A Fairy Tail based story

Started by Levi, August 26, 2018, 11:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levi

Hello!

Ok so I think she may be a tad to powerful.

What I'm thinking is if you combine Sensus Fragilitatis and Acceleratio Chaos into one spell and then add on some sort of backlash like with the fair foul spell you've said it won't last over an hour.

Also the main profile image looks a little young but some of the ones you've added in the spoiler look older so could I ask you to change the main image to one of those? like this one for example
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

MelisaArtemis

I actually think she's more than just "A tad too powerful"...

Luck manipulation by itself is already an extremely powerful magic (Just look at Marvel's Scarlet Witch from the original comic / cartoon or Yuuragi-sou no Yuna-san's Nakai)

I think there is a need to reduce the spell numbers and power. I think the best possible drawback of her magic would be somwthing like Nakai-san: Luck would bring Unluck and vice versa, the greater luck happening, the greater unluck would happen afterward.

There is also the swordmanship skill... C-rank don't usually able to fight if at all and it isn't matter of "doesn't like" or "won't". They are simply incapable of it for one reason or another, whether it's mental or physical disabilities.

ZameRagues

I would definitely be interested in playing a mage from a different guild, I have an idea for his magic already but I am curious on rather you'd allow Eye Magic?
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Zaer Darkwail

I agree power over luck falls to frobidden/lost magic category and is very potent. More so if there is taboo or just law when using said magic; bring happiness causes misfortune. A skilled user can direct where misfortune happens but it's not accurate as it works based on 'higher judgement' by whatever agency or force which oversees matters of luck, unluck and fate. Example you boost someone's luck so they survive and live from situation where they would had definately died without luck factor (there was nothing else or not even chance to survive), it will lead to someone's death in near future and it can be random. But overall it would follow laws of karma; meaning whoever dies is a person who magic user cares about. Or worst case magic user themselves dies as a cost of using such luck.

Overall interesting concept but hard to balance out properly without making luck power work like monkey's paw. Unless there is caveat instead one big hit the karma can be paid with multiple instances of bad luck and you cannot boost anyone's luck until 'debt is paid full'. Or learn technique how transfer the debt onto someone else (simply curse them) but laying down curses is complex and need done in short time window (and could be difficult but possible to do, like needing blood/hair sample from someone and build a wax doll of person's likeness to 'hex' them and keep doll intact until debt is paid).

Levi

Quote from: ZameRagues on September 10, 2018, 02:28:54 AM
I would definitely be interested in playing a mage from a different guild, I have an idea for his magic already but I am curious on rather you'd allow Eye Magic?

Could you expand on this please? It kinda depends what you want to do with it

Annie

Thanks for the feedback. I was planning to make this luck based magic work in a very subtle manner. This magic wouldn't alter crucial, life-death situations. It would be more like some small coincidences that could make life easier/hard. Think about leaving home on a sunny day and, when suddenly starts to rain, you happen to find an umbrella.

But reading your feedback made me realize that I would depend a lot from the players whose characters I choose to infuse with good/bad luck. I think it's better to come up with another concept, entirely.

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

Wolfy

So for my character's magic I assume it's OK to have her books be able to float nearby? Like grimoire's from Black Clover. xD

Levi

Quote from: Wolfy on September 10, 2018, 05:48:37 PM
So for my character's magic I assume it's OK to have her books be able to float nearby? Like grimoire's from Black Clover. xD

Sure.

TheOneWhoWatches

I love the idea of rune magic and i was wondering if i would be allowed to use it, mainly focusing on Dark Écriture. I know that such things can be overpowered as the only restriction on rune magic is really the time to set the runes. so i wanted to ask before writing up a character.

Levi

Quote from: TheOneWhoWatches on November 05, 2018, 12:02:53 AM
I love the idea of rune magic and i was wondering if i would be allowed to use it, mainly focusing on Dark Écriture. I know that such things can be overpowered as the only restriction on rune magic is really the time to set the runes. so i wanted to ask before writing up a character.

I've pm'd you :)

TheOneWhoWatches

Name: Ken Odd (Mix of Japanese and Viking. Means ‘Word At the point of a Blade’)
[CenterNickname: Teach[/center]
Sexual Orientation:Bi-Sexual
Wizard Class:A in power, B in utilization
Height:6’4”.
Weight:238 LBS
Eye colour:Orange.
Hair colour:Bright Red with Yellow and Orange highlights
Where is their guildmark?: Throat
Name of Magic: Dark Écriture
Details of magic: Main Type, Caster Sub Types: Letter, Eye, He uses the runes to enhance his physical strength, speeds and durability. Beyond the physical enhancement he can use the runes for minor things. 
Team: Unknown
Personality: Fun, Flirty, Generally apathetic to politics. When on a job, or Teaching he becomes very serious.
History: Not much is known about Teach. He showed up on the scene during the two year break as a wandering mage. He still proudly wears the symbol of Grimore Heart. He travels around picking up independent jobs and joining tournaments to try and resurrect Grimoire Heart under a new name. “Black Heart” The man has an odd choice in fighting style. He is a swashbuckler, using a rapier for combat and a dagger for defence and writing his runes.
On/Off's Ons: Flirting, Damsel in Distress, Flexibility, BDSM
Offs: Scat, gore, mommy/daddy play, vomit, pissing.

Levi

You said in the pm about him using a sword? Could you include that in the history.

TheOneWhoWatches

Quote from: Levi on November 05, 2018, 11:11:16 AM
You said in the pm about him using a sword? Could you include that in the history.

done ^.^

MelisaArtemis

Umm... as far as BDSM is concerned... we're in the Light section of the forum though? So... unless it's consensual BDSM, it won't happen... I think?

TheOneWhoWatches

thats completely ok i can change it if need be

MelisaArtemis

I'm not saying that it CAN'T happen, it just have to be consensual ;)

TheOneWhoWatches

considering id prolly play him as a bedroom sub im ok with that

Levi

Welcome aboard I'll send you another pm with some info later :)

TheOneWhoWatches

TheBlackThrone

Are you guys looking for anymore players to join? I have been watching Fairy Tail recently and was feeling inspired. I read some where you guys are and I know you're involved in a Colosseum SL at the moment. If I am allowed to join, I was thinking that my character could just be in the audience watching the fights. It could lead to them to become interested in the guild.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Levi

Hello!

That would actually be perfect! The guys are on one on one fights and one of the characters has tossed a coin to find an impartial judge of sorts. I was going to do an NPC post but if you want to jump on that with a character that would be awesome.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Levi on November 12, 2018, 12:06:37 PM
Hello!

That would actually be perfect! The guys are on one on one fights and one of the characters has tossed a coin to find an impartial judge of sorts. I was going to do an NPC post but if you want to jump on that with a character that would be awesome.

I'll send you something shortly.  ;D
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings