Anyone up for a Plot Oriented Walking Dead RP? (OC's only please)

Started by Chiarra, November 26, 2013, 09:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chiarra

Looking for a small group, maybe 5-6 people max.  Though you can have up to 2 or 3 characters max as long as you can keep track of them.  I should also note, that while I want this to be a Walking Dead rp, the only thing that will be taken from the show and comics is you only turn when you die and everyone has the disease.  The rest will be completely different with our own plot lines that we each take part in creating.

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Orientation:[/b] (All are welcome)

[b]Appearance:[/b] (Please keep the picture at least 125 pix wide and 193 pix high and no drawings or graphics please.)

[b]Height:[/b]

[b]Bio:[/b]

[b]Misc:[/b](Optional)

Name: Melody Grant

Orientation: Heterosexual

Appearance:

Height: 5'2

Bio: Before everything happened, Melody was going to college and working a part time job.  She was struggling to make ends meet, and now, with her group, she's struggling to survive in this harsh zombie filled world.  She also used to go camping with her family when they could find the time and she knows how to build a fire and pitch a tent.  Cooking though is something she's not very good at,  but she does try at it.  The only reason she survived is because of her trusty baseball bat that she uses to defend herself with.  She hates having to use it though and tries not to.
Well, my brother has his sword, and I have my mind and a mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone, that's why I read so much, Jon Snow.

~Tyrion Lannister

F-List

PhantomPistoleer

Name:  Grant

Appearance:  Grant is a handsome man with dark brown hair and chestnut-colored eyes.  He is of average height and weighs approximately 180 lbs.  He is lean and muscular.

Height:  5'9

Bio:  Grant worked as an engineer and repairman for a company that sold helicopters to hospitals.  He graduated with a degree in mechanical engineering from Syracuse, and prior to that, served briefly in the United States Air Force.  He was discharged shortly after boot camp due to health reasons.  He is mechanically resourceful and is able to make do in the hostile environment, but he is too much of a good person to make hard decisions for the group.

Misc:  He is currently carrying a backpack, bedroll, a heavy-duty flashlight, a swiss army knife and a Glock 22 with 8 rounds.  He is not a very good shot, and the flashlight is very beat up.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Chiarra

Well, my brother has his sword, and I have my mind and a mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone, that's why I read so much, Jon Snow.

~Tyrion Lannister

F-List

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Chiarra on November 26, 2013, 11:13:20 PM
Welcome ^_^.

Thank you!  Pleased to be here.

Can you tell me about how long the group has been together?  Or the setting (time and place)?  Is Melody the leader of the group?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Chiarra

No, Melody isn't the leader of the group and the time and place is something I was wanting to discuss with everyone once we got the group together.  Anyone who wants to be the leader of the group is more than welcome to be though and as for how long the groups been together....I'm thinking maybe since the start of it all and I'm wanting to probably start the rp near the beginning of it, so the group wouldn't be together for that long.  I'm thinking that possibly the group would be so knew, there wouldn't be a definite leader right now.

~Tyrion Lannister

F-List

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Chiarra on November 26, 2013, 11:43:25 PM
No, Melody isn't the leader of the group and the time and place is something I was wanting to discuss with everyone once we got the group together.  Anyone who wants to be the leader of the group is more than welcome to be though and as for how long the groups been together....I'm thinking maybe since the start of it all and I'm wanting to probably start the rp near the beginning of it, so the group wouldn't be together for that long.  I'm thinking that possibly the group would be so knew, there wouldn't be a definite leader right now.

All right.  They were all on a... subway train or something.  Ha ha.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Chiarra

~Tyrion Lannister

F-List

Kuje

I'll throw my interest in this since I've been looking for a zombie idea for awhile. But I probably won't be able to toss up a character until later this week since the holiday is tomorrow and today I have to get some baking/cooking done.

Chiarra

~Tyrion Lannister

F-List

scribus1000

Zombie group threads always have some mystical way of sucking me in....

Er, minus the creepy comment, I'm interested.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Giantmutantcrab

((Hello!

I would LOVE to be a part of this group RP, if you all would have me.  I have never done one before, so I am really pumped to participate.  Also, I would like to see if it is possible to participate as a co-GM?  I mean...  Like I said, I've never really done a group RP, but I'm guessing that I'm just basically sprinkling zombies here and there?  Anything I can do to help, I will!!!

Anyway, here's my character.  I hope he's acceptable.!!!))

