To a World of Darkness (Exalted/WoD)

Started by RSGAlex, March 14, 2013, 05:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

You were asking about Procedures, by the way.  I just saw the one A Canticle For Hope in the Unconquered Sun book and that might be good, although it only works out to about 100 miles.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

RSGAlex

Here is an appropriate song.

I went and put up the Drinking Problems that vamps have for Solars, since all we have now is Solars. Needless to say, the Chosen of the Sun are not happy-funtime snacks for leeches.

I also have a few thaum procedures whose main purpose is to be ingredients for artifacts, and a charm (and a CCS spell), if anyone wants is interested.
Signature Recreation Pending....

Downloading Drivers 1 of @*.

Please wait warmly.

Jefepato

I kinda had my eye on Alchemy, it seemed like about my character's speed.  Definitely interested in whatever material you'd like to share.

Shame the errata nixed the Exalted's ability to spend motes in place of exotic ingredients, though.  Time to put that Craft (Wood) to work I guess.  (Or bite the bullet and get a cache egg with various weird crap from Creation.)

The Lore teaching charms still seem to require two Excellencies.  And...looking at your houserules I think Wyld-Shaping Technique might be kind of a bad idea.

AndyZ

The really hard part for Alchemy is that Earth and Creation have pretty different ecosystems, unless you can get away with substitutes.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

RSGAlex

WST is a bad idea, if you don't protect yourself properly. If you do, it's not nearly as dangerous. And yeah, the Lore teaching charm is locked behind two excellencies because it is so powerful. As scary as TWTT is, HAM is even scarier, especially when fully upgraded.

With a degree, substitutes can be made without penalty. Unless the substitute was also of low quality.

Twin Hand Boast

Art of Alchemy 1, Wits, 2, Six Hours

This brew, in the first age, was made mostly to anoint select parts of artifacts that were made to be used paired, helping to align the essence of the pair.

Of the ten thousand recipes that have survived into the present day, all share one common base, the opposing halves of two identical objects, each of which had been cut in half using the same blade, by the same person, in the same manner. The two halves are used as a base for what is best described as a demented stew of matched ingredients, some powdered, some whole, most in-between the two states.

Although usually used for the making of artifacts, say by soaking the magical materials, or the specially made and identical grips of a pair of short daiklaves, the resulting brew can be imbibed, and for a scene the drinker treats both hands as dominant.

Rituals of Rarefied Jade

Art of Alchemy 2/3, Stamina, 2/4, One Week

The adept version of this ritual allows Dragon Blooded to convert one color of jade to another, or more usefully, slowly purify jade of the proper color for her aspect. The ritual consumes various specially prepared, essence infused items that the dragon blood's anima consumes, worth resources 3, and eight motes from the Terrestrial. Small pieces of jade are usually swallowed after being treated with a paste of the items, or sewn under the skin near chakras that have occult sigils painted on them with the ashen remains of items. Larger pieces of jade tend to have the items placed on them and destroyed by the dragon blood's anima as he chants certain sutras to the Elemental Dragons. The whole affair takes less than an hour in either way, but the transformation takes the full week to finish, and it is not useful in crafts until the time has passed.

The master version of this ritual creates unique versions of jade, referred to in the few texts that feature the ritual as blended jade. The ritual is much the same, only requiring rarer items to be prepared in more elaborate ways (resources 4 to buy), and is far more difficult. Dragon Bloods with aspects not matching the jade's produce jade that shows stripes of jade of both (or all for those with more than one aspect) colors, in twisting arcs like a peppermint candy. Solars produce jade with bands of yellow heavily tainted with the color of the jade itself, while Lunars give the result stripes of shining, almost reflective silver-steel. Siderals give the jade stripes of pure color of their anima, unearthly and unnatural, even if a Battles Caste were to perform the ritual on the purest of Red Jades. It's unknown, yet, what an Abyssal, or Green Sun Prince's version of this ritual would look like, or even what kind of artifacts such things would be useful in.

Perfection Subverted

Art of Alchemy 3, Wits, 4, One Hour

This ritual requires that the user have a defense charm with no intrinsic chance of failure (such as a dice roll) but an extrinsic chance of failure (the Solar and Lunar Flaws of Invulnerability as examples), or else be willing to ruin a large number of perfect items, some of which are about as potent for artifice as the resultant potion is.

Materially, making the poison requires several essence binding plants of abnormally poor quality, a pool of ritually fouled water, and five uses of the perfect defense charm that the thaumaturge possesses. The specific toxins used to foul the water have a resources cost of 4. In addition, the thaumaturge must intentionally mangle the channeling of Essence at the right moment of time, diverting it into the water, which is then mixed with the binding agents.

The resulting mix of essence and fouled water rebels against itself and quickly congeals into a surprisingly sweet smelling, and cloyingly sweet tasting mix with a paste like consistancy. Used as a poison, a single dose has traits of 1L/charm or hour, 2L, Essence Use/Hour, -1, and the procedure produces seven doses.

A normally made dose of the poison is mostly useful for minor artifacts that protect against poison, although some ancient individuals remember how to make more potent versions of this poison, for use in stronger, or just more offensive artifacts.

