On Tour (band needed)

Started by Rollard, October 22, 2010, 08:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingOFcalifornication

Wyrd

Name:James "Key Master" Roberts

Appearance: https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/2/25/ImagesCABZGH8S.jpg
James looks like a typical metal head most of the time, though, he is much more in love with his blonde hair then a normal guy should be.

Background:Since his youth, James had been obsessed with everything in music and sound At the age of 13, his father bought him his first instrument, an electric guitar, For over 3 years he practice his skill and trained his knowledge of the notes and how to read and write everything music. 5 hours every day was devoted to this, though he organized his time very well so he was still just barely able to keep his grade average up. His love for more types of sounds and music’s eventually lead him to sell his guitar and buy himself his first keyboard, since he already had much experience with notes and scales and a very growing and eager love and knowledge for music, he found no trouble mastering the keys.

During this age James had a large and passionate love for fantasy and reading. This lead him to grow away from the mainstream music to more epic and fantasy based and literate bands like Blind Guardian, Dragonland, Stratovarius and Rhapsody of fire.

After high school he spent much time drifting in and out of bands as a Keyboard player and syths programmer. Making money on the side as an advanced music teacher and session player. And few years ago he landed a gig as a guest keyboard player for some tracks for Randy's first album for his first band and had been friends with Randy ever since, and finally joining his new band a short while after the release of their first album.

Aside from playing in Randy's heavy metal band, James also has an Atmospheric and space themed solo project called "Star Born". He has released two demos and an EP, but has yet to finish composing and mixing a full album.

Inspirations:

James is heavily inpired by most forms of metal. Power, Proggresive and Melodic Folk metal being his top. His main bands are Blind Guardian, Dragonland, Stratovarius, Rhapsody of Fire, Wintersun, Ensiferum, Children of Bodom(OLd stuff), Equilibrium, Dream Theater, James LaBrie and Keldian.

Fave Albums are Night fall in Middle Earth (Blind Guardian)/Sages (Equilibium)/ Episode (Stratovarius)/ and Astronomy (Dragonland)

All time fav songs are "The Battle of the Ivory Plaines" by Dragonland and "Wheel of time" by Blind Guardian.

James is also very much influenced by Fantasy and Sc-fi books and Video games like Mass Effect and Eagon.
Ragtime Dandies!

Carlissa

Quote from: Amazon on November 10, 2010, 03:11:52 PM
Also do we have anyone playing a groupie now that lovelygirl has left?

Hey! You forgot my character!

I'm fine starting out post show, but I'm not sure how my character would fit in at that point...
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Spell

My apologies for not having my CS up let, I had a lot of trouble with my net. *Bows in apology*
Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...

Le Immortelle

Ready to start! Liz Chase can't wait to kick some ass! :D

Quote from: Carlissa on November 12, 2010, 06:03:56 PM
Hey! You forgot my character!

Whoops, sorry dear!

Spell

Name: Nathan Krupps

Height: 5'7''

Background: Nathan comes from a rather bad family. In a bad household, in which alcohol and bad parenting were only the usual things of the day, Damien tried to escape through music, converting his feeling and relating to the songs played on the radio and those he snatched illegally from the internet. Listening to really old bands like Joy Division but also the new, he finds himself always singing along to the words spoken in melodies. Singing because one of the things he loved to do, so much that he left school for it as well. Being a high-school dropout, he spent days just singing and literally still tried to sing when losing his voice, eventually as soon as he was eligible to live on his own he did, and he would sing and perform and small local clubs, his singing is all self-taught. Joined the band a bit randomly after a performance, and joined, as it could mean he could sing more.

Inspirations: Older bands such as Joy Division, more recent bands like Nirvana and Metallica, but also a lot of Modern Rock/Punk like Sum 41, MCR, P!ATD, and Fall Out Boy.
Darling,
What is going on...

Wyrd

Ragtime Dandies!

Spell

Darling,
What is going on...

Carlissa

"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Rollard

Due to circumstances beyond my control (last few weeks of college, and all the big assignments that are due), I am not able to devote as much time here as I would like to. I am considering giving the honors of starting the RP proper to someone else. If anyone participating feels that they can open the roleplaying session, please do so to the best of your ability.

Rollard

Good news: my finals are over. If no one else has started the RP already, I will be able to soon.

Carlissa

Sweet! I may be the only one still intereted though (Or at least knows this isnt dead). :P

kingOFcalifornication

Wyrd

Ragtime Dandies!

yuna0417

Rollard

All right, I'll be writing the intro...but what is our lineup again? I kind of forgot...all I remember is that I'm the lead guitarist, and I don't remember anyone else...

Carlissa

Wyrd

Ragtime Dandies!

yuna0417

Spell

Darling,
What is going on...

Rollard

Carlissa

Hi!

I was going to wait for others to post, since my character isn't part of the band.