The Unseen (post apocalyptic horror story) actively seeking, all players welcome

Started by Chreestafer, May 31, 2018, 07:06:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narianna

Quote from: Chreestafer on July 09, 2018, 04:07:16 PM
Hoping to get a few more players to start :)

Did you get my message about my female character, by any chance? If she's a go, I can post her in here.

Chreestafer

Quote from: Narianna on July 09, 2018, 06:39:31 PM
Did you get my message about my female character, by any chance? If she's a go, I can post her in here.

I did, I like her, and she will most likely be approved.  Yet I'm holding off as I do have a max limit in mind and if enough people are interested I may hold off on 2nd characters until a later time.  Not saying she isnt good, just want to see how many are involved before I make it a 100 percent go.  :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Narianna

Quote from: Chreestafer on July 09, 2018, 06:53:48 PM
I did, I like her, and she will most likely be approved.  Yet I'm holding off as I do have a max limit in mind and if enough people are interested I may hold off on 2nd characters until a later time.  Not saying she isnt good, just want to see how many are involved before I make it a 100 percent go.  :)

Oh I totally get that! I was just making sure you'd seen her. :) Thanks!

Eliza

*leaves "Interested" note at desk*

BehindYou

Interesting. I may have a character in mind for this, we'll see.

Chreestafer

Everyone is welcome to send in character sheets! :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Ambie

What are we up to? 3 females, 1 male plus any characters the poster wanted?

Chreestafer

Character wise thus far we have 2 males and 4 females. Plus interest from a few others plausibly playing female.  What your genders are do not matter to me any which way.  People are open to play whatever they want.
Ons and Offs
F-List

Ambie

True, I was just trying to generally figure out how close we were to the potential goal of moving forward. :)

Chreestafer

Still accepting characters,  need some male characters as well.
Ons and Offs
F-List

BehindYou

Name: Landry Caldwell
Afflicted or Unafflicted: Afflicted
Feelings toward Afflicted: Ambivalent
Appearance: height-5'11, eyes-blue, hair-light blonde
Personality: It could be worse. Doesn't matter how bleak the world is now, Landry's optimism is how he copes, always trying to find a silver lining. Need a shoulder to cry on, someone to vent to, he's your guy. Though he doesn't have patience for people who have no concern for the lives of others. Life is precious, even more so now than it was before and he's willing to do whatever it takes to preserve that.
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Bio: As a paramedic, Landry was used to operating in high stress situations, but nothing prepared him for the chaos that was the world dying. The appearance of the rash and people getting sick and dying, he did what he could to help. But you couldn't save everyone and that's just how it was, you did what you could and you moved on. Everyone said it would get worse before it got better, and it got worse alright. The moment he witnessed a dead patient come back to life, he'd realized just how bad it was. And it only continued to go down hill from there. The Unseen, they were not equipped to deal with and between that and people continuing to drop like flies, the surviving responders were ordered to go home. With his family gone and no way of knowing whether they were dead or alive, Landry joined up with a group of survivors, staying with them for a period of time, before the appearance of the rash that had Landry making peace with his impending death. Except it never came and he was forced to run, knowing what the group did to the afflicted.
Weapons: Trench Knife, Fire Axe
Gear: Backpack, first aid kit, flashlight, water canteen, extra change of clothes, roll of duct tape, compass, guitar pick on a chain around his neck, three cans of fruit, short-wave radio.
Fears: Heights, Losing his humanity
Casual ons: Meditating, Origami, Reading
Casual offs: Unnecessary Violence, Busybodies, Thunderstorms
Sexual ons: Versatile partners, Sensuality, Risk Factor, Foreplay
Sexual offs: Gore, Vore, Scat

Additional Photos

Guitar Pick

Trench Knife

Chreestafer

Still in search of some male characters! :)

Yet accepting all :)
Ons and Offs
F-List

Narianna

Quote from: Chreestafer on July 24, 2018, 11:45:23 AM
Still in search of some male characters! :)

Yet accepting all :)

I could make a second dude-man? Scrap the female I made as secondary character?

