News:

Main Menu

Mass Effect

Started by Destiny Ascension, September 16, 2008, 12:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magnamos

Quote from: Destiny Ascension on October 01, 2008, 11:49:11 PM
I beg to differ....biotics are the best. There is nothing nearly as awesome, as lifting a Krogan battlemaster clear up into space, then throwing him beyond the eyes range.

Not to mention creating a singularity and watching everyone float around, colliding with eachother, boxes, not to mention the hot ammunition your team will be spewing at them. :D

Sooooooooo true!

There is nothing better than having youself blowing the enemy's cover by lifting them up with a well placed singularity and watch as Garrus and Wrex do some shooting practice with Explosiveround-Sniperrifles.

A true wave of devestation is Tali, Wrex and yourself as Bioticuser. Unfortunately the AI often leads to double uses on the same enemy and therefore the combat length is limited. If someone is willing to turn Mass Effect into a Tacticsgame by turning off the AI use of power and paint the targets yourself.

Canuckian

Quote from: Destiny Ascension on October 01, 2008, 11:49:11 PMNot to mention creating a singularity and watching everyone float around, colliding with eachother, boxes, not to mention the hot ammunition your team will be spewing at them. :D

Sigularity would be awesome if Mass Effect used Euphoria for the NPCs reactions, eh?  :)

magnamos

Euphoria is the thing they used in The Force Unleashed? I think that would be a little to overpowered. They could easily hold on to anything since the setting in Mass Effect are mostly in tight spaces (If you're driving the Mako there is no use for Biotics ;) ). The gravitationfields are also pretty weak compared to Force Pull-Stardestroyer. It would render Biotics useless but hey, it would still be fun to see Rachni use there tentacles to flail at random things in there vicinity to not get carried away. Just imagine a rational thinking Geth-Battlewalker starts to fidget while he hovers away and a squad of Geth Soldiers tries to keep him at the ground. It would look like a hughe Geth Baloon Parade xD

Destiny Ascension

You can buy a 360 if you want, and get it that wai if your PC isn't up to date.

:)
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

Revolverman

the dollar dollar stops me :P

Destiny Ascension

True.

If you really wanna play it, I'd suggest building your own PC. If you live in even a moderate sized town, or with a city near by, just find a local PC building store, and talk to them about it. I built mine, which runs Crysis and Mass Effect, Mass Effect at hightest settings with almost no lag at all, for only 500 bucks.

That sounds like a lot, but there are PC's out there who do the same for over 1 grand, so take that as you will. :P
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."

Revolverman

hmm, I like the sounds of that, I know exactly were some PC builders are :D

Destiny Ascension

There ya go!

Right now I'm in that phase where, I've done everything on Mass Effect, but I can't get bored of it, its slightly disturbing. But also, I'm kinda in between that point before the next book and game, so yeah, I'm going nuts.

I heard the 2nd game will be mid 09, cause they already had most of the textures and coding done for the basis of the species, and that took up most of the work. But I wouldn't count on seeing it until about late 09, possibly not till 2010, but you never know.

:o

Revolverman

hope its not like KOTOR 2

Canuckian

Let's hope they fix the texture pop and those sloooooooooooooooooooooow-assed elevators.  Those were almost game-breaking for me.

Of course, given the Xbox 360's update, where you can copy games to your consoles HD, that should help with the loading times.  Should.  Hope.  Pray.

Sabby

I'd like to see the combat worked on a little as well. Its good, but theres definitely room for improvement.

Destiny Ascension

I loved the elevators...they were the BEST! :D

Random little news annoucements or conversations, plus gave me time to get some soda or something...

Also, the combat is flunky, but they did leave room for massive improvement, as everything is. But you do have to remember, it is a mix between an RPG and Shooter, so you have to take what you can get. They could have definitely made it worse, I'm just thankful they kept the bugs to a MINIMUM! :P

Canuckian

The elevators were just too long, amusing or no.  Combat could use some help if only with the team AIs, they need work.

magnamos

Fallout 3 will be out this or next month so it will pass the time until Mass Effect 2 arrives. I'm right now PC only but actually there are a few games that make want to get an XBox. I got no TV so it would be not only the 400 Bucks for the XBox but another 1000 Bucks for a decent TV (Yeah, I know but I want quality >_>)

Canuckian

As I said earlier in the thread, after playing ME and looking at Fallout 3, I can't stand the text-based entry for conversation.  That's ruined for me, now :)

Sabby

Oh god, seconded >__< loved the speech system in ME... such a simple little tweak made it so awesome.

Destiny Ascension

Meh, I'd like to see voice communication in Mass Effect 2...like saying something in a microphone and the characters respond...

I really wanna ask Ashley if she spits or swallows...like...REALLY...bad XD

OK not really bad, but that'd be funny as hell.

Canuckian

Quote from: Destiny Ascension on October 04, 2008, 12:25:18 AMI really wanna ask Ashley if she spits or swallows...like...REALLY...bad XD

OK not really bad, but that'd be funny as hell.

Noooooooooo... her answer would be funny as hell :D  Ashely FTW!

Avi

It also would be fun to get into banter with Wrex.  I doubt the technology has advanced that far though.  I hope, at least, that they include the ability to interrupt NPCs in conversation that they cut from the first game.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Destiny Ascension

Tom Clancy's EndWar has a system where you order things via the mic, and same with World in Conflict Soviet Assault, which is going to Consoles I think next year, you can order units and give orders with the mic...

Same deal here. Have them respond to various questions and...being Mass Effect...some dirty ones too ^_^

magnamos

I just hope that it's more accurate than the typical voice control things for windows. I can also see me screaming "CHARGE" and my men scream "RETREAT!!!" and flee.... ::)

Revolverman

Quote from: magnamos on October 06, 2008, 03:42:22 AM
I just hope that it's more accurate than the typical voice control things for windows. I can also see me screaming "CHARGE" and my men scream "RETREAT!!!" and flee.... ::)

well then, you have the ability to call them pussies as they run

Destiny Ascension

I really want to see how they will add the decisions of the first game into the 2nd game. I can't imagine anything huge like completely separate games, but I can see some differences in how people talk to you.

I also hope there is no voice command system, since my PC mic doesn't work, and I don't own a 360...

MASS EFFECT ON PS3!? nupe... XD

Sabby

Quote from: Destiny Ascension on October 13, 2008, 11:29:33 PMMASS EFFECT ON PS3!? nupe... XD

Yeah, all us Xbox owners are total crusader level fanboys ::) we have to protect what exclusive franchises we can.

Haha, in all honesty, I wouldn't care if it got ported to the PS3. As long as I get ME2 on 360, I'm happy. And if Captain Anderson returns, I want him to lay off the coffee and settle down with the dialogue and I SWEAR TO GOD, start dropping some N-Bombs...

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabbat on October 14, 2008, 12:02:12 AM
Yeah, all us Xbox owners are total crusader level fanboys ::) we have to protect what exclusive franchises we can.

Haha, in all honesty, I wouldn't care if it got ported to the PS3. As long as I get ME2 on 360, I'm happy. And if Captain Anderson returns, I want him to lay off the coffee and settle down with the dialogue and I SWEAR TO GOD, start dropping some N-Bombs...
Don't mess with David Kieth man. Anyway, Sony's losing it. I heard Final Fantasy XIII is coming out for 360. Sony you dropped the ball man. You made me an Xbox fan and I hated Xbox.

ME 2 *Wonders in amazement* I want more aliens and classes. Which invariably leads to more alien sex, as Captain Kirk demonstrates.   
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.