Salem Institute of Magic (HP verse): Recruiting now!

Started by Amelita, March 31, 2014, 09:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oceanspool

Bloodied Porcelain

As it is the holiday, it is unlikely the GMs will be doing much sheet reading. I'm taking the day to relax, which means I'm focusing on posting and playing ESO when the mood strikes. I will try to get to reading sheets and whatnot when I get home.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

ebpohmr

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on April 20, 2014, 03:11:06 PM
As it is the holiday, it is unlikely the GMs will be doing much sheet reading. I'm taking the day to relax, which means I'm focusing on posting and playing ESO when the mood strikes. I will try to get to reading sheets and whatnot when I get home.

Huh... Who would have thought you GM's had actual lives beyond running Salem? :p

Seriously, hope you three enjoy your Easter!

Bloodied Porcelain

We are still looking for characters! There are TONS of teacher slots open if you don't feel comfortable playing a student. That said, we're always looking for students as well ;)
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

SugarAndSpice

When might we find out if our characters has been accepted?

Also, when is the next timeskip?

Bloodied Porcelain

People should be getting word on their sheets sometime in the next couple days. All three GMs took a break for a few days to keep from being burnt out, and we're getting back in to the swing of things now.

As for the time skip, it should happen sometime within the next couple weeks to a month, where we will be toward the end of August and will start doing wand sale scenes and the like (we will likely be breaking the scenes up so only a few characters show up at the shop at a time so that poor Ame doesn't get overwhelmed trying to keep up with a huge crowd in the shop at the same time).

SugarAndSpice

Okay  :D I hope you all had a good Easter holiday

Ember Star

Sent in my student.

I was gonna make an adult. Then I wasn't gonna make an adult ( which is why I said drop Jaimie Alexander from my claims). But now I'm reconsidering.

Question. What of the councillors? Are they similar to how a muggle school councillor would be?
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Amelita

Yes, I think so. Given they have the same responsibilities where you are as where I am heh.

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

SugarAndSpice

Working on a Divination Professor character  ;D

ebpohmr

Quote from: Ember Star on April 27, 2014, 10:43:29 AM
Question. What of the councillors? Are they similar to how a muggle school councillor would be?

If I recall correctly, they also go into the Junior Wizarding Institutes towards the end of each school year to help the graduating students pick out which elective subjects they wish to pursue once at Salem.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: ebpohmr on April 27, 2014, 10:56:58 AM
If I recall correctly, they also go into the Junior Wizarding Institutes towards the end of each school year to help the graduating students pick out which elective subjects they wish to pursue once at Salem.

Yes, though this won't be something that is likely to be played out even in the future, given we don't have JWIG/B set up as games.

ebpohmr

Ember Star

Hmm well I'll nose around ideas for that, charms, and ground keeper. What I wanted already had three submissions by the time I realized staff was open and is taken by now. Lol. So it's still up in the air. I'm very happy with getting my student done though. I like how she turned out.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Zealously Jaded

Bloodied Porcelain

GM Announcement

We have added an extra IC thread for anything happening on Mos Island but outside of school grounds and the village. The thread can be found here.

Bloodied Porcelain

GM Announcement

The position of Potion's Professor is open to those seeking to create a staff character, as Gnothi has had to drop out. We wish her all the best in her future endeavors and it is our sincere hope that one day she will be able to return to Salem. Goodluck, Gnothi!

The currently open staff positions are as follows:
Counsellor
Counsellor
Grounds Keeper
Charms Professor
Potions Professor
Astronomy Professor
History of Magic Professor
Arithmancy Professor
Ancient Runes Professor
Muggle Studies Professor
Muggle Social Studies Professor
Wizarding Psychology Professor
Wizard Politics Professor
Writing Professor
Physics Professor
Spanish Professor
French Professor
German Professor
Latin Professor
English Professor
Advanced Language Studies Professor

Please note that many of these positions can be combined and taught by a single professor (such as the language classes). Feasibly, only those professors teaching core subjects (required every year) would not be likely to be able to teach more than one class.

Ember Star

I'm still playing with making a staff member. I want to. But because I have several projects of my own in the works, I'm.not rushing myself into it.

In the meantime, did y'all get my student I sent in?

Lady Lunarius

I'll try my hand at making a potions!!! I don't mind at all will work on and submit later today!!!
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Ember Star on May 01, 2014, 08:30:53 AM
I'm still playing with making a staff member. I want to. But because I have several projects of my own in the works, I'm.not rushing myself into it.

In the meantime, did y'all get my student I sent in?

Yes ma'am. I believe I JUST replied to it. I just got the last of the notes from Aiden and Ame last night so I'll be sending out replies to sheets sent in today. :)

Ember Star

Yeah. As soon as I pops posted I saw the PMs in my mailbox. Lol.

SugarAndSpice

So glad that my character has been accepted  ;D Now where to start? lol

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: SugarAndSpice on May 01, 2014, 08:50:14 AM
So glad that my character has been accepted  ;D Now where to start? lol

There are a number of student characters in various different threads. Feel free to pop in to the IC-OOC thread and put out some feelers. Right now there's a group at a pub in Mos Village, and some scattered around various magical and non-magical communities.

Lady Lunarius

I'm working on making up a staff member, and if anyone would like to collaborate I'm up for a husband/wife team or just some connections with her. Let me know if you're interested!!!
LaLu's Delicious treats!