Name: Shawn Bowman

Appearance:

Height: 5'11"

Bio: Shawn’s life has revolved around martial arts ever since he began his first course at the Golden Mountain martial arts school, at five years old.  At fifteen, he became the youngest junior black belt in karaté at the multi-discipline dojo.  He became a karaté and kendo instructor at seventeen, and when his sensei (and the owner of the dojo since its foundation in 1947) passed on, Shawn inherited the dojo and all the equipment and gear therein, becoming the sole owner and administrator of the Golden Mountain dojo.

Shawn is a martial arts enthusiast, having instructor-level competence (black belt) in taekwondo, kyūdō (the Japanese martial art of archery) and judo.  He also has a fourth degree black belt in shotokan-style karaté, and kendo (the samurai’s art of swordsmanship, which encompasses several different disciplines).  He held the role of physical training instructor as well, with several weight machines in the basement of the dojo.  When he returned from a six-month long trip to Japan (which he did every year), he found that the city had fallen into chaos and madness.  When he got to the Golden Mountain, Shawn discovered that all of the students present were dead, and the assistant instructor was the killer, still eating one girl’s remains.  Digging deep into his warrior instinct, Shawn drew his katana and told the assistant instructor to stop and surrender, or he would be forced to kill him.  He gave the lurching, groaning man three warnings, that were ignored.  Instead, he tried to attack.

The kendo sensei decapitated him in a single slice.  He was forced to crush the still-moving skull with his boot heel.
He then promptly threw up.

After having buried his students and their instructor behind the school, the sensei left and never looked back.  Trying to find survivors, and to understand what happened to the world.

Misc: Shawn carries what he was able to scavenge from the Golden Mountain dojo; four wooden swords (bokken), his set of full-body kendo armor (bōgu), and his samurai sword (katana).  Although he is a trained kyūdōka, he did not bring his Japanese longbow (yumi), as it is very long (almost seven feet in length) and would be cumbersome to carry.  He hopes to find a proper bow and arrow, to be able to keep the infected at bay from much longer distances.

Chiarra

Hey Scribus and Giant, welcome ^_^.  And I would love to have you as a co-gm too Giant.  Go ahead and make a character Scribus.  Won't be on until later today though.  Do you think this is enough for a small group and we can just add more later if we want more people?

~Tyrion Lannister

F-List

Giantmutantcrab

I think three or four members is a great start.  I mean, if ever anyone else wants to join in, we just need to find a closet from which they can stumble out of, or some cool scene in which they save one of the team members and be like "I'm badass".

And besides, in such a small group, there's no real need for leadership.  If ever the group swells in numbers with double digits, maybe.  But three or four people together can just sit down and talk about it.

"Ok, let's go north."
"Umm, how about south?"
"Why south?
"Well, I know there's a shooting range not far from here.  Maybe there's some ammo or something.
"Hmm, worth a shot.  Ok, south it is!"

That just took like eight seconds.  :)

Chiarra

Well, considering we not only have 3 characters made, but 2 more wanting to join but haven't as of yet made a character, I'm agreeing with you and we can go ahead and start.  So, I'll go ahead and get the OOC thread started and put the link in here.  Then we can all discuss where to start it out.

~Tyrion Lannister

F-List

Giantmutantcrab

scribus1000

EDIT: Do you mind if I import a char from another thread? It's one I've already made and original, and I think she'll fit here with some minor tweaks.

Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: scribus1000 on November 28, 2013, 09:14:24 PM
EDIT: Do you mind if I import a char from another thread? It's one I've already made and original, and I think she'll fit here with some minor tweaks.

Please, please PLEASE let it be Linda Hamilton from Terminator 2.

*fanboy moment*

Ahem...  sorry.

We were saying?  Oh yes, please!  I'm sure she'll be a fine addition.  ^_^

scribus1000

LOL I could make a new one too like that, it's not a bad idea....matter of fact I kinda like it.

Chiarra

It's totally fine what ever you do ^_^.  And for the heck of it, I'm calling the rp and the OOC The Walking Dead because I'm too tired to come up with anything else lol.  And this is loosely based off of it.  Feel free to come up with another name if you guys want to lol.  Here's the link:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=191045.0

~Tyrion Lannister

F-List

scribus1000

I'd call it something like "Us and Them". Or just "Them!" or "Those things.". (the first and second names are what i was serious about as suggestions.)

Also, import:

There may be parts that aren't needed or are out of order with what you asked for. I will prolly cut this down later if needed.

Player Name: scribus1000

Name: Maria Annalise Fischer

Orientation: Pansexual

Appearance:

Height: 5"9'=175.26cm
Weight: 150 lb = 67.5 kg

Bio:
Born and raised in a family of five, Maria and one sister outnumbered their lone brother; as one might expect, the childish bickering between them was commonplace. Still, very few things out there could damage or sever this bond.

Maria's life proceeded normally, up to her choice in profession: having developed an affinity and interest in chemistry. It's unclear where that spark started, but when she acted upon it--chose it as her career goal--she stuck with it. Rather than let the trail end there, she made a tough decision to enter the army. Here was the real deal, where she'd be able to make a difference, put her skills to good use and afterwards build upon them. She was literally days away from completing Basic training at a boot camp when the attack began. One way to get some experience, she'd note sourly later. Her day had begun, from the moment she woke, with screams, guttural growls and gunshots. The campgrounds painted a bloody portrait of what was to come soon, on a far greater scale. Maria snatched up whatever she could find in a rush, did not stop to help a single soul(a choice she still thinks about every day), and fled.

Within a few days, she returned to her hometown to find more of the same, people running or dead in the streets, or walking as the undead. The ratios had changed. She had a feeling she knew what happened at her parents' home, but still desperate and foolishly hopeful, she tried for it. Found her brother and father had gone mad with the disease, and one mangled, chewed-away corpse she couldn't identify. This was the moment of her life that shattered all her hopes that things might get better, and the rest of her broke down just as quickly. It took the better part of a day, after killing her undead family(with the fate of one left unclear still), before she gathered the will to step out of that house, glue herself back together, and trudge onward.

Misc.:

She has an adept understanding of chemistry--invariably this means she can create certain valuable items, provided she has the resources/time/experience/tools to do so, which could include explosives, acids, special gases/liquids, and if she were so inclined, drugs--Hey, some people may still cling to their vices in this new world, and that could be something exploitable...

She has in her possession a S&W Model 36 revolver, chambered for .38. This is the only weapon she feels she won't run low on anytime soon. Initially, she carried an M4, but spent all of its ammo and lost the gun itself in a desperate bid to escape a crowd of the dead. There is a modified Ruger SR22 rifle she keeps on her person, recently taken from the corpse of a youth that nearly killed her in his zombified state; however, she's only got empty clips. It's presumed that the hunter went down fighting to the last bullet. She's hoping to come across some ammunition for it soon...

Other equipment: Basic ballistic vest, Army-made; a small utility knife; A large backpack for carrying miscellaneous goods/equipment as well as ammunition: a box of matches and a zippo lighter for a backup that she rarely uses; Pliers, tweezers, a small basic medkit; Canned food, canteen; Two packets of thermite; a handful of magnesium ribbons; two crudely made pipe bombs; PH test strips; a varied assortment of other essentials and toiletries.

Likes: Chocolate(Will take it--NOT steal, though--when found and hoard it), doodling(before the apocalypse--now there is no time for it), dice(she keeps one in a pocket and has a habit of rolling it when idle), sailboats(she wanted to do it one day, but now it seems distant), cooking(she thinks it has a relationship with chemistry)

Dislikes: Children(she resents having to see them grow up with a twisted sense of right and wrong in a world like this.), thieves(only slightly because she's guilty of it herself sometimes), traitors, loud disruptions, ignorant or arrogant people(this crosses over with likes since she can use it as an exploit.)

Personality: Behind the brooding, irritation and mistrust lies a remarkably resourceful young woman, and whether she likes it or not, her type is actually a good fit for this rapidly-shifting world, where not only strength, speed and cunning are in high demand, but adaptability as well. Lacking in one area, she figures, is the quickest and easiest way to die out here. Well, that and not being appropriately armed for the occasion. These combined traits are what's kept her alive so far.

Giantmutantcrab

Ooooh!  *claps excitedly*  I like her.  Not as much as Sarah Connors, but a close enough facsimile that I can get a fanboy moment for her.  ^_^

scribus1000

I considered Lena Headey as well for a very very slight shout-out, lol

Kuje

Name: Steven Richards

Orientation: (All are welcome) Bi

Appearance: (Please keep the picture at least 125 pix wide and 193 pix high and no drawings or graphics please.)

Height: 5'5

Bio: Being short, at least for a guy, has always sucked and being so short has always made it seem like I'd be easy for bullies. Once I started to learn to fight back the being picked on tended to stop. It helped that I've taken boxing lessons for years and even competed in different bouts for his weight class. Beyond that, since he doesn't advertise how fit and in shape he is, his time is spent as biology and computer major. Before all of the events started he was working with a team that was advancing the blending of computers and the living, trying to find ways to use the bodies electric signal to power and use technology.

Misc:He has a small six shooter, a camping backpack that was running low on jerky and bottled water, a spare set of clothing he tossed in there in a hurry, and that's about all.

Chiarra

~Tyrion Lannister

F-List

Chiarra

~Tyrion Lannister

F-List

Giantmutantcrab

I'm sorry it took so long.

Here is the link.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=191274.0

Hey guys.  With your approval, I would like to inset a concept for another zombie post-apoc RP I played; the “stuff” system.  Basically, this is to prevent the game being bogged down in the endless list of detailed items that survivors pick up.

Basically, there are three things survivors search; food units (one unit of food equals one full meal, including water/ liquid), weapons (that will be listed individually), and “stuff”.  Stuff is everything else; keeping a list for every single possible item carried would create a terribly long micro-management system.  With this concept, stuff is measured in units.  These units have two uses; one unit produces a permanent item to be added to the character’s bio list, or an effect.

For example, Mr. X found a unit of stuff.  He was looking for a flashlight.  So, that unit of stuff is a flashlight.  That’s it.  If he was just gathering stuff for later use, then he’d keep that unit of “stuff”.  If Mr. X comes across a vehicle that is only slightly damaged, he could try to repair it with the stuff he has.  Since it just needed one unit of stuff, Mr. X now has a jury-rigged car that he can drive around with.

If you guys like it, I'll keep track of the gang's food/stuff supplies, as well as a list of any weapons they pick up and haven't chosen to keep on one specific character yet.  It'll just be simpler then slogging through each post wondering where the hell they left that crowbar at.  :)

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on December 02, 2013, 09:06:31 AM

Here is the link.

Hey guys.  With your approval, I would like to inset a concept for another zombie post-apoc RP I played; the “stuff” system.  Basically, this is to prevent the game being bogged down in the endless list of detailed items that survivors pick up.

Basically, there are three things survivors search; food units (one unit of food equals one full meal, including water/ liquid), weapons (that will be listed individually), and “stuff”.  Stuff is everything else; keeping a list for every single possible item carried would create a terribly long micro-management system.  With this concept, stuff is measured in units.  These units have two uses; one unit produces a permanent item to be added to the character’s bio list, or an effect.

For example, Mr. X found a unit of stuff.  He was looking for a flashlight.  So, that unit of stuff is a flashlight.  That’s it.  If he was just gathering stuff for later use, then he’d keep that unit of “stuff”.  If Mr. X comes across a vehicle that is only slightly damaged, he could try to repair it with the stuff he has.  Since it just needed one unit of stuff, Mr. X now has a jury-rigged car that he can drive around with.

If you guys like it, I'll keep track of the gang's food/stuff supplies, as well as a list of any weapons they pick up and haven't chosen to keep on one specific character yet.  It'll just be simpler then slogging through each post wondering where the hell they left that crowbar at.  :)

That sounds more complicated than it needs to be.  I'm withdrawing interest.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Chiarra

~Tyrion Lannister

F-List

scribus1000

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on December 02, 2013, 09:06:31 AM

Here is the link.

I'm not opposed to this system, though it seems a bit...difficult, to read out and understand...

Chiarra

I agree with Scribus, and though I had already posted this in the ooc thread, I'm game for it.  Though I will add to it, while I'm perfectly fine with the food and weapon part, the actual stuff unit part is a bit confusing.

~Tyrion Lannister

F-List

scribus1000

Giantmutantcrab

Ok, well...

Stuff is "everything that is not food, or weapons".  Like a chain, a computer chip, batteries, socks, first aid kit, thread, a piece of leather, etc.

Say you have one unit of stuff.  And you're really looking for a first aid kit.  Well, scratch that unit, and you have a first aid kit.

If you want to barricade a door, you use one unit of stuff (and not needing to list out the planks, nails, hammers, screws, screwdriver, battery for the screwdriver, the correct bit, etc).  It just simplifies the listing of items the group will pick up as the game goes along.

Instead of stating in detail every single item that is gathered, it's just...  units of stuff.

Chiarra

That does make it simpler.  But can we please keep all talk about the game in the ooc thread I had made, please ^_^.  I really want this one to just be for signups.

~Tyrion Lannister

F-List