Narianna

Name: Micah Lincoln
Afflicted or Unafflicted: Unafflicted
Feelings toward Afflicted: Angry, hostile
Appearance:

Personality: Laid back, passionate, philosophical
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Bio: Micah grew up in an average life, in an average home, with average parents. He went to an average school in an average town in California. He smoked pot daily with friends, played hackey sack, drank craft beers and organic fair trade coffee, and wore carefree Bohemian style clothes he found at consignment shops. He lived in his parents basement, and after highschool, he backpacked all through Europe and Asia. He'd just gotten home when the second outbreak started. He came home to find his parents dead, reanimated, and meandering about the house. They attacked, struggle ensued, and somehow he managed to kill them. He spent 2 days sitting on the kitchen floor, knees to his chest, in shock. When he finally came to, he grabbed his prepacked backpack and left, wandering aimlessly. He didn't know where he was going but he couldn't stay here.
Weapons: Walking stick
Gear: Cellphone and wallet attached to chain. Backpack includes: 2 fresh pair underwear, 2 rolled fresh changes of clothes, 2 fresh pairs of socks, extra pair of shoes, flashlight, 2 notebooks and pens, flexible waterbottle, water filter, metal spoon, knife, and fork, small pot and pan, flexible clothesline, padlock, duct tape, multi tool swiss army knife, collapsible umbrella, personal hygiene items, Nikon camera and rolls of film, cellphone charger, condoms, travel size toilet paper, first aid kit, large bag of pot, papers, pipe, 3 lighters. Attached to the bag is a rolled sleep mat and blanket and a small 1 person tent.
Fears: Politics, inequality, global warming
Casual ons: Philosophical debates, warm hugs, smoking pot, hackey sack
Casual offs: Intense drama, abuse
Sexual ons: Cuddles, passion, emotional availability
Sexual offs: S/M, Bondage, D/s, bathroom play
Additional Photos

Narianna

Chreestafer

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=291367.0

Character sheet thread has been added!

All accepted characters please post your CS there.
Ons and Offs
F-List

TheHangedOne

So I have an idea for a character, I just want to know if he'd be overpowered or not; and if it would be fitting. Basically, I'm thinking someone who got the rash but didn't turn; but he's been around long enough to see people die, turn. He's been through shit; combat PTSD levels of shit, survivor's guilt, I-can-barely-function, killkillkill (but only the infected) rampage. Basically, an absolutely mentally broken character. Strong enough, tough enough, and well equipped enough to take on at least one of the Unseen one-to-one; a sort of modern day berserker with piecemeal armor and a crash axe (or other sort of devastating tool-cum-weapon). But, he's just sort of... on a death quest. Not suicidal, He won't kill himself with a gun or a noose,  it's just that his all consuming desire for revenge, all the guilt, all the stress, has just turned him into some sort of monster in his own right, and he just wants to keep on fighting and fighting, and sooner or later, he's finally go down.

Probably the sort to scare humans, even though he's not hostile to anyone who respects his 'perimeter'. I'd see his personal plot arc as about being able to actually find a community (the group) that can help him 'come back' from his nearly endless cycle of kill-eat-sleep-kill-kill-kill-eat-sleep. But that's the basic gist of it; someone whose survived by not being quiet, but rather, just being so freakin' stubborn and rage-fueled that he can handle a straight up fight... though those berserker fits would likely leave him winded once he's done. Probably a PE teacher, or some sort of MMA fighter pre-end, explaining his strength, agility, endurance, etc. being above average.  But like I said, his immense physicality would be counter-balanced by things like how he can barely see beyond the next few hours, never mind days or weeks; the complete disregard for his own safety, which could jeopardize others; that he actually needs legitimate treatment of some kind so he can be 'human' again.

Again, it's just a passing thought; I like to do 'out there on the fringe' characters. If it's too far from acceptable, I have a few other ideas rolling around in my head; maybe somebody who was in a Doomsday Cult or the like, and is seriously questioning some of their life choices.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Chreestafer

To be honest, I freaking love the idea!

