Vampire: The Masquerade Interest Check

Started by Jaded, July 28, 2016, 04:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolbrandr

It seems like V20 is the preference, so we can go with that (though Revised shouldn't be too hard to port if that is all someone has access to). 

Fair enough. I'll be bowing out then, but I do hope the game works out for you regardless.

Jaded

Quote from: RubySlippers on July 30, 2016, 07:06:55 AM
Which sect are we doing Camarilla or Sabbat?

Camarilla.

Quote from: Riveda on July 30, 2016, 07:16:28 AM
Will it be possible to buy up Backgrounds with starting XP in some way?

EDIT: Ugh, I don't think I can manage this. Sorry. But the question stands, because others will need to know the answer.

Hrm.  I could do freebie points, but is annoying to mix, so will say Current Rating + 1 (so 1 for the first rank, 2 for the second, 3 for the third, etc.  15 for 0-5)

Ah, sorry you can't manage it. :-( 

Quote from: KrataLightblade on July 30, 2016, 09:40:03 AM
Sound good?

Looks good. :-)

Quote from: Kolbrandr on July 30, 2016, 11:19:10 AM
Fair enough. I'll be bowing out then, but I do hope the game works out for you regardless.

Sorry. :-(

BenedictWolfe

I would prefer some direction from the ST with a lesser focus on sand-box.

Also, I should ask, is a Tlacique permissible? If only strict Camarilla clans are allowed I will have to go back to the drawing board.
Julio

Julio Cenyaotl arrived in Miami during the mass Embraces encouraged by Alfred, chasing a Sabbat Kindred for reasons unrelated to the local conflict. A consummate deceiver he blended in with fledgling Caitiff and seemingly joined the Camarilla cause, all the while pursuing his own quarry.

In truth, Julio is a Tlacique from central Mexico, Nahua by birth, and has for many decades resisted the Sabbat in his homeland along with his clanmates. Equal parts warrior, spy and mystic, Julio has been pursuing a particular Sabbat from the jungles of east Mexico to the docks of Miami, and his ambitions are focused solely upon catching his prey. To this end he has aided the Camarilla in their struggle against the current Sabbat incursion in Miami, making enough of a name for himself to come to the notice of people he would have preferred never knew of his existence: It's not merely the Sabbat that would do harm to a Setite blood sorcerer in Miami.

The current lull in hostilities has made it harder for Julio to carry out his own mission against the Sabbat and he now finds he has to look for assistance if he is to bring down his quarry.

Miroque

Is there still room for an camarilla excemplary application ? (Tremere apprentice of the year)

BenedictWolfe

Well, we only have one confirmed character (KrataLightblade's), so I'm sure there's plenty of space for more.

Jaded

Quote from: BenedictWolfe on July 31, 2016, 01:08:29 AM
Also, I should ask, is a Tlacique permissible? If only strict Camarilla clans are allowed I will have to go back to the drawing board.

That should be fine. :-)

Quote from: Miroque on July 31, 2016, 07:40:47 PM
Is there still room for an camarilla excemplary application ? (Tremere apprentice of the year)

There is still room, though I believe AndyZ expressed interest in joining as a Tremere. 

Miroque

is there an character thread coming up, or will we post our application here or directly to you?

RubySlippers

Odelia  Martel
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Born in the United States in 1890 she was embraced by a Malkavian Elder in 1916 after she was mortally wounded in a Zepplin bombing in England, who was her lover at the time, and inducted into the Camarilla shortly thereafter in London being twelve generations from Caine.

She has before that a career as an artists model, a writer of steampunk horror novels most quite risqué for the time and one recently made into a motion picture earning some accolades and a re-release of her books which pleases her and was and still is one of the most exquisite looking women one will see among the mortals and among vampires and the cause of her insanity. She simply revels in this which would be unseemly for most Kindred as a waste of time and well warps her personality she feels she is a gift to the world in her being in it, gracing it with her beauty and grace and is shallow now. That doesn't mean impractical when the Grand Prank happened she was unaffected and always was one of the most "sane" of her clan in any area the ones that run things and she does - in a manner of speaking - well she has parties to attend and clubbing to do and buying clothes and selecting the right look and trying her best to inspire mortals and immortals to admire her. That uses up an amount of her precious time.

She arrived in New York more recently and although built up a decent shallow domain however she did come with her personal fortune of funds from carefully made investments over the decades, so money does tend to open door and grease the mortal ex machina of their institutions to some degree helping her../spoiler]

Will suffer from the enlightenment of one version of this Personality Disorder but in a vampire so its hardly funny: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histrionic_personality_disorder

Miroque

"I am here to serve.. You, if there is something I can do for you. If not, maybe there is someone you know, that I can serve?"

Name: Mai Ling
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black, Long
Build: Slender, Athletic
Sex: Female
Race: Oriental (Chinesse)
Height: 5' (151cm)
Weight: 105lb (46.8kg)
Actual Age: 68
Apparent Age: 19
Appearance
Mei dresses conservatively while among the kindred, but she loved to test new fashions and suck in the pulse of life. Something she never felt while alive.
Personality
Mei has perfect face and body for any fashion magazines, but her eyes are shadowy and dark like she had seen too much for her young age. Her black hair is normally kept in long ponytail and outside the strict rules of chantries, she dresses up with goth fashion.
Background
Mai Ling was daughter of doctor and his wife. As the second world war hit and Japanice soldiers toke over Sanghai, she was sent into consentration camp with her parents. That was the place, where her gift manifested. She started to gain nightmarish visions of days to come.

First she spoke about them only with her mother, but word got around, as few of her visions came to pass. Most importantly the decapitation of her father, as she refused to bow the camp leader when he walked past them. Mei had spoken it with her mother, who knew Mei was touched by the ancestral spirits. Mei also knew her mother would die before the year was full, to famine that was to ravage the camp, but she was too afraid to tell anyone. German officer, Hans Uriah, who was visiting the camp, got word of the child that suposed to possess gift of foresight, and him being an ghoul to prominent member of House Tremere and heavily into arcane studies himself, he asked the child to be handed to him. Camp leader was gifted with germanic arms and tanks as Mei was handed to the whiteskinned devil. Somehow she did not manage to pierce his future, like it was shrouded from her.

War went as it went and Mei was raised by Hans in Vienna, where his master lived. As soon as Mei turned 19, she was ghouled to the house and the clan, and molded toward the greatness of the clan and her to be Sire. Magic in her died and rebirthed into something new. Her avatar, one she did not even knew to possess changed into beast within. Even she was only ghouled, her thirst for knowledge and power was something her dominor noticed. Her magic made her sucpectible to spiritual powers, and her dominor made sure she was taught by the masters of the art.

Wilhelm Swartsteele, elder of the house and the clan embraced Mei at her 50th birthday, and bind her to the Pyramid, as one of the few female magi.

Now, she was send back to the world, to seek out her vengeance. The Japanice officer that murdered hr parents, was in deed somehow still alive and somewhere southeast parts fo US. Mai cared not, if that man would have been Justicar, Inner Cirle member or Archon, he was going to pay what he had done to her, something her sire knew was boiling inside her, and he send his trusted ghoul with her, to keep her unharmed and offer his vast skills to her, if she needed them. Elder William had seeked out information about Daiki Chinen, and he's name was not known to any Camarilla contact he contacted, and it made him an person of intrest atleast, in Clan books.

Jaded

I will try to work on the setting a bit more this week, and get things started by the weekend or early next week.  Sorry for the delay. 

Jaded

I'm going to hold off on running this I think, apologies to everyone for wasting the effort you put in, but I should find a group game or two to play in before I try and run another one and burn myself out.  :P