Godhome (Possible NCEF Game)

Started by Vandren, March 12, 2006, 09:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vandren

Thought I'd dust off an old idea and see if there're any takers . . .

Godhome

Godhome is the place from which all deities come.  It is a palace of unearthly proportions and insane architecture placed squarely in the center of the multiverse.  Not only do deities originate here, but they return here from time to time to meet, politic, and fraternize with others of their kind, and their servants.  Anything goes at Godhome, even reality itself can be warped (in a small scale - say a max. 100’, 31m, radius).

The gods and goddesses bring their closest servatns, and acquire new servants, here as well.  Treatment of these mortals, or near mortals, varies widely, depending on the deity.  However 90% of servants are attached to a deity.  Those who have not sworn themselves to a given deity are free, on one hand, but they have no protection from the other gods and their servants.

Rules
1) Have fun.
2) Obey the Site Rules.
3) Respect the limits of other players/characters.
4) No god moding (posting other characters' reactions/thougths).
5) No copywritten characters (Elric, Dragonball, etc.)
6) No real world divinities (Zeus, Odin, etc.)
7) No power limits (deities always beat servants, though).
8) Players may have as many characters as they like.

Any interest?  If at least four people are interested, I'll request a board.  Probably in NCEF due to the potential for deities and servants to be of any race/species/appearance.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Elvi

*smiles sweetly*
Soooooooo........finally decided to run it as a game did you?
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Vandren

Quote from: Elvi on March 12, 2006, 10:14:50 AM
*smiles sweetly*
Soooooooo........finally decided to run it as a game did you?

In a modified version.  Not quite the same in that the deities aren't trapped in one area.  :)
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Strife

Ooooh, sounds gewd. *will pop by*
"Those who embody defiance, Shall meet with a deadly fatigue"

Sexual Orientation: Straight
Sexual Standing: Dominant (Although i dont mind playing sub)
Limits: site limits, guy/guy.

King_Furby

Personally I have seen that kind of idea in many places and few of them have ever worked. I give you props on trying to run and do wish you the best of luck, it's just not my kind of thing. Perhaps if you had the right players it would work out good, but my faith in ideas like that is low. I hope it works out for you..best wishes.

Vandren

Quote from: StrifeOoooh, sounds gewd. *will pop by*

That'll be two, assuming Elvi's interested.  :)

Quote from: King_Furby on March 12, 2006, 02:45:40 PM
Personally I have seen that kind of idea in many places and few of them have ever worked. I give you props on trying to run and do wish you the best of luck, it's just not my kind of thing. Perhaps if you had the right players it would work out good, but my faith in ideas like that is low. I hope it works out for you..best wishes.

That's odd.  Every time I've seen something vaguely like this run, it's become one of the most popular and most active games/boards on the site (3-4 different sites, depending on whether this one's included or not). 

I suppose I'll take that as a pointless post, seeing as it was totally needless.  *shrug*

King_Furby

I disagree at your post about mine being pointless. Nothing in life is pointless and everyone has something different to say, if you did not agree that would have been more than fine to say so and leave it at that. I did wish you the best and I am sorry that you took my post the wrong way, with text it's sometimes hard to understand the tone someone is really using. I hope your idea works for you, just because it's not for me does not mean anything and should not rain on your parade. Don't like my view discourage you, it's your idea and I do see there are others that like it.

My idea was not odd and there are many I know that would think the say way I do. It's was just my view and nothing else, it's best not to let what others say stop you from doing anything.

Best of wishes from the king of all furbies

Vandren

Quote from: King_Furby on March 12, 2006, 03:26:37 PM
I disagree at your post about mine being pointless. Nothing in life is pointless

I'm not interested in debating, but . . . it's really quite simple.

No one forced you to post.  The thread was created to see if there's interest in a particular game/board.  If you have no interest, don't post.  See, simple.

QuoteDon't like my view discourage you

Where exactly am I discouraged?  You give yourself far too much credit.

TigreFatalis

*gently guides the testosterone to different corners as she steps into the ring*

I'm interested in playing.  Any suggestions for character creation?  I mean, beyond the stated.  Would you have freeform or system?  If you want dice/system... not sure I could comply with that.  I'm far to creative [lazy] to actually research a game system.  *grins*

However, I'd like to be kept up to date on the progress of your game.  I think it sounds interesting at the least.  I'd like to know more about it.

*leaves the ring, allowing the testosterone battle to continue*
Sexual orientation: Straight
BDSM orientation: Switch
Ons/Offs - Updated September 2014
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4504.0

Back and poking around a little.

King_Furby

No insult was intended, sorry if you misunderstood me. It happens over the internet, sorry it happened to us. I am not going to argue over this, i was just stateing an opinion nothing more. No need to take someone with the user name King_Furby serious, honeslty how immature am I.

*The furby now takes his leave..got a kingdom to run*

Strife

Hum, well I see the different sides; on the one end you have the unimaginable god-modding chances and deterioration of role-play over short periods of time, which is usually the cause with inexperienced and immature players. Then you have the second, more adult side of things … which brings a lot of unbarred imagination and delightful expanse to the story, creating an interesting and attractable RP.

Personally, i believe there is more experience than inexperience here in elliquiy to make this work  :P

Vandren

To answer the serious questions from intersted parties . . .

Definitely freeform.  :)  There's really no point in a system when there're no limits (side note, the no limits thing is working nicely in Champions of Justice NCEF and elsewhere).

As noted in the posted rules, god moding won't be allowed (god moding being defined as posting another PC's actions/reactions/thoughts).  Munchkining (a.k.a. Powergaming; definied as going for the biggest and best powers, etc.) won't matter, since everyone can do it, again, see Champions of Justice in NCEF as a great example of this working.  :)  Honestly, I see little to no problem with potential munchiness, largely because there are at least two avenues to work out the results of potential IC conflicts in an OOC forum.  I see no reason for IC conflicts to work any differently than in any other freeform game/board.

Last note . . . that makes 3, assuming Elvi's in, so one more and I'll request a board.

Strife

Mmmm, my bad "Powergaming" not "godmoding", ive always seemingly remembered the two as one, old habbits die hard  ::)

Vandren

Quote from: Strife on March 12, 2006, 06:29:15 PM
Mmmm, my bad "Powergaming" not "godmoding", ive always seemingly remembered the two as one, old habbits die hard  ::)

NP.  I've seen that a lot of times.  :)

Seriously, though, I don't see powergaming as an issue in this case.  It hasn't proven to be a problem in Champions (which I've been with from its conception, despite a brief hiatus), and can work well enough, so long as the meager list of other rules are followed.

Creeper

I've been thinking of running something like this using a modification Noblis system (a diceless game for God-like Characters), so I'd be very interested.
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

Strife

Well, idealy each deity should have a weakness, for example; a water deity can only exist where there is water, end the supply of water and the deity either dies or becomes to weak to fight.

Just my 2 cents  ;D

Elvi

[/goddess mode]

Furby, whether you were 'raining on Vandren's parade' or not.
That was a very negative and unhelpful post.
"In your experience" is obviously not in elliquiy's experience, as there are, still running and have been, in the past, quite a few games that are this sort of format.
I have a game running now where one side are daemons, the other mortals.
The daemons have all of the power and although the game is very slow at the moment due to the players exam/break times and real world issues, it is still current.

Vandren, deep breath please.
Of all the people on here, I didn't think that I would have to tell you that you need to take a breath and calm a little.
You are a seasoned roleplayer here and in other places, you know the players here and you know what will and won't work.
I am surprised that you have taken Furby's comment so much to heart.

[/goddess mode]

Elvi

The only thing I did, just to make sure that the powergaming bit was cut out of game, on Seven deadly sins, was to say that powers had to be stated at conception and any not added then (unless needed to be added for a specific reason), would not be allowed.

Nobody has asked for extra powers, nobody has complained that they have been victims of powergaming.

And yes Vandren, I am in, of course......*grins* 

Strife

The RED it blinds my eyes!!  :'(

King_Furby

Everyone comes from somewhere else and I am glad you said something without taking sides. I probably should have gone about it another way or not at all, but everywhere else I have been welcomed comments either positive, negative, or bad. I did not actually slam his idea, i never said it was bad i just stated my opinion. Well now i know how this thing works and what custom is and how people react here. I just did not expect a reaction at that. Well I made a mistake and I will be first to admit it, i am very unhappy that i got taken wrong. Thanks Elvi I thank you, again sorry to all who thought i meant it in a way i obviously did not.

Quote from: Elvi on March 12, 2006, 06:48:27 PM
[/goddess mode]

Furby, whether you were 'raining on Vandren's parade' or not.
That was a very negative and unhelpful post.
"In your experience" is obviously not in elliquiy's experience, as there are, still running and have been, in the past, quite a few games that are this sort of format.
I have a game running now where one side are daemons, the other mortals.
The daemons have all of the power and although the game is very slow at the moment due to the players exam/break times and real world issues, it is still current.

Vandren, deep breath please.
Of all the people on here, I didn't think that I would have to tell you that you need to take a breath and calm a little.
You are a seasoned roleplayer here and in other places, you know the players here and you know what will and won't work.
I am surprised that you have taken Furby's comment so much to heart.

[/goddess mode]

Strife

Mmmm, well lets forget it then, bigons be bigons ... im sure both parties can make up  ;D

*hands out SPECIAL pie*

King_Furby

*Takes a bite out of the special pie, and hands out furby lazer of awesomeness*

Could not have been more said Strife

Elvi

Quote from: King_Furby on March 12, 2006, 06:57:44 PM
Everyone comes from somewhere else and I am glad you said something without taking sides. I probably should have gone about it another way or not at all, but everywhere else I have been welcomed comments either positive, negative, or bad. I did not actually slam his idea, i never said it was bad i just stated my opinion. Well now i know how this thing works and what custom is and how people react here. I just did not expect a reaction at that. Well I made a mistake and I will be first to admit it, i am very unhappy that i got taken wrong. Thanks Elvi I thank you, again sorry to all who thought i meant it in a way i obviously did not.

[/goddess mode]

It is not my place as goddess to take sides unless of course it is a blatant attack upon someone.

I will, however, say that your comment was negative and could have been phrased better.
There is nothing wrong with saying that a game is, in your opinion, not going to work, but it is also better to try and give an opinion as to how you see it could be improved.   

I suggest that instead of continueing the arguement, that unless you do have further comment upon the workings of the game and how to improve it, that you let it drop and allow those who do have an interest and contributions to make, continue.

[/goddess mode]

(Oh and Stire, you're lucky I could have done THIS ......*grins evily in an Elvi type way*)

Hunter

Quote from: Elvi on March 12, 2006, 07:24:08 PM

(Oh and Stire, you're lucky I could have done THIS ......*grins evily in an Elvi type way*)

[/off topic]She's so cute when she's being evilish.   :P[/off topic]

Strife

Please ... dont quote the evil blinding imagery!  >:(

*chews on elvi's hair*

Elvi

OY!
Are you two wandering aorund threads sniping at each other on purpose, or is it an unhappy coincidence?
Just don't make me have to use the red again!

*bangs both heads together*

Vandren

Quote from: CreeperI've been thinking of running something like this using a modification Noblis system (a diceless game for God-like Characters), so I'd be very interested.

Ok, that makes four.  :)

Quote from: StrifeWell, idealy each deity should have a weakness, for example; a water deity can only exist where there is water, end the supply of water and the deity either dies or becomes to weak to fight.

I've got a spot on the profiles for weaknesses, for both types.  Ideally, powers will fit in with the sphere of influence te deity has as well. For example, it'd make no sense for, say, Loki (due to his association with fire) to have control over water.  :)

Quote from: ElviThe only thing I did, just to make sure that the powergaming bit was cut out of game, on Seven deadly sins, was to say that powers had to be stated at conception and any not added then (unless needed to be added for a specific reason), would not be allowed.

That's the basic idea, powers have to be listed in the character profiles.  Oh, and servants can have powers to, though I think a maximum limit of 3 sounds good.  :)

So, since four have "signed" on the dotted line . . ., Ms. Elvi (more than one Elvis? ;)) could I please get a board entitled "Godhome" under NCEF?

Elvi

Would it be better if we saw details of what you need from us for characters etc, before hand Vandren?

I know that you are eagre (as ever), but it may be worth waiting another day to see who else is interested and what you want from players. (races/gender etc.)

Vandren

Sure, I can post what I've got.  :)

Intro
Godhome is the place from which all deities come.  It is a palace of unearthly proportions and insane architecture placed squarely in the center of the multiverse.  Not only do deities originate here, but they return here from time to time to meet, politic, and fraternize with others of their kind, and their servants.  Anything goes at Godhome, even reality itself can be warped (in a small scale - say a max. 100’, 31m, radius).

The gods and goddesses bring their closest servants, and acquire new servants, here as well.  Treatment of these mortals, or near mortals, varies widely, depending on the deity.  However 90% of servants are attached to a deity.  Those who have not sworn themselves to a given deity are free, on one hand, but they have no protection from the other gods and their servants.

Rules
1) Have fun.
2) Obey the Site Rules.
3) Respect the limits of other players/characters.
4) No god moding (posting another PC's thoughts, actions, or reactions).
5) No copywritten characters (Elric, Dragonball, etc.)
6) No real world divinities (Zeus, Odin, etc.)
7) No power limits, as such (deities always beat servants, though, unless the players involved work out something else).

Players may have as many characters as they like.

Character Sheet, Deity
There are certain powers that all divinities share:
1) Teleportation – deities can appear anywhere at any time, unless another deity blocks this ability for a given area (say a temple or private room).
2) Indestructibility – deities are immortal so long as they have at least one follower/believer.  Some might be able to get injured, but they can never die.

Name
Apparent Age:
Sphere(s):

Description: (physical, inc. scars/tattoos/clothing)

Personality:

Powers: (practically unlimited, should be related to sphere or spheres)

Weakness(es): (again, should be related to sphere or spheres)

Background:

Preferred Servants: (qualities, races, genders, etc., to give other players an idea)

Two Fantasies:
1)
2)

Limitations: Site Rules

Character Sheet, Servant
Name
Race:
Age / Apparent Age:
Deity:

Personality:

Powers: (maximum of 3)

Weakness(es):

Background:

Preferred Divinity: (type, qualities, etc., to give other players an idea)

Two Fantasies:
1)
2)

Sample Deity

Shelnas
Apparent Age: late-20s (usually)
Sphere(s): Change, Metamorphosis

Description: Shelnas is a lord of change and metamorphosis.  Therefore, his appearance is highly fluid.  Usually, however, he prefers to stick to male forms, pleasing to the eye, and relatively young for their species.  More often than not, he chooses Elven, Dwarven, or Human shapes.  That said, he has been known to take female forms and those of other races.  Generally, these are based on the preferences of the individual he is trying to impress or seduce.  In all of his shapes, though, he has violet eyes.

Personality: Because of his nature and role, Shelnas’ personality is best described as mercurial or capricious.  He is as changeable in demeanor as he is in appearance.  One moment he can be caring and introverted, the next a vicious extrovert.  There is no real pattern to his mood swings.

