BakemonoShiki [Interest Check]

Started by Leki, February 03, 2018, 09:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avalon29

Quote from: Leki on February 12, 2018, 02:31:27 AM
Yoshiharu would!
Errr, inside joke, ignore that xD

I've still got an open ear towards secondaries, but at the moment I think akirakaneda and SweetSerenade are the only two tht have expressed interest in that? I'm not opening slots up yet, but if anyone else is interested knowing the numbers would help :P

I’m thinking about it but not sure yet as I’d want to make sure that I can give both characters the attention and focus they deserve. If I do it’ll be a female shiki based loosely on Shuten Doji. Blame Fate series for that one. :p Some kind of horned demon or oni with alcohol and poison based abilities. Probably either a lazy overindulget noble or party animal based personality. She wouldn’t be intentionally evil but  she’s probably racked up a body count since coming to Earth from mortals joining her during her feasts or when she's drinking and not being able to handle the sheer strength of the alcohol or the alcohol being poison to mortals with her just not stopping them because she beleives people should be able to do as they like even if there are consequences or dangers involved.

Got another couple weeks to think about it and make up my mind on it though.

JoanieSappho

I've been thinking about it. Playful older woman dragonsnake could be fun.

Leki

@Alistair
Not sure if you'll see this any time soon, but isn't that part of the fun in doing a group roleplay? xD
I mean, I'm pretty sure Laphren's personality will be incompatible with everyone that joins...
But as far as I'm concerned a GRP shouldn't be all about friendship and sex.
Kind of like the idea of two characters getting along at first, but friction building when they realize they have fundametally different values. Or someone trying to make things work when it's clear two characters aren't all that compatible xD

@Avalon/Joanie + Secondaries
Shuten Doji huh, interesting choice xD
Will admit I'm not familiar with the Fate adaptation, but it's quite different from what I'm used to seeing you playing xD
You're right about us having time though. Still got a good two weeks, maybe more if we feel that cast of characters hasn't been quite fleshed out.

As for an older woman dragonsnake... immediately thought of Melusine from Idle's roleplay xD
Yes I'll keep bringing him up, just so we never forget him! xD
Was a pretty fun chacter if I remember correctly.

It's also been suggested to me by someone else that we should probably get together and brainstorm a bit when it comes to secondaries. Mainly so that we're not making characters no one would be interested in. But even if we don't take such a pessimistic outlook on things, it'd still be nice to see someone throw something in that's right up someones alley :P We'll see how things pan out for the time being though~

SweetSerenade

Getting together and planning secondaries for compatibility does sound like a rather nice idea? Might even draw in a couple more players. I'm still putting my feelers out with people I know. I know we need females, so I'll see what i can do. Admittedly most of the people I talk to regularly play male characters. xD

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Alistair Leonhart

I'm definitely seeing it now. I won't be leaving until about... 8:30 hours-ish? So I still have a bit of time.

I didn't mean to say that's not part of the fun, but I'd consider waiting until I come back before making a decision. (And also, the thing I did try to say about not choosing Akira as a pairing before I come back, because it would bog down the pace for that person). Hopefully, when I come back I'll have more options to choose from, but right now I'm only seeing a single option (for a Shiki pairing) that isn't non-compatible, and no potentially compatible ones. (By compatible, I'm not talking about being into them or anything like that, I'm talking about their personalities meshing in such a way that it would make for a fun story) So yeah for now I'll wait.

JoanieSappho

Quote from: Leki on February 12, 2018, 12:15:06 PM
@Alistair
Not sure if you'll see this any time soon, but isn't that part of the fun in doing a group roleplay? xD
I mean, I'm pretty sure Laphren's personality will be incompatible with everyone that joins...
But as far as I'm concerned a GRP shouldn't be all about friendship and sex.
Kind of like the idea of two characters getting along at first, but friction building when they realize they have fundametally different values. Or someone trying to make things work when it's clear two characters aren't all that compatible xD

Will admit I'm not familiar with the Fate adaptation, but it's quite different from what I'm used to seeing you playing xD
You're right about us having time though. Still got a good two weeks, maybe more if we feel that cast of characters hasn't been quite fleshed out.

As for an older woman dragonsnake... immediately thought of Melusine from Idle's roleplay xD
Yes I'll keep bringing him up, just so we never forget him! xD
Was a pretty fun chacter if I remember correctly.

It's also been suggested to me by someone else that we should probably get together and brainstorm a bit when it comes to secondaries. Mainly so that we're not making characters no one would be interested in. But even if we don't take such a pessimistic outlook on things, it'd still be nice to see someone throw something in that's right up someones alley :P We'll see how things pan out for the time being though~

I'll be honest, it's totally just Melusine, yes.  :P
But laid back, playful older woman could hopefully work quite well with a lot of people, right?

