[IC] An Assortment of Games to Choose From

Started by CrazyIvan, July 06, 2017, 02:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyIvan

I have been thinking over two more free-form or lite system concepts and one/two DnD flavored games that I am thinking of running and now want to judge people's interest in them. I would be looking for players, editors, and possibly Co-GMs to help take on the load of a lot of people. Although these would have adult themes and some sex in them it will not be the main focus as these stories could be quite large at times, at least how I am envisioning them now.

Darkest Days Yet to Come: 5e DnD campaign venturing into being the bad guys

Nearly 600 years ago a vile group of malcontents threatened to conquer and subjugate the entire continent of Authem. Their armies comprised the worst sorts of villains from all races, and even from other realms. Some followed willingly, in awe of their master's might, others had been brought low and forced to follow, lest they suffer a fate worse than death. Each army was lead by one of the five founding members, each capable of leveling cities by themselves. The five left a wake of destruction where every they went burning villages, enslaving new fodder for the army, and pillaging the land for their own gain. Valtar the Rage Bound, The Mad Mage Fren, The Shade, Oathbreaker, and Reinhert the Scourge the fearsome five that even now instill fear into the hearts of man - at least they should have.

Just when all hope had seem lost to the realms of Authem a united front was formed and the remaining lands sent forth brave heroes to combat the seething darkness that blanketed the land. An age old story, the stuff of legends and fairy tales, a bane to all those that are not seen as correct or just. As it is those heroes that are remembered in the hearts of people today, it is the victors that write the books and it is them who enjoys their time in the sun. Since that time the nations have been rebuilt the scorched lands retaken and fields of wheat planted upon them. The villains were struck low and slain in their separate lands the old capital of it all torn down and rebuilt. The kingdom of Yharlhiem now resides where the old capital used to rest.

The new nations have forgotten the tales of old, only the heroes true are remembered and spoke of, the old villains forgotten whispers in the dark corners of people's mind. However, dark things are again stirring, the repressed seek to again bath in the yellow sun. A dark fore again sneaks it way into the hearts of man and the races of Authem. The darkest days are yet to come, and what deeds will you preform under this twilight's light. Will you usher in a new age, will you leave destruction in your wake, or will you be struck down and halted like those exalted ones of old. Only time will tell what deeds history will record.

Players, a small group of them, would take on the roles of new villains coming into power that start small and grow into something larger.

More information available upon request.

The Lost Colony: Sci-fi adventure in colonization gone wrong

In the future humanity has reached out towards the stars and found that not only are they not alone, but it is a cold and hostile place. Players will take the role of colonists that are being sent froth from a space station towards a new colonial world. It has been scouted, vetted, and all together looks like a good candidate for human colonization. After the recent wars and conflicts humanity is again sending out fresh faced colonists into the dark to extend their reach. Although certain risks are assumed and guarantees made to those brave enough to volunteer for the first round of colonists dangers wait around every corner. But, what's the worst that could go wrong - right?

The game would focus on the colonists as they try to get on their feet, survive in a harsh world, and mostly on conflict with nature and native forces. Internal politics may also appear and present challenges, but the larger issues would be finding out what went wrong and making it through the year(s).

A Gilded Cage: Fantasy escape and city building adventure/5e DnD Adventure

Magic has long ruled over the world with mages changing it to suit their needs. However, the mages have long since split into separate factions controlling small sections of the world will the rest has grown wild and neglected. Within the domains of the mages are the gilded cages which house their toys and creations, spliced creatures of power and specific purposes. Servants, slaves, and pets all of them that are to obey forces that they never see. Until the calamity swept over one such cage and tore the precious order asunder. Will these many remain behind, rebel, or escape to the wilds?

The game sets the players as inhabitants of the Gilded Cages as they must decide for themselves what to do. I could also see making this a smaller adventure with DnD 5e and running a campaign centered around this, if I get enough interest.

General Rules

• Game would have a time system that either advances based upon key dates or weekly/biweekly that will advance large chunks of time each jump. Otherwise large movements in the story will be hard to manage and progress in a large game unattainable.
  • I am leaning towards having a slight system to allow for advancement and quick conflict resolution as the game will be more geared towards Role playing.
  • Posting should be regular, but also not too fast as to chase off other people in the threads.
  • All rules are subject to change at this point as discussion and interest checks continue.
  • Which of these looks the best to you guys and gals, would you want to play in one or both?

corvusul86

These all sound interesting, although I think I'd want a more detailed pitch.

If you go with rules-lite, what would the system be?  If you use 5e, are you going to simplify it for faster play, or play it straight?  How many players are you looking at -- you mentioned a small group for the first one, but would they all be?

Of the three options, I like A Gilded Cage the best, followed by The Lost Colony, then Darkest Days, but all of them have promise.  I'm fine with any rules system you'd like to use -- I'm fine with 5e, and I'm fine with rules-lite as well.

CrazyIvan

Quote from: corvusul86 on July 06, 2017, 06:15:52 PM
These all sound interesting, although I think I'd want a more detailed pitch.

The most detailed pitch I can give would be for the "Darkest Days Yet to Come" as that is a game I have completely stated up with gods, countries, and a complete world. The others are still evolving concepts that I am in the process of flushing out and so a little bit looser, but the general ideas and flows of the games are sort of worked out. How much more detail are you looking for and in what regard?

Quote from: corvusul86 on July 06, 2017, 06:15:52 PM
If you go with rules-lite, what would the system be?  If you use 5e, are you going to simplify it for faster play, or play it straight?  How many players are you looking at -- you mentioned a small group for the first one, but would they all be?

For the "Darkest Days Yet to Come" that uses a 5e DnD rule base that I would then simplify or use deadlier combat for in order to make combat go by quicker as in PbP that is often a huge slow down. For the rules-lite version would use a simple system I made that has a few stats and many gives a benchmark for the action you can do, and when something is outside of those then chance is more involved. "Darkest Days Yet to Come" is the smallest group at around 4 to 5 people and the "Gilded Cage" if run in a DnD manner would be the same, however I was also thinking of making it a larger group game so then the restriction on the number of people would be lifted.

Petrus02

Gilded cage sounds interesting. Especially with a rules lite, as i did not play much dnd at all, and 5e in particular lately. If thats not a problem count me interested :-)