[D&D 5e] New Days, New Heroes [D&D for Beginners] <not recruiting>

Started by Blythe, October 29, 2018, 08:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flower

Yeah I jacked up some numbers so I need to go over the whole thing. xD

I'm going to leave it there for meows. Let me know if I've gone astray or not.

Aenon

Quote from: Flower on November 12, 2018, 10:10:36 AM
Yeah I jacked up some numbers so I need to go over the whole thing. xD

I'm going to leave it there for meows. Let me know if I've gone astray or not.

You are also proficient in perception (from being an elf), you have some mistakes on the skill bonuses, and you have two 1st lvl spells known total.
The starting gold 4d10*10 is in case you want to buy every item instead of getting the suggested ones  ;) Even though it probably is a small difference in the long run :P

Everything else looks good!

Flower

I can't believe I'm saying this but I think this D&D sheet is harder than my V20 one. xD

LilyOfTheGalley

For my spells, I just picked the ones recommended by the PHB, except I swapped the Light cantrip for Minor Illusion because gnomes have Darkvision so I thought Light would be less useful. I really...have no idea of how good or bad all the different spells are.

Dezco

Hello guys! So I'm pretty much a beginner in DnD and I'd love to join you! I went ahead and created a rogue (pirate background). Though I still need to figure out exactly how the equipment section works...  ;)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Grelai Rhahro

Class/Level: Rogue/1
Background: Variant Sailor: Pirate
Race: Human (Tethyrian)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Personality Traits: I stretch the truth for the sake of a good story
Ideals: The sea is freedom - the freedom to go anywhere and do anything (chaotic)
Bonds: Ruthless raiders murdered my captain and crewmates, plundered our ship, and left me to die. Vengeance will be mine.
Flaws: Once I start drinking, it’s hard for me to stop!
Sexuality: Bisexual (prefers males)
Expanded Personality: Grelai is a maximizer of potential and opportunities. He knows that — “Life is not a matter of having good card cards, but of playing a poor hand well.” He is passionate & enthusiastic while also exhibits free and independent thinking.

Eyes: Timber || Skin: White || Hair: Dirty brown
Expanded Description: Right ear carries an earing. His frame has a few scars littered all over.

Backstory: As a son of a common street whore, young Grelai learned how to fend for himself even at a tender age. As a boy, he was seen as a child of the street, beggars and the poor would all look after him, teaching him various skills, especially thievery and lock-picking. Growing up in a port town, Grelai showed immense interest in sailing ships and war galleys. As fate would have it he came across a pirate crew who’s captain took a liking to the young orphan. Grelai was promised treasures beyond imagination. And truthfully, Anywhere was better than the dark and damp hovel he shared with other homeless people. 

And so destiny took young Grelai out onto the sea. There he worked as the pirate captain's cabin boy. His fear of Captain Drake, however, never diminished.  the story of the pirate captain with a white scar down his face who ate the flesh off of little boys who ran off to sea was a  reputation which preceded Drake.

Grelai was a quick learner. One of the most important lessons he learned early on was: the sea was a cruel, cruel bitch and the men crazy enough to pit themselves against her probably deserved whatever she could throw at them. To this day he dreams of a certain moment when he thought the sea would swallow them whole:

"Come on boy, you look like death's coming for you," Captain Drake shouted over the deafening crash of waves battering the three-mast ship, affectionately named King's Ransom. Drake looked like one of the devil's minions as he flashed a smile in Grelai's direction. It was terrifying.

Grelai eventually grew into a fine young man with a broad skill set which Captain Drake knew how to put to use. Life at sea was a pain in the ass, especially when one had to share it with a dozen coarse and bearded, filthy men. But for Grelai they’d become his family. Until the lot was slaughtered by an unexpected attack. being part of the pirate crew, Grelai had been part of countless battles...but he had never seen anything like that:

It had been a slaughter rather than a fight.

Pushing on into uncharted wastes, their ship had scraped its bottom across an unmarked reef, and they were stuck. The reef was a natural trap which raiders exploited. bestial savages mounted the ship, the merciless trash of dockside brothels and prison breaks. The cruelty that warmed their blood was not human. In the terror and roar of a gathering storm, they leaped howling to the onslaught. Grelai witnessed how his crew members got killed one after the other and by the time the last of the raiders had boarded their ship, Captain Drake’s head had already been split from his shoulders.

Grelai, with no hope of survival, threw himself off the ship, into the cruel embrace of the cold sea. As if by miracle, he survived, days later flushed onto shores of an unknown land which he later came to know as Llane Vale. 

Stats
Armor Class: 12
Initiative: +3
Speed: 30 ft
Passive Perception: 11
Hit Point Maximum: 10
Hit Dice: 1d8
Proficiency Bonus: +2

Attributes:
Strength: 11 || Dexterity: 16 || Constitution: 14 || Charisma: 15 || Wisdom: 9 || Intelligence: 13
Str: +1 || Dex: +3 || Con: +2 || Cha: +2 || Wis: -1 || Int: +1

Saving Throws:
Proficiencies: Intelligence, Dexterity
Str: +1 || Dex: +5 || Con: +2 || Cha: +2 || Wis: -1 || Int: +3

Skills:
Proficiencies: Athletics, perception, Acrobatics, persuasion, slight of hand and stealth

Acrobatics (Dex): +7 || Animal Handling (Wis): -1  || Arcana (Int): +1  || Athletics (Str): +3  || Deception (Cha): +4  || History (Int): +1  || Insight (Wis): -1  || Intimidation (Cha): +2  || Investigation (Int): +1  || Medicine (Wis): -1  || Nature (Int): +1  || Perception (Wis): +1  || Performance (Cha) +2 Persuasion (Cha): +6  || Religion (Int): +1  || Sleight of Hand (Dex): +3  || Stealth (Dex): +5  || Survival (Wis): -1

Proficiencies:
(Include Tools, Instruments and Languages here.)

