, 07:40:13 PM
I figured after looking at the first Thread mentioning the decisions are non-negotiable and there would be no explanation given, why would they let a Thread like mine, asking what happened, exist in the subforum

If you choose not to make a thread, that is, of course, your decision. It is, however, the only acceptable area in which you may discuss the application decision or any questions you may have about what a Hold constitutes.

Should you have further queries, please use the board provided and not this thread.

Verasaille

Hello, I have an IC thread for a group game, here:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=240864.25

I cannot access it, when I do click on it I get a page that won't let me access bookmarks, or links or reply to the thread.

I asked Oreo and was sent here. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Nico

Quote from: Verasaille on January 09, 2016, 03:41:08 PM
Hello, I have an IC thread for a group game, here:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=240864.25

I cannot access it, when I do click on it I get a page that won't let me access bookmarks, or links or reply to the thread.

I asked Oreo and was sent here. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
No clue what might be wrong. I can access the thread without trouble.

Oreo

I just noticed that the thread number ends in .25.
Can you access it through the original topic number of https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=240864.0

Verasaille

No one else is having trouble posting, All I get is a page with the SB at top and a line below with the buttons for Wiki, blogs, dice bot,etc. And nothing below that but this:

SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
XHTML - RSS - WAP2
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.

No reply window, and nothing else but blank.

Adding this, I can post elsewhere on the site just fine. (posting here as you can see)
I am logged in and everything.

Verasaille

Still having trouble, and now I have another page I cannot post on with the same problem. The rp I have with Winter King.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=240198.0

I click on it, I see the page as it is supposed to be for a split second, then I get the page that looks like this:

-----------

January 10, 2016, 11:27:00 AM
Hello Verasaille, you have 369 messages, none are new.
Public ApprovedBox Close Shoutbox
Show unread posts since last visit.

Show new replies to your posts.

Fullscreen Shoutbox

Elliquiy would not be here without the support of members like you. Thank you.
Support us on Patreon •  (Paypal) (Donations are not linked to and do not reference E.)

(Follow for site outage details, etc.) Explanations and other ways to support E.
Click here if you are having problems.Default • Wide Screen • Beige • Lilac • Rainbow • Black & Blue • October • Send us your theme!
The Elliquian Herald & Post
December 2015 & January 2016 Issue
Wiki Blogs Dicebot Ons and Offs Find Partners IRC Voice Chat Youtube Store
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
XHTML - RSS - WAP2
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.

------------

The rest of the page is blank.

Beguile's Mistress

This sounds like it could be a browser glitch.  Have you tried refreshing the browser or shutting down the computer and restarting?

Verasaille

I have tried all those things. Not ruling out a browser problem. So far it is confusing the hell out of me.

All right! I have figured it out, and removed the add on that was causing the problem. All is good now. Thanks for the help guys.

Just so you know it was a "Trump blocker add on for Chrome"

Beguile's Mistress

I mostly use Firefox and only view E on that but I also have IE and do some E browsing there, too.  Could you try an alternate browser to see if it will work if you haven't already done so?

I get this sometimes with Firefox but it clears when I refresh the page.

Oniya

Trump blocker?  I'm not sure whether to be confused that this would block a thread here or amused that such a thing exists.

Verasaille

@Oniya, yes it does exist, was installed by my techie mainly as a joke. I have disabled it. It blocks any web mention of the Donald and any mention of his name. That was why my chrome was blocking the page, the post contained the word "trumped" in it.

Oniya

That eliminates the confusion - and I can still be amused by it.  :D

King Serperior

Well, for a few minutes, E went completely down for me.  I have no idea if it was just me, but it went 100% down.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Oreo

Lurking

Yup, me too. Thought it was my computer, but I guess not.
On Hiatus

RedPhoenix

Quote from: King Serperior on January 10, 2016, 09:38:56 PM
Well, for a few minutes, E went completely down for me.  I have no idea if it was just me, but it went 100% down.

Same here, was trying to preview a post and it couldn't load, thought my net was dead but everything else was fine, when I came back it was working perfect.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Oniya

Yep.  I wasn't sure either, so I went off to do a puzzle and when I came back it was up.  (We've had hellacious winds here, so I didn't immediately assume it was the site.)