SweetSerenade

Quote from: JoanieSappho on February 12, 2018, 12:57:19 PM
I'll be honest, it's totally just Melusine, yes.  :P
But laid back, playful older woman could hopefully work quite well with a lot of people, right?
She'd definitely work with Noel, she needs someone to keep her from burnout. xD And it'd be nice for Noel to have a mother figure in her life (since her own dipped out on the family xD )

Avalon29

Quote from: Leki on February 12, 2018, 12:15:06 PM

Yes something based on Shuten Doji is quite a bit different then my usual chacters but I find group tps great for experimenting with character types that are different then a player’s usual characters.

Probably should brainstorm a liitle to make sure a secondary is wanted though. Especially since the character I’m thinking of doing is a bit different then whst I usually go with. xD

If I end up going with the character, I’m imagining she had a personal slice of Veskra near a place with access to the other worlds other than Earth where she hosted feasts, drinking parties, and worked as a relatively safe place for various  negotiations. She wouldn’t gurantee you wouldn’t die but that the host at least wouldn’t try to intentionally kill you. Hospitality would probably be a big thing with her. Starting to lean towards a decadent noble/host for personality. Does that type of character sound interesting to interact with to anybody? Not much to go on yet I admit but enough for people to have an opinion on maybe?

MelodyCake

*Sneaks into the chat, and pretends he was here the whole time, cause he totally was*

Well, I will have a look at my characters, but I'm initially thinking of bringing in a relatively hostile and aggressive Shiki, and pretty much will think of the occultist he teams up with as his human pet xD He'll be from Errure, just want to finish catching up on the character sheets and such before I head into writing.

I should be able to be more active now for a few days, but I do have a 20hour flights coming up next weekend. Not looking forward to the flight itself, but very much for what awaits for me at my destination <3

But, if Leki decides on accepting secondaries as well, I'd be more then happy to bring another character into the group.

Avalon, I love that you are bringing Haru back! Let's be up to no good together again :P

Avalon29

Quote from: MelodyCake on February 12, 2018, 01:10:10 PM
Avalon, I love that you are bringing Haru back! Let's be up to no good together again :P

There was no way I wasn’t going to bring him back. He’s too much fun to consign him to the oblivion of group game characters that didn’t last. xD

There will be shenaningans again. One way or another. :P

Leki

@Alistair
Haha, good to hear you're still with us xD
I've got no idea what you're up to, but good luck :P
Must be important or at least pretty significant if it'll be taking up a month of your time~
I wouldn't write any of the characters off just yet, since people often tend to play out their characters differently to how the character sheet portrays them. I'm not implying that's what you're doing, just referring to the unpredictable nature of plot and a collective of imaginations xD
.... But yeah, more people~

@Joanie
Not sure how interested I'd be in Melusine for personal interactions, but I enjoyed reading her interactions in the past.
And I'm pretty sure there are plenty of characters who'd look forward to interacting with her.
Playful older woman should interest quite a few of the guys I'd think, plus... dragon women <3

@Avalon
I think the concept and basis your using is pretty interesting,
But I'd personally encourage people to create secondaries with a target audience in mind.
Cause lets face it, it'd suck to come up with a interesting idea, and then find out there's limited or no interest.
For example I might be interested in Haru and Tsukasa, and hence make a character that would be appeal to either of them.
Will say though that I don't want people to pigeon hole themselves into making characters for one specific character.
Overall I guess I'm just being a bit paranoid xD And this isn't me putting down the idea by any means.
I'd just keep doing what you're doing at the moment and fishing around for interest before deciding.
For me personally? Loud boastful women with a penchant for drinking doesn't immediately strike my fancy, but depending on how things are played out I could pretty easily change there xD

I would like to state though, that travelling between the three worlds is extremely rare.
I know I approved Tsukasa, but that was a pretty rare instance.
Charon is the most technologically advances, and might visit other worlds for research...
But Vekra would only be interested in doing so to conqueor or seek refuge, and the idea of characters moving from one world to another, only to be teleported to Earth seems a bit convoluted. As for Errure, they're pretty happy in their own world xD Desolate wasteland and concrete/marble palaces really aren't their thing xD

@Cake
Sounds interesting~
I think I've got a pretty good idea of who you're talking about, but I have to say the word 'hostile' is pretty subjective if I'm right xD
It's good to hear you've got more free time on your hands, but as I keep saying we're not in any huge hurry just yet :P
Technically speaking, personally I'm an impatient fool and pretty eager to see more characters xD