Languages: Human and Orcish
Light armor,

Weapons: simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords

Thieves’ tools, Navigator’s tools, Vehicles (water)

Features and Traits:
(List any Class/Race traits here. Include the description for ease of use.)

Class traits:

Sneak attack - 1d6 (Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an Attack if you have advantage on the Attack roll. The Attack must use a Finesse or a ranged weapon.)

Expertise - At 1st level, choose two of your skill proficiencies, or one of your skill proficiencies and your proficiency with Thieves' Tools. Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make that uses either of the chosen proficiencies. ( I doubled my Acrobatics and

Thieves' Cant - a secret mix of dialect, jargon, and code that allows you to hide messages in seemingly normal conversation. Only another creature that knows thieves' cant understands such messages.

Features:

Bad reputation - (used instead of ship’s passage)Once per week, if caught by the authorities, you can get away with a crime considered no worse than a misdemeanor. This can include : petty theft, public intoxication, simple assault, disorderly conduct, trespassing, vandalism or first time possession of small amounts of certain drugs (At the DM's discretion).

Spells
Cantrips
[SPELL NAME] - [Spell page]
[SPELL NAME] - [Spell page]

1st Level
Spell Slots {0}
[SPELL NAME] [{X} For prepped, {_} for not]  - [Spell page]

2nd Level
Spell Slots {0}

3rd Level
Spell Slots {0}

4th Level
Spell Slots {0}

Spell Stats
Spellcasting Ability: [Here]
Spell Save DC: [Here]
Spell Attack Bonus: [Here]

Attacks/Spellcasting:
[Rapier] || +5 || [1d8+3/P]
[crossbow] || +5 || [1d6+3/P]

Equipment:
[ITEM NAME] || [WEIGHT]

A belaying pin (club),
50 feet of silk rope,
a lucky charm (a small stone with a hole in the center) a set of common clothes,
a belt pouch containing 10 gp

Money
CP:
SP:
GP:
PP:

Carrying Capacity: [Here] (Strength score times 15)

Blythe

Just letting people know i have not forgotten this; I am currently recuperating from a minor surgery but am hoping that I'll feel up to getting this in gear/helping players with character creation in the next few days, though given that recovery's often weird/unpredictable, I'm hesitant to give a specific date for when I know I can. But I have not forgotten this & am still interested in GMing it, provided the wait has not been too off-putting for potential players. ^^:

Flower

No worries. I hope you recover quickly but take as long as you need to. :)

Wandering Mind

Estimated response rate: 3 to 10 days.
Owed Posts: Too many
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Fredasce

I would really like to join this, if there's still room! I've only played DnD once and that was ages ago, so I'd like to get my knowledge on :D

My O/O's
Request Thread
Let my heart be still a moment, and this mystery explore

LilyOfTheGalley

I am still interested but please take all the time you need to recover, Blythe. Wishing you the best.

Blythe

So I wanted to run this pretty badly, however, I was not anticipating several RL events occurring, both with some family trouble and with that minor surgery I had in particular. I've had a devil of a time keeping up with the RPs I already have & am still quite behind there. I might have to put this one on ice for a while--I will attempt this again when I am able to have more time to devote to it so that I can be the best DM I could be for it. I feel it's unfair to my prospective players to make you all wait so long for something as basic as character walkthroughs/reviews. :(

Thank you all for your interest. If you would like to be contacted whenever I do have enough time to run this in the future, please note that here in thread and I'll remember you. :)

Levi

Take care of yourself first, we can wait. please remember me!
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Flower

+1

Good luck with recovery. I hope RL calms down for you. Poke me when you're ready.

Fredasce

Quote from: Blythe on November 22, 2018, 03:09:08 PM
So I wanted to run this pretty badly, however, I was not anticipating several RL events occurring, both with some family trouble and with that minor surgery I had in particular. I've had a devil of a time keeping up with the RPs I already have & am still quite behind there. I might have to put this one on ice for a while--I will attempt this again when I am able to have more time to devote to it so that I can be the best DM I could be for it. I feel it's unfair to my prospective players to make you all wait so long for something as basic as character walkthroughs/reviews. :(

Thank you all for your interest. If you would like to be contacted whenever I do have enough time to run this in the future, please note that here in thread and I'll remember you. :)

I know it'll be worth the wait. Take care and if you can, let me know when you'd like to run this game.

My O/O's
Request Thread
Let my heart be still a moment, and this mystery explore

LilyOfTheGalley

Best wishes for your recovery. If you do get this up running, do let me know, but for now take care of yourself.  :-)

Wandering Mind

I will be backing out of this due to the amount of games/stories that I’m involved in at this time.  I will let you know if I get more free time if you start this up but I will defer to others who want to play.  I hope your recovery is going well.  Get better soon.
Estimated response rate: 3 to 10 days.
Owed Posts: Too many
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]