Serinity1990

I'm hoping someone has had or knows of this issue... I can't seem to do anything on the site as of late without my Chrome browser telling me "elliquiy.com took too long to respond", and having to refresh my page.

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Serinity1990 on December 11, 2016, 11:21:29 PM
I'm hoping someone has had or knows of this issue... I can't seem to do anything on the site as of late without my Chrome browser telling me "elliquiy.com took too long to respond", and having to refresh my page.

I'm using chrome and having no problems. So I don't think it's the browser! Is it your internet maybe?
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Verasaille

Best bet is to reboot. Maybe dump your cache and clean out your unneeded files. They tend to make it slow for the internet to load. Have you noticed the issue on any other site?

JaredSyn

It appears the SB is not working at all today. Last message was at 06:00 this morning. I saw other post in the full SB after that. Unusual to see no messaging at this time of day.

AmberStarfire

Quote from: JaredSyn on December 14, 2016, 07:13:55 AM
It appears the SB is not working at all today. Last message was at 06:00 this morning. I saw other post in the full SB after that. Unusual to see no messaging at this time of day.

It looks to be working now.

Serinity1990

Whatever the issue was it seems to have worked itself out :D

uluv2btied

Hopefully you can help. I have two issues,

1. I try to upload an image for my avatar but says it's either too big (which it is NOT) and something else which I had no idea what it meant. I clicked the "upload image" and get a prepopulated (I think HTML code of with the cursor flashing in between the two. What do you do after that? I tried pasting with a mouse and also using "ctrl+v, " but nothing happens. I did got an av by selecting one of the drop down choices but it is like really teeny tiny, like 1/4" by 1/4". I am quite frustarted.

2. I followed all the links and read all the ins and outs of making selections in "Ons and Offs". However, when I select "Find Partners" when I get to my profile, besides the very small Avatar, under "Characters I Play" there is nothing there. My mentor said I just hadn't configured my Ons and Offs but I have no idea what I have not done. I have read and re-read, selected and re-selected my choices over and over again.

Hope you can help, thanks

AmberStarfire

1. Are you sure the avatar doesn't measure too large on one side? It has to be a maximum of 200px tall by 150px wide. If it's even 1 pixel over on either side, you won't be able to upload it.

I don't know where you mean the cursor's flashing. If you go to profile > modify profile > forum profile, you should be able to select 'upload an avatar' and browse to the image, then at the bottom of the page, click 'change profile'. I haven't really used the other options in a long time but it ought to work.

2. Did you use the Ons and Offs button and fill it out on that page? The Ons and Offs thread is something different, and you could perhaps create a thread there in the meantime.

Blythe

Quote from: uluv2btied on December 15, 2016, 01:20:21 PM

Hopefully you can help. I have two issues,

1. I try to upload an image for my avatar but says it's either too big (which it is NOT) and something else which I had no idea what it meant. I clicked the "upload image" and get a prepopulated (I think HTML code of with the cursor flashing in between the two. What do you do after that? I tried pasting with a mouse and also using "ctrl+v, " but nothing happens. I did got an av by selecting one of the drop down choices but it is like really teeny tiny, like 1/4" by 1/4". I am quite frustarted.

What image are you trying to use? AmberStarfire is right that it might be a sizing issue; this is the most common issue with avatar problems.

Quote from: uluv2btied on December 15, 2016, 01:20:21 PM
2. I followed all the links and read all the ins and outs of making selections in "Ons and Offs". However, when I select "Find Partners" when I get to my profile, besides the very small Avatar, under "Characters I Play" there is nothing there. My mentor said I just hadn't configured my Ons and Offs but I have no idea what I have not done. I have read and re-read, selected and re-selected my choices over and over again.

Hope you can help, thanks

Did you fill out the section that also details out who the characters you play are attracted to? It's located beneath the 'Characters I Play' section.

If you don't, the 'characters I play' will not display.

uluv2btied

Quote from: Blythe on December 15, 2016, 01:29:23 PM
What image are you trying to use? AmberStarfire is right that it might be a sizing issue; this is the most common issue with avatar problems.