Avalon29

Quote from: Leki on February 12, 2018, 02:06:27 PM
@Avalon
I think the concept and basis your using is pretty interesting,
But I'd personally encourage people to create secondaries with a target audience in mind.
Cause lets face it, it'd suck to come up with a interesting idea, and then find out there's limited or no interest.
For example I might be interested in Haru and Tsukasa, and hence make a character that would be appeal to either of them.
Will say though that I don't want people to pigeon hole themselves into making characters for one specific character.
Overall I guess I'm just being a bit paranoid xD And this isn't me putting down the idea by any means.
I'd just keep doing what you're doing at the moment and fishing around for interest before deciding.
For me personally? Loud boastful women with a penchant for drinking doesn't immediately strike my fancy, but depending on how things are played out I could pretty easily change there xD

I would like to state though, that travelling between the three worlds is extremely rare.
I know I approved Tsukasa, but that was a pretty rare instance.
Charon is the most technologically advances, and might visit other worlds for research...
But Vekra would only be interested in doing so to conqueor or seek refuge, and the idea of characters moving from one world to another, only to be teleported to Earth seems a bit convoluted. As for Errure, they're pretty happy in their own world xD Desolate wasteland and concrete/marble palaces really aren't their thing. xD

Ah I get you. Pretty easy to ignore the boundry thing and instead just focus on Vekra for the whole thing. Figure having someone able to host meetings that isn’t actively trying to kill you and is a good place to have good food and drink would be a valuable commodit there. Especially if the host is also known as someone not to be trifled with and will kill you if you break the rules.  Mainly just brainstorming  a little and seeing if people are interested right now though. Won’t go far with the idea if nobody is interested in the character. But as we’ve got plenty of time before we start toying with an idea for a character seems like a fun way to pass the time. xD

Rynn

Quote from: Leki on February 11, 2018, 12:03:21 PMJust waiting on three Shiki sheets now, and the potential for any new players~
Plus Sephora, Akirakaneda, and Rynn too~ xP
I'm still here and keeping an eye on things. But I'm a bit busy this week and there hasn't been much that interests me in the way of characters either. I know you're looking for more females but there isn't really anything yet that makes me jump with excitement. Maybe Akira, but that's it.

Leki

Haha damn you people! xD
You're now the third person to tell me they'll sit on the sidelines and see how things develop >_<
If it'd help, people can fill in partial character sheets instead of completing the whole thing?
Just something to consider since I can understand people not wanting to write up a character sheet for a GRP their not committed to. :/

But besides that..... yeah xD
There really isn't much I can do about characters and matching people's preferences.
In fact the only person that can do anything is you~
If the number of characters that interest you are limited, jump in and start influencing people~
Avalon looks like a pretty easy target at the moment, pester him! xD (jk)

Gardsorm

Quote from: Leki on February 12, 2018, 03:01:36 PM
Haha damn you people! xD
You're now the third person to tell me they'll sit on the sidelines and see how things develop >_<
If it'd help, people can fill in partial character sheets instead of completing the whole thing?
Just something to consider since I can understand people not wanting to write up a character sheet for a GRP their not committed to. :/

But besides that..... yeah xD
There really isn't much I can do about characters and matching people's preferences.
In fact the only person that can do anything is you~
If the number of characters that interest you are limited, jump in and start influencing people~
Avalon looks like a pretty easy target at the moment, pester him! xD (jk)

It's not a lack of committal for me, more that I don't wanna feel like I'm gonna take a spot from someone else they wanted, haha~

Also, dammit, I was trying to avoid messaging in here until I decided but... D:

SweetSerenade

I have a Shiki I'm planning on making, my intentions were to make a male shiki - but if Leki wouldn't be opposed I might consider making a female but she would be quite literally strictly asexual and looking only for bonding opportunities to help. (I'm imagining her almost like a Guardian Angel type of character.) I'd be more than happy for friendships and all that, but given the demographics of the males in the game currently, they just aren't the type that any of my characters would enjoy. While I'd love for someone to make a male I'd enjoy, I also don't want to force someone to play a character they may not enjoy. <3 I could make my Shiki female just for gender balances sake, but I don't foresee her getting into relationships other than friendship? (Even for the sake of gaining power)

Leki

@Gardsorm
The Gardsorm has been baited~
We've been open to interest for a week now, so I think any spots that exist are free for the taking :P
Not going to repeat everything I've said in PM's, but it'd be a pleasure to have you sign up~
I know a few familiar faces that would appreciate seeing you around in here too xD

@SweetSerenade
No, I'm sorry. But if you're planning on making a female character they must be a lust-crazed nymphomaniac. No exceptions.
.... Obviously I'm kidding xD
It's entirely up to you as to whether you'd prefer to make a male or female character (or neither).
Personally I'd advise against making asexual characters from a conceptual stand point, since you never know when a character of interest might poke their way through. But that decision is also up to you.
I mean, just because a female character is heterosexual, that doesn't mean they have to make out with a guy at some point. :/

Gardsorm

Yes, I have been baited... For a while now. >_> I just like to wait and see.