Powers:
- Mutability: As a god of change and metamorphosis, Shelnas can change his physical shape into literally anything.  He can change species, gender, a body part, or into an inanimate object.  This change is instantaneous.
- Telepathy: He has a form of telepathy.  With his servants, this is true telepathy of the thought reading and mind sending kind.  With others, this is limited to being able to determine what form is most pleasing to them and what form is most frightening (this also works with his servants).
- Shadow/Light: A side effect of his nature is the ability to manipulate shadows and light.  He can animate shadows, make them lengthen or disappear.  He can also change the ambient light in an area from sunburst to the dimmest candle at will.
- Influence Chance: As a divinity of change, Shelnas has the ability to manipulate seemingly random, chance, events.  This can range from influencing a die roll or coin flip to determining where the results of a ricochet go.
- Change Other: He also has the ability to physically, emotionally, or otherwise change any individual (who isn’t fully divine).  The difficulty depends on the willingness of the subject to change (someone who is really resistant could take years and lots of effort).  Shelnas uses this ability to mold and craft his servants into pleasing shapes and to aid his followers.

Weakness(es):
- No Base Form: Because of his abilities, Shelnas has no base form or core identity.
- Mercurial Nature: His mercurial nature can cause problems both for him and his servants/followers.

Background: Shelnas has been worshipped by shapeshifters, weres, and morphs by a few names on four medieval tech worlds for centuries.  He is reasonably powerful and has used this power and influence for his own enjoyment for the last two or three centuries.  On the worlds, mortals tend to view him with a mixture of awe and dread as his followers have received visions from their god from time to time alternately telling them to aid and heal those not like them or to destroy non-shifters as the shifters themselves have been destroyed.  On at least one world, where he is worshipped by morphs, he is also known as a god of thieves and darkness, called the Knife in the Dark by non-believers.  There he is a figure of deception and dishonor and his followers are hunted down.  On another, where the weres who worship him practically rule the world, he is worshipped as their highest divinity.  This disparity meshes perfectly with Shelnas’ personality and desires.

Preferred Servants: Humanoid, Female (Males might be accepted), Shapeshifters (typically), Varied personalities, generally prefers small to average cleavage (B-C cup, though A is acceptable).

Two Fantasies:
1) He hasn’t had a kitten servant in a long time.  Shelnas would love to turn one of his female servants into a perfect little sex kitten to serve his every desire.  (Could involve either seduction or more physical coercion.)
2) Any kind of situation with multiple partners.

Limitations: Site Rules, Male-Male

Strife

Hmm, I still believe 1 sphere would be more than plenty for a god, most deities ive known have only had powers as far as their element allows, for example; A deity of shadow should have shadow powers, where as a deity of fortune should have fortune assisting powers, however when both of these cross and become one with another form of deity, an unbalance is created ... hence a higher being above that of ordinary deities  :-\

Just my 2 cents.

Note: I am actually looking forward to this, however I had planned to play the role of a deity, with the single core power of separation (much like the morphing ability, with some exceptions) however it seems as if I’d be severely lacking if I were to only have the 1 power, hence bringing about my troubles.   :-[

Vandren

Quote from: Strife on March 13, 2006, 04:30:58 AMHmm, I still believe 1 sphere would be more than plenty for a god, most deities ive known have only had powers as far as their element allows, for example; A deity of shadow should have shadow powers, where as a deity of fortune should have fortune assisting powers, however when both of these cross and become one with another form of deity, an unbalance is created ... hence a higher being above that of ordinary deities  :-\

The only issue I have with that is this:

The only place single sphere deities show up is in RPGs (AD&D and its spawn).  If we look at real world deities (ok, I'm a mythology buff and married to a Classicist, sue me ;)) all of them have multiple areas of influence.  Example: Athena - ancient Greece, patron goddess of the city-state Athens.  Her major areas of influence covered: wisdom, technology, weaving, warfare, cunning, and victory (as Pallas Athena).  Of those, the most important were warfare and wisdom.  Did she overlap?  Yep, a bit with Ares.  However, he was a deity of everything negative about warfare, rather barbaric warfare, while she was the goddess of "civilized" warfare (the strategy, tactics, etc.)

As to unbalance, given that the divinities can be pulled from an infinite number of worlds/dimensions, I see no problem with having three war gods, for instance.  Real Earth cultures have had multiple war gods, for instance (ancient Greece had two, as noted above, the Norse had several dozen as all their gods were war gods, etc.).  The crossover unbalance, well, I can only cite Champions and a few other games here on Elliquiy where this hasn't happened despite severe crossover between characters.

Strife

Mmmm, well if thats the case ... improvements are in dire need  8)

Elvi

You have to remember Strife that in freeform, the only rules there are to follow are the ones that the GM/Mod set. Players have a lot more freedom of movement, there is little to restrain them other than their own skills in writing and what they have agreed.

And yes Vandren (our own little interest in common rears it's head), most of the Norse Gods/Goddesses had a dealing in war.
They were seen more as real people with multiple facets.
Hel, (Oh how I love her) the Lady of the shadows, not only cannived and tormented, but her job was to give those who did not die in battle, a place to be. This of course meant that many women and children became 'hers' and was reputed to be kind and gentle.

So you see Strife, it is not always being powered up that gives you power and it is not so clearly cut when talking of deities.
Helheim, (from which the christian hell is derived), was not just a place of torment, it was a place of rest, happiness and sanctuary.

Strife

Meh, i have much to learn, up until elliquiy ive practiced mostly D&D systems, most of which including very little detail, ive thought of myself as a king among shits, and now im a shit among kings/queens  *feels all warm* :o

PS: sorry for the use of language.