When the story first opens up, I'm having it this way.  Group 1 is from the community.  Itll be myself and probably 2 to 3 other players. Our mission is to go in search of supply as it's our bi weekly supply run.

Group B, will consist of the remaining players who had there own group on the move.  However, this group is on the run from a larger group of raiders / Cannibals.  The two groups will meet in town and either run/hide from the human eaters, ooorrrrrrrrr, they stand and fight them.

THM, your character could be one who just happened to be walking by as this goes down and jumps in.  Like the crazy hobo who's actually a cool guy.
Ons and Offs
F-List

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Chreestafer on August 01, 2018, 01:48:57 PM
To be honest, I freaking love the idea!

When the story first opens up, I'm having it this way.  Group 1 is from the community.  Itll be myself and probably 2 to 3 other players. Our mission is to go in search of supply as it's our bi weekly supply run.

Group B, will consist of the remaining players who had there own group on the move.  However, this group is on the run from a larger group of raiders / Cannibals.  The two groups will meet in town and either run/hide from the human eaters, ooorrrrrrrrr, they stand and fight them.

THM, your character could be one who just happened to be walking by as this goes down and jumps in.  Like the crazy hobo who's actually a cool guy.

Haha. I could see that happening with the crazy hatchet-man. In fact, I may refer to him simply as Hatchet Man until someone can actually coerce his real name out of him.  >:) Group B might just find themselves saved by the 'Factor X' barreling out of hiding, and just... freakin'... ripping off someone's head with a gods-be-damned axe, screaming all manic-like about how monsters are monsters, and he's going to kill them all (cannibals/raiders, though it will definitely be--at least try to be--a gray area of what/who he means when he says 'monsters').

I'll try to have a sheet up tomorrow; tonight is a rather... troublesome ordeal I need to deal with.
Check out my poet tree!

TheHangedOne

So, here's the rough draft. He may be a bit overpowered, or overstocked on gear; that can easily be toned down.  I did figure, though, he's basically been lone wolfing it for a long time, plus his combat-oriented nature, means he's necessarily needed to gather some of the equipment he did (and his backstory provides reasoning behind his skill and familiarity). 

Name: Hatchet-Man
ID found on his person
Gerald Diggory; Etymology fun fact, his name could be taken to literally mean "Lost Ruler" or "Lost Spear", ironically echoing his current state of existence.

ID found on his person
Puts his birthday as August 1st, 1989, making him approximately 28

Afflicted or Unafflicted: Afflicted
Feelings toward Afflicted: Doesn't matter; are they a monster, or are they not?
Appearance: At six feet even and 250 pounds of almost nothing but muscle, The Hatchet-Man is a tall, and imposing figure. He bears the mark of infection along the majority of the right side of his face. He prefers to wear clothing that blends him into the area.
Personality: Must eat. Must drink. Must sleep. Must kill; kill, kill, kill, kill, kill. Kill all the monsters.
Sexual Orientation: Basically asexual, since all that energy is spent on wracking up an absurd kill count; if mellowed out, enjoys the company of females.
Bio: You don't know me. I don't know me. There's nothing more than a red glow. And I have to keep chasing that light. Blood on the water. Blood on my hands, on my heart. You'll never see beyond the blood, and neither will I.
Actual Backstory
Gerald was a Renfaire geek, 'knighted' and everything. He enjoyed friendly bouts of combat, and picked up some practical bits of wilderness survival from his time attending the faire's. Some people may call him a Renfaire Child, as he was conceived at such a gathering, and both of his parents were quite into that particular scene. Consequently, he led a very interesting life. He eventually settled down with a wife, and made a decent bit of money off of youtube videos discussing things like weapons, armor, medieval combat, codes of honor, and the like (Imagine someone like Skallagrim). As of the destruction of the world, all the friends and family he had have died, and this has put him into a sort of 'blue screen of death' mode.