I dunno what kind of guy you'd enjoy, but I feel it would be cheating to ask that anyway. =p I'll just say that whatever character I could come up with won't appeal to yours, but really I'm fine with that. I looked at this roleplay more for the fun potential and how well its world looked to me. Good interactions or bad, funny or demeaning to me, platonic or smutty, I'm willing to see how much of a bit of everything I can enjoy, since not everyone should join games with the explicit intent to bone someone elses, imo. x:

So if you did make that female Shiki, friendship is totally fine by me! It may not stop a guy from hitting on you, but still, there'll be fun interactions, and in the end that's really why I was interested.

EDIT: I will ALSO say that I'm still posting from phone, so... Forgive the typos and errors if any crop up, that doesn't usually happen. >_o Autocorrect just likes to think it knows better than me.

SweetSerenade

<3 It's just a testament to the fact that I'm picky about sexual situations, but completely alright with playful fun - and even dark events happening. I'm here for the fun, and I stay for the people. My characters getting pounded would just be a bonus. xD I'm more than alright with no sexual interactions because, in the end, it's not really that important? :3

Gardsorm

Quote from: SweetSerenade on February 12, 2018, 03:43:22 PM
<3 It's just a testament to the fact that I'm picky about sexual situations, but completely alright with playful fun - and even dark events happening. I'm here for the fun, and I stay for the people. My characters getting pounded would just be a bonus. xD I'm more than alright with no sexual interactions because, in the end, it's not really that important? :3

Well, great! I won't say to completely write them off since like Leki said, if a situation arises that you may want to have them experiment but you got locked in by your choice of sexuality, could be problematic. D:

That bing said, I've got someone to work on! Since I got dragged out into the open Luke this, so eff it, I'm in the running now.

MelodyCake

So? SS is not fine with sexual stuff with any of the current male cast, but it's cool if you take charge and noncon it  :P

But we have a Gardsom aboard as well! This will be fun, it's been a while Gard, how was your recent move?
J/k J/K I hope you haven't had to move again recently xD

SweetSerenade

Quote from: MelodyCake on February 12, 2018, 04:09:15 PM
So? SS is not fine with sexual stuff with any of the current male cast, but it's cool if you take charge and noncon it  :P

But we have a Gardsom aboard as well! This will be fun, it's been a while Gard, how was your recent move?
J/k J/K I hope you haven't had to move again recently xD

Not exactly? XD I mean even Non-con wise none of the guys tickle the fancy, and I don't think this will be set in a location where Non-con is allowed. Coercion is one thing, but Non-con is different. Even still, they only one I'd even vaguely consider on that angle is Leki's? XD But that's just of what I've seen so far. RP might change my mind? But as characters currently are they aren't to my tastes so thus not to my lady's taste? (I think all the characters are absolutely amazing by the way, just not for romantic/sexual purposes with my character. They are either too adorable, too abrasive, or subby... xD )

Alistair Leonhart

I thought I had stated my reasons for taking a month off the internet, but it boils down to: I'll be visiting Cuba, my natal country, and there's no internet in Cuba (or at least, not fast or cheap enough to get anything done), from tonight to March 13th, so I won't be able to come by, read the IC, or post during that time. It's been two years since I was last able to visit my family and friends back there, and I wouldn't give up the chance for anything in the world, but it does mean I'll be missing the first couple weeks of the game (which is completely alright if no one else minds, I can catch up fairly quickly and try to get involved afterwards.) I hope that cleared up my reasons for it

Vonandi

Greetings,

I was wondering if there is still a need for more female characters? I'd be willing to play either an Occultist or a Shiki and I can tailor my character depending on the needs of the group, Though I think I'd prefer to be a Shiki.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Vonandi on February 12, 2018, 05:38:18 PM
Greetings,

I was wondering if there is still a need for more female characters? I'd be willing to play either an Occultist or a Shiki and I can tailor my character depending on the needs of the group, Though I think I'd prefer to be a Shiki.

If you wanna see what we have so far you can look at the roster on the first page, or look at the profiles in the Info section :3 But I do believe Female Shikis are still being accepted. :3