The Last Man On Earth [Seeking ST]

Started by TheVillain, November 20, 2011, 06:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheVillain

To Whoever Can Read This

I don't know what my name is, I don't know what year this is, I don't know anything about this place. I just know that I woke up in this glass tank. There was a foot locker at the feet of the tank with clothes in it, but I think moths got into it- everything is ruined. There's a language on the nameplate of the locker- it looks old and I don't even recognize the language at all. One of the letters does look kind of like a J but that's probably just a coincidence. I've taken to calling myself J anyway.

When I look outside the windows I see that I'm in the middle of a city but it's in ruins, something happened here. Something very bad.

They have computers here. I can't access much without understanding the language but there's pictures, videos, patterns I can follow. People lived in this city once, but then there was a war or an invasion or something like that I think. 3 years ago maybe? I think it's telling me that there were a bunch of different weapons used, the vast majority of people died- including anyone with a y-gene. Even in the womb. And the few that didn't die became something that isn't human- not any more.

So here I am, in some sort of hospital in a ruined megacity populated by monsters. I have to get moving, I have to go find somewhere safe. If someone finds this and can read it, you aren't alone. We can find each other. We can survive this somehow.

Good Luck.

----

Alright, basic idea is a twist on the old 'Last Man on Earth' fantasy. The main character is an amnesiac who wakes up in what would almost look like a ruined alien city if there weren't pictures of the former occupants who look a lot like people, though the occupants who are left most certainly do not resemble people any more. Survival, Monster Hunting, and a lot of Running ensues. I put this here in case we do want to say that there were other survivors, they were female, and they haven't even seen anything male and human in 3 years.

Can be system if we want, would be kind of keen actually, but not required.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Neysha

Kinda reminds me of Y! The Last Man comic book series. Good RP idea. :)
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

TheVillain

Well, the core concept isn't exactly new. Pretty sure we'll find the basic idea in Hieroglyphics at some point. :P

Of course, that would just attest to sticking power in the psyche and all that.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Neysha

Mmmm I'll bite, I find the setting somewhat intriguing the more I dwell on it. Wasn't sure at first but it's growing on me.

Check out my ons and offs I think we might be compatible.
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

TheVillain

I think I'm going to open this back up, with all due respect to Neysha.