Vandren

(Posting from work, and suffering from writers' block, so this is my only post for the moment.)

As Elvi noted, freeform is pretty broad (though I don't agree that it gives more freedom than a system, but I'm a big GURPS 3rd ed. fan, so . . .).

Power levels of characters really doesn't matter much.  The idea is not to see who's got the biggest equipment so (s)he can win the game.  The idea's to put together a collective story and have fun.  Additionally, I can point to my two characters at Champions - Minoru Kaga and Seventy-Six/Maia - who're probably the weakest of the characters in terms of the powers they have.  They've also been lots of fun to play.

Elvi

(though I don't agree that it gives more freedom than a system, but I'm a big GURPS 3rd ed. fan, so . . .).

PAH!
I say.....
PAH!

Vandren

I know, I know, you and those damn numbers.  :D 

GURPS is different, though.  Really (the numbers are used to buy things that have real names, for one thing).

Elvi

Vandren

Quote from: Elvi on March 13, 2006, 10:53:23 AM
*grinds teeth*

Well  :P  :)

Oh, I shoudl also point out (I clarified this in my notes today), servants include, but are not limited to: constructs, normal mortals, mortals with some power(s), angelic/demonic figures, and demi-gods.

On the other note . . . do we still have four or more interested parties?  (I'm assuming Strife is still interested, and have Elvi added in for 2.)

Elvi

(I'm assuming Strife is still interested, and have Elvi added in for 2.)

Do you mean as two or have you volunteered me to play two characters?

Strife

aye, we're both playing 2 characters each, thats 4!  8)

TigreFatalis

I'm in as a goddess with an NPC servant/toy/guardian.  At least until an appropriate replacement can be found.
Sexual orientation: Straight
BDSM orientation: Switch
Ons/Offs - Updated September 2014
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4504.0

Back and poking around a little.

Vandren

Quote from: Elvi on March 13, 2006, 01:31:25 PMDo you mean as two or have you volunteered me to play two characters?

Yes.  :)

As #2.  So, with Sapphire, that'd make 3.  One more.  :)

Elvi

Vandren

Quote from: Elvi on March 13, 2006, 02:49:42 PM
head hurts
*grins*

*looks around for Strangely*

Ya know, there was a medical study a few years ago that found that sex is a good cure for headaches . . . :)

Elvi

Not the kind I get from you lot it doesn't.....

Vandren

Quote from: Elvi on March 13, 2006, 07:02:11 PM
Not the kind I get from you lot it doesn't.....

Sorry, can't help ya there.  I'd guess I've got about 40-50 lbs. of gaming books lying around (GURPS and WoD mostly, one Shadowrun, the Planescape boxed set, the original Cyerpunk 2013 box set, I think that covers it).  :)

strenoth

and I wander once more back to elliquy, specifically because I heard of this game which interests me greatly. I've barley done more than introduce myself here a long time ago.

Hmmm, now if I were to play, whom should I play as? I actually have 2 full dieties I can easily pull from my world, and they are such opposites.

On the one hand, I have Zagaroth, a unique Dragon Diety who would find much in common with Bahamut. In my homebrew world, and Elder Dieties, and the genises of the orginal dragon race, which became the many dragon races of that world after a Great War.

and the other is Strenoth, the handle I used here (simply because i used Strenoth on RPoL ). Shadow Dragon diety of desire, lust, seduction, corruption, etc.

Or I could play both. If I play at all. I'll test myself by seeing if I come back here regularly to check up on the game, if I do, then I'll join. :)
BDSM Orientation: Switch
Sexual Limitations: Site limits, no male-on-male

Vandren

Alright, so that's 3.5 confirmed.  :)  I'll still wait for one more before fully requesting the board.

strenoth

I've decided I am really going to focus over here. Should be no issues, so count me as 4.

LadyFox

*waves hands*  Can I jump in as well?  I've got ideas for servants running around in my little fevered brain.... especially if that Shelnas comes into play... would a shapeshifter like a werecat who favors multiple cat forms?  Or a kitsune?
She is my broken doll
She lost all her pieces in a big fall
She can't discover
That I will never let her recover

Creeper

I'll be playing. Can you say 'Tentacled Fertility God'?

Oh, I knew you could.

Strife

Might switch to a demi-god rather than a deity, and be somebodys play thang  8)

Creeper

Hey, you could be my character's demi-god son/daughter! Being a god of fertility, he's bound to have a lot of 'em running around. Of course, you could be some other god's physical plaything.

Idachan

I would really like to play a winter godess (and NPC her two sisters from time to time if needed). The sisterly trio takes on different aspects of winter and cold with my character as the playfull, good one. Her followers would include those who like to play in the snow and those who like seeing the first spring flowers breaking through the snow.

Vandren

Excellent, that make a solid 7.  :D

I'll PM the goddesses ASAP.  Side note: I've got a busy day ahead and, after a bit under an hour, I won't be on again until mid-to-late afternoon (EST, GMT-5/6).  But I'll definitely be on after that.

(And remember, everyone, multiple characters per player are welcome.  :))

Vandren

Request has been submitted.  :)

Elvi

Vandren

Thanks to the lovely Elvi, the board is up and running.  :)

So, I'm ready to see those potential characters . . . I'd like to review them before their officially accepted, though, just for tradition's sake.

