News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Winter is Coming...

Started by Rhapsody, April 01, 2012, 04:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remiel

Quote from: Rave on May 19, 2014, 05:11:53 PM
Is it odd that Baelish is kind of stealing the show for me? I love the way he twists and plots things like that, its like he's so deliciously evil and I'm really curious as to how he'll move forward. I do have a question though, does this technically make him Lord of the Vale since he married her? Or does that title still remain in the hands of her little shit-head son?

I think my two favorite characters in A Song of Fire and Ice are Littlefinger and Varys, because they are the only two characters, it might be argued, who truly know how to play the Game of Thrones (although an argument can certainly be made for Tywin Lannister and Olenna Redwyne, otherwise known as the Queen of Thorns).  Both of humble origins, they have risen to positions where they pull the strings to make houses rise and fall.

As for Baelish, unless I am mistaken, he is now the Lord of the Vale, although there are some, such as Bronze Yohn Royce, who oppose him.  Since he has the backing of King Tommen and the Lannisters, however, he's pretty firmly seated.

consortium11

Quote from: Rave on May 19, 2014, 05:11:53 PM
Is it odd that Baelish is kind of stealing the show for me? I love the way he twists and plots things like that, its like he's so deliciously evil and I'm really curious as to how he'll move forward.

Baelish does definitely seem to get the majority of the "magnificent bastard" style moments... in both the novels and the series. I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of the way Gillen's tended to suddenly ramp up his Irish accent for recent scenes but it certainly does make him more sinister.

Quote from: Rave on May 19, 2014, 05:11:53 PMI do have a question though, does this technically make him Lord of the Vale since he married her? Or does that title still remain in the hands of her little shit-head son?

No, the son remains Lord of the Vale; the title transferred to him when his father died and will remain with him unless something happens to him as well.

That said, as Robert is below the age of maturity, he needs a regent to rule for him... and I think we can guess who is likely to put himself forward and so control the Vale in all but name?

Spoilers for the books
That's exactly what Petyr does in the books, naming himself Lord Protector (and with Robert firmly in his clutches that gives him pretty much ultimate power... see the insidious history of Lord Protectors with infant kings in medieval history. He then uses some more intrigues/cunning to disarm those who oppose him so at this point he rules pretty much unopposed.

Stella

Quote from: Remiel on May 19, 2014, 05:43:34 PM
I think my two favorite characters in A Song of Fire and Ice are Littlefinger and Varys, because they are the only two characters, it might be argued, who truly know how to play the Game of Thrones (although an argument can certainly be made for Tywin Lannister and Olenna Redwyne, otherwise known as the Queen of Thorns).  Both of humble origins, they have risen to positions where they pull the strings to make houses rise and fall.

You put your finger right on it, Remiel. Those four ... and I think I'd add Illyrio Mopatis to that list, since
Possible Spoiler
he's probably still working with Varys.

Rhapsody

Dinklage's delivery of that speech at the end was incredible, but the moment I think he deserves an Emmy for? That look on his face when Oberyn said, "It's just a baby."
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Remiel

Quote from: Rhapsody on May 20, 2014, 08:10:21 AM
Dinklage's delivery of that speech at the end was incredible, but the moment I think he deserves an Emmy for? That look on his face when Oberyn said, "It's just a baby."

Or when he finally promised, "I will be your champion."

Aiden

Man, I was PISSED to learn there is no episode last night. FUCK, I want to see the Mountain vs the Viper!

jouzinka

Huh, no ep? :-/ That sucks.

And Mountain vs Viper will be ep 9, no? O.o
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Aiden

EP 8 according to the released episode list.

38   8   "The Mountain and the Viper"[50]   Alex Graves   David Benioff & D. B. Weiss   June 1, 2014   
39   9   "The Watchers on the Wall"[50]   Neil Marshall   David Benioff & D. B. Weiss   June 8, 2014   
40   10   "The Children"[50]   Alex Graves   David Benioff & D. B. Weiss   June 15, 2014

jouzinka

OMG OMG OMG WE WILL SEE THE CHILDREN THIS SEASON ALREADY!!!!!!??????

They are forgiven for this week.  XD

Interesting chat with Pedro Pascal

Iniquitous

They did not put out the episode last night because last year the number of viewers went down on Memorial Day weekend. So, they decided to skip airing on Memorial Day weekend this year to see if that solved the problem.
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

Iniquitous

Oh man. That was.... brutal.

BCdan

Another one of those episodes where reaction vids surface a day or so later.   ;D

Ive read that some people literally vomited during that scene.

~I enjoy random PM's~

Synecdoche17

I'm a book reader and that still hurt.  :-(
A book, a woman, and a flask of wine: /The three make heaven for me; it may be thine / Is some sour place of singing cold and bare — / But then, I never said thy heaven was mine.

Ons & Offs, Stories in Progress, and Story Ideas
Absences and Apologies

Rave

Oh. My. God.

I don't want to spoil anything till tomorrow and people have watched but...

Fuck Danny, first of all.

Secondly...that scene...I knew it was coming...but oh god not like this.

jouzinka

I'm a book reader and I fully admit I didn't watch the scene. Just no.

Anyone else thinks they didn't really translate well the way Daenerys released ser Jorah from her service? After all, supposedly, she didn't release him because he spied on her, but because he refused to admit he was wrong to do so and refused to apologize. At least that's how it translated in my head. I felt that the comparison with revelation of Arstan Whitebeard was sorely missing...

Stella

I pretty much tune out during any scene of Emilia's. Her acting was at an all-time low this episode.

Loved the scene between Tyrion and Jaime. They are wonderful, absolutely wonderful together. The chemistry's brilliant.

I'm not fit to discuss
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Oberyn. Out of all the deaths in the books so far, that was always the one that got me most. I remember being absolutely furious at the total injustice of his death. I couldn't watch the scene. Ellaria's scream just killed me. I think I'm going to leave my feelings to 90s!Leo:

jouzinka

I was also waiting for the "Don't make me rue the day I raped your mother" moment, but it hasn't come yet?

Or maybe I missed it previously?!

Remiel

Quote from: jouzinka on June 02, 2014, 09:49:32 AM
I was also waiting for the "Don't make me rue the day I raped your mother" moment, but it hasn't come yet?

Or maybe I missed it previously?!

You're talking about Roose Bolton?  No, we haven't heard it in the show.

Revelation

Quote from: Stella on June 02, 2014, 07:34:01 AM
I pretty much tune out during any scene of Emilia's. Her acting was at an all-time low this episode.

Glad i'm not the only one who seems to think that about her acting. Dany's actor is just... I have nothing positive to say about her.

The fight scene however was great. It was damn near perfect, and despite knowing what happens actually hearing and seeing it is a far different beast than the books. Just hearing the screams... Ugh. Gut wrenching.

Lilias

To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Iniquitous

Aiden

I liked that one better also.

Polymorph

jouzinka