News:

Main Menu

Mass Effect

Started by Destiny Ascension, September 16, 2008, 12:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZK

Did you forget about the commando squad?
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Canuckian

I'm easy :D  I think I'd go for a human male, myself.  Shocking, eh? :)  I think we can both guess what DA would like to play as...

Ack!  0 for 2! :P

Destiny Ascension

Heck naw, but I don't know anything about commando squads. When I play a role, I wanna know as much as possible. I have no idea on ranks, rank structure, tactical structure or combat formations or tactics. I know they are strongly biotics, and are generally small units. So I could assume they operate much like a special forces team, quick hit and run attacks, followed by a series of ambushes to demoralize and lower enemy strength and numbers. I'm kinda picky with details, but usually only with my own roles.

I could do commando easily I guess, never really crossed my mind honestly LOL!

I'm tired, bleh...
* Destiny Ascension grumbles.
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

Canuckian

Especially if she's cut off from the rest of her team, then you wouldn't have to really worry about such things.

Avi

For some reason, I liked Garrus the best out of the support characters.  His whole dilemma with doing what's right and doing what's legal is kind of an interesting one that I find myself dealing with now and then.  And besides, he and Ashley could really have an interesting dynamic going, since he can be a bit of a smart ass at times.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Destiny Ascension

Thats an interesting way to look at it, definitely possible. Or a sole survivor area. PLUS, if we want, we can go Terminus Systems style, since it hasn't been developed at all, except for Omega in the 2nd book, we could easily fictionalize a lot of stuff. It also gives good credit to why a quarian, Alliance Military(Or just Human) and asari commando would come across each other.

ALSO! Yes I love Garrus, especially later in the game if your Paragon. He changes for the better, but I really hope he is in the 2nd game, at least a little bit, just to see how things are going if necessary. But hes cool, I really like him for Insanity difficulty, cause his tech and combat mix make him great for fighting geth, specially mixed with Liara's biotics which can disable or instantly kill harder enemies with shields and Immunity, plus Garrus can disable weapons and shields, but also has some combat efficency.
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."

ZK

Quarians can be anywhere. ^.^ Either on Pilgrimage or never coming back from one.

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Canuckian

So a human soldier, an asari commado, and a quarian are in the Terminus Systems to do what?  Research Cerberus activity?  Follow up a lead on geth developments?  Test a new Mako unit that doesn't bounce as much?  (complete with bumper sticker: If the Mako's a rockin'... don't worry, that's normal!)

ZK

The Quarian wouldn't initially be with the group. Those zany Quarians.

Revolverman

anyone know the PC specs needed to run it?

Canuckian

Quote from: ZK on September 16, 2008, 03:32:54 PM
The Quarian wouldn't initially be with the group. Those zany Quarians.

Always underfoot, they are.  Or underclaw.  Or underfoot-tread.  Or... :P

ZK

Tali had Geth prosthetic legs.

Destiny Ascension

Well if we wanna avoid the storyline all together, maybe we could base it off something not involving Cerberus(Since, techniqually, Cerberus isn't actively attacking alien races in the 2nd book, except the Migrant Fleet, so they are really only a human issue) maybe we could do something like...slavers? Mercenaries stole something very valuable to the Council before Soverigns attack, an Alliance team was sent, along with a commando squad, but in the aftermath of the attack the teams were kinda back-walled, and then a quarian comes along..to...help/get a copy of the data? :P

Just...throwing out ideas... XD

ZK

Or you go rescue the Quarian. ^.^

Revolverman

ZK

Minimum System Requirements for Mass Effect on the PC

Operating System:
Windows XP or Vista

Processor:
2.4+GHZ Intel or 2.0+GHZ AMD

Memory:
1 Gigabyte Ram (XP)
2 Gigabyte Ram (Vista)

Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 6 series(6800GT or better)
ATI 1300XT or better (X1550, X1600 Pro and HD2400 are below minimum system requirements)

Hard Drive Space:
12 Gigabytes

Sound Card:
DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card and drivers
----------

Recommended System Requirements for Mass Effect on the PC

Operating System:
Windows XP or Vista

Processor:
2.6+GHZ Intel or 2.4+GHZ AMD

Memory:
2 Gigabyte Ram

Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX or higher.
ATI X1800 XL series or higher

Hard Drive Space:
12 Gigabytes

Sound Card:
DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card and drivers – 5.1 sound card recommended

-----------
Additional Note from Derek French:

The Mass Effect Config program will automatically adjust your settings on first run, to attempt to give you an optimal play experience. As with all PC games, computer performance varies from system to system and adjustments can be made via the Config or through the in-game options to tailor your experience.

Destiny Ascension

Snap, she beat me to it! :D

I can run it at highest available settings, only a few spikes of lag in insane areas(Breeding Ground, and Presidium mainly) and otherwise, runs PERFECTLY!

Revolverman

... WOW my computer would MELT if I tried to play that

Revolverman

ZK

My computer can play Crysis on a high resolution and high graphics setting at a comfortable pace. ME is a walk in the park for my machine. ^.^

Yep, I'm a Quarian alright. >.>

Canuckian

Quote from: ZK on September 16, 2008, 03:37:06 PM
Or you go rescue the Quarian. ^.^

I'm up for some Rescue the Quarian :D  Kinda reminds me of Basilla Shan in KoToR 1 :D

What forum should we put this in?  Since the aliens are human-ish, do they count as exotic or no?

Revolverman

Quote from: ZK on September 16, 2008, 03:41:05 PM
My computer can play Crysis on a high resolution and high graphics setting at a comfortable pace. ME is a walk in the park for my machine. ^.^

Yep, I'm a Quarian alright. >.>

... WOW, is your computer from the future?

Canuckian

Quote from: Revolverman on September 16, 2008, 03:42:30 PM

... WOW, is your computer from the future?

No, she just walks in like her avatar and storerunners just shower her with computer bits :D

Revolverman

Damn, if I tried that... well lets say I would be showered with bits, but not computer bits

ZK

Every 5 or so years, I shell out 2-4K on PC goodies.