Here'e the elliquiy file. It says it's not an avatar. OK< but I see tons of images that are clearly pics and not avatars. https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/3/3a/FiftyShades.jpg

Not sure about the sizing issue but I am pretty sure it is smaller than the limits. Or does it have to be exactly the size listed?

Did you fill out the section that also details out who the characters you play are attracted to? It's located beneath the 'Characters I Play' section.

If you don't, the 'characters I play' will not display.

Yep, did that too, In the "Attracted to" "Character Sex" under "Female" I have a mark below that in "Male" and "Female".

Blythe

The image is showing for me as being 273 pixels tall and 184 wide. It's too large, and that is why it's not usable as an avatar. The max size is 200 and the max width is 150. You'll need to reduce the size of the image.

As for the O/Os, can you describe exactly what you have filled out under the 'Characters I Play' and 'Attracted To' sections? Your 'Characters I Play' and 'Attracted To' have to line up a certain way. If you can screenshot it, all the better.

AmberStarfire

You may know already but the site went down for a few moments about a minute ago.

lockedout

I have an account under Kurioustoohear ... I tried to log in but my password was incorrect. I wanted to change my password and went through the procedures, but apparently the email associated with E is no longer valid (I set this up almost 10 years ago!). Thus, I never got the email. Can anything be done? I can provide a good email ... not sure if I should do it here. Thanks!

Oreo

Hi Kurioustoohear, if you could email me at allybandy@gmail.com I can get you sorted.

lockedout

Thank you! I sent an email ... much appreciated!

TooSweetForRock

I couldn't find this on the help section but maybe I just didn't see it. My account has become unverified and I need to sort out how to reverify it! Please help.

Thank you!
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table] “I will not be another flower, picked for my beauty and left to die. I will be wild, difficult to find, and impossible to forget.” [tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Oniya

Quote from: toosweetforrock on May 17, 2017, 12:23:32 AM
I couldn't find this on the help section but maybe I just didn't see it. My account has become unverified and I need to sort out how to reverify it! Please help.

Thank you!

This will sort you out.

Jail Rose

H-How do I delete my account? I've been fiddling around the settings section but there isn't an option there where I can delete my account... please help! Thank you!
                             Kinda not around for some time.

RampantDesires

Hello Jail Rose.  There is no way to delete your account, but at your request we can change your status from unapproved to denied, effectively locking it.

<edit>  If there is an issue with your current account (for example if you'd like a different screen name approved members are allowed to request a name change and the process is fairly simple :-) ) we're happy to try and sort out whatever problem you may be having.

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

underdog

I clicked on the questions but I don't now how to answer them....how do I reply/post my answers?

RampantDesires

Hi there underdog :-)

Clicking HERE will open a new topic in our intro forum section.  Simply fill in the title and then answer the questions from the Questionnaire.

<edit> There is no right or wrong way to format your answers, copying the code, pasting it in the new window and then answering line by line works or you could have multiple windows open and answer in list format... some people respond in a more conversational paragraph manner.  However you are most comfortable!

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Brittlby

At the main forum page, it does not wrap appropriately on the mobile due to the "lords", "ladies", "centurion","genie", etc line. So it pushes the main body of the forums over into the left side 
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

Summerlily

When I do the "/ignore (person)" in SB it keeps making the entire shoutbox blank. It will refresh and show the text of everyone but the ignored person but then a few seconds later it will go completely blank. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a fix that anyone is aware of?

Also what is the command to unignore so I can test to make sure that it is simply that same function that is causing the issue?

Gypsy

Are you using the fullscreen shoutbox?  I can tell you how to unignore someone there.

From the fullscreen shoutbox, make sure you have the list of online users up on the right (you can bring it up by clicking the little people icon in the lower right).

Click on the person's name you're ignoring.  Beneath their name is a list of choices.  Click on Ignore/Accept and that will either make them ignored, or remove the ignored status.

<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286451.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244545.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279617.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245953.0"></a>     

🌹🔥🌹   on 'no writing' hiatus    🌹🔥🌹    not available    🌹🔥🌹    formerly 'Briar Rose' & 'GypsyRose'    🌹🔥🌹

FaerieLand

For the life of me... I can't figure out how to change my profile picture.

I have looked everywhere for a help board on this and I can't find any help at all. So, I apologize if I am asking in the wrong thread.