Neti Neti's Brew

Art of Alchemy 2, Charisma, 3, One Day

This relatively simple alchemical brew is used to treat the ivory face masks sometimes turned into artifacts. It is far from the only way to make ingredients for the mask, but one of the simplest. The traditional recipe is a distillation of sunlight and forget me nots, boiled in a broth made with duck fat. The duck fat is by far the most expensive part of this in most places, requiring as much as Resources 3 to get it, should you for some reason need duck fat to be brought to you from another direction. Ingested, the soup gives one die to any roll to exert authority, or three if one boldly claims to be a non-existent lord.

The mask is usually far more useful.

And for comedy

Hundred Year Ice Sheets

Art of Spirit Beckoning 3, Strength, 8, One Century

One of the less used or known rituals in all of Creation, this ritual was made by, and remains the almost exclusive province of the fair folk for its absurd difficulty, and even more absurd length. The materials involved are seven exotic spices from the four corners of Creation, baroquely engraved (skill and talent are optional) tubs, and lots of water.

The thaumaturge shouts curses and challenges to the spirits of air, and directs the responses of the spirits into the water by throwing handfuls of the spices into the spirit's oncoming displeasure. Success will eventually end up in making large amounts of Hundred Year Ice, which is strong as steel, light as ice, and would last, even in deepest South, for a century. Unfortunately, it is only as strong as steel, heavy as ice, and would last, even in the furthest North, for only a century.

When the Raksha deign to make this, it is usually from gossamer, lies, or though extensive use of the fluidity of the Wyld.

Please wait warmly.

avorae

Quote from: RSGAlex on March 23, 2013, 08:52:31 PM
Edit: Oh, and you have one more language family coming to you, assuming that neither Anglo-Frisian nor Japonic holds your native tongue.
English is her native tongue but as her parents where first generation immigrants to the United States she is also proficient in their native language as well. 
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

RSGAlex

Got any ideas on what you want your extra family to be?

Please wait warmly.

avorae

Quote from: RSGAlex on March 25, 2013, 11:37:16 PM
Got any ideas on what you want your extra family to be?
I'll have to think on it a bit.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

AndyZ

Incidentally, I want to give Jarick's char express permission to have seen Valerie flying around on her raptor wings via some form of security camera.  That'll make it easier to get together and Valerie isn't exactly subtle.

Muse

Hey folks, I'm keeping pretty busy these days.  I'd like to concede my spot to Ajoxer.  He's good ramen.  :)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

RSGAlex

Please wait warmly.

Ajoxer

This is potentially great because I've got an idea for an Eclipse Solar rock star who single-handedly feeds an entire entourage of Changeling refugees with enough glamour to beat off banality nearly permanently. All about bringing magic back into the world through the power of rock.

Because it is always rock.

If that idea sounds good, I'll begin work on it; If not, I shall consider other possibilities.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

RSGAlex

Bad Joke
But wouldn't you have to be a Dragon Blooded to have the power of Rock?

It could probably be done.

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

*discreetly adds the power of Paper to Valerie's sheet*

RSGAlex

Two things this time.

One is going to be a few lists about the 24 demons. The lists are all totally true, even when the numbers add up to more than 24. Mostly from technicalites, or having two categories apply to the same being.

Two, and I can't believe I forgot to ask this, what's the preferred level of kinkyness for this one? I'll go and take a safe bet and say
above

Light:Human.

List
Of the 24 demons, sociologically, here's the count. 17 are first circles. 9 count as citizens.

Of the 24 demons, 3 are working to let higher circles in to the new world. 22 are more focused on other things.

Of the 24 demons, 1 offers flesh-crafting, 1 offers cleaning, 1 offers lore, and 24 offer beatings to unwary supernaturals native to the World of Darkness.

Of the 24 demons, 6 have experience with being more than grunts in war.

Oh, and try highlighting the space between the ellipsis and say.

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

I doubt anyone will easily capture Valerie in order to use NC, though if it happens, I'm okay with it.  If we have demons, werewolves, Lunars and the like, Exotic may be a better suggestion than Human, but that's on you.

RSGAlex

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

Yeah, the highlighting trick works.  I have it on a few spots of Valerie's sheet to remind me of things like how many total peripheral motes she has.

If you have the thread set on Notify, it also automatically shows you hidden text like that.

RSGAlex

Oh, well. It just makes the joke a bit less obvious, until you get in here.

Please wait warmly.

Cessali

It might be worth just-in-case scaling it to Exotic (all sorts of strange things out there), and while it's not something that interests me personally, I can deal with Non-Con.

AndyZ

Possibly crazy question, but if we have the English group, do we get American Sign Language?

RSGAlex

You'd get ASL with Anglo-Frisian or Body language.

And I had a joke about what Jarick said, but now that I think about it, a 'please don't fuck the Vhodz' joke would probably be in bad taste.

Please wait warmly.

ShadowFox89

Is this still recruiting? And would you possibly be willing to allow Terrifying Argent Witches version of Lunars? >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

AndyZ

I don't think any of the PCs plan on raping anyone, so unless our Solars can expect to be raped, Bondage should be fine.

Likewise, unless someone has plans for sexy time with something non-human, Human should be fine.

Light would even be fine for Val but I don't expect everyone to stick to her ways.

RSGAlex

Shadow, at the moment, I've got the number of people I want for this, although I'll put you down as first on the to ask list should somebody drop out, retire, or become a Bydo.

And I think that the three sheets that are posted are complete.

Please wait warmly.