Elvi

..........and the fact that you are a control freak.......... *sniggers*

Vandren

Quote from: Elvi on March 14, 2006, 07:16:05 AM
..........and the fact that you are a control freak.......... *sniggers*

Hey . . . didn't we just have a PM conversation about flamewars?  ;)

Elvi

OY!
How can the truth be a flame?
*laughs*

strenoth

Name: Zagaroth
Apparent Age: Form Dependant, humanoid forms tend to look mid to late 20's.
Sphere(s):

Portfolio: Chivalry, good Dragons, honesty, Honor, Judgement, Justice, Loyalty, Mercy, nobility, protection, power, trust, truth, valor, Wisdom, Zeal

Worshippers: Good Dragons, Paladins, Knights, noble warriors of all sorts, those seeking the wisdom to guide others, or the power to protect others.

Zagaroth’s true form has three golden dragon heads upon long necks, striped with a purple diamond pattern on each side of each neck, trailing down to a massive black-scaled body where the diamond patters turn silver, each stripe leading down to one his six powerful legs. 2 pairs of bright crimson wings spread from his back to carry him aloft.

His typical human form is tall with metallic gold hair, purple eyes, black clothing with silver trim, and a crimson cloak, all designed to match his true form's colors.

Symbol: Traingle with point up, Subdivided into three other triangles (lines going from corner to center) Left triangle: weigh-scales (Justice), Right: Unicorn (Honor), Bottom: Lion (Strength to carry Honor and Justice)

Personality:
    Zagaroth is the Quintessence of Nobility, not only in it’s form and style, and in the power, but the responsibilities and duties of Nobility as well. For with Great Power comes Great Responsibility, in essence a strong aspect of his personality before such an elegant phrasing was found.

He holds to the tenants of Chivalry in it’s most Romantic aspect, where honesty and virtue are held high, and those who are strong protect those who can not defend themselves. He is the very model of what it means to be a Paladin. Nobility and a passionate sense of duty, tempered by wisdom and mercy, kindness and gentleness to the innocent, and bringing justice to the cruel and the evil.

Paladin and Draconic abilities, very good at physical combat, strong with magic but not so much compred to dieties who are primarily casters

Weakness(es):
Loneliness mostly, he holds a very responsible position, and though he has had mates of the ages, none have resonated enough with his heart to last over all of time.

Background:
Zagaroth was one of the 4 dieties who helpes shape the universe of Tryneir, assisting the over-diety who was reforging this new world, from the remenants of 2 realities that had been destroyed by cross-planar warfare. As such, his powers, experience, and knowledge are vast, and has the additional advantage of being entrusted with the status of 'Edler Diety', which expands his powers greatly, but at the same time, much of that additional power is channeled into maintaining the universe's stability, for there are still unstable elements which seek to undo themselves. He is also the father-diety of all the True Dragon races of Tryneir, through a race of more powerful dragons (now mistakenly thought to be extinct) whose evolution spliut off and specialized during a civil war that lasted millenia. The other races brought upon themselves their own weakened state by encouraging their evolution to hasten the growth of each generation, leading eventually to the loss of immortality.

Preferred Servants: (qualities, races, genders, etc.)
Dragon and those who like them. Good hearted, noble folk. He'd except servants of any gender, especially as he is unlikely to engage in sexual behavior with a servant, as he;d consider it an abuse of his powers.

Two Fantasies:
1) Finally finds a goddess who he can love unreservedly across eternity
2) Zagaroth gets thouroughly seduced and corrupted by an evil goddess, possibly leadign him becoming her master or her becoming his mistress, depending. Disclaimer: woudln't effect any stories outside this game.

Elvi

Would it help if I played servant/servants Vandren?
We seem to be very low on them.....

GoldenChild

There... now I have submitted my character anyway :)

strenoth

Name Strenoth
Apparent Age: Tends to look late 20's
Sphere(s):

Portfolio: darkness, intrigue, night, rogues, secrets, seduction, shadows, spies, thieves, vice

Worshippers: Shadow dragons, creatures of the Shadows subtype, those who are most at home in the night and the shadows, those who wish to keep secrets or indulge in secret dark vices, and those who desire to seduce another for selfish desire.

His draconic form is that of an immense shadow dragon, his scales blending so well with shadows that sometimes it's ahrd to tell exactly where he is, even with strong light.

His human form tends to be dark of hair and eye, wearing black leathers that are made from select victims who passed away in the throws of passion.

Personality:
Cunning, manipulative, seductive, extremely lustful.

Can easily arouse lust even in unwilling subjects, envoking pleasure with even a light touch,

Weakness(es):
puts himself at extreme risk sometimes in his pursuit of conquests. His own desires can be turned agaisnt him occasionally

Background:

Strenoth was born into the third generation of Shadow Dragons on Tryneir, before they had bred so hard and fast as to loose their immortality. Strenoth's life was always an interestign one, a dragon with an unusually carnal appetite who had no compunction about dealign with devils and demons, especially not attractive female ones, leaving behidn many spawn with his blood both in mortal lands and in the hells, as well as a few offspring born of celestial beings. He also studied magic more thouroughly than most dragons did, increasing hsi abilities beyond the ares that came naturally to his kind.