I go to forum profile and I select an avatar from my pc, and it says error. I have tried resizing it and everything, but still it doesn't change my picture.

I have even uploaded to the Wiki, both the original size and a smaller size and nothing works. I am so frustrated! :(
UPDATE: I know you are all expecting me to post, but I really can't right now. I will get to it as soon as I'm living a day where I am getting a decent amount of sleep. Apologies to all my lovely writing partners. xx

"So this is what it feels like?"

AmberStarfire

Hi FaerieLand,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble with this.

You do it by going to profile > modify profile > forum profile. Then where it says 'Personalized picture' you select 'upload picture'. On browse, you select the file. Then at the bottom of the page, you select 'change profile'. An avatar image needs to be a maximum of 200px tall and 150px wide. If it's larger than that, you'll get an error. The image size could be why you've been getting one.

Gypsy

FaerieLand,

If you'd like to send me a link to the image you uploaded on the Wiki, I can take a look at it and see if I can help.  :-)
<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286451.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244545.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279617.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245953.0"></a>     

🌹🔥🌹   on 'no writing' hiatus    🌹🔥🌹    not available    🌹🔥🌹    formerly 'Briar Rose' & 'GypsyRose'    🌹🔥🌹

AmberStarfire

I take it that it's this one?

It looks like avatar size is the problem. Try this one (it's resized).

FaerieLand

Thank you so much <3

I didn't realize I had to make it even smaller!
UPDATE: I know you are all expecting me to post, but I really can't right now. I will get to it as soon as I'm living a day where I am getting a decent amount of sleep. Apologies to all my lovely writing partners. xx

"So this is what it feels like?"

Naiah

I have been having issues with line breaks, like here:
I tried doing two lines between each and it is all scrunched together right under each other O.o
Not a big deal, just thought I would mention it.

Bryce

Ineffable Bae

I have been trying to trouble shoot for a while now and am running into two issues:

1. When I go to 'Profile > Account Settings' there is no option to change my display name.
2. As a trans person I no longer identify as 'lady' and would really like that removed from my profile.

Could a moderator touch base with me and help me understand what my options are in get these corrected?
"Monsters are tragic beings; they are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, they are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy"— Ishiro Honda

Kye

Hello, ClockworkSongbird!

Both of those things require staff approval.  If you'd like to request a name change and/or a tag change you can PM any member of staff.   ;D

Daggermouth

I love the dark theme but it makes it so slooooooow to load or scroll pages. I'm using Chrome on Android. Is it just me? Is there any way around it?

Thanks!

[I hope this is the right thread, if not please redirect]

Nessy

So a long time ago, I could disable the Shoutbox, which takes up too much of the screen, and it stayed that way. Now I have to disable it every time I visit the site. This is a newer computer, so is there an option somewhere I am missing to default that the Shoutbox always be disabled?
Ons and Offs    Short Term Ideas,
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

Some heroes don't wear capes. Some just #holdthedoor.

AmberStarfire

Hi, you should be able to go into Profile > Forum Profile. Then choose Modify Profile > Look and Layout. If you go to Current Theme > Change. Maybe set it to Elliquiy 2 (which is choosing the type at the bottom) and on the drop-down, choose a theme that ends with _NS. That means 'no shoutbox'.

If it doesn't solve the problem, you could bookmark the site when a shoutbox isn't showing and it should load like that.

Geraint

Quote from: AmberStarfire on November 24, 2020, 08:12:27 PM
Hi, you should be able to go into Profile > Forum Profile. Then choose Modify Profile > Look and Layout. If you go to Current Theme > Change. Maybe set it to Elliquiy 2 (which is choosing the type at the bottom) and on the drop-down, choose a theme that ends with _NS. That means 'no shoutbox'.

If it doesn't solve the problem, you could bookmark the site when a shoutbox isn't showing and it should load like that.
Definitely use Elliquiy 2

And after that, don't forget to click the "change profile" button in the lower right corner or the change won't be permanent

Nessy

I was already on EQ2, but setting it to a _ns seems to have helped.

Thank you!
Ons and Offs    Short Term Ideas,
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

Some heroes don't wear capes. Some just #holdthedoor.

AmberStarfire

Shekinah

I noticed lately that sometimes when I go to the tab Show new replies to your posts and then click on the icon New behind one of the posts, it does bring me the to thread as always however after I leave that thread and go back to the boards, I noticed that somehow the thread beneath the one I just visited also shows that I visited it.

Best example of this is like in the Finder-Seekers boards the threads The picture you like to play and The picture you want someone else to play are threads I visit often and sometimes they are standing above each other and show both have new posts in it. So when I then chose the visit The picture you like to play first and return back to Finder-seekers, it also shows that I already saw/viewed The picture you want someone else to play thread while I didn't do that.

I was wondering, is there a reason for that, or am I doing something wrong as this hasn't happened in the past at all.

Why don’t we drink to me and my reflection in your lovely eyes?

My O/O's
Have you taken care of yourself today?

Amaris

That's been happening to me too. It's like if I go to a thread that said new. Every new thing in that particular board is viewed as read.

atlantashawn

I need to change my password, but I forgot the old one. Elliquay automatically loads so I dont recall my old password. Can you please send me a link to my email?
I love detailed scenarios with a plot -- and solid characterization.   In many of my scenarios, there is a slow erosion of boundaries as we both become increasingly desensitized to being more and more kinky.... the possibilities are endless!
My F-List: https://www.f-list.net/c/Shawn%20from%20Atlanta

Amaris

I will ask upstairs if that is possible... I might try clicking 'log out' then 'forgot my password'? Probably would do something similar?

Chasing Dreams

Quote from: atlantashawn on February 07, 2021, 05:19:50 PM
I need to change my password, but I forgot the old one. Elliquay automatically loads so I dont recall my old password. Can you please send me a link to my email?
If you log out, you can click on the 'forgot password' link and it will automatically send you a link.
Selectively Available for NEW stories.
Status ⋮ Around here somewhere.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 
Posting Order (Click to see.)

Thank you Amaris for the beautiful signature!

Shekinah

euhm from time to time I get a pop up here on the website and if I let it come through it always leads me to this page:
https://www.gstatic.com/cv/js/sender/v1/cast_sender.js and on it is always a text like