Weapons: Crash Axe, Throwing Axe.
Gear: camelpak, two days worth of food and water (assuming a physically active 3K calorie diet), A few miscelaneous bits of survival gear (flint and steel, tinder, small flashlight, utility knife, compass, etc.), Biker Armor. 
Fears: Myself. My weapons breaking.
Casual ons: Coffee, tea, and chocolate remind him of happier times (luxury goods that may be reasonably hard to find); jerky, meaty stews, clean water (Notice a theme?)
Casual offs: Going too long without killing, running away.
Sexual ons: There's no time for that [if brought out of his berserker state, he is actually a very sensual and emotionally charged and driven lover].
Sexual offs: THERE'S NO TIME FOR THAT! [Gore, vore, scat; this particular character of mine is more likely to be into strictly vanilla things; again, if he is brought out of the berserker state]
Pictures! Some animated violence, Game of Thrones spoilers
Check out my poet tree!

Chreestafer

Ons and Offs
F-List

Bekah Boo

Daww I'm blushing ;3

Here's the potential character sheet, do tell me if I need to edit anything.

Appearance:

Name: Noelle Stivino
Feelings toward Afflicted: Frustration as a whole, Regret, Sorrow
Personality: Noelle wasn't always so angry and pessimistic of the world, she
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Bio:
Weapons: Baseball bat with nails driven in
Gear: Backpack with found clothing (to use as bandages,warmth, etc), Zippo with low fuel, A few cans of beans, Map of areas to avoid (heavily marked)
Fears: Making a sound or being seen, Thunderstorms, Becoming one of them
Casual ons: Star gazing, Nature, The memory of not being afraid of others
Casual offs: Loud noises, Brutes, Preying on the weak, General arrogance
Sexual ons: Passion, Warmth, Nibbling, Caressing
Sexual offs: Anything toilet related, Blood play
Additional Photos

Chreestafer

Ok all, I'm going to give it a couple more days, and we can start our adventure! :)

Ons and Offs
F-List

Narianna

Name: Vanessa "V" Kavanaugh
Feelings toward Afflicted: Sad, melancholy
Appearance: V is a short 5' with blond medium length hair, sometimes curled. She's a petite little thing with blue eyes and pretty pink lips to round out her fresh pure face.

Personality: Quirky AF. Liberal bleeding heart. She has an overabundance of energy, irrationally positive attitude, and talks a mile a minute, especially when nervous. Aside from all of this, she is ridiculously intelligent.
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Bio: V grew up with moderately wealthy parents that sent her off to a girls boarding school. She became a track star at an early age and got all straight A's in school. She even won a few state and national championships for track. She also got big into gaming, console and computer, which lead her deep into the world of computers, resulting in a fairly infamous role as hacker extraordinaire. That's where she's earned the nickname "V." She graduated high school as valedictorian and got a full scholarship to State School. Since she received a full scholarship for track and a partial for grades, she didn't have to work to pay her way through college. She received an allowance, allotting her time to delve deeper into the land of hacktivism. She was in her junior year of college when the second wave of zombies began popping up. Her parents had gone overseas to visit her grandparents in Ireland and couldn't get back to the states. She was alone to fend for herself. Chaos broke out over campus. It was anarchy. V grabbed what she could, packed her book bag with what essentials she could find and set out on foot, grabbing what she needed from places that hadn't been completely looted. She has never actually killed a zombie. She runs and hides, runs and hides, searching online for information whenever she can on the dark web.
Weapons: None. She runs like the wind.
Gear: Top of the line laptop. Also back up top of the line laptop, 'cause priorities. A change of clothes, flashlight, pocketknife (engraved with a V from Julian Assange himself, with a note saying he wouldn't reveal her identity), first aid kit, a few cans of veggies and beans, 'cause canned meat is ew.
Fears: Dying, being turned, being alone
Casual ons: The thrill of competition, adrenaline of a race, the freedom you can only get while running when the wind is in your hair and the past is left behind, the burn of overused muscles, taking down the man and overturning the fascist government
Casual offs: Sitting around and doing nothing, close mindedness, bigotry, racism, sexism
Sexual ons: Competing for dominance
Sexual offs: Submissiveness, bathroom play, children and animals
Additional Photos