News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaosfox

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on February 21, 2014, 07:37:46 PM
I've tried smite and Dota 2...  Both are horrible in my opinion.  Dota more so with its full screen UI.
I agree with you on Dota 2 but I do enjoy smite mainly because I like the moment control ore so the the click to move. THough  in the end I do  enjoy LoL the most. It really just depend on what I am in the mood for which one I play or what game I play period.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Chaosfox on February 22, 2014, 12:40:44 PM
I agree with you on Dota 2 but I do enjoy smite mainly because I like the moment control ore so the the click to move. THough  in the end I do  enjoy LoL the most. It really just depend on what I am in the mood for which one I play or what game I play period.

My issue with smite is that I feel like I'm playing and even more linear version of WoWs pvp, which if I wanted to do that I'd play WoW.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Chaosfox

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on February 22, 2014, 02:02:53 PM
My issue with smite is that I feel like I'm playing and even more linear version of WoWs pvp, which if I wanted to do that I'd play WoW.

I see what you mean there but with Smite there not trying to balance characters for pve and pvp :P which is why  I like mombas in the first place. They are intended to be pvp games so there are no balance issues caused by pve. All the balance issues come form making sure characters aren't overpowered. 

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Chaosfox on February 23, 2014, 08:11:21 AM
I see what you mean there but with Smite there not trying to balance characters for pve and pvp :P which is why  I like mombas in the first place. They are intended to be pvp games so there are no balance issues caused by pve. All the balance issues come form making sure characters aren't overpowered. 

Lol, games like moba's are balanced around the professional players or the masses bitching about a mechanic from a character they can't deal with so it must be changed.  You can't balance a game that has 20+ characters to select.  All you can do is to make a meta and nerf around it.

Chaosfox

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on February 23, 2014, 01:25:11 PM
Lol, games like moba's are balanced around the professional players or the masses bitching about a mechanic from a character they can't deal with so it must be changed.  You can't balance a game that has 20+ characters to select.  All you can do is to make a meta and nerf around it.

Though at times that meta does get broken which has happened here lately.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Chaosfox on February 23, 2014, 04:10:28 PM
Though at times that meta does get broken which has happened here lately.

As in Leagues meta... Yeah, vision changes screwed shit up bad, new talents are pushing supports like sona and soraka to the pine pony.

SinXAzgard21

Started playing normals again since ARAM is full of ass hats.  I don't play blind pick, draft has been very troll free lately.  Teemo solo top and support.

Revelation

I dunno, if you look at games like dota 2, they tend to see far more variety in champions in professional scenes - which is a pretty damn big feat considering how crazy some of their champions get. I have only played the game a few times, but some dota 2 heroes are fairly complicated or unique compared to what can happen in league.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Changingsaint on February 27, 2014, 02:18:23 AM
I dunno, if you look at games like dota 2, they tend to see far more variety in champions in professional scenes - which is a pretty damn big feat considering how crazy some of their champions get. I have only played the game a few times, but some dota 2 heroes are fairly complicated or unique compared to what can happen in league.

I'd honestly care about Dota 2 heroes if the game wasn't more about struggling with the stupidly over sized UI.  And no, I won't get used to it, every effing game made in recent years have either very non intrusive or adjustable UI. 

Shjade

It'd be nice if League had Dota 2's map, items and heroes but maintaining League's UI. Ah well.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Revelation

Quote from: Shjade on February 27, 2014, 03:11:35 AM
It'd be nice if League had Dota 2's map, items and heroes but maintaining League's UI. Ah well.

Wouldn't that be Dota 2 with the league UI instead of League with the Dota elements? :P

Anyway, the 'bigness' of the Dota 2 UI is due to it trying to keep as close to the Warcraft 3 UI as much as it can. Love it or hate it, dota 2 is a pretty faithful adaptation of the dota game to the source engine which is what the thing was suppose to be. It's pretty neat they got a lot of the technical glitches and bugs that have more or less become dota gameplay mechanics to transist over to smoothly.

As is though, being a league player I do keep closer tabs on what dota 2 does than normal. I find it a very interesting game, and its definitely League's biggest rival in the genre.

Shjade

In large ways, yes. But League has things that I'd like to have in Dota 2 as well, things like floating combat text above enemies when you hit them, indicators for how long CC will last on a target, smartcasting (didn't see this in Dota 2's options if it's there), consistent damage for autoattacks rather than an X-Y range...

I think the variety of heroes and items, larger and more "destructible" map and some of the turret mechanics of Dota 2 are better than League's, but League is much, much more user-friendly when it comes to actually playing the game.
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Dota 2: UI the game. 

Heroes of the Storm's UI is as small as LoL's and probably adjustable.

SinXAzgard21

I'm getting pretty tired of feeders in games.  Fucking seriously stop being stupid.  All my placement games have been feeders and you're supposed to carry them all if you're good... Fuck that 1v5 games are horse shit.

Panduhmoanium

If anyone wants to play shoot me a PM.

himawari

<snip><< I play LoL (north america)  O:)

No contact info in the public areas - staff
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Himawari’s Fields of Ideas

Chris Brady

Quote from: annarose on July 03, 2014, 05:56:15 AM
REDACTED << I play LoL (north america)  O:)
Anna, please, no log ins here (as in this side of the site) this is a public board, non-approved people can see it.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Prototype

I'm a complete nerd when it comes to LoL. I play in Europe West and soon reach 3000 wins in normal games.
Got every champion, all runepages and all the useful runes so now I got like 17 k IP again that is a waste unless I want to change my name for the 3rd time.

I would love to have some gaming partners though so toss me a PM if you fancy to play with me.

The puritan filth, where ivy grows
The poisoned tear, the thorn, the rose
The sin, the pleasure, the sexual urge
Is what I choose for my last dirge

LuckyOwl

I'm also on EUW, but I'm a bit of a ranked addict. I'm up for playing some normals with people from E though - hit me up on PM if you want to.
QuoteYou never knew exactly how much space you occupied in people's lives.
F. Scott Fitzgerald, Tender is the Night

The Golden Touch

I still play sometimes. On NA though, so yeah.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Chris Brady

Did anyone actually care about the Lore?  Honest question.

Because apparently they may rebooting it?  I think?
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

apygoos

yes theyre rebooting the Lore, i care about it a ton really

Drenlai

Woot, just made it to gold without any duo partners. -dance-

Ryven

How are they rebooting the lore?

Shjade

Quote from: Drenlai on September 09, 2014, 02:18:08 PM
Woot, just made it to gold without any duo partners. -dance-

Nice! Congratulations. =D
◕/◕'s