Boy, 12, shot as he does homework

Started by Rhapsody, October 09, 2008, 06:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhapsody

Sickening. Just sickening.

Quote from: CNN.comO'FALLON, Missouri (AP) -- Authorities arrested a suspect Thursday in the death of a 12-year-old Illinois boy who investigators said was shot in his home as he did schoolwork.

Police set up checkpoints as they searched for the suspect. Marcus Powell was charged with murder.

Prosecutors charged Marcus Powell with first-degree murder in the drive-by shooting death of Delarrian Davis.

Capt. Brad Wells with the Madison County Sheriff's Department said Delarrian was minding his own business when he was killed early Tuesday at his home in Madison, Illinois, just across the Mississippi River from St. Louis.

Investigators found pencils and notebook paper near his body, indicating he was working on homework. A neighbor said she saw a man drive up in a car in front the house, turn off the headlights and fire shots into the home.

Powell, 27, had eluded authorities wanting to question him about the shooting until he surfaced near this St. Louis suburb Thursday morning, officials said.

After a chase, Powell was found in a shed at a mobile home park, said resident Bruce Koelling, who saw the capture. He said about 45 officers converged on the shed, sent in a dog and the entered the shed with guns drawn. Koelling said he heard Powell yell, but it appeared he surrendered peacefully.

Several schools nearby either closed for the day or were placed on lockdown during the manhunt.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

The Overlord

WyldRanger

Silver

*sighs* It's so sad...

Wish that it hadn't been here(yep I live in STL)
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Schlafly

We were the second most dangerous city in the nation last year; but this business with the twelve year old is pretty bad, even for this town.

Mathim

This reminds me of something that happened in my neighborhood when I was like six or seven. There was a drive-by shooting (drug related) but the shooters got the wrong house (they wanted the house across the street from the one they shot at) and the house they actually shot at belong to the minister of the church my family went to. Their dog got shot in the neck and died but none of the minster's family were killed. But this news story is worse, it was a kid who hadn't even gotten to really live yet.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Kurzyk

That is very sad.  :( I'm glad they caught him.

Trinket

I'll never understand why people need to shoot anyone. The death of a young person is never easy to take, but especially when it was murder rather than anything to do with biological causes. I'm glad that the culprit was caught, but that won't be to much comfort for the 12 year old's family members. I know cities can be dangerous, but even small towns can't escape from the criminal mind... I just hope the family who lost their young member will fare well, but I'm sure it will take some time...

Avi

It's a sad fact, but things like this happen every single day.  I grew up near Milwaukee, Wisconsin, a city considered one of the worst for violent crime in the entire country.  About three or four times each year, there would be some gang-related shooting where kids got caught in the crossfire.  It's senseless, pointless, and all it does is ruin lives.  Grow up, people, seriously.  Stop acting like gangstas and start acting like real men.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Mathim

Better yet, all those people who don't value the lives of others, kill themselves.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Oniya

Quote from: Mathim on October 14, 2008, 12:01:23 PM
Better yet, all those people who don't value the lives of others, kill themselves.

The problem is, they're trying to kill each other - and the rest of us end up having to duck.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17