Seeking really any open kind of group at all

Started by Twisted Crow, July 01, 2015, 04:09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twisted Crow

This is basically an experiment to prove a point. But I'll be surprised it this gets any bites. System, freeform I couldn't care less about the core formula. It can even have fandoms. The expected result is for this to not get any bites.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ebb

I believe that Isle of the Damned is accepting new players. I imagine the same is true of most of the bigger sandbox-y group games here on E, but this is the only one I'm directly involved in.

Is there some other criteria that's not clear from your original post that's keeping you out of joining games? Just from casually looking through the Group Game Requests forum, it looks like there are always at least a few large games advertising with a more or less open door policy. Another thing to look for is advertisements in peoples' signatures. If someone has gone to the trouble of creating a little banner ad and putting it at the bottom of their posts, then it's a good bet that that game is open to taking on new players.

Nico

Those are the two groups I am in currently. TWO! That's a lot for me (and I always have trouble finding something my muse jumps on):

Speakeasy - Guys and Dolls of New York

Our Colorful Neighborhood

Twisted Crow

It seems that I've been proven wrong, then.  ^-^

I will look at these. Thank you all!

Moraline

PM sent and I'm recruiting as well for a number of groups.

eternaldarkness

I've got a Mutants and Masterminds 3E game in the early stages of development as well as Pokemon Tabletop United which is going to be started up again when I have my computer back. I'm willing to run system games for solos/pairs too. Pm me for information and requests.

Twisted Crow

Update & News:

I decided to kick-off my small group Date with Destiny, so I am going to need to get with a group that doesn't "demand" or "require" my constant participation. If I can add a bit more color to the group, great. But just so that people know, I am planning to multi-task a little.

Nadir

*tilts head* So you're not looking to join a group game? Or just not a fast paced one?

Twisted Crow

I am still looking around, just not one that wouldn't necessarily "need" me for every little thing. A slow-paced one would be ideal, too.  :-)

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: Twisted Crow on July 07, 2015, 03:26:26 AM
I am still looking around, just not one that wouldn't necessarily "need" me for every little thing. A slow-paced one would be ideal, too.  :-)
Define "slow-paced", please.
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

Twisted Crow

As in... one that wouldn't need my reply every day? Given that I'm spreading myself a bit between my group, solos and maybe another group or two. Activity that wouldn't 'need' me to be there every single day. One that I can reply to and have it move on for a bit. Like a few days in between replies, a week at most.