But his rise to deific status was unintentional. It was his sister who had become the goddess of the shadow dragons. Her nature was as carnal as his, and they had been occasional lovers through out the ages, but one day she went to far. She attempted to conquer him, to make him into her sex slave, one of her toys. But in the end, he conquered and devoured her and all her powers, claiming her soul and her psoition as a deity.

Preferred Servants: (qualities, races, genders, etc.)
Female, lustful (or at least, are so when he's doen with them), attractive.

Fantasies:
1)he becomes obsessed with a woman of pure heart, whom he sets out to conquer. Perhaps his heart is tempered by her, or perhaps he succeeds and claims her, but can never bring himself to push her far enough to break her, being gentle and kind to her in ways he is not to any other.

2) Finds a goddess of like mind and lusts to become his primary mate, though neither are inclined towards fidelity

Elvi

Vandren,
Do we have a time line on this?
(Sorry if you have already said)

Was just toying with an idea of having someone zapped up from present day, perhaps someone who had an interest in mythology and deities?

LadyFox

Name: Rhianikki
Race: werecat/divine
Apparent Age: late 20's
Deity:

Description: She is Egyptian in appearance, with a sleek, panther-toned body, raven black hair, and deep black, uptilted eyes with a golden glitter in them.  Her face is somewhat feline in nature, alive with life, and possessing a full mouth that is smiling more often than not.  She stands about 5'7", weighing 140 lbs.  She has plenty of curves, and tends to wear things that accent that greatly.  She favors Egyptian style clothing with much gauzy material, and thin fine linens that are just this side of transparent.  Her makeup and jewelry are both subtle and rich, and she does her best to never get it wrong.  She has no tattoos, but oddly enough, enjoys henna, and works patterns on herself with great frequency.

Personality: Mischievous, intelligent, highly sensual, wry sense of humor, can be very vicious and vindictive

Powers: shifting into alternate cat forms; animal telepathy, dreamwalking(this is the only way she can contact humanoids due to her odd brain structure)

Weakness(es): She is a born hunter, and as such, lives more for the moment, not always thinking about the results of her actions.  Long-term planning is harder for her, unless it directly benefits her.  Extremely sensual, she can be distracted from things and tempted easily with items that affect that, as well as people bent on seduction... though she usually enjoys that.  Physically, she has difficulty around silver, though nore of the irritating itch type; her father's blood thins that out.  She is also weak after too many shifts, so forcing her to shift too often wilol wear her down.

Background: Born of a were mother and a divine father(who she has no knowledge), she grew up surrounded by otherworldly things.  She knew she was were at a young age, with the abilities associated with that.  Her other abilities showed up later... the first being animal mindspeech.  She soon got familiar with each animal's method of speech, though the easiest for her to speak to were the felines.  She always had difficulty with humans... until she reached the age of eighteen.  That was when she found the ability to walk in people's dreams... it was then that her mind and theirs were close enough in thought that she could communicate with them.  She doesn't do this often, as humans are so cluttered, in her mind.

She is looking for someone who can give her what she wants; something beyond what the life of a were can give her.  She has no desire to take a mate from among them for permanence, and resists strongly suggestions she should breed.

Preferred Divinity: shifters, mischievous, playful, intelligent, somewhat animalistic in nature or fond of animals

Two Fantasies:
1) To be taken by a god as a mate, fidelity optional
2) To find someone who can best her in the things she holds dear, to tame her

Limitations: Site Rules, mutilation, disfigurement, amputation
She is my broken doll
She lost all her pieces in a big fall
She can't discover
That I will never let her recover

Vandren

Quote from: Elvi on March 14, 2006, 07:29:09 AM
OY!
How can the truth be a flame?
*laughs*

A question I've asked many times.  :)

QuoteDo we have a time line on this?
(Sorry if you have already said)

Was just toying with an idea of having someone zapped up from present day, perhaps someone who had an interest in mythology and deities?

Anytime and every time.  This's supposed to be a hub in the multiverse, so any time period and any dimension and any world are fair game.  :)  (My deity comes from a fantasy world, both servants come from alternate Earths, one 20th c. the other 22nd c.)

Elvi

Well one very amused and bemused mythology student on her way....*grins*
I'll start with one to begin with and then pop in another when I have time, as I have just said to you in my PM....it's been one of those weeks.....

Vandren

Quote from: Elvi on March 14, 2006, 02:24:55 PM
Well one very amused and bemused mythology student on her way....*grins*
I'll start with one to begin with and then pop in another when I have time, as I have just said to you in my PM....it's been one of those weeks.....

NP.  I'm still working on typing up my third and figuring out two fantasies for her.  :)

Creeper

Name: Azriel
Apparent Age: ?? to 17 in his favored forms
Sphere(s): Fertility, Sex, Heritage, Life, Creation, Perversion

Description: Azriel usually takes the form of a huge, slimy, dark-green tentacle monster the size of a mountain. When he's alone or with someone he trusts, he takes the form of the soot-stained artificer's assistant he used to be when he was mortal (though he does shift the gender occasionally. In that form, he has short, mousy brown hair, glasses, wears a thick work shirt and a brown blacksmith's apron with tools stuffed in the pockets, and brown work gloves. His (or her) face and body has smudges of soot all over.