this
(function(){/*

Copyright The Closure Library Authors.
SPDX-License-Identifier: Apache-2.0
*/
'use strict';var h=this||self,l=/^[\w+/_-]+[=]{0,2}$/,m=null,n=function(a){return(a=a.querySelector&&a.querySelector("script[nonce]"))&&(a=a.nonce||a.getAttribute("nonce"))&&l.test(a)?a:""},p=function(a,c){function e(){}e.prototype=c.prototype;a.i=c.prototype;a.prototype=new e;a.prototype.constructor=a;a.h=function(b,g,k){for(var f=Array(arguments.length-2),d=2;d<arguments.length;d++)f[d-2]=arguments[d];return c.prototype[g].apply(b,f)}},q=function(a){return a};function r(a){if(Error.captureStackTrace)Error.captureStackTrace(this,r);else{var c=Error().stack;c&&(this.stack=c)}a&&(this.message=String(a))}p(r,Error);r.prototype.name="CustomError";var t=function(a,c){a=a.split("%s");for(var e="",b=a.length-1,g=0;g<b;g++)e+=a[g]+(g<c.length?c[g]:"%s");r.call(this,e+a)};p(t,r);t.prototype.name="AssertionError";var u=function(a,c){throw new t("Failure"+(a?": "+a:""),Array.prototype.slice.call(arguments,1));};var v;var y=function(a,c){this.g=c===w?a:""};y.prototype.toString=function(){return this.g+""};var w={};var z=function(a){return!!document.currentScript&&(-1!=document.currentScript.src.indexOf("?"+a)||-1!=document.currentScript.src.indexOf("&"+a))},A=function(){return"function"==typeof window.__onGCastApiAvailable?window.__onGCastApiAvailable:null},C=function(a){a.length?B(a.shift(),function(){C(a)}):D()},E=function(a){return"chrome-extension://"+a+"/cast_sender.js"},B=function(a,c,e){var b=document.createElement("script");b.onerror=c;e&&(b.onload=e);if(void 0===v)if(c=null,(e=h.trustedTypes)&&e.createPolicy){try{c=
e.createPolicy("goog#html",{createHTML:q,createScript:q,createScriptURL:q})}catch(x){h.console&&h.console.error(x.message)}v=c}else v=c;a=(c=v)?c.createScriptURL(a):a;a=new y(a,w);a:{try{var g=b&&b.ownerDocument,k=g&&(g.defaultView||g.parentWindow);k=k||h;if(k.Element&&k.Location){var f=k;break a}}catch(x){}f=null}if(f&&"undefined"!=typeof f.HTMLScriptElement&&(!b||!(b instanceof f.HTMLScriptElement)&&(b instanceof f.Location||b instanceof f.Element))){f=typeof b;if("object"==f&&null!=b||"function"==
f)try{var d=b.constructor.displayName||b.constructor.name||Object.prototype.toString.call(b)}catch(x){d="<object could not be stringified>"}else d=void 0===b?"undefined":null===b?"null":typeof b;u("Argument is not a %s (or a non-Element, non-Location mock); got: %s","HTMLScriptElement",d)}a instanceof y&&a.constructor===y?d=a.g:(d=typeof a,u("expected object of type TrustedResourceUrl, got '"+a+"' of type "+("object"!=d?d:a?Array.isArray(a)?"array":d:"null")),d="type_error:TrustedResourceUrl");b.src=
d;(d=b.ownerDocument&&b.ownerDocument.defaultView)&&d!=h?d=n(d.document):(null===m&&(m=n(h.document)),d=m);d&&b.setAttribute("nonce",d);(document.head||document.documentElement).appendChild(b)},D=function(){var a=A();a&&a(!1,"No cast extension found")},G=function(){if(F){var a=2,c=A(),e=function(){a--;0==a&&c&&c(!0)};window.__onGCastApiAvailable=e;B("//www.gstatic.com/cast/sdk/libs/sender/1.0/cast_framework.js",D,e)}},F=z("loadCastFramework")||z("loadCastApplicationFramework"),H=["pkedcjkdefgpdelpbcmbmeomcjbeemfm",
"enhhojjnijigcajfphajepfemndkmdlo"];if(0<=window.navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Android")&&0<=window.navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Chrome/")&&window.navigator.presentation){G();var I,J=window.navigator.userAgent.match(/Chrome\/([0-9]+)/);I=J?parseInt(J[1],10):0;var K=[];if(0!=I){var L=I-1;K.push("//www.gstatic.com/eureka/clank/"+I+"/cast_sender.js");K.push("//www.gstatic.com/eureka/clank/"+L+"/cast_sender.js")}K.push("//www.gstatic.com/eureka/clank/cast_sender.js");C(K)}else!window.chrome||!window.navigator.presentation||0<=window.navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Edge")?
D():(G(),C(H.map(E)));}).call(this);

any idea why this is happening?

My O/O's

Oniya

The next time this happens, could you make note of what page on Elliquiy you're accessing?  Sometimes this is a symptom of an embedded image/media that is broken.

Shekinah

It changes, I had it happen today a few times when I went to the Anime thread and also when I went to the Video games thread

My O/O's

Oniya

Hm.  Both pages give me 'two items blocked' on my ABP, but nothing on UBlock.

Vekseid

Quote from: Shekinah on February 11, 2021, 12:11:03 PM
It changes, I had it happen today a few times when I went to the Anime thread and also when I went to the Video games thread

It's coming from the Youtube embeds.

Shekinah

Okay, anything I can do against it?

My O/O's

Vekseid

It may be one of your extensions having an issue with it. It is hard to say : /

Shekinah

Okay, thanks for the help, as long as it isn't harmful it's okay  :-)

My O/O's

Ladydark

I seem to be having some trouble searching for anything... So I can’t see if it was asked before... this is the error I keep getting

Host: 192.168.0.2 - Port: 9306 - Error: :Connection timed out
Discord Ladydark#5684

Chasing Dreams

The search is down on the site right now and that's why it's not working for you.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 

Ladydark

Quote from: Chasing Dreams on February 17, 2021, 10:32:39 PM
The search is down on the site right now and that's why it's not working for you.

Ok! Thank you very much, I thought it was because I hadn’t been approved before, then it continued ... Thank you
Discord Ladydark#5684

Geraint

Quote from: Chasing Dreams on February 17, 2021, 10:32:39 PM

It is however still possible to search a single forum thread with the built in Windows search function.

If that is the case, you can press the "print" button at the top of the thread and search the entire revealed input  by pressing the control and F keys at once, and searching at the bottom of the screen.

(For single forum threads, it is actually much faster than the site search function)

Ladydark

Quote from: Geraint on February 18, 2021, 12:41:41 AM
It is however still possible to search a single forum thread with the built in Windows search function.

If that is the case, you can press the "print" button at the top of the thread and search the entire revealed input  by pressing the control and F keys at once, and searching at the bottom of the screen.

(For single forum threads, it is actually much faster than the site search function)

Thanks, not sure how that will help on my phone, but I’ll try on my computer :)
Discord Ladydark#5684

RainyHigh

My account has been de-verified. But I can't reply in the appropriate thread. I did send an email from my working email account to Ariel, but just in case I needed to post on the actual site the problem, here ya go! :)
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

Auxie

Help!

Excuse me for a dumb question.  I am having trouble posting a profile image.  I can't seem to upload from my phone and I can't remember how I made the original (I used Mediafire but can't seem to find how to access the convkey format since last week!

Is it just a matter of size and if so what are the limits that I should be trying for? Is it a pixels or bytes thingy?
Please note that the reply rate on my profile is very misleading.  I registered at Elli in 2019 but did not begin my introduction until May 2021.  I calculate my reply rate at approximately 1.25 per day and rising.  You can check this from the date of my first post - May 12 2021 - under 'show posts' and my total posts.

Chasing Dreams

Quote from: Auxie on July 19, 2021, 12:54:46 AM
Help!

Excuse me for a dumb question.  I am having trouble posting a profile image.  I can't seem to upload from my phone and I can't remember how I made the original (I used Mediafire but can't seem to find how to access the convkey format since last week!

Is it just a matter of size and if so what are the limits that I should be trying for? Is it a pixels or bytes thingy?
There's no such thing as a dumb question. Profile pictures cannot be larger than 150 x 200 pixels.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 

Auxie

Thanks dreamchaser.  It was really that simple!   Another question please.  I have just started my first topic and it has  red cross in the right hand column.  What does this mean?  Have I done something wrong??
Please note that the reply rate on my profile is very misleading.  I registered at Elli in 2019 but did not begin my introduction until May 2021.  I calculate my reply rate at approximately 1.25 per day and rising.  You can check this from the date of my first post - May 12 2021 - under 'show posts' and my total posts.

Blythe

Quote from: Auxie on July 20, 2021, 01:09:19 AM
Thanks dreamchaser.  It was really that simple!   Another question please.  I have just started my first topic and it has  red cross in the right hand column.  What does this mean?  Have I done something wrong??

That's a 'delete' shortcut; thread-starters technically have deletion privileges on their own topics due to forum functionality.

(That being said, RPs are typically considered collaborative works here to some extent, so definitely ask your writing partner and then a moderator before you ever delete one, just to be on the safe side of the site rules!)

Auxie

So no worries then.  It doesn't mean that the topic was incomplete or unpostable.  Thanks again.

cathedralnight

How do I delete my account? I don't really use this anymore. Thanks.
Love is Always Fate's Decision. 

~My Ons and Offs~

Chasing Dreams

Quote from: cathedralnight on March 17, 2023, 11:30:18 PM
How do I delete my account? I don't really use this anymore. Thanks.
I'll PM you.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 

cindyluv

I can't read any of my messages......what's wrong?

if you have a reply, obviously I won't be able to read it here so please contact me at
<Snipped> By Staff.
kink loving bondage fan....got ropes, ballgags, nipple clamps and a whip?....then I'm your girl!

a submissive but will occasionally play domme for the right girl

Chasing Dreams

Quote from: cindyluv on May 27, 2023, 07:30:14 PM
I can't read any of my messages......what's wrong?

if you have a reply, obviously I won't be able to read it here so please contact me at
<Snipped> By Staff.
Hi cindyluv,

You will want to look here.

-Chasing Dreams
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11