RPG/JRPG What are you playing now?

Started by Oreo, November 27, 2015, 03:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crixus

Quote from: snapdragon on March 13, 2016, 11:10:29 PM
Anyone else started Fire Emblem Fates? I've been working my way through the three paths. Just finished birthright and conquest.

My collectors edition arrived late and this Sunday has basically been me playing through the Conquest path. Very impressed so far, especially after playing Awakening again to get myself ready
Ons and Offs

Oreo

I need to get to that Crixus.

I am currently trying Infinite Undiscovery again. I actually made past the first hour of the game this time and have gotten used to the controls well enough that I might be able to play. ;D This is the 4th time I have tried the game. >_> There is a lot of running away.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Revelation

Final fantasy 15 finally - finally, really actually has a release date. September 30th. PS4/Xbone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVrnS26mnCA

Inkidu

Quote from: Changingsaint on March 30, 2016, 10:49:43 PM
Final fantasy 16 finally - finally, really actually has a release date. September 30th. PS4/Xbone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVrnS26mnCA
Quod non est sedecim, quindecim.
That's fifteen not sixteen.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Revelation

Quote from: Inkidu on March 30, 2016, 11:54:55 PM
Quod non est sedecim, quindecim.
That's fifteen not sixteen.

Mistype  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oreo

It happens, but I hope to live long enough to play 16 when it does get here. ;D

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

The Dark Raven

Getting back into ARK here and there.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Oreo

For Final Fantasy lovers with a PS4, there is a free demo: PLATINUM DEMO - FINAL FANTASY® XV. It is the side story of young Noctis in a dreamscape world. It has a Kingdom Hearts type gameplay/engine.

AmberStarfire

Still playing ESO. Hairy got me some crown store items for my birthday, so I alternate between a samurai-esque kimono (I think it's kind of orkish in the game) and a noblewoman's dress for my character, while she runs around (normally) with her two-handed sword. The outfits are costumes and I have her in heavy armour beneath them. He also got me a fox, which I rather like. I should probably play some other games I have, but I just keep going with this and levelling, and I don't really spend that much time playing games anyway.

SinXAzgard21

Tree of Savior, WoW, Digimon Cyber Sleuth.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Anteros

Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition, to try that new 2.0 update and the new Shaman class.
ONS & OFFS: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=14923.0

I stand with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe against the North Dakota Access Pipeline https://www.facebook.com/ajplusengli...0139732127536/
Please sign the petition: https://t.co/42VMYy7WzA

Sandmanmaster

I have yet to try out the Enhanced Edition for Baldur's Gate 1 or 2, although I do own them. I find myself coming back to my (heavily modded) Baldur's Gate 2 every other year or so. It's probably the CRPG which has had the most influence.

Darkest Dungeon has been taking up some of my free time again, lately, after having set it aside for several weeks.

Zekromnomnom

I kind of hit a wall with Fire Emblem Birthright, so I've been playing, weirdly enough, Wild Arms on my PS Vita.

Oreo

Quote from: Zekromnomnom on May 01, 2016, 12:35:48 PM
I kind of hit a wall with Fire Emblem Birthright, so I've been playing, weirdly enough, Wild Arms on my PS Vita.

I got that last month, but haven't tried it yet. Was playing Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky.

Empyrean

Currently playing Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth.

I like it so far. The plot kind of reminds me of Persona 3 and 4, plus I grew up watching the first four seasons of Digimon so I kind of like seeing the concept with a more modern take on it.

Zekromnomnom

Quote from: Oreo on May 03, 2016, 12:50:50 PM
I got that last month, but haven't tried it yet. Was playing Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky.

You got which? Birthright or Wild Arms? I like the new Fire Emblem, the East meets West thing is fun and I love the classes in birthright. I just always kind of hit a wall in them, especially when the game gives me lots of freedom to figure out builds for characters. But then I end up giving people stupid abilites that don't stack well or it's really hard to get them levels in the new class.

As for Wild Arms, it's pretty basic, but it's a genre I like and I like what it tries to do, mixing like Western themes with an RPG. *shrugs*

What kind of gameplay does Legend of Heroes have?

Also, I just donwloaded Chrono Trigger cause I can't find either of my other copies.

Oreo

Ooops, Wild Arms. I am a big fan of 2D genre type games. ; )

Legend of Heroes games for the most part have more story than gameplay. My first game in that series was a the new Trails of Cold Steel. I liked it well enough to go back and purchase the previous games that came out only on PSP in the west.

Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
Legend of Heroes II Trails in the Sky
Legend of Heroes III: Song of the Ocean
Legend of Heroes Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch

I think my favorite JRPG games on whole are the Tales series.

Zekromnomnom

Right, makes sense. Yeah, I specifically bought a Vita so I could get a bunch of old PS One RPGs and the only copy of Wild Arms I ever had access to was super scratched by the people who gave it to me.

More story than gameplay is fine with me. I'm playing turn based RPGs for a reason :P (Also, I have crappy hand eye coordination and muscle memory).

I think I actually just missed a sail on one of those to check out on Vita. Maybe some time I will, though.

Yeah, I read a bunch of people talking about the Tales series but I've only ever seen like one on Vita and the newest console I own is an original XBox, so I'm largely unfamiliar.

Oreo

If you can manage a used PS2 it is worth it even for the Tales of Legendia and Tales of the Abyss.

The Vita one was Tales of Hearts R.

Zekromnomnom

Maybe when I get moved. Trying to lighten my load.

drummer2006jk

I'm playing through Legend of Dragoon, that PS1 JRPG and the first of the Shadow Hearts games for PS2.  XD

TotesRider

Played a bit of Oreshika on Vita. Pretty interesting but I'll need to put in more time to get a better opinion.

Oreo

Revelation

I've been replaying Wild Arms 3.

I love this game. So much. One of my favorite JRPG's. Though the encounter rate and animations in combat can get a bit often/long, such was sadly the fate of early PS2 RPG's. Still, if you have the chance to play it, it's great.

Oreo

Quote from: Changingsaint on May 22, 2016, 02:10:00 AM
I've been replaying Wild Arms 3.

I love this game. So much. One of my favorite JRPG's. Though the encounter rate and animations in combat can get a bit often/long, such was sadly the fate of early PS2 RPG's. Still, if you have the chance to play it, it's great.
I haven't started playing yet, but I just grabbed it for my PS4.