A new walking dead roleplay

Started by playfullchick76, May 26, 2012, 06:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

playfullchick76

Im going through the first season, and love  it, and would also like to play out a roleplay set in the Walking Dead verse in here.

My character would be a Marine Lieutenant, who got out of Atlanta the night it fell to the hordes of undead. I would have gotten out with three others in a humvee, but after six weeks, I'm the only one still alive.

If this appeals to anyone, let me know.

CrisNoWait

What's your fancy? My profile tells a little about me, being new I have no other logs here yet. I would love a Walking Dead RP ^.^ do you prefer OC's or cannon?

playfullchick76

New is good, new is very good. I'm ok with either, as Im only up to episode four in the series. It can be set near Atlanta if you like, or elsewhere.

CrisNoWait

Thanks, work's for me! XD. Since I'm the virgin >.> Elliquiy V.

How shall this work. You gave the plot (more or less) But I'm not sure what type of partner you would like.

I'm very flexible. u_u though I haven't played many female roles >.> so it could be an epic fail?  But give me a chance! I could try and if it's not working.. We can decide then what to do.
Seriously suck at multiple characters until I get into the story. When it comes to writing my creativity is part global and part intuitive. The big picture intrigues me but understanding how it all fits together inspires me the most, really builds my desire to develop and expand a story. So give me some things you'd like in a partner (if any). O_O Really if any character will do "that is" a starting point.

Important details
I'd feel less apprehensive building my character bio around your character. At least I think that's what I mean. Basically if I understand what you like I can build a character that works in the roleplay (according to me) :D Of course I want to leave room for randomness; I'd rather avoid creating a character that your character would abhor.

Character sex: >.> male or female
Character personality type: Dom / Sub (personality - not sexual preference)
Appearance: (pictures or names of actors / musicians work great)
Genre: I know O_o Zombie MA (mature adult) XD Other than gore? >.>
Minimum / Maximum post length: (only if you have one.) FYI I rarely do one liners unless the actions in the roleplay call for it for some odd reason and we are replying each other quickly. Average post would be about 200 - 300 words, although my norms usually twice that. Personally no particular preference, the usual spelling / grammar check; typo's happen and it's not a big deal as long as my partner seems to make an effort at correcting.  ^.^ However text walls send me in a fetal position. T_T I feel inadequate when I encounter one.   

If you like we can do some test writing see if I have what you're looking for. >//> What type of character is your Marine?

playfullchick76

Ok, firstly, you can play the character that you want, male or female, whichever works best for you. I want you to be happy and comfortable with your role, which leads to a smoother roleplay.

For my characters bio, she would be from a Marine unit in Florida, rushed to Atlanta to bolster the garrison and local cops there with her unit. But of course, there were too many undead for even those many guns to hold back. She would have been in Supply, but rushed into combat once it was clear that more guns, even those of the rear soldiers, would be needed.

For a roleplay like this, sub and dom themes dont quite fit. We would both be equal. This is a story, a world that we're creating, and I like it to expand and grow with what we put in. We're only limited by our imaginations, after all.

As to posting length, at least a few paragraphs. I dont expect thousands of words, enough to keep the roleplay going, and bouncing off what the other is putting in.
I try  not to make typos. I miss some comma's, try not to hold it against me.

If you want, I can do the opening post, tell you which forum its in, and if you like it, you post a reply. How does that sound.

CrisNoWait

:D Sounds like a great plan!

I'm gonna tweak a bio for my character. You posted this thread at the right moment, because I was - at one point - trying to recruit players for a zombie RP on a journal site. v_v epic fail. I really look forward to drawing out the characters I had in mind. ^w^ Would you like my IM for off site plotting >.> or we could plot here.. Either works for me and I tend to avoid IM lately since it distracts me from everything else O.O like tagging my partner. Although if we have a IM date / time for meeting up then I'll certainly log in and talk with you.

Other than that I'd love to move forward on this roleplay. Thanks again for posting ^__^ Zombie Yeah!