Personality: Azriel doesn't really talk much in his tentacle-monster form. When he does, it's always about expanding the power of his spheres, trying to get a stronger hold in the minds of the mortals. In his mortal form, he's bored, forlorn, and quiet. He's been doing his job for the past few thousand years, and is looking for something else to do. Not that he'd let any other divinity know that, of course.

Powers:
Virility: Azriel can knock up anything. Anything. A rock, a tree, the concept of greed, your sense of self-worth. Anything. He can do the reverse too, and get knocked up by anything. He can also bestow this ability on anyone else, mating you with your sense of self worth, for example.
He also doesn't have to do the physical act to instill pregnancy either. It could be conveyed in kiss, or a touch, or a song, or a gift. He could come to you in your dreams as a Shower of Gold, and impregnate someone that way.

Shapeshifter: Like many gods, Azriel is a shapeshifter. He usually doesn't have much reason to use it these days, though.

Gift of life: Azriel can shift anyone's body into the age of physical maturity, from the very young to the very old. He can also alter gender, and the length someone is pregnant for. He can heal all wounds and diseases, except those bestowed directly from a divinity.

Fertility: Azriel can directly alter the chances of conception or reproduction in anything, including concepts or ideas.

Weakness(es): Death. As a god of Life, necromancy and painful death are anathema to him. Azriel refuses to bless any nation that condones the use of necromancy.

Background: Azriel doesn't remember much about his history, and it bothers him. But he does remember the important parts, like when he became a god. He used to be an artificer's assistant, aiding his master both in the forge and in the field. On one expedition, his master located the burial chambers of a dead divinity. They decided to see if they could raise the God from the dead, figuring that the God would owe them a favor for it. But the ritual went haywire, and instead of raising the God from the dead, Azriel was gifted with it's shard of divinity. Azriel ascended to Godhood, and has been gathering power ever since.

Preferred Servants: Hermaphrodites, pregnant women, virile men, sorcerers, artificers, and other magic users, races created by magic, tentacle monsters, and most of all, his own children.

Two Fantasies:
1) Using one (or many) of his own children to spread a new race across the land
2) Finding someone that will lift his boredom over sex.

Strife

(( Plopped in the wrong place  :-[))

Vagrant
Apparent Age: Early-20s
Sphere(s): Separation, Perception,

Description: Vagrant, the unknown element, bringer and extender of life, yet plagued by a selfless desire. In appearance, his flesh appears regal green, brown spots litter his neck and shoulders, decorating his attire in an exquisite manner.  Preferring to walk, he moves with a gracious pace, never altering from his lazily stroll. On the contrary however, when angered, his skin is covered in brown, black and various shades of red, his hair shortens from its lengthy knee height to almost bald. He’ll move with shark, extremely quick actions, never once stopping until either he or his opponent are no more. Note also, that when in this state, his link with plant/tree life extends 10 fold, allowing him to rapidly progress the evolution of plants/trees unimaginably.

Personality: Vagrant can be best compared to a coin; on one side he is gracious and caring, bestowing his fortune upon all life alike, much like a melodic bard, joyous and kind. On the other side, a rabid demon, spawning hate and powerful murderous intent to those whom have abused his brothers and sisters of the forest.

Powers:
- Precognition: Vagrant is gifted with the ability to see events that haven’t yet occurred; overseeing the future and adapting to it, however, at a cost.
- Influence Life: Vagrant is able to influence the growth of any living plant or tree, not only that but he can bring into effect, breeds of plant that may have never been found without his guidance (evolution).
- Verdant Tongue: Lastly Vagrant is able to speak in tongue with all plant/tree life alike, and now even some of the various animals that happen to pass through his gardens.

Weakness(es):
- Verdant bond: Having bound himself to his “green-life”, he becomes very ecstatic of those who abuse their natural surroundings.

Background: Vagrant, the son of both a mortal woman and an immortal father, has loitered the world for 1000’s of years, having inherited the freedom of life, whilst also gaining the unbearable emotions to deal with such a lonely existence. He has strolled through the ages, without a reason, to quench his curiosity, why was he born? Of what purpose must he serve? To forever be alone? Indeed, he has suffered such terrifying mortal fears.

Having been born of a Verdant master, his mother, an aspiring druid, she too loved the lands, walked the forests and nurtured the plants. Curious though, that her powers weren’t nearly as developed as Vagrants, perhaps his fathers roll triggered this, never-the-less, his mother died during child-birth and his father sealed his own powers away, in self-blame for his lovers death, hence sealing himself away for eternity, leaving Vagrant to walk the mortal world, alone.

And to this day, Vagrant has lived as a demi-god, delivering aid to the woodland world and depriving mortal greed with his radical abilities.

Preferred Servants: Humanoid, Nature lovers, Shapeshifters, Loving, Caring, Gracious creatures.

Two Fantasies:
1) Vagrant has always enjoyed the spectacles of young pixies, having one to whom he could call his own, or at least feel sensual warmth from.
2) Situations involving natural surroundings, forests, fountains etc.

Limitations: Site Rules, Male-Male

Vandren

Always happy to have new players, so c'mon over.  Godhome under NCEF.  :)

Vandren

Just bumping this.  The more the merrier.  :)

Vandren

Bumping here, we've got a lot, but the more the merrier!  :)

Vandren

More players are